Duo con Brio Reviews

126 | West Linn, OR

126 Reviews for Duo con Brio

We used Brio con Duo for our ceremony music! They were professional and flexible, despite the fact I called them merely two weeks before! Not to mention they played several of our favorite songs for no extra charge.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Tarajanelle · Married on 09/02/2013

Amazing performers I requested certain custom music and it was 100% was I envisioned for my fairy tale wedding I loved Cory's service !!!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Ariel · Married on 10/10/2010

We booked inside 4 weeks of our wedding, and the experience was FANTASTIC!

It took only two phone calls to cement our music plans (just choices)
    All I did was write them the check (no planning, rehearsal, pre-interview, in-person consult or reminders required). They showed up on time, looking sharp, seated themselves in the obvious place, started playing, and executed all the transitions FLAWLESSLY.

I remember thinking, as my bridesmaids walked down the aisle "I forgot to tell them how many bridesmaids, and to ask them not to cut the music short, but not play the whole piece before my procession, but still play both that song and Canon blah blah blah" ... and then just as I was grabbing dad's hand and wondering how they would pull it off, they wrapped up the processional like the piece was written to be 3 mins long (seamlessly), waited for one perfect moment, and then started the song I was walking down to. "GOSH", I thought, "these folks really know what they're doing". The best part was that they stayed to play some really lovely music through the receiving line and some of the photos. All of my very musically-inclined relatives commented on the quality of the performance. My only regret is that I didn't get to even say hello or thank you once because I was naturally very busy. I suppose that is the mark of a true professional - they required no management, placement, or recognition, and did an outstanding job. Thank you Hae-Jin and Hyng-Jin, you guys were GREAT!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Melissa · Married on 09/25/2010

Duo Con Brio was great! They showed up on time, played exactly as planned, were professional and presentable with incredibly beautiful instruments. We received a lot of compliments from our guests on how great the duo was. Well worth the money.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Sven · Married on 09/23/2017

I asked last minute if the performers could play a star wars tune as I walked down the aisle...I was surprised and delighted to hear the star wars main theme, which sounded amazing and was the talked about by the guests all night! Thank you!

Sent on 01/13/2018

Krystle · Married on 07/27/2017

We are glad we chose Duo Con Brio for our vineyard wedding ceremony. They were professional, played great tunes that our guests really enjoyed, and had an awesome selection/range of songs for us to choose from for the ceremonial segments. They have many sample songs on their website, which was very useful for us to go through for song selections. We booked an hour for $371. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2015

For our ceremony and cocktail hour we used the duo of a violin and an oboe. They were spectacular. They arrived early to set up and the music could not have been better. We had chosen the music in advance and duo con brio provided feedback on whether it made sense with the flow of the ceremony. They were always quick to respond to us. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/26/2015

We hired the string Duo, Cello and Violin. They played for the ceremony music only. They were punctual and very professional. The whole process was smooth and Corey was easy to work with. I loved the music, it was perfect!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Kelly · Married on 02/01/2014

We wanted something a little more live and classical than a DJ for our small private ceremony. We had read great reviews and listened to samples from Duo con Brio, and decided to go with them. We met with Corey to nail down which songs we wanted for both the ceremony, as well as during a champagne cocktail hour post-ceremony. He and his business partner did a wonderful job. The music was beautiful and added a nice touch to the ambiance of our ceremony.

Sent on 02/11/2014

Cory was very responsive and collaborative while planning the music for our reception. He helped create the back drop of a very personal and unforgettable evening.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Brenna · Married on 06/16/2012

The violin and cello duo sounded great at our wedding. I would recommend Duo con Brio to anyone.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Jared · Married on 05/19/2012

The musicians did a fanatic job. I would recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Kristin · Married on 08/05/2011

Duo Con Brio is great at what they do. I had them play at my wedding and the music was amazing. I'm so happy we went with them. They were also flexible when we had to move our wedding date. They just transferred our deposit and everything was set. Thank you so much for playing at my wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Nora · Married on 07/08/2017

We hired duo con Brio to play at our wedding ceremony, they were absolute great! They were professional and incredibly talented musicians, they created an incredible level of elegance and ambiance. We completely recommend them!

Sent on 01/12/2018

We hired Duo Con Brio to play music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very professional, responded in a timely manner to all emails and inquiries, and played beautifully. Everyone was pleased!

Sent on 08/26/2014

3.5

I booked the musicians at the last minute. I was looking for something simple during the ceremony and during the cocktail hour. Music sounded good. They played our requests and then kept with the same style of music for the cocktail hour. They were fairly pricey, but when you take into account the time required for two musicians to practice, prep, drive and play, the price makes sense.

Sent on 07/14/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2010

3.5

As a bride, I couldn't really tell you how my string duet did since I never really got to hear or see them.... I was so in the moment, I never even saw the string players! They kept me hidden in the bridal suite until the ceremony so the guests got to enjoy the strings, which is the way it should be. Then after the ceremony I was whisked away... It now makes complete and total sense to me why they want full payment before the wedding. From what all my guests said, they did a superb job and I know they created the mood of the wedding. Many guests ran late arriving to our off-the-map location, and duo con brio kept the wedding air through out the waiting time. Though I paid by the minute for overage, it was worth it. Corey was super awesome and was quick to reply on all of my emails. I found him at the Troutdale Bridal Show, where he offered a great discount for signing up that day. He was easy to work with and suggested great pieces when I was stuck. I recommend to create a document that specifies what songs you would like played when certain people walk down the aisle/ during cocktail hour/etc. I also recommend to have extra desired songs in your back pocket if you run into a position as mine where we had guests running late and we had the duet playing longer. The one hiccup I had was wanting two certain songs played at the wedding, Corey asked me to find the sheet music for the particular songs, but I could not find it, so it did not get played. :( Overall, from what my guests told me, duo con brio did a great job and I recommend them!

Sent on 09/06/2010

Eric · Married on 09/02/2017

Perfect 3 piece ensemble with a terrific music selection.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Marisa · Married on 08/02/2013

Duo con Brio played all the music for our ceremony as well as cocktail hour. Corey, the owner, was very approachable and easy to work with and he and Jim, the violinist, were both so talented. We loved the ceremony music. The only criticism I could give is that they had played at our venue before and said that it was small enough that we wouldn't need a mic for music, however at the cocktail hour, even though they moved closer to the party space, no one could really hear the music over the crowd (approx 60 people). They are both such talented musicians and I know they played some lovely pieces during the cocktail hour, just wish we could have heard them better.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Megan · Married on 07/23/2011

3.5

Duo Con Brio was amazing! They played beautiful ceremony music while guests were dripping wet from the hot weather. It was so breath-taking to hear the music that when I was about to walk down the aisle I had a tearing moment from the gorgeous day and music. Thank you again!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Duo con Brio was great! We had a trio with guitar, cello, and violin play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very professional, and did great renditions of all the songs we asked for. They have a huge list of songs they can play, and will arrange one song for free. Everyone loved them!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Admir · Married on 07/06/2012

Outstanding musicians developed a method for a classical night. Thank You

Sent on 07/21/2012

Danielle · Married on 04/05/2009

3.5

Corey with Duo Con Brio was an amazing person to work with for the ceremony music. They have a broad selection & types of music to choose from. They had the perfect selection for our ceremony. They were very professional in dress & presence. Their performance was amazing & really tied everything together. It was great to have them outdoors & seem them in the corner of the garden.

Sent on 06/04/2009
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 01/08/2011

Starting with my first contact with Corey Averill, he was casual but professional and very accommodating. Unfortunately, I never got to meet Corey in person, but we had a few 'phone concerts' to help select music for our ceremony, and on the big day, the music was flawless. A solo cello was perfect for the indoor venue, and Corey plays with incredible richness and quality. If you can book them, you'll be thrilled that Duo con Brio is playing at your wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2012

Amy · Married on 07/28/2007

4.2
      3.0

They were easy to work with, sounded great and looked very professional. I don't even remember seeing them as I walked down the aisle. I heard every song played, and they didn't play one of my songs I asked for specificially, which was my favorite song and a bit disappointing.

Sent on 06/09/2008