Duo con Brio Reviews

126 | West Linn, OR

126 Reviews for Duo con Brio

Sumi · Married on 01/06/2013

Corey and Janet played at my wedding and they were wonderful. I had specific requests for my processional musical arrangements and Corey and Janet learned the arrangement and played it beautifully. I live in DC and was planning the wedding from here and Corey played the music for me over the phone so I could hear it prior to the wedding. He was so easy to work with. Corey is responsive,reliable, professional, and very talented. I cannot thank him and Janet enough for making my wedding day so special. I would recommend Corey and his team to any bride that is looking for ceremony musicians.

Sent on 01/18/2013

Natasha · Married on 09/08/2012

Great music and flexibility with moving to stay with the crowd from greeting & welcoming to formal seating during processional to champagne reception

Sent on 09/23/2012
  • User2621963 · 2+ years ago

Duo Con Brio is the best!

We hired Duo Con Brio trios for both our daughters' weddings. They played while guests were arriving, for the ceremony and a short time after until the DJ started. They're lovely musicians to work with, and their music is divine. Their music set the tone for the weddings and took them to another level!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Carly · Married on 07/17/2012

Duo Con Brio was absolutely wonderful! They were the nicest people to work with and absolutely went above & beyond to arrange all of our music wants. I would recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 07/23/2012

The string duo was absolutely wonderful. They are very talented, accommodating and professional. They added a lovely, classy element to our beach wedding.
    Thank you very much gentlemen!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2012

Absolutely perfect! They were on time, easy to work with, flexible and did exactly what we requested! We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Kathy · Married on 06/24/2012

A wonderfully talented and pleasant group to work with. They are very skillful at adapting to the needs of the moment and expanding their repertoire beyond the traditional wedding music. We greatly appreciate their willingness to collaborate and provide accompaniment for our soloist. Their website is easy to use and helpful. Communication for planning and payment was expedited via email and telephone responsiveness. Their beautiful musical artistry provided the perfect soundtrack for our setting and ceremony. I highly recommend them with total confidence.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Hannah · Married on 06/15/2012

Thank you so much Corey and Jim!

The music was beautiful, hearing Fur Elise on the cello and violin as the mothers walked up was so touching. We are so thankful that you were also willing to accompany our guitarist for the hymn even without practice. Very professional and talented musicians, really added the tradition and old world feel I wanted. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Michael · Married on 03/21/2012

This music made the ceremony sooo beautiful. Everyone loved it. Even the priest talked about it DURING the ceremony. They didn't cost much, but they would have been worth it if they did.

Sent on 04/01/2012

Phenomenal group and quartet. Very professional to work with. I am an accomplished pianist and cellist, and their tempo, musicality, intonation, and phrasing of all of their pieces were spot on. I would definitely recommend this quartet to anyone.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Phenomenal and professional quartet!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Duo con Brio played at my wedding at Silcox Hut, and they did amazing!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Lori · Married on 09/27/2011

Sounded great - no problems. I didn't have to worry about the music, which was fantastic!

Sent on 02/09/2012
  • Therese

Therese · Married on 09/03/2011

Wonderful music especially in the old Chapel!!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Fred · Married on 08/21/2011

Duo was a fantastic addition to our wedding day. They were a delight to work with during the planning process and very responsive to our questions/requests. They are wonderfully talented musicians and played beautifully and perfectly on cue during the ceremony. We'd recommend them highly to anyone that is looking to add a special musical touch to their wedding. Thank you, Duo!

Sent on 02/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2011

So skilled and so accomodating! We had Duo con Brio provide the music for our ceremony and our cocktail hour, and could not have been happier with the result. From the classics to more modern songs such as Falling Slowly, the Married Life theme from Up!, and Viva la Vida, everything was performed beautifully. Corey was also a pleasure to meet and plan with.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Alicia · Married on 08/20/2011

Duo Con Brio is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend them! They played the cello and the violin at our daughter's wedding -- during the ceremony and during the cocktail hour. Our guests loved their music and even our daughters' piano teacher was very impressed. We also hired Duo Con Brio for the wedding rehearsal which worked out really well -- the wedding party was very relaxed on the wedding day itself. I live in CA and wish that Duo Con Brio were down here so that we can hire them for parties as well as recommend them to all of our friends here!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Lesley · Married on 07/23/2011

Corey and Janet played our ceremony music and provided everything you ever hope for from musicians. They arrived early, were prepared for the hot sunshine and provided great alternatives (where it would be better for them to sit and that it might be better to amplify (even though it wasn't arranged ahead of time)). They had everything they needed, worked well with the dj and site, and had the mostly lovely music while guests were being seated and during the ceremony. Absolutely worth the money and such a classy touch. Corey and Janet are professional musicians with professional touches. You can't go wrong.

Sent on 02/06/2012
  • Hanna

Hanna · Married on 07/22/2011

Duo Con Brio was great to work with. They were very prompt responding to my emails and they even played a specialty song for us for our recessional music at no additional cost. The quality of their music was great and with the amp the sounds filled our area nicely. The music was soothing but not boring. The duo added elegance to our wedding and was perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/06/2011

Sydney · Married on 01/29/2011

Duo Con Brio was absolutely fabulous. They were very easy to book via their website and they sounded fantastic at the ceremony! I would use them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 03/07/2011

Jen · Married on 09/12/2010

We hired a cello/violin duo from duo con brio. The music was fantastic. Corey was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process and played the music we wanted incredibly well (coming from a musical family, this was important to me). Without a hesitation I would hire duo con brio again for an event in the future.

Sent on 01/09/2011

Amber · Married on 07/03/2010

Duo Con Brio was an excellent choice for our ceremony music. They played all the songs we wanted and were really skilled in choosing music that went with the vibe we were going for. We asked if they could play Autumn Leaves, and they hadn’t before. But instead of saying “no” Corey listened to the song (on piano and sax) and was able to translate it into violin and cello. It was amazing! We actually didn’t hear the song when it was played since they played it while the guests were arriving, so we mentioned it to them, and they played it again just for us (literally, everyone else was somewhere else eating) after the ceremony. They also were just very pleasurable to work with.

Sent on 08/11/2010
  • yamyat21

Heidi · Married on 05/01/2010

They played exactly what we asked for and even bought music for a song we wanted. "let's get together" by haley mills. They were so professional and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Corey was a pleasure to work with. I have hopes of having them play for our anniversary.

Sent on 05/25/2010

Virginia · Married on 08/02/2009

Duo con Brio was the first vendor we chose. Their web site allowed us to hear their gorgeous music in advance and completely sold us on having a string duo for our ceremony and the cocktail hour before the reception. We also had one of them play for the rehearsal, so everyone would know what to expect. Corey Averill is a pleasure to work with. He allowed us to change the date of the wedding once and the times for the rehearsal twice without any problem! Gorgeous music that will bring tears to your eyes.

Sent on 08/21/2009
  • halcyonhalo

Jamie · Married on 08/04/2007

HIRE THIS BAND!!

First of all, Duo Con Brio was wonderful! But I'll start by saying the few things that went wrong.

I'm not sure whose fault this is, mine or theirs, but they started playing MY song as the flower girls were walking down the aisle... instead of waiting for me. That was a little heartbreaking, but it was really the only big thing that went wrong at the wedding. I didn't even mention it to them, because it could very well be my fault, I'm not sure.

The other thing, which I'm also not sure if it was our wedding coordinator's fault, or the band's, but they set up right where my bridesmaids were supposed to stand, so the girls had to scrunch together and it threw off the symmetry of the ceremony.

NOW THE GOOD - the musicians were exceptional We had SO many guests tell us that they were the best trio they'd ever heard.

Corey Averill is so nice, and very easy to speak with. I had dreamed of walking down the aisle to a Coldplay song, and I send him the version I liked and BAM he had the music for it and the trio learned the song!! They were even willing to allow a friend of mine to sing with the trio, which was amazing!

The only advice I have is make sure you have ALL the details worked out before the wedding. I thought that I had all of ours worked out, but I guess not! Either way, you will be glad that you hired them!

Sent on 08/12/2008