Dulce Cakes & Desserts Reviews

6 | New York, NY

6 Reviews for Dulce Cakes & Desserts

Lanie · Married on 05/25/2014

Juanita is AMAZING. She is so friendly and easy to work with. Her cakes are delicious. Even the band mentioned to me how great the cake was.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Melanie · event on: 11/02/2013

Markela made a beautiful three-tier cake for my son's transportation-themed second birthday. She has been my go-to baker for all occasions I've hosted over the years and I wouldn't dream about hiring anyone else!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Jackie · event on: 11/02/2013

Fabulous service. Desserts were extremely well made and absolutely delicious

Sent on 12/17/2013

We had our wedding cake from Dulce Desserts and it was AMAZING. There was a good amount left over and I ate a piece every day for a week and was so sad to finish the last piece. Thinking about that strawberry cake right now is making me hungry... That will not be my last cake from Dulce. Juanita is very friendly and is good at guiding you in the correct direction. She has a big personality and will tell you what she thinks.

Sent on 10/28/2015

maryellen · Married on 06/30/2013

I’ve ordered from Dulce for a few years now. How many different ways can I say scrumptious and yummy, not to mention gorgeously prepared? I’ve ordered everything from platters of cookies for holidays, specialized cookies, flan, cakes, pies, special desserts! Her dessert tables are to die for. Her cakes are gorgeously and caringly designed and decorated and artistically designed to your own order. I say there is nothing she can’t create with butter cream and fondant. Look no further, order from Dulce Cakes and Desserts!

Sent on 12/27/2013

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

Markela, the owner, was very responsive and flexible. However, because there is no storefront it was difficult to pick out what you like and be sure that it can be delivered how you picture it.

We met a few times, did a tasting which was good. Dulce de leche flavor is really good. The end product was not how I pictured it, the colors were off, although she sent me picture samples of colors for my ombre cake, when the I saw the full product it was too light and you could barely see ombre. The details were not perfect and the rosettes were not fluffy, but more flat.

Overall good for the price, but for a wedding, if I was to do it again, I would choose someone else. This is good for kids birthday since it is so reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/22/2014