Drop The Mic Entertainment Reviews

72 | Akron, OH

72 Reviews for Drop The Mic Entertainment

Chelsea · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely loved him. He was a great time and kept the party going. The day was a little unorganized on our part due to the rain delay, but Willie kept calm and tried to keep us on time with things. He pronounced the last name a little wrong, but that was the only minor issue. Will definitely recommend to friends!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Drop The Mic Entertainment's reply:

I knnooowwww lol. Oh my gosh I totally did. As soon as I said it I turned to my DJ Alex and said I can't believe I messed that up after I literally just asked. Sorry about that. Thanks for your kind words though Chelsea.

Abbey · Married on 04/01/2017

We were so happy we decided to book with Drop The Mic Entertainment for our wedding! Willie was extremely helpful during the planning process and was always willing to incorporate any ideas we had. He always made sure to update us before any special moments at our wedding (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) Thanks to Willie, the dance floor was packed until the very last song.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Allison · Married on 03/25/2017

As a wedding photographer, I've worked with many DJ's over the years. Drop the Mic entertainment has hands down been my favorite. DJ Willie Hooper knows how to get the party started, and keep it going. Do yourself a favor and hire them!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Willie was very easy to work with prior to the event and the day of. He was very responsive and nearly instantly would respond to any questions I had. He played the music we wanted to hear and had great pricing.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Emily · Married on 07/23/2016

Willie was incredibly easy to work with, and he made our reception so fun!

Sent on 08/07/2016
  • W

Wesley · Married on 07/22/2016

Willie was an excellent DJ and MC. He was eager to work with us and listened to what we wanted before our wedding. He gave us a very competitive rate because our wedding was on a Friday, and was not pushy at all in the time between our initial inquiry with him and our decision to hire him (I had another DJ email me every day even after I said we weren't interested).

On the actual day of the wedding, Willie worked hard to keep our schedule of events moving. He made a few recommendations to get us back on track when we arrived to the reception late, and made sure to check in and remind us of the time throughout the reception so that we could make sure we got to the events on time.

Willie also has a very easy-to-use website where most of your planning for the reception and music can be done. He worked in our music requests and had people dancing all night, even though our reception was held outside on one of the hottest days of the month.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Devon · Married on 06/25/2016

Willie did a fantastic job! He was so easy to communicate with and made the entire process go smoothly. He really did a great job keeping the guests involved and always made sure that there were guests on the dance floor by playing songs that everyone liked. I've been to weddings where the DJ didn't stand out or wasn't in tune with the feel of the wedding but I have to say that wasn't the case at all. They were very affordable as well which was definitely another plus! I would definitely use Drop the Mic Entertainment again!

Sent on 09/03/2016
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 06/24/2016

I found Drop the Mic on weddingwire and based on their amazing reviews decided I would contact them. Within the same day Willie contacted us. He was so helpful and worked with our schedule since we were planning our Ohio wedding from Chicago. He was so organized and listened to everything we wanted. On the day of the wedding he was so flexible and accommodating. I have heard horror stories of DJs mixing up songs and missing key elements but not him he nailed everything perfectly. Our dance floor was never empty, he kept the energy going! My favorite part though was the fact that before he would announce anything he made sure we were ready! Willie thank you for making our wedding so amazing.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

I have to start out by saying Willie was the best DJ! I asked for a price quote on a Sunday not expecting a reply until Monday or Tuesday. Not only did I get a quote the same day, but I also got an email asking if he could call me to go over things and some helpful information to aid us in selecting a DJ. At that moment my husband and I knew that we had to go with Drop the Mic. Willie was so helpful with planning the timeline and selecting the music and would occasionally send an email to make sure I was staying on track and what could he do to help. At the wedding, he had everyone on the dance floor and kept our night on track. He reaffirmed that I had made the correct choice, when he played a song from my favorite band for our cake cutting. I remember hearing it come on and I just stopped and looked at my husband and squealed "He's playing Pearl Jam!" I had left that option open on his sheet and let him pick the song. He was clearly paying attention to our sheet and email communications and picked a perfect song to use, not many DJs would go above and beyond like that. He made that moment even more special that it already was. I would highly recommend him to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Joseph · Married on 04/16/2016

We had Will, and I can tell that he is worth it. Since we were out of town he always made sure to keep in touch, and even check in a couple times when getting closer to the wedding. The music was great, the dance floor was packed the whole night. Very professional, but also very friendly which made the whole process more enjoyable.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Miranda · Married on 04/16/2016

I can't rave enough about Will! He was incredible and made sure the party was perfect! He asked us what music we wanted from beginning to end and had such a wide array of music to fit the different parts of the night! Once our first dance and the anniversary dance was done, he got the party started and it went until the very end! Everyone felt they had something the could dance to throughout the night since he would slip in some slower songs in between the fast ones. He was willing to play all the strangest requests my guests had. I am so thankful we had someone that understood the party we wanted to have and made it happen!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Hilary · Married on 03/16/2016

Willie did a work event for us yesterday. It was probably not his typical event, we just needed some background music to the day. He was awesome and did exactly what we needed! I will definitely contact him for future events!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Markie · Married on 10/31/2015

Willie was awesome!! Very friendly and played the music we wanted.

Sent on 11/08/2015

We had a very small wedding reception and wanted people to be able to dance and have a good time, but we know nothing about dance music or what would get people going... Willie did. He did a fantastic job keeping the dance floor going. He seemed to be able to read the crowd and knew what to play and when to play it. We got around 20 people telling us how much they "loved the DJ!" He was very professional and had a great library of songs so people could make plenty of requests. 10/10

Sent on 11/15/2015

Gina · Married on 09/19/2015

Very nice and professional. He did everything we asked of him.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Allison · Married on 09/05/2015

He was so easy to work with. All I had to do is give him times and list of songs and he had it all set up and ready for the reception! Professional and easy going and the music choices were great. He also took song requests from my guests and played them immediately!

• User5411990 · 2+ years ago

Willie was wonderful! Best wedding dj around!!!

• User5411971 · 2+ years ago

Very easy going and easy to work with. Took our music selections and kept the mood all evening. Kept the pace of the wedding on track. Everything we needed in a DJ.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Willie was an amazing DJ. He brought a lot of energy to the wedding and really was a pleasure to work with. He was really professional and offered advice and stayed in touch with me throughout my wedding planning. His pricing was also really great. I don't think we could have picked a better DJ for our special day.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/01/2015

Willie did a great job, was prompt on the day of the wedding and most importantly very patient during the planning process. Music was great, lighting was fun and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Will was awesome at our wedding reception! Super fun, read the crowd really well for song selection , and got people dancing. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone planning a reception

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jessica · event on 06/20/2015

Will was a really nice guy and very easy to talk to about the details of our anniversary party. I kept in touch with him by email and he was great at getting back to me quickly. He was able to meet with us several times before our event to answer questions we had, as well as go over every detail of the day. He kept the music flowing from start to finish at our party and he was professional through it all. I would highly recommend Drop The Mic and Will! Thank you for helping to make our special day a day to remember!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Lauren · event on 05/23/2015

Loved it. He was on time, had music selected for the whole party, and the Lighting was exciting. Thank you Drop The Mic. You definitely don't drop the ball ?

Sent on 06/10/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/16/2015

Willie was absolutely wonderful! We had a couple minor mishaps during the evening that included the change of order of activities, but he helped us out immensely! He played all the songs we wanted, and helped keep everything organized. Thank you again!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Julie · Married on 12/13/2014

We really enjoyed Willie's services at our wedding reception. Very entertaining and fun.

Sent on 12/17/2014