20 Reviews for Driftwood Duet

We had two musicians (cello and violin) for 1 hour at our ceremony. They were amazing and in tune. I can't tell you how many weddings I've been to where the strings were not tuned very well. Not an issue with Driftwood. They played all the songs that we had requested, even the ones that were not in their repertoire. I had even added a song the week of the wedding that they had not played before, and they said no problem and played it perfectly! The only suggestion I have is that they need to answer emails a bit quicker, but in the end every one of our wants and needs were met without any hassle.

Profile Picture Katelyn, 10/11/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I could not be happier. This was my daughter's wedding, and having Driftwood Duets play was a gift to her and myself. The music added even more joy to my heart, and they were fun and easy to work with, and of course of the music was professional and so very well done!

Profile Picture Patricia, 3/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Daniel and Rachel played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose classical arrangements for our ceremony and a variety of pop songs for our cocktail hour. My husband and I were truly impressed with how perfect the music was. Our wedding guests are still commenting to us about how fun it was to hear their favorite pop song played on strings. Daniel and Rachel even played along while my mother in law serenaded our guests with an impromptu solo! Daniel and Rachel are so talented and we feel so lucky that they were available to play for our wedding day. Daniel is very easy to communicate with and was flexible to any changes I made in the music selection. We hope to hear them play again soon and give our highest recommendations.

Profile Picture User4015074, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Book Them! Truly Talented & Professional Musicians!

Daniel (cellist) and Rachel (violinist) were phenomenal at my Valentine's Day wedding ceremony. I cannot recommend them enough. I worked with Daniel to set-up the "gig" and found him extremely responsive and eager to please. Not only are Driftwood's prices fair but they also allowed me to have custom songs - I chose a very random piece (Daylight by Matt & Kim) and they nailed it!! Daniel made booking my event a breeze, they showed up on-time and their music came across beautifully at my venue. I could not be happier. They truly enhanced the atmosphere of my wedding ceremony & were worth every penny. Thank you both!

Profile Picture Rachael, 2/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Daniel and Rachel made our recent wedding reception so special. We had our event at the Institute for Contemporary Art in Boston, and we really wanted strings to accompany my wife’s entrance, our cocktail hour, and the early part of the dinner service. We had to switch rooms and change the tone of the music rather quickly sometimes. But Daniel and Rachel were beyond accommodating with all these requests, even as we inconveniently changed our preferences at the last minute! We initially found them online because we knew that we wanted classical music on strings. But we also wanted to incorporate some of our tastes for more recent indie rock and pop and were wondering if anyone did string interpretations of these types of songs. Daniel and Rachel not only had an amazing classical repertoire, but they also took all of our added requests for songs (including Radiohead, the Flaming Lips, and the Smiths) not on their playlist. Their arrangements of our requested songs were absolutely beautiful, as were all the songs they played. I was really impressed by how they could switch between genres really easily without it sounding abrupt; the transitions between songs were seamless. My wife said she’ll never forget walking into their music, and we only wish that we booked them to play longer at the event. In the days and weeks that have followed, our friends and family have complimented us so many times about how lovely the string music was. We would hire Daniel and Rachel again in a split-second, and we hope our friends book them for events so we can hear them play again. Thank you both for a truly wonderful evening.

Profile Picture User3663287, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Rachel was extremely responsive when setting this up, and she was great with logistics. I was so busy when the duo arrived that I did not have time to talk with them, and it was amazing that they set up, played for the guests as discussed, queued the correct songs at the correct time, and learned new pieces for us as requested with no interaction. Besides the incredible professionalism they displayed, they sounded even better. It was surreal how good they sounded. Guests at my wedding made comments how great they were. When I finally did get to talk to them after the wedding, Rachel was a sweetheart... The other muscian as well. A rediculously great memory!

Profile Picture Tom, 10/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Daniel and Rachel were awesome. The were in their spots way ahead of time. They provided the perfect background music as people arrived. When the ceremony began, they were right on cue, neither too loud, nor soft, and played beautifully. They provided a most wonderful sound, which, along with a gorgeous night, and lovely outdoor surrounding, helped create a magical atmosphere.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Rachel and Daniel provided wonderful cello and violin music for our cocktail hour and wedding ceremony. Our ceremony was outdoors at the Valley Green Inn and they arrived on time and dressed professionally. Our guests loved the music and Daniel was very helpful in providing suggestions.

I really can't say enough about how great they were.

-Malcolm

Profile Picture Malcolm, 9/20/13, 1 Review

Rachel and Daniel,
Thank you so much for our June 29 Newport Wedding! It was fabulous and you were so great with the last minute music changes for the cantor. Please pass on our thanks to Matthew as well. Everyone said how beautiful the music was at the Mass and reception! We will highly recommend you to anyone looking for Wedding music. My only regret was not hearing "You Raise Me Up" as they had me in the outside corridor but all of my friends said it was beautiful! Working with you could not have been easier as you were so flexible and you knew all of the music we suggested. Thank you!

Profile Picture Jenn , 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Your performance at our wedding was spectacular. It was one of the highlights. The only thing I wasn't happy with was that I didn't have you stay the entire evening. Your beautiful music was dearly missed when you went home. EVERYONE raved about you and asked, "Where did you find them?!". The fact that you were able to play "Brick House", of all songs, was something none of us will ever forget. I would recommend you to anyone, anytime, for any event. Oh, and for the brides reading this, their pricing was extremely competitive.

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/22/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I hired Daniel and Rachel for my proposal. I myself was a bit frantic in the setup (had to change contract details a few times and location last minute), but Daniel kept open and clear communication. Daniel and Rachel planned ahead for inclement weather and showed up earlier than required - this was comforting and especially important as it was a surprise proposal. The music and performance was amazing, and really made the occasion. At first I was worried that having a duo instead of a quartet would lose the fullness of the performance, but it was actually more intimate and really great. They fulfilled my pop musical selections, and it was elegant and wonderful.

Profile Picture User3297632, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I would highly recommend Rachel and Daniel to anyone. They were so easy to work with, so incredibly talented and just good people in general. I'd love to hear more of them and given the chance, I'd love to work with them again. I can't say enough good things about them. Their music is beautiful.

Profile Picture Hillary, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Everything was great! We really enjoyed the music.

Profile Picture L, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I used Daniel and Rachel for my wedding, they were amazing. I got so many compliments on how beautiful they sounded. They even learned a new song for my bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the isle to. It was Led Zeppelin's "All of my Love". I would most certainly recommend them to anyone who is getting married. I could not have asked for a better set of musicians. They were also very reasonably priced. I definitely got my money's worth. I also recommended them to friends of ours who's wedding we were in on 08/31/2013 in Rhode Island. They again did a wonderful job and learned songs for their wedding as well.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/15/11, 8 Reviews

9/3/2011
Rachel & Daniel were the perfect addition to our outdoor wedding in September 2011. They were extremely knowledgeable, professional, communicative and supportive. They played for an hour - beginning a bit before our ceremony kicked-off and they immediately set the right tone for our event. They played during our wedding ceremony II selected more classical music for the ceremony) and then a mix of classical, folk and more modern music for our cocktail hour. I live in Boston, but our wedding was being held outside of Portland, ME. I communicated with them via email leading up to the event, they sent me some suggested music selections to choose from and offered to learn two songs at our choosing. As the day of our wedding was a bit more hectic than I thought it would be, I didn't have a chance to connect with Danile & Rachel the day of the wedding before our the event began... and I was nervous that they wouldn't know when to begin playing the music I had selected for the ceremony - and when to transition into the ceremony music (because I had planned to review this with them in person), but they have obviously done this before and transitioned everyhing just perfectly. They set themselves up, were very low key and just created the perfect atmostphere for our day. Of all the variables that need to come together in one day - they were one piece of the puzzle I just didn't have to worry about and I can't say enough good things about working with them.

Profile Picture Michaela, 9/3/11, 1 Review