Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center Reviews

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 4
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 5
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 6
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 7

We had our wedding reception and celebration in our home after the ceremony for 90 people. It was really important that someone could be flexible with our needs and situation. Out of all of the caterers that we reviewed (there were about 6), Drexelbrook was the only one that provided us an "in home" coordinator and a menu based on a review of our special reception site. Before anything was discussed we had an appointment in our home. They were flexible, courteous, experienced and the food was AMAZING. My friends raved about the service and the food. What was also crucial for our guests was their attention to detail with the menu because of multiple food allergies. A lot of the caterers said that they could modify their menu but Drexelbrook was the only caterer that developed a menu for us that they knew would provide the best experience. Several of our friends have Celiac disease so it was important that we worked with a caterer that had a certified GF facility and chef. Finally, they were also considerate of our budget. I will credit the coordinator with that one detail. She provided many options and was truthful about cost and value.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Katie · Married on 11/01/2013

Drexelbrook exceed our expectations. They were so professional, extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. There was not one thing that went wrong for our wedding. Jeannie, Fatima and her team made our wedding the best days of our life. They made everything so stress free and their service was outstanding.

Not only was the service great but the Food was out of this world. We are still getting compliments on how great everyone thought the food was!!

I will recommend Drexelbrook to anyone that is looking to have a wedding or any event.

I want to also say a special thanks to Jeannie who was absolutely amazing throughout the process and Fatima who made everything run flawlessly.

Sent on 11/21/2013

My Husband and I were married over a month ago, and we still cannot truly grasp how amazing our special day was. The staff at Drexelbrook, from the Bartenders to the General Manager, were all incredible. A high attention to detail, very courteous and professional service and all were extremely happy to share a part of our day! With having 8+ years in the hospitality industry, I will say that the service techniques of the staff, and the very sharp culinary ability of Chef Wade Harvin and his team were very impressive.

We toured a number of ballrooms there, and all are incredible. In the Grand Ballroom, it was immaculate! It honestly felt like a fairy tail! As far as atmosphere is concerned, you just cannot get more beautiful than this. From an ascetic stand point, it was everything, and i meant EVERYTHING, a girl could ever ask for.

To touch on the food, the Hors D'Oeuvres were decadently prepared and served, the action stations were hot, prompt and tasty, the entree was so beautiful, I felt like i would rather look at it, than eat it! But I sure am happy I did eat, because it was amazing!

I want to extend a special thank you to Domenick Savino, an incredible professional in the industry. To Jean Fernandez, the Asst. GM without whom non of this would be possible, Bill Kleinz the Director of Operations who made me feel comfortable and at ease, To Ray Willett, our Maitre D, and to Chef Wade Harvin for his gift of cuisine. My Husband and I, from the bottom of our heart thank you for making this day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Derek · Married on 10/13/2013

My wife and I got married at Franklin Commons in October. Our coordinator from Drexelbrook was Kim Savino.

We decided to do a short, four month engagement. As you can imagine, this added a lot of pressure to an already stressful process. After looking at a few locations, we chose Franklin Commons and had the pleasure of meeting Kim. From the first meeting, we began to feel more secure with our short timeline. Kim was very organized and after talking to us was able to compile a plan that would be perfect for us. We worked together over the four month period and she was always available through phone and email.

Leading up to the ceremony, we had nothing but rain. This was not going to be helpful for our outside ceremony. Kim went out of her way to make sure we had a contingency plan, just in case.

On the day of the ceremony, we had beautiful weather. We kept the original plan for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Everything went off without a problem. Kim kept on us the whole time, not aggressively, but more to just make sure we were alright and we didn't need anything.

The Drexelbrook staff was amazing. They were all extremely pleasant and accommodating. The venue was unique in its style and fit us really well. The food was out of this world and everyone ate like kings! Even with this, none of the food ran out.

Overall, everything was perfect. It was an amazing day and our guests had a great time. Kim and the Drexebrook staff made the process as easy as possible. Almost a month later, and we're still getting positive feedback from our family and friends!

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 10/13/2013

Gene was the master of ceremonies from Drexelbrook Catering! The food was over the top in quality and presentation, and Gene even added some special requests to our menu, creating a dish just for us. He also added a few favorites of his own as part of our package. The professionalism and seamlessness of the evening was overwhelming. We had a beach house wedding and it could not have been more elegant or memorable. Thank you so much to Gene and his staff for making our wedding epic!

Dean & Bonnie, Cape May, NJ

Sent on 11/21/2013

Markita · Married on 10/06/2013

My husband and I were BEYOND pleased with the outcome of our wedding and we have Drexelbrook to thank for that! More importantly, our event coordinator Anthony D'Angelo was phenomenal! He did everything and anything he could to make sure we had the perfect day, and we did! A lot of family and friends thought the venue was beautiful and were asking how we found it. I would definitely recommend Drexelbrook to anyone looking to plan an event! The staff was very accommodating and professional. Thank you DB for making our wedding day the best!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2013

Drexelbrook was absolutely amaxing throughout the process. Jeannie and her staff we fantastic and definitely kept me calm throughout the entire planning and execution. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The food is delicious, the staff is attentive and extremely helpful. I wish I could get married everyday.

The entire team put me at ease and the fact that every time I saw Jeannie or spoke to her, she knew exactly who I was and who my then fiancee was. She was extremely personable, helpful and just all around fantastic. Every person I have spoken to in regards to my wedding say it was so nice, fun and the food was terrific. One person even said "I have been to many weddings, and these hor d'oeuvres I have ever had."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Drexelbrook and Jeannie! I can't say thank you enough!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2013

Amazing service by staff! So many compliments by guests on quality of food. They were on top of everything!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Brandi · Married on 09/13/2013

Drexelbrook provided a wonderful experience for both myself and my husband along with our guests.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Lou · Married on 07/27/2013

Having a wedding reception for 207 people, many of whom were out of state, could have been very stressful, but it was an absolute blast. The Drexelbrook team made our event an absolute dream experience of class, quality, and professionalism. Every aspect of the event was top shelf from the cocktail hour to the elegant ballroom to the food itself. The staff was charming, attentive, and helpful no matter what the request. When the night was over, my wife and I couldn't think of a thing we would have done differently thanks to the expert planning and execution of this wonderful Drexelbrook team.

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 07/27/2013

The whole staff was extremely professional, and accommodating. My wedding was lovely, and everyone was really impressed with how amazing the venue at Franklin Commons was!

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • User4620595 · 2+ years ago

A great venue, with a terrific staff to work with. The food was amazing and the Drexelbrook team made our day seamless. If you're getting married in the Philadelphia area it'd be a mistake not to consider them.

Sent on 12/19/2014

John · Married on 07/20/2013

Employees were great. Any issues were resolved quickly and professionally. Great place all guests enjoyed wedding, nothing but good comments.

Thanks

Sent on 07/26/2013

Rachael · Married on 07/13/2013

Gene and his team made our Wedding perfect! Thanks!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Bill · Married on 06/22/2013

Drexelbrook did an absolutely phenomenal job with our wedding. The moment we entered the gorgeous grounds, we were greeted by the friendly face of their security guard, Fred. I actually had more than a few guests comment on how helpful and amiable he was. We were then greeted by our maitre d' for the evening, Ray. Ray and his staff were fantastic. Many guests commented on how attentive, friendly, and professional they were.
    Our ceremony took place outside on the patio. Once again, the staff was right on top of everything. Before I could ask for anything, Ray had taken care of it. The ceremony was gorgeous. The grounds are picturesque and beautifully maintained. The gazebo and fountains added to the overall ambience.
    After the ceremony we were greeted by our personal bridal captain with a tray of champagne. She remained with us throughout cocktail hour to attend to our any need. All of the food was delicious. Our two interactive food stations were big hits. Many guests were so impressed with the food that they took photos and shared them afterward.
    A big shout out has to go out to Jeannie and Christina. Bustling my bride's dress was challenging to say the least and they took care of it with minimal fuss. Their understanding and professional know-how was much appreciated throughout the entire planning process and especially on a day that could have been very stressful otherwise.
    I cannot say enough about this wonderful venue. They did a magnificent job from start to finish. The food was astounding, the building awe-inspiring, and the staff was a joy. We did not have to worry about a single thing...not even where our next drink was coming from! I would definitely recommend Drexelbrook to any couple looking for an overall amazing wedding experience from start to finish.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Marita · Married on 06/22/2013

The best way I can sum up my experiences working with Anthony D'Angelo and the Drexelbrook team is that we had high expectations and that they surpassed them. We had the perfect wedding and much of that is due to the wonderful work done by Drexelbrook. They provide many excellent services and delivered them flawlessly. We are grateful for their work and are so happy we selected Drexelbrook to host our Wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Edwin · Married on 06/01/2013

We were so pleased with Drexelbrook both before and during our wedding. Gene is a very experienced professional who provides fantastic insights, experience and personal opinion without being overly assertive. We really saw very high value and customer focus and they listened and responded so well to our questions and changes. The tasting dinner at Drexelbrook was really excellent and we added high value to our final decision making.
    On the day, Chef Dave with four highly professional colleagues made our day perfect ! The food was magnificent, the team worked so hard and they were so friendly and helpful all day.

Finally we were really pleased to see Gene at the wedding showing his dedication and commitment to our special day and ensuring our vision was realized.

We are selective in our recommendations but to any would-be couples planning a personalized wedding as we did, this is a team who must at the top of your list. We whole heartedly recommend this company to meet your every needs and they will work hard to make your day very special. Our special thanks to Gene, Chef Dave and the team. We hope to invite you back for future celebratory events.

Best wishes and every success

Ed and Tamara Tucker

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kristin · Married on 05/19/2013

I would highly recommend Drexelbrook for anyone that is looking for a caterer. The quality of food is always wonderful and honestly the best catered food we have ever had. Your chef is phenomenal!

In addition, Gene Blum is great to work with. He is always available to answer any questions or concerns and goes out of his way to make sure your event goes smoothly.

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Tia

Tia · Married on 04/06/2013

I could not have had a more awesome experience working with Drexelbrook or Jean Fernandez (my planner). The venue is lovely and I was immediately won over by their awesome packages. Jean has a real take charge attitude and she knows what she is doing. I was very comfortable with her and confident that she could execute my day according to my vision. I had friends that said you better get your own wedding planner. I told them that I was in good hands. Jean was very sharp, every conversation she remembered exactly what we discussed, what we modified, and she had taken great notes. She was quick to find my files and put her fingers on the information that we needed, completely organized. She gave me plenty of personal attention and was always available to quickly answer my calls via email and phone. Trust me she knows her stuff, let her do her thing and you will not be disappointed. Her suggestions and insight were extremely valuable. The entire experience was a dream come true from the beginning to the end. Drexelbook and Jean far exceeded my expectations. Thank you for making this the best day of my life!!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Mercedes · Married on 11/03/2012

When our wedding was disrupted by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, we had to move our wedding away from the Jersey shore and find all new vendors due to power outages. Drexelbrook, out of the kindness of their hearts, pulled together a wonderful catering package for us on 3 days notice at a price that was within our limited budget. They were extremely professional and our guests were raving about the delicious food all night. I cannot thank Drexelbrook, and Gene in particular, for helping us to still have our perfect wedding day and I would recommend them to anyone for any occasion!

Sent on 12/09/2012

John · Married on 10/13/2012

Awesome staff, very accommodating. Exceeded all of our expectations.

Sent on 11/02/2012

julie · Married on 10/05/2012

Just a little over a month since the wedding and the compliments are still flowing on how wonderful the reception was. Anthony D'Angelo and the rest of the Drexelbrook crew were absolutely FANTASTIC. From the very first phone call until even after the big day, they were professional, courteous, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We never had to worry about anything. Their timing was flawless, the cocktail hour was superb, the food was excellent, and the dining room may have been the most beautiful room that I have ever seen. I would highly recommend Drexelbrook to anyone who is looking for a venue that has it all.

Sent on 11/15/2012
  • David & Kiara

Kiara · Married on 09/21/2012

Drexelbrook did an outstanding job from start to finish. They were very professional, flexible and a pleasure to work with from the first email sent to the congratulations and final good night on our wedding night.
    Anthony did a wonderful job making sure every detail was taken care of and, also, he offered suggestions when me and my husband were unsure.
    Our wedding day was perfect with the help of Fatima. She was easy-going, offered suggestions along the way and took the time to make sure our needs and wants were addressed immediately. Thank you Anthony and Fatima for a GREAT job! Our day was perfect with the help of you and your staff!

Sent on 10/22/2012

KYMYATTA · Married on 09/08/2012

The Drexelbrook is an amazing venue. The staff members are very professional. Jean Fernandez is the greatest. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned. I was beyond satisfied.

Sent on 10/18/2012
  • User2011951 · 2+ years ago

Great Place! Very helpful staff.

Sent on 09/23/2012