Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique Reviews

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 4
Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 5
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 02/22/2013

Perfection is what you will get from start to finish when you choose Dress Your Fancy in Greene! After dealing with Shelly as the Mother of the Bride for my daughter's wedding 2 years ago, I knew there was no place else I would go when it came time to pick the gown for my own wedding. She found a gown for me that was absolutely perfect. ♥ I know I am no one's little girl anymore, but I sure felt like the queen for a day! In addition, when my daughters changed their minds about their own dresses at the last minute, Shelly never uttered one word of complaint but stepped up and helped them to find what worked perfectly at the last minute from her shop stock!! All of this in the midst of a personal tragedy that she was dealing with. When the wedding day finally arrived, Shelly even temporarily closed the shop so she could come and dress me and my daughters. Shelly and her husband were invited to the wedding and she opted to attend standly quietly in the back of the room. After the ceremony she helped my daughters to bustle my gown. We shared a special moment that day and I will treasure it always! Thank you just doesn't cut it, but thank you, thank you from the very bottom of my heart ♥ There is no better place for a bride to go than to Dress Your Fancy in Greene. Shelly will do right by you! From the Bride to the Groom to everyone in between, the level of service goes above and beyond a job for her. She is not only a shop owner, she has truly become my friend. ♥

Sent on 02/25/2013

Jillian H · Married on 10/13/2012

Unexpectedly perfect

Seven years ago this week, I stopped at Dress Your Fancy with my girls, a pit stop on our way to appointments at the 'bigger' shops in Syracuse. We picked 8-9 dresses for me to try out. The excitement was running high because I was FINALLY planning our wedding day and it truely felt like everything was all about me (because seriously, that's what the dress is all about, right?)!

The ladies at DYF asked a couple questions with each dress I slid into & listened to every comment I made, both pros & cons. After the 4th or 5th dress, they looked at each other & smiled. One of them said 'we have your dress... ' and returned with a dress we'd completely overlooked. That dress was THE dress - no doubt about it! When you know you know, so we popped bottles, cancelled the appointments in Syracuse & celebrated.

They stayed within reason of budget & it really shocked me that they cared about ME finding THE dress, and not them making a sale. I've referred many ladies since my experience and will continue to do so as all have loved their results - even those that ended up finding their dress elsewhere. Shopping at Dress Your Fancy is definitely the experience every bride deserves to have.

To the ladies at DYF - congrats on your success & welcome to my neighborhood!

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique 6
    Sent on 01/08/2019

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2012

I loved my wedding dress experience here. The owner Shelly was amazing and made you feel so special and like you were her only bride. It is a smaller place so you and your family are usually the only ones there. Much different than David's bridal which has you try on dresses next to 30 other girls. My dress was stunning and her seamstress was able to make it fit perfectly. Definitely check this place out!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Shelly is such a wonderful person and took the stress out of looking for a dress. As a longtime tomboy, she knew right away what style would work with my figure and it was perfect, not to mention georgous! Plus her suggestions on jewlery were spot on. I would and do recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Traci · Married on 08/17/2012

From the day I got engaged I knew I wanted to buy my dress at a small, intimate shop where I would have an incredible dress selection....and I sure stumbled upon that experience with Shelly at Dress Your Fancy. Now, I live in CO, but grew up in NY, so to make my mom and dad happy I agreed to try a few dress shops with them in upstate NY before I tried anything in CO. Well, I never made it past this shop because everything just fell into place for me there. My first choice dress, even though it was the second one I tried on, was my dream gown, brought tears to my eyes and my parents eyes AND it was under budget. I was there for another hour, convinced I should try more on, and with Shelly's support and kind words accepted that my search was over...that was my gown. In addition to making this easy for me, Shelly went above and beyond with my mom and my bridesmaids from all over the country. She helped us find amazing BM dresses that were classy and very affordable. I am truly grateful for all her help and to this day consider her a great friend (we even invited her to our wedding). I highly recommend Shelly and her shop to anyone looking for a customized and amazing experience! Thanks Shelly!

Sent on 09/09/2012

It took me many places to find the perfect wedding dress and I was lucky enough to find it at Dress Your Fancy. I got SO many compliments on my dress and how good I looked in it. I love love love my dress! The jewelry Shelly picked out to go with my dress looked and matched perfectly too. Thank you Shelly.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Not only did Shelly provide me with the most PERFECT dress for my wedding day, she helped me accessorize with a gorgeous veil and custom made jewelry to complete my look. The dress was high quality and felt great the entire night. Shelly's experience in wedding dresses (and brides) was evident as she was calm and reassuring throughout the shopping experience, alteration process, accessorizing, fitting of my bridesmaids and flower girls with their dresses, etc. On my wedding day, I felt more beautiful than I've ever felt in my entire life, and I owe it Shelly and Dress Your Fancy.

Sent on 08/06/2012

I had a wonderful time working with the staff at Dress Your Fancy! They made me feel like a princess from the minute I walked in the door to the minute I walked down the aisle.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Kendra · Married on 02/04/2012

Top Choice in Wedding Fashion for the NY Tri-City Area! Truly receive the "bridal experience" every bride desires!

We worked with Dress Your Fancy from July through our Wedding in February and received high quality, professional, and personal service from start to finish. The unique selection of wedding gowns, especially with the San Patrick line, paired with Shelly and Jodi's God-given ability to dress brides - none can compare! We were consistently pampered with each interaction from my gown, veil, and shoes, to my husband's tux, and through the attire of our entire wedding party, both bridesmaids and groomsmen! The attention to detail and our personal vision for our wedding day was always valued and given priority, even with long distance planning, communication, and appointments. A life-long relationship developed from our experience and we are so thankful!

I've recommended Dress Your Fancy to two other brides and they had the same success and experience!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Tara · Married on 10/08/2011

Shelly and the entire staff at Dress Your Fancy was amazing to work with. I found my perfect wedding dress at this wonderful boutique and could not have imagined a better experience. Shelly was always very helpful and flexible, allowing me to come in last minute or arrange a time to come during times they were not normally open. They were absolutely wonderful. We also rented all of the men's tuxedo's through Dress your Fancy and it was a much higher quality and also much cheaper than other outfits we had shopped at. Shelly will do everything she can for her brides...she's one of the most sweetest, caring and professional people I have met! Thanks for making my experience so great!

Sent on 10/18/2011

John · Married on 10/08/2011

Very easy to work with. Some shirts did not fit correctly at first so arrangments were made to get replacements. Much larger selection than Mens Wearhouse.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2011

The journey of picking out "The Dress" for your wedding can be stressful...but the experience I had at Dress Your Fancy with Shelly and her staff was anything but stressful, in fact my mom and I had such a great time everytime we were in there! Shelly made it so easy, fun and most importantly she made me feel so special. Not only did we get my dress there, but also the tuxes, bridemaide dresses, and both mother's dresses and from start to finish everything was handled with such professionalism. Thank you Shelly and the staff at Dress Your Fancy for making our experience so wonderful!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2011

I could not find enough words to describe the most amazing and wonderful experience my family, friends and I have had working with Shelly and her girls at Dress Your Fancy. Shelly went above and beyond to make sure that I was happy at all times and taken care of. Shelly worked very hard and was so wonderful to work with. She has the GREATEST selection of all types of dresses especially wedding gowns, you can't find a better place. :)

Sent on 09/29/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/11/2011

I absolutely loved my dress!!! Shelly was amazing and went out of her way to make this experience so wonderful. She has the most awesome ability to be able to see a dress and pick the perfect one for you. I would not have picked my dress at first but she saw it and had me try it on. Once I tried it on I loved it. I would recommend her to anyone who is searching for a wedding or really any formal dress.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Leslie · Married on 08/27/2011

My daughter,the bride, lives in Boston. I looked for my mother-of-the-bride dress while she was looking for her gown. I couldn't find anything I liked and was not happy with the people we were dealing with in the Boston area. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice shop and a person as sweet as Shelly in my own back yard. I couldn't wait to get dressed the day of Laura's wedding and got tons of compliments on my dress!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

Shelly made my dress buying experience a wonderful one, during your appointment you have her full attention unlike at other places I had visited. I also love her honesty and found her opinions on dress styles that were right for me to be very helpful! Shelly was sooo helpful and I would reccomend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Christine · Married on 06/11/2011

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for Dress Your Fancy in Greene, NY!!! I spent almost a year looking for the perfect wedding dress. I had gone to all the big dress shops in the area, and could not find what I was looking for. A friend of the family recommended that we check out Dress Your Fancy, as her daughters both had gotten their prom dresses there, and were ranting and raving about it. So, I decided to check it out.

I was welcomed by Shelly, the owner, who was the most sincere, friendly and personable person I have ever met! I picked out several dresses to try on, and Shelly recommended a few as well. What I loved about her is that she was completely honest with me. If something didn't look great, she would tell me. I really appreciated this because it really made me feel like she was working for me instead of just the sale.

Turns out that I fell in love with the dress that she recommended--she really knows her stuff!! I had so many compliments on my dress, and felt so beautiful on my wedding. Shelly even helped to accessorize me with hair pins, jewelery and shoes. I could not be any more happier with everything, and I cannot thank Shelly enough for the AMAZING job she did. Additionally, my Mom ordered her dress from Dress your Fancy as well, which again, was a dress that Shelly had recommended.

I cannot thank Shelly enough for everything. She really went out of her way to make my day special, and that says a lot. To simply put it, GO TO DRESS YOUR FANCY!!! You will NOT be disappointed, I promise!! :)

Sent on 07/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/07/2011

Dress Your Fancy Bridal Boutique is wonderful! Shelly has created an atmosphere that is welcoming just like Greene; the town where the Boutique is situated. But is also sophicated and elegant. When I entered through the door, I had no expectation that I would walk out knowing exact what gown I would wear on my wedding day. I had completely different ideas about what "style" of dress would suit my body type...my ideas were completely off-base and horribly inappropriate. Shelly picked 3 dresses for me to just "try"....I remember thinking she was out of her mind! The 2nd dress I tried on was the dress I wore on my wedding day. She knows her stuff! Thank you Shelly for everything! Sincerely Jennifer Lindsay

Sent on 06/12/2011

Rebekah · Married on 11/13/2010

On a whim I decided to drive out here and check everything out, and I'm so glad I did!! Found the perfect dress, no where else even came close! Was so nice going here, everything was wonderful!! Love this place!

Sent on 04/15/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2010

I could not be happier with choosing Dress Your Fancy for shopping for my wedding dress! I had already looked at several bridal shops, and was about to settle for a dress that I liked, but decided to stop in here on the advice of our florist. That was the BEST decision, because I found THE dress that I LOVED! Shelley changed her schedule to fit my mom and I in on short notice. Shelley listened to my likes and dislikes, and knew the style of my wedding and what would look good on me and pulled the perfect dress. It was such a warm and positive experience! She found the PERFECT dress - AMAZING! She helped us choose the perfect accessories (veil, hair pins, and jewelry) and let me stop by to try the dress on multiple times and was available whenever I had a worry. The dress fit beautifully on my wedding day, and I could not be happier. My best friend also bought her dress her a few months after my wedding, and my sister will be shopping there also because there is such a great selection of quality dresses!

Sent on 02/24/2011

Jodi · Married on 10/02/2010

The moment that I walked into Dress Your Fancy, I knew that I was in great hands. Shelly and her team make you feel so welcome and so special and she has such an unbelievable talent for finding the perfect dresses for her brides. I only had to try on four dresses before she nailed down my dress and as soon as I put it on tears welled up in my eyes and I knew it was "the one". Shelly also has so many beautiful accessories, shoes and veils there, I got all of my other bridals items and never had to go anywhere else. It was perfect for me since I was living in Colorado and planning a long distance wedding was hard enough. Thank you so much Shelly for making me look and feel like a movie star that day. Love you!

Sent on 02/05/2011

Kristy · Married on 10/02/2010

They are amazing! I was able to get a prompt appointment and Shelly and her team were the best. I was dreading the dress search until I walked into Shelly's shop. By the end of one appointment I had a beautiful dress, tuxedos, shoes, jewelry, and many of the other needed accessories. I ordered my invites there as well. It was pretty much one stop shopping which saved me so much time and money. I would recommend them to all brides!

Sent on 02/25/2011

Kalleen · Married on 08/07/2010

Where do I start with such a wonderful person and a beautiful shop. Well I have delt with Shelly and her crew for years I started off buying a bridesmaids dress from her in '08 for my best friends wedding. Then after getting engaged at my best friends reception I went back to Shelly for my wedding dress. I did search for a long time looking at dresses in other places and was treated like crap by shops in the binghamton area because I was so young and only 18 at the time. Shelly looked past all of that and really cared about me and husbands love for each other. I told her exactly what I wanted and she said ok Im going to find your dress. So Shelly did just that she went to NYC to a bridal trunk show and found "the one" she called me when she got it in her shop and said come on over Ill be here when ever you can come over I think I have your dress. So I made arangements to meet with her outside of shop hours along with my mom and dad. I tried on the dress that my dad said was too frumpy n he was pleasantly surprized and started to cry along with everyone else. After finding my dress Shelly continued to help me find everything else. I ended up getting my dress,tuxes,veil,headpiece,mob dress,florist,guest book,flower girl baskets and even my bra all at her shop. The prices were just right and the customer service was AMAZING!!! she even came on the day of my wedding to help me get ready because no one could get me into my dress like Shelly. Shelly truly has a huge heart and a warming smile that she is not afraid to show.I would recomend her to anyone and you can bet I will be going back when my kids get married and for every occation from now till then. Shelly is simply the BEST!!! ly girl

Sent on 04/06/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2010

I shopped at many bridal shops and none could compare to Dress Your Fancy! As soon as you walked into the door you are warmly welcomed by Shelly with open arms! One of the things I loved about her was she was NOT going to just sell you any dress- she was going to sell you the dress of your dreams and a dress that you adore. She's honest and upfront about what the dresses looks like on and how they can be altered, if needed. She can do just about anything you need for your attire as well, so it makes it nice for a one stop shop. Her prices are really reasonable as well. She keeps you updated on the time schedule and when she receives items. Her customer service is to die for! I think Kleinfeld's bridal would have a hard time keeping up with Shelly! :D I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Shelly and would recommend her to anyone getting married, even down here in VA!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/03/2010

As a mother of the bride, I was very impressed with Shelley. She is a class act! We had gone to many bridal shops, in VA, Albany, Utica, and Binghamton area. She is by far the best! Great service, wonderful selection, reasonable prices and a terrific person, making everyone feel at ease and special. My only regret is that I don't have more daughters to buy gowns for.... I miss Shelley- I might need to find a daughter to adopt just to go back and see her!

Sent on 02/27/2011