Dress Doctor,The Reviews

6 | Atascadero, CA

6 Reviews for Dress Doctor,The

6 Dress Doctor,The Reviews

I'm very excited to be working with Marla. She's turning my mom's wedding dress from the 70's into a cocktail dress for my rehearsal dinner and also doing general alterations on my wedding dress. Marla explains what she's doing, is reasonably priced, and really listens to what i want.

Laura · Married on 03/24/2012

First of all, Marla is very responsive. When I first phoned her, she was out of town, but she still phoned me very soon after! She's also very flexible yet precise about making and keeping her appointments. She is direct yet friendly; she knows what needs to be done, but is also very concerned with what you want, if there is an option. She's professional and thorough, taking extra care (an extra fitting in between alterations) with one of our dresses to be absolutely sure before cutting fabric. And after, she makes sure it's perfect and you are happy! I was very pleased with the quality of our alterations.

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2011

Marla did a beautiful job on my wedding gown alterations! My first meeting with Marla was a consultation where we talked about what kind of work I was looking for and she gave suggestions on what needed to be done and explained her ideas for accomplishing everything. She was very upfront about pricing from the beginning, and stuck to what she quoted me even when she realized later that something we had discussed took a lot more time than what she had originally expected. My mom and sister also used Marla for their dress alterations and both mentioned how they have never met such a knowledgeable seamstress. The bottom line is that Marla is REALLY good at what she does! She was very easy to work with, listened very carefully to what I wanted, and I could tell takes so much pride in her work. I had doubts about my wedding gown before taking it in for alterations, but once I was able to see the finished result and put on my dress I was absolutely in love with it again. Since her work is in such demand she keeps pretty busy but always managed to fit me in for an appointment (which wasn't always easy since I live out of town). I highly recommend Marla (The Dress Doctor) for any type of alterations that are important to you - she's really the best!

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/28/2011

Marla knows everything!! Marla took my dress that i bought off the "floor" at a local wedding dress store and made it mine! It looked like it was made for me! She did a perfect job!!

Cindy · Married on 04/06/2014

Marla was amazing, I was lucky enough to visit her at her studio in Las Vegas. I had bustles put into my dress, I had a extravagant train that was very heavy. Marla was able to make my dress functional and still look great. Marla has a great personality, that puts you at ease. It was a joy to work with her.

Shani · Married on 06/07/2014

4.2
      3.5

Marla did a great job on my wedding gown. She did exactly what I asked for a gave me proper advice on things to do for alterations. She works out of her home, which was fine just not in the best location. She seemed to have quite a few personal issues going on at the time so at times it was hard fitting a time to schedule with her but we worked it out. I thought she was a little pricey but since she did a great job I don't mind.