57 Reviews for Catholics without a Church

Civil Union (1)
Vow Renewal (1)
Bilingual (1)
Baptist (1)

When we picked a wedding venue that was a Chapel/Ballroom all in one location, my parents were a bit concerned that we weren't getting married in the Church. Our sweet coordinator at the venue referred us to Catholics without a Church, and I can't thank them enough! I love what Catholics without a Church stands for, and Father Tony has been so fun, kind, and helpful. He met with us in person before our wedding, gave us some premarital workbooks (which my now husband and I actually really enjoyed doing together!), and he made putting together our wedding ceremony very easy. Catholics without a Church allowed us to fully customize our wedding and really make it ours. Father Tony provided great guidance, both for the ceremony and our marriage, and he has been a great comfort with the pre-wedding jitters. I hope we will continue to keep in touch with him as we grow in our marriage, and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking an officiant who will meaningfully add to the ceremony.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/9/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Father Tony was incredible!!! He was so helpful and accommodating from start to finish, everyone loved him during the ceremony!! HE made our ceremony unique and special just for us!!

Profile Picture Jeni, 3/3/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Father Tony was such a pleasure to work with. He made things easy for us to plan the ceremony and perform the ceremony. He was always reachable and very communicative. We loved how he brought his humor into the ceremony and it just helped us to be more at ease. All our guests loved him as well. Both our families loved the catholic ceremony, it was simply beautiful. Thank you Father Tony!!

Profile Picture Marianne , 2/23/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion, Catholic, Customized Vows, Licensed

We wanted a Christian ceremony, but lived outside of Texas. Many Christian officiants required classes that we couldn't afford to travel for or church membership requirements. How were we supposed to do that from across the country??? Father Tony from Catholics Without of Church was a lifesaver! We had great counseling over Skype and we went over the ceremony and had tons of input! They are a great organization and I hope to see them continue to support couples.

Profile Picture Ron, 1/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Catholic, Customized Vows, Bilingual, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

My husband and I are both catholic but we didn’t want to get married in a church. Then BAM! We found Catholics without a church. I didn’t know what it was at first but it’s a real thing! Father Tony was awesome to say the least. He’s located in the Dallas area. He was very prompt on answering us and was very flexible. I really felt like he connected with me and my husband. 10/10 I would recommend father Tony!!

Profile Picture Jordan, 11/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Haven't had our wedding yet, but if it's anything like the prep we've very excited! I will update the review after our wedding, but thus far, Father Claire has been so helpful and informative! He answers us promptly when we call or update and he's made the process every easy to understand and he's very flexible with our request!

*Updated 12/12/16*
I have to gush about Father Claire! We never actually got to meet before the wedding but it was amazing! He was always available by phone call or email! He was super flexible and easy going! He understood our requests and what did and didn't want! The ceremony was prefect! I'm so glad I was able to find a Catholic priest that was so accommodating! This was our "trial run" wedding it was super small and family only. Our big wedding will be next year! I'm definitely calling Father Claire to marry us again!

Profile Picture Cimonnett, 12/10/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Catholic, Customized Vows, Licensed

Let me start by saying that finding someone to marry us (me being non denom and my husband catholic) was a very difficult process and more-so because I was adamant about joining the catholic religion strictly for marriage. Catholics without a church was literally a Godsend and found out about them 1 month before our wedding. We were blessed beyond words to have been matched together with Father Tony O'Donovan. From the very start, he was professional, accommodating, and also very REAL. He made us feel comfortable from the very start and we walked away from our first meeting feeling that "we found the right guy!" And we were right. The day of our wedding, he helped us plan the ceremony of our dreams. He made sure to let us know time and time again that the ceremony was about us and we could design it however it fit us. The wedding guests loved him as we did and he even helped lighten up the mood a little bit with just the right amount of humor. We are forever grateful to him and know that in him we have a forever friend, counselor, and spiritual companion. Thank you Father Tony for everything!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

Archbishop Ben Williams Was a perfect match for us. He was focused on giving us the perfect wedding day.
He was so nice, helpful and caring. He even helped out on setup of the venue. Yes I would recommend him to any one who needs a Catholic priest.

Profile Picture Eunice, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The short version: Very pleased with the services provided by Catholic’s without a Church. Father James Claire is who you want as your wedding officiant, he is truly a pleasure to be around and will make your wedding unforgettable.

The longer version: Father James played such an important role in making my wedding a perfect day. It all started during my rehearsal the day prior to the wedding, when I had no idea what was supposed to be happening and he just took charge of everything. Is important to note, he arrived an hour earlier that day to familiarize himself with the venue and the coordinators - he truly cared!

Father James' cool yet professional and humbling demeanor made the ceremony one to remember. The day of the wedding he was early, and spoke with enthusiasm, and even made some guests laugh. He again of course arrive before schedule and the ceremony was smooth and seamless. During the planning phase, he was responsive, flexible, accommodating and patient on waiting for our responses (which were typically delayed) and just easy to work with overall. We recommend Father James with no hesitation. Which circles back to the short version: Father James Claire is who you want as your wedding officiant, he is truly a pleasure to be around and will make your wedding unforgettable.

Profile Picture Julia, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Baptist, Catholic, Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

Father Milton is HILARIOUS! Everyone said that he was the funniest officiant they have ever met! He was able to really bring a fun and loving vibe to our outdoor ceremony without losing any intimacy. He was perfect and did everything that we asked (and was accommodating when we decided to write our own vows at the last minute)

Profile Picture Cristina, 1/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Milton did a very good job at our wedding. We thank you for joining us...It was a very good day,.

Profile Picture Ruby, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Milton was our lifesaver in regards to our wedding. He was completely flexible, understanding, respectful of various culture tradition, and kept true the Catholic wedding traditions. I was up day and night figuring out what to do as I was Catholic and my wife was Buddhist this we made it work for our wedding. We will be forever grateful as he patient and was a great mentor every step of the way. Thank you and the wonderful services this church does for people like us!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5609079, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved Father Milton! Our service turned out beautifully and he was very easy to work with. He was the perfect way to bring a church wedding to our venue.

Profile Picture User4546882, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Milton was awesome! They can do ceremonies that combine two cultures/religions or standard Catholic ceremonies. We needed a Catholic ceremony but outside, instead of in a church. Father Milton met with us before the wedding and offered us some simple good advice and what to expect of him on the big day.

During our ceremony, he was hilarious, caring, and charming. There are many pictures of us cracking up laughing. I would highly recommend this organization to anyone. Just made our day wonderful. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

After changing our ceremony venue mid-planning, we were without an officiant - then in came Father Milton to save the day. His kind, direct and no-nonsense approach to the ceremony was exactly what we were looking for. Having both been raised Catholic, but now attending Baptist church (and having family that were both at our ceremony), we wanted to have someone who could merry the two together for a to crate a uniquely loving, and religious ceremony. The Church offers many different styles of ceremonies for every religious view. We were able to customize our entire ceremony to exactly what we wanted. From our opening prayer, to the readings and our vows, Father Milton helped us every step of the way. His knowledge of the best venues around town (especially those with time constraints like ours) is amazing. He kept our ceremony right on track, even humorous at times which we absolutely loved. I would absolutely recommend his services to anyone looking to exchange vows for the first time or even renew vows. He was truly a blessing to have on our unforgettable day. Thank you Father Milton!!!

Profile Picture Tracey, 6/22/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Milton did a fantastic job. Quite a few of our guests after the ceremony told us that he was amazing and I have to agree. He made us laugh, smile, and truly helped make our wedding ceremony perfect for us. As I grew up Catholic and my fiance did not, it was a good happy medium to make sure the ceremony was "US".

Profile Picture TexasGal, 5/11/13, 13 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Our officiant was Father Milton and he was very professional and mailed our marriage certificate promptly.

Profile Picture User2581620, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I worked with Father Milton from Catholics Without a Church, and it was a pleasure to do so. Father Milton was wonderful to meet with for our consultation, and he kept our ceremony simple and relaxed, just how we wanted. Father Milton made our ceremony very special, memorable and fun. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking to have a wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Paola, 3/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

A friend recommended Catholics Without a Church and specifically Father Milton to me. My husband was raised Catholic but we had two ceremonies and it was going to be difficult to get all our guests to go to a Catholic church and then move to another venue for an additional ceremony.

Father Milton is the best! They can do ceremonies that combine two cultures/religions or standard Catholic ceremonies. Father Milton met with us before the wedding and offered us some simple good advice that I have passed on to friends as they are getting married!

During our ceremony, he was funny, caring, and charming. I would highly recommend this organization to anyone! Just made our day wonderful! Thank you so much for everything!

Profile Picture Monti, 3/24/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Absolutely would recommend the White Robed Monks to officiate any wedding! I am Catholic and my fiancé is not so finding a middle ground was important. We both wanted an outdoor wedding and we couldn't have a Catholic priest officiate for us. Catholics Without a Church was extremely accommodating with our wishes and the fact that my fiancé is not Catholic was never a problem. We had Bishop Patrick officiate our wedding and it was fantastic!! Everything went smoothly and we were extremely happy how our wedding turned out.

Profile Picture Alexandra , 3/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We enjoyed having the tradition and style of a Catholic wedding without having to go through all of the processes required by the Roman Catholic Church. Fr. Milton offered us several different types of ceremonies - from traditional Marraige Rite to very non-traditional. We were able to tailor the ceremony for our specific wants and needs. We've received several compliments from our guests about Fr. Milton's presentation and personality. He was very personable and fun!

Profile Picture Erin , 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Fr. Milton really put us at ease about the ceremony and was able to work us into his schedule on very short notice. He was very professional and the ceremony was exactly what we asked for. i would recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Angie, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Father Milton was amazing. He was flexible with the kind of service we wanted. Happily included some unorthodox additions to the ceremony seamlessly and was a calming presense through out the whole planning period for this nervous bride! He was very responsive to emails and in person meetings. He provided the perfect level of humor to the ceremony to keep the attendees engaged while still focused on the purpose of the ceremony, getting married! It was clear from the first contact with Father Milton that he was focused on one thing, giving us the perfect wedding ceremony tailored just for us. I cannot recommend Father Milton or the White Robed Monks of St. Benedict enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/23/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Father Milton did a great job. If you want someone 100% by the book, then don’t look to Father Milton. He has his own flair and ways of performing a ceremony, which was fine for us because we are both pretty open people. My only complaint is that I wish he had informed us a bit more at the rehearsal dinner. He told us he would be telling us what to do and when at the ceremony, but I think everything could have been more fluid if we had spent five minutes explaining the little details such as which side of the unity candle the bride/groom stand at, what to do when we blow out the candles, etc.

However he officiated the ceremony wonderfully, added a little tid-bit that we wanted in there and was more than willing to modify his ceremony for our needs. Also he is employed by donations, so he doesn’t have a set price for his services which was great for two college kids on a budget. We were given the option to pay him based on what we felt his services were worth, not some weird set price.

Profile Picture Patricia, 2/20/11, 4 Reviews