Dream Productions Reviews

70 | Grand Rapids, MI

70 Reviews for Dream Productions

Khaila · Married on 05/30/2009

John from Dream Productions was by far our favorite vendor. He was extremely helpful and organized throughout the entire reception and had our dance floor packed all night. His prices are also very reasonable, you will not be disappointed if you use him.

Sent on 06/23/2009

DJ John is seriously the best DJ out there!! He is so fun, plays the best music, and is professional and easy to work with! He was the DJ for my sister's wedding and my friend's wedding and they were both a blast!! He can get ANYONE on the dance floor and knows just when to keep things rockin' or slow it down a bit. You will not be disappointed by hiring him - he will have your guests dancing the night away and make your reception a night to remember! We love DJ John!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Amazing! Fantastic music, danced all night had a BLAST!! Would highly recommend

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Drenttobe

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

So far DJ Nikko has been wonderful! Our wedding date is this August and I can't wait for our DJ experience! We will have dance on a cloud, a custom monogram, uplighting, and a custom dj track list. I can't wait for our big day and dreamproductions has been wonderful!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Christina · Married on 06/16/2012

Absolutely PERFECT for our wedding!! I've had bad luck with DJ's in the passed so I was very concerned that I would get burned again -- NOPE!! Dream Productions did an amazing job for us :) We had DJ Lesley, and she kept people on the dance floor all night. I loved that we had the meetings before the wedding that allowed us to get a feel for Lesley and her personality, as well as she get a feel for us. Heck, she was even out on the dance floor helping teach us some of the group moves! She was very interactive, was great with requests (whether "please yes" or "definitely no"), and our guests all loved her :) Dream Productions as a whole was great to work with. They were very responsive, very organized, and absolutely affordable!! I couldn't believe all we got with our package!! I will absolutely contact Dream Productions again next time I need a DJ :)

Sent on 02/18/2016

Theresa · Married on 05/12/2012

We really liked Stacey, our guests all commented that she did a great job. She was very friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/01/2012
  • September 4th Bride to be

Clarissa · Married on 09/04/2011

They were great to work with provided us music for both our ceremony and reception. He worked well with all of our other vendors, even our bag piper. Made sure to keep up with our last minute changes, even right up to introduction time for the reception. He had worked previously in both of our venues and helped to make our special day go seamlessly. He went that extra mile to give us a cd with all of our special dance songs.

Sent on 09/19/2011
  • User4804903 · Recently married

John at Dream Productions did a great job at our wedding. He kept everything on schedule, and made things run smoothly. He miked us during the ceremony and besides one loud screech everything went okay. He played a variety of songs and made sure that we were happy with everything. His prices are really good too.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

John was amazing to work with! We found him online through his many great reviews and after meeting him we understood why. He is very knowledgable about DJing and how to keep people on the dance floor. Our dance floor was full all night long! He played all the songs we wanted to hear and was great about taking requests. He was very reasonable in cost considering the quality of service and the special touches with lighting, etc. Would recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Shane was awesome! He was the perfect DJ - very professional and attentive to our wishes. He met with us twice beforehand, paid careful attention to what we wanted and what we didn't want and didn't deviate from that at all. He ran the reception perfectly and he had the dance floor packed the entire night. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Dream Productions in general was very good to work with too. They were flexible, had helpful suggestions, were willing to personalize the experience, and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with how the night would go. Their lighting was awesome too!

Sent on 02/11/2014

I found this vendor at a wedding show and I am very thankful I picked them. A lot of DJ services come off as cheesy, over confident or out of touch with current music. John and his team were friendly and helpful. His pricing was outstanding and included uplighting, a copy of the ceremony and reception music on disc which were added bonuses. There were a few glitches with my ceremony song and the dollar dance we had requested never happened. I think some of our older relatives were looking forward to that so that was a bit of a bummer but we honestly didn't even realize it until after the reception was over. Very minor things and over all a great experience with great music.

Sent on 07/04/2013

3.5

Dream Productions did an excellent job for our wedding and we would definitely work with them again! DJ Shane was great and so easy to work with. He was very thorough and played all of our songs as requested and kept the party on track. We received numerous compliments on our DJ and were very happy with our choice.

Sent on 09/08/2016

We had DJ Dan. We would highly recommend Dream Productions and DJ Dan. He made our entrance very exciting! We knew most of our guests didn't dance, groom included, but he got us out on the dance floor and made it an amazing night. We had a slow dance as our last song and DJ Dan decided that he couldn't end it on that and played a fast cool song that everyone, and I mean everyone, who was left at the end of the night was dancing. He ended our night in the best way!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Kristen · Married on 12/12/2015

100 stars!! DJ Stacey is amazing - our guests are still talking about how awesome our DJ was! Not a single complaint. She made our day!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2013

3.5

Stacey did a GREAT job keeping the party going at our wedding! When I first told my family and friends that we booked a female DJ a lot of people were surprised and somewhat concerned, but after seeing what an AMAZING job she did they were thrilled we chose her! My husband and I loved meeting with her prior to the wedding, and felt confidently that she would do a wonderful job. Plus, they are very affordable! The only aspect of Dream Productions that I did not enjoy was emailing through others to get to my DJ. I would have preferred if they offered separate email addresses. Keep up the great work Stacey!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Emily · Married on 08/29/2009

John was great to work with throughout the wedding planning process. He was flexible with us the night of our reception as we made some last minute changes with the timeline of events but he kept people on the dancefloor and made sure everyone was having a good time. I had nothing but compliments about his services and his prices are very reasonable. I will recommend Dream Productions to other friends.

Sent on 09/03/2009

katelyn · Married on 06/09/2018

2.5

We had John and he did a great job. I thought the price was more than fair. I will say the email response is slow so If that will make you anxious just be prepared. Overall I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 06/23/2018

3.0

DJ Stacey is great, getting enough information from the owner/manager proved to be rather difficult though.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Heather · Married on 05/24/2013

3.0
      2.5

John was our DJ. He was such a nice guy I feel bad writing this review, but I was not happy with our wedding music. They did a great job with the ceremony music although we had two people that did readings during our wedding and you could not hear them very well, but it was OK. During the reception the music lagged a lot. Sometimes there was NO music. Just everyone staring at one another. I often looked over at the DJ area and he wasn't even there! He also threw all of his gear and bags on the floor right by the dance floor so I have them in all my pictures and videos of the first dance, ect. The thing that irritated me the most was that during the consultation I was very specific that there was to be no rap or hip hop music. Well, immediately during the dancing he started in with songs with rap (and dirty lyrics like all rap songs have). Most of our guests were older - none of them danced due to the music choices and as soon as the rap went on there was a mass exodus of guests who went home and the reception ended early - how horrible. We did get a CD of our music at the end of the night with a bunch of songs that I had requested...they were not played though. About a month later we got a recording of our ceremony which was nice to listen to. I guess I should of had my husband say something about the rap, but weddings are so stressful and we didn't really think about it at the time. I was really disappointed about the whole thing and this was by far my least favorite vendor.

Sent on 07/04/2013

Ava · Married on 01/01/2016

0.0

We used Dream Productions for our January 1, 2016 wedding. Shane was pleasant to work with prior to the wedding and reception, but screwed up so badly on the night of our event that I truly regret having picked this company to work with. When I expressed my frustrations and concerns to John the following Monday, I was told that I could be given $200 to not post negative reviews and keep my mouth shut. I obviously didn't take the money. Shane managed to lose the microphone and keep my bridal party waiting for their introductions for almost an hour. The speakers screeched and people covered their ears multiple times. No one knew when the cake was being cut because Shane's announcements could not be heard. The fog machine that was supposed to be used for my first dance didn't work and it took the entire event for it to get fixed. My husband and I were only able to use it at the end of the night, after everyone had left. This was a terrible experience and I wouldn't reccomend hiring these people. They will say what you want to hear then treat you like dirt.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Dream Productions's reply:

Dream productions has been a family run business for over 10 years. We pride ourselves in what we do. Our staff feels the same. As this shows in our work. We take pride in customizing events. Unfortunately people who decide to take advantage of good people are out there. We can only do our best to give these individuals the same care as any of our other clients. We wish all the best to the couples we have had in the years.

God Bless