Dream Makers NY Reviews

59 | Bayside, NY

59 Reviews for Dream Makers NY

1 User photo

Amber · Married on 05/22/2016

Tara is amazing! She helped me and my now-husband create the wedding of our dreams. We had already done a significant amount of planning (all the planning was done 50/50, yay for equality in relationships!) before contacting her, including booking vendors, deciding on decorations/theme, etc, and just needed someone to handle the nitty-gritty stuff on the day of. She was fantastic! She never tried to up-sell me on anything and went way above and beyond. She was familiar with our venue (The W Loft), and was quick to point out things that we wouldn't have thought of without her given her knowledge of the venue's quirks even before we booked her. The weeks leading up to the wedding, she was responsive, respectful, professional, and so helpful -- providing suggestions for additional help we may need, help with creating timeline, sending me deals she found online, all that stuff. After our first official meeting at our venue, I felt confident trusting her with our vision of our wedding. On the day of the wedding (which was such a blissful blur!), she was there early to set up the furniture and decor. Everything was set up perfectly! My husband (who was also helping to set up in the morning) says that he saw Tara handle every detail like a boss, and comments fondly about how her assistant painstakingly arranged flowers in our lanterns and how they tied the twine around our programs *just so*. She managed our parents and us (along with our nerves! haha) without any issues, and then stayed later than she needed to in order to help coordinate the clean-up. I can not say enough wonderful things about Tara and her assistant. We could not have gotten through this hectic process without her! Which is why she is the first person I'm reviewing on all of the sites I'm going to.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Just used Dream Makers for computer calligraphy for our wedding invitations. It was a beautiful touch, service was super fast, and the price was very reasonable! So glad we came across this vendor! Will definitely consider using them for other things (place cards, card box) as it gets closer to the big day!!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Lawrence F. · Married on 09/09/2020

Great Day-Of-Coordinator

We hired Dream Makers for our day-of-coordinator. Raquel and Tara were incredible helpful and always available if we needed anything. The day of, they ensured the entire event went smoothly.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 10/11/2019

Insurance for your wedding day

It's relatively obvious that you need a wedding planner / coordinator if you're getting married in a raw space. But when we booked our wedding at a venue that hosts events daily (i.e., the Central Park Boathouse), we questioned whether we needed any additional help, particularly because we're both organized and had wedding planning under control. Then I heard about the concept of a Day of Coordinator and knew that was exactly what we needed. You 100% do NOT want to be the point of contact for anyone or anything on your own wedding day, and you do NOT want to be the one solving any issues as they arrive (which they will).

Yeah, you could lean on friends or family for help, but do you really want your best friend sitting on the floor arranging flip flops in a basket on your wedding day or your parents helping break down decorations and collect personal items at the end of the night? No! Everybody should be enjoying themselves rather than worrying about tasks they've been assigned!

We spoke to a few different vendors for DOC services and chose Dream Makers as they were direct, their services were clear, there was no BS, and their pricing was very fair. And we are so thankful we did. From the moment we met her, Raquel was so professional, and we knew she'd have everything entirely under control. She acted as a great sounding board in those few weeks leading up to the wedding, flagging logistical details that we hadn't yet thought about. And on the wedding day, she took care of EVERYTHING. When I realized I'd left my veil at the hotel right before the ceremony, Raquel took care of it and before I knew it, my veil had been fetched from across the city. When my bridesmaid's dress strap broke right before she was set to walk down the aisle, Raquel handled it. I truly did not need to think about anything other than enjoying myself on the day. Think of a DOC as insurance for your wedding. It's 100% worth it, and we highly recommend Dream Makers.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Faluf

Alison · Married on 11/12/2017

Tara was a total professional and I think she could coordinate a wedding with her eyes closed! By the time I arrived at the venue, everything was set and ready to go, which was a huge weight off my shoulders. It was a total relief having someone like her around to make sure everything was running smoothly.

The only reason I took one star was because some of the items weren't set according to the layout I had provided her. Not a huge deal in the end, and no guest would have had any clue, but I noticed (and it was kinda too late to make any adjustments at that point, so I told her it was fine)... She also left early, which was unexpected. Her assistant did stay, so we weren't left totally without support, but it caught me off guard to hear she had left.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Dream Makers NY's reply:

Thank you for your reveiw and it was our pleasure. I apologize if you wanted something changed for set up, but I walked you around the space to show you where we had to set up things to be visible to guests and to fit in the space. For most of your event there were 3 “dream Makers” staff on site at no additional cost. I only left 1 hour prior to the end of the event when there was only dancing left and no other key moments to coordinate but left you with my partner who was more than able to handle the last hour. I did not want to interrupt you dancing and having a great time :)
    We are so happy that everything went smoothly and wish you the best of luck! Thank you for choosing Dream Makers to be part of your special day.

Katharine · Married on 04/08/2017

I hired Tara as my day of coordinator for my spring wedding at the Green Building in Brooklyn, and it was one one the best decisions I made. From our first meeting I could tell she was organized, experienced and professional. In other words, a dream to work with. The wedding day went off flawlessly thanks to her.

Her detailed spreadsheets helped keep me organized, and I was glad to hear she had worked with many of our vendors already. She also made great recommendations about things we hadn't thought of. And she listened to all my concerns and last minute emergencies, and made sure it wasn't a problem on the big day.

It's hard to relinquish control when planning such a big event, but I felt fully confident doing so with Tara. The venue looked amazing and the schedule stayed right on track. My wedding was perfect, and I have Tara to thank for making sure all the moving pieces went off without a hitch. I couldn't recommend hiring her enough.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Brenda M. · Married on 06/15/2019

Raquel will have your back!

We hired Raquel at Dream Makers as our day of coordinator and had a great experience. She met with us at the venue for the first time and was totally on point. To be honest, that meeting was a real wake-up call. There were so many things she asked about that we hadn't even considered. She shared a check list with us that got us super organized.

On the day of the event she was a machine. There's really only so much you can do to prepare for an event like that, and on the day of, the last thing you want is to start freaking out because of some tiny thing that didn't go exactly as it was supposed to. Raquel handled everything seamlessly. And frankly, if there were any big mishaps, we had no idea. She had it covered!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Amy · Married on 10/01/2017

It was very easy woking with Tara! She really knows her stuff and we had total confidence in her to help build our raw space up at our outdoor wedding. Everything ran very smoothly and we had a great time! She is very prompt and on the ball. It's nice you can do various packages -- ideal for someone/a couple who have already done a lot of planning going into the wedding

Sent on 10/22/2017

1.0
      1.0
      2.0

We don't recommend

We unfortunately can’t recommend using Dream Makers.

We had to postpone and then cancel our wedding because of the pandemic. All of our other vendors were amazing in how supportive and understanding they were in helping us through this difficult time, but we didn’t really feel the same for Dream Makers.

Our communications during the pandemic made us feel like they didn’t really care about how this awful process was affecting us.

When we had to cancel our initial date, we thought it was in poor taste that they wanted to revise our contract, asking us for more money up front, even though they already had a 50% deposit and had done zero work on our wedding. Their reasoning was that they needed us to help keep their business afloat with really no regard for how the pandemic affected us.

When our second date, 6 months later again forced us to cancel, we knew we couldn’t go through the heartache of postponing another time. So we had to make the tough decision to cancel the wedding we’d worked so hard to plan and looked forward to for years.

Ironically our only vendor that actually had an Act of God clause in our contract was Dream Makers…

“If an act of God…shall cause you to cancel your wedding; we will require payment only for the time spent planning your wedding.”

Even though the deposit was non-refundable we were hoping since they hadn’t done any work on our wedding, they would return the deposit.

There were other issues that contributed to why we were disappointed, but If you're planning the biggest day of your life, you want to know that the people responsible for taking care of you, care about you, but we just never felt like Dream Makers cared about us.

Sent on 03/02/2021