Dream Makers NY Reviews

59 | Bayside, NY

59 Reviews for Dream Makers NY

1 User photo

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2017

Tara is amazing! Personally and professionally, I am so glad to have worked with Tara for my wedding! Tara was reliable, helpful, thorough and considerate leading up to my wedding and on my actual wedding day. I would 100% recommend Tara in a heartbeat. Her experience and her beautiful personality made working with her lovely. During such a stressful time, you want someone that is there to help you and make sure you have a great day, Tara made that happen for me, and she will for you!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Christina · Married on 10/14/2017

I highly recommend working with Tara of Dream Makers – if you’re looking for a true expert in the industry who can offer candid advice and guidance, all while letting you design the wedding of your dreams – look no further. Having Tara take the lead coordinating with all of our vendors during the weeks leading up to our wedding was extremely helpful and by our wedding day, I was confident that all of the details and logistics were handled, and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. As a testament to her great work, I can honestly say that my husband and I were able to enjoy every second of our October 2017 wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Erika · Married on 10/07/2017

Halfway through my planning I realized it was necessary to have a day-of-coordinator help execute all the items that were planned for the big day! I spoke with a few day-of-coordinators and ultimately chose to move forward with Dream Makers due to Tara's expertise. She clearly knew what she was doing and offered a competitive price for her services as well. I knew moving forward with her that I was going to be in good hands!

Her assistant, Jordyn, and her really helped the entire day run smoothly. As soon as I showed up to get my hair and makeup done, Jordyn showed up and was there to help assist all other vendors get ready. I honestly couldn't imagine the day without him there to ensure everything was happening at the scheduled time I had listed on my timeline. In addition, both of them were very flexible and willing to work with last minute changes.

I'd highly recommend working with Tara and her team if you are planning most of your wedding and need a team to help things fall into place the day of! Because of them, my husband and I were able to have a blast at our own wedding and spend time with our family and friends rather than managing all the little things.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Tara and her associate were instrumental to our wedding day running smoothly. They were responsive leading up to the event and acted as the main point of contact on the day-of so my husband and I could focus on enjoying the day! I can't imagine having a DIY wedding without a coordinator to help and they were exactly what we needed! We felt confident having Tara take care of all the vendor details; including set-up, break-down and everything in between. She was super easy to work with and made sure the whole day went off without a hitch. We definitely recommend them - you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Tiffany · Married on 08/26/2017

Tara was incredibly responsive and available to answer all questions throughout the process (he laid back attitude also helped my anxiety!) Her and her team made the day go seamlessly and even help contest a charge from another vendor. Definitely a recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Chantal · Married on 07/02/2017

I used DreamMakers as my Day Of Coordination and it was one of the best decisions that I made! They were AMAZING! Always on time, super professional and caring! They pay attention to detail and really helped everything to run smoothly. I feel super lucky to have picked them would definitely recommend to any bride!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Mandy · Married on 05/20/2017

Tara and her team were excellent! They let me relax and not worry about one thing on the day of the wedding. They were extremely calm and collected and very organized with excel sheets. She was very quick to respond to all my emails and phone calls. She went beyond my expectations and made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Eva · Married on 05/06/2017

When we first met with Tara, it was clear that she’s just the kind of take-no-shit (but do it kindly) woman that comprised my bridal party, so adding another powerful woman to the mix as our day-of coordinator was a no-brainer.

Did I ever think I’d have a coordinator for my wedding? Absolutely not. I was a DIY bride, and don’t like the fussy nonsense of weddings. But 4 months before ours, our original venue (that came w/ included coordination on-site) closed. Quickly scrambling to find a place that was not booked on that same Saturday (so we could keep the full vendor team we had already assembled), we booked a restaurant buyout at Fornino in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The owner and his team are incredibly competent, and gave us the experience of a lifetime, but they’re not wedding planners. If we were going to have this harborside pizza dream fulfilled, we were going to need a set of eyes and ears for the wedding. After losing one venue, we needed an insurance policy.

Tara set up our entire venue mostly according to the detailed map I had prepared, coordinated our vendors, and took all of the DIY elements and turned them into the beautiful, expressive, personalized day I had dreamt of. She wrangled the personalities, the design elements, and the vendors, checked in with me only when she absolutely had to, and kept everyone accountable and honest. During the evening, my mom leaned in and told me what a tight ship Tara was running. And knowing my mom, who’d talked me down many a wedding planning ledge, could enjoy it and not worry meant EVERYTHING. At the end of the night she had packed up everything. We picked it all up from the venue the next day, and it was put away with care and respect - she had even stowed the copy of my dad’s speech in the corner of a box!

Tara’s work meant that my husband and I (and everyone I love) could enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Kim · Married on 04/29/2017

SO HAPPY!!! My husband and I are so happy that we worked with Tara and Dream Makers for our Wedding!! Tara and the other ladies at Dream Makers went above and beyond to make sure that our Wedding was everything we every hoped for and so much more. Neither of us were stressed out for even a second on our wedding day because we knew that Tara and the other ladies were taking care of everything!! We are so thankful!!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Julia · Married on 02/11/2017

Dream Makers was recommended to us by our photographers. We used them as our day of coordinators and hired them about a month before the wedding. It was the best decision we made! I never met Tara before the wedding due to the timing of when I hired her, but from day one she was on top of everything. I filled out spreadsheets to get all details set. We brought a lot of our own decorations in and her and her assistant Raquel made everything PERFECT. They set up all flowers, candles, and lanterns on top of getting guests in place and keeping with timeline. She was so on point with the timing and kept everything running so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Although the venue provided someone to help, Tara was absolutely necessary. I met her for the first day on my wedding and knew she was organized, tough and quick.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Morag · Married on 12/03/2016

A fabulous Day Of Wedding Co-ordinator!!
    Tara was a pleasure to work with and completely put our minds to rest that all would go smoothly on the big day. Nothing was too much trouble and Tara and her colleague Jordan were a pleasure to work with, and managed the day effortlessly.
    We live in London and had an intimate wedding at The Waldorf Astoria, NYC followed by a wedding dinner at Hakassan. Tara made sure all the large and small details were taken care of, and didn't miss a beat.
    We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Dream Makers.
    Andy and Morag (Chelsea, London)

Sent on 03/05/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Tara - I just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for your help in coordinating my October 1st wedding day. The day was truly magical and far exceeded my expectations. After months of meticulous planning, selecting vendors and worrying about the slightest of details, I was so happy to have you on board on the actual ‘day’ in order to orchestrate events and ensure the execution of my vision. I have to say, you did not disappoint. While you and your assistant oversaw the set-up of the ceremony and reception and coordinated with the band and florist, I was allowed to enjoy the morning getting ready with my bridesmaids and mother inside the bridal suite. At the ceremony, you helped to keep things on schedule while also providing guidance for our wedding party processional. Back at the reception, you worked with the band and staff at the Village Club to keep the evening flowing without missing any of the ‘special moments’, including the parent dances, the toasts (which you so kindly videotaped) and the cake cutting. At the end of the night, you discreetly ensured that all of our vendors received the proper tips, negotiated extra time with our photographer, and you even helped to coordinate an additional shuttle bus to make sure that all of our guests were taken home safely. To have somebody on board to take care of all these details and to actually be able to be a guest at my own wedding was a priceless experience! I cannot thank you enough for your professionalism, responsiveness, discretion and positive attitude…It was truly a pleasure working with you and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you to friends or family looking for help in coordinating their special day! Fondly, Nicole

Sent on 10/20/2016

Gloria · Married on 09/10/2016

I'm so glad that I hired Tara! I spoke with four different coordinators before deciding to hire Tara as my 'month of coordinator'. She didn't try to change my ideas or go above my budget which I really liked. She also knows The W Loft so well and knows what you need to do to hold a successful wedding at such a unique space. On the weekend of the wedding, she and her assistant were both very calm under pressure and extremely dependable. She ran the rehearsal the night before which made the wedding ceremony much less stressful and actually enjoyable! She also made sure that the whole wedding ceremony and reception went smoothly and according to plan by making sure that everyone (bride, groom, our bridal party, family) stayed on schedule.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Patrycja · Married on 09/02/2016

We had a very DIY wedding with many small details so I was a bit apprehensive in passing the torch to someone else, but I knew I would need help if I wanted to feel like a bride on our special day.. Tara and the Dream Makers team were awesome in making that a reality! Tara was always available and a great resource throughout the process. In such a stressful and hectic time, Tara's approachable disposition and 'can-do' attitude helped me hang-on to my sanity more than I can say. Handing over execution to Tara on the day of our wedding was seamless and I had every confidence in her handling all the remaining details as good, if not better, than I would have. During our event, Tara was great at taking the reins in working with our team of vendors (lots of moving parts) and putting out the inevitable fires that come up without alarming anyone, so that we and our guests could just enjoy the evening. Tara and her team were thorough, we were not left hanging, but Tara was very communicative and made sure everything was handled, start to finish, before she left. I can say, without a doubt, we were able to enjoy our day as much as we did because of Dream Makers..Tara is professional, warm, fun and just really great at what she does and you can tell she loves it - that enthusiasm is infectious! It was a pleasure collaborating with her and we highly recommend choosing her to work with for your next event - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Christy · Married on 08/20/2016

AMAZING - I don't know what we would have done without Tara and her team! When we first met Tara, we knew she was going to be a great help because she's very knowledgeable. Leading up to the wedding day, she would send us spreadsheets to keep everything in order and make sure that there are no additional questions on the big day. On the day of our wedding, we were ALL over the place but Tara and team were true lifesavers. I'm so glad we requested her for the whole day because they were honestly worth every penny (especially when their prices were so affordable!!). I highly recommend hiring Dream Makers as your coordinators!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Molly · Married on 11/14/2015

I chose Dreams Makers to do my day-of wedding coordination, and I am really glad I did! Tara was terrific and extremely professional. Our wedding day was a bit complicated, in terms of locations/logistics, and Tara helped the day come off seamlessly for all our guests - and for us! In
    addition, she decorated our reception with excellent taste and style and created custom menus, signs, programs, etc. that captured the classic, fun style of our wedding. I thought the value for the
    quality of the service we received was very good, and I agree with the reviewer below that flexibility
    and patience are also her strong suits :) Thanks, Tara!
    Molly C.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Vanessa · Married on 08/10/2014

Tara made the experience very easy and wonderful! I was amazed with her flexibility and patience meeting with us. She did such an amazing job and I loved my invitations!!! I highly recommend her services.
    - Vanessa Kelly

Sent on 01/06/2014

Rachel · event on: 12/07/2013

Tara has been a pleasure to work with on multiple occasions for invitations and calligraphy (20th Anniversary, Graduation, Bat Mitzvahs). Her eye for detail is impeccable. She’s friendly, practical, and works with you to keep to your budget and always looks for ways to save you money without losing quality. I highly recommend to all.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Adrienne · Married on 10/25/2013

Tara is the sweetest and most talented event planner. My wedding went smooth all because of her. Thank you Tara!!!!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Tara of Dream Makers really helped to make my wedding dreams a reality. From booking the venue to the day of our wedding, she was there to answer all of my questions and provided excellent advice and recommendations. She was especially helpful in assisting me to make final decisions as that is sometimes hard for me. We received so many compliments on our invitations and I still enjoy looking at our elegant invitation today. It was priceless to have someone there the day of the wedding to help me have piece of mind, plus it was quite affordable. I would reccommend giving Tara at Dream Makers a call to find out how she can help ease the pressure of planning your special day. The best part is she doesnt only do weddings so I plan to use her services for my sister's baby shower in the spring.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2012

Tara did my invitations, programs, place cards and menus for my wedding. She designed them for me and I was very happy with the way everything came out. She was very helpful accommodating to all my needs. I would definately recommend her to help make your big day perfect!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Katie · Married on 07/06/2012

Amazing service any bride would be pleased with!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Juliana · Married on 05/24/2012

Dream Makers are very professional and thorough. They do a beautiful job. They did our save the dates, wedding invitations and pamphlets for our wedding ceremony. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Tara at Dreammakers did our wedding invites, seating cards and ceremony programs. All of her recommendations were exactly what we were looking for and we got tons of compliments on all. She was willing to work around our busy schedules to meet us and was very professional. We highly recommend using Dreammakers!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Rosella · Married on 07/13/2007

Always professional, best quality invitations, had a great experience

Sent on 12/07/2013