Dream House Production Reviews

34 | Chicago, IL

34 Reviews for Dream House Production

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2017

Ruki and his team at Dream House Productions made our wedding the best dance party we could have ever imagined. His ability to not only read the crowd but to guide the flow of the entire reception was of the highest caliber. The key to a great party is great entertainment and that is exactly what Dream House Productions gave us. From beginning to end, the dance floor was packed and at the end of the night everyone was talking about how great my DJ was! Ruki really takes the time to do the work, gets to know you as a couple, really listens to what you are looking for in your party, and then makes it happen. We couldn’t recommend Dream House Productions more for your DJ services. 10 out of 5 stars!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Clancy · Married on 09/09/2017

He was extremely professional, easy to work with, and genuinely a nice guy to talk to. We had people dancing all night long and commenting on how much fun they were having. The part I liked most, was his ability to run the show and keep everything on schedule so we didn't have to worry about a thing. We have already shared DJ Ruki's information with everyone we know getting married.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Alice · Married on 09/02/2017

We absolutely loved working with Ruki and the DHP team!

We hired them to DJ 2 days of events for our fusion, multi-cultural Indian and Chinese wedding (Indian ceremony and dancing, Chinese reception) with Western elements, and they executed awesomely!

I have so many good things to say, it won't even all fit in this text box! Haha. Full review here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/dream-house-production-chicago?hrid=ilgSDY4vtXAXOLfGfQtnHg

In addition to being very personable, kind, and energetic, here are a few highlights that set them above and beyond:

- Attentiveness
    - Efficiency/quickness
    - Cultural competence
    - Ability to work well on the fly
    - Easy to use portal

Also, shout out to Vaughn Goy! When Ruki had a family emergency on the first night, Vaughn seamlessly stepped in and was able to hold down fort. A huge testimony to his talent and ability to read the crowd is that the DANCE FLOOR WAS FULL THE ENTIRE NIGHT from the time it opened!! It started to rain (cue the Alanis Morissette) part way through the dance reception and the power went out, but he was able to handle that "mini crisis" calmly and efficiently, so that the party could continue on. And thank you for the suggestion for the last song (good choice on the Third Eye Blind), and for playing an encore song! We and the guests made a big dance circle, and sang our hearts out to Bohemian Rhapsody. It was one of my favorite memories from our dance reception!

Overall, we may have not been the easiest clients to work with due to all our time delays, but Ruki and his team handled it all so patiently and professionally. More than 1+ month after, we are still getting compliments on how great the DJ/music was, and how much fun everyone had. Thank you, Ruki, Vaughn, and Dream House Productions! Could not imagine entrusting anyone else with the music on our big day. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Ambreen · Married on 08/25/2017

We selected Ruki as our Wedding DJ, he was very professional, just a text/phone call away. He worked with us for our song selection and literally had our back throughout our events. We were looking for someone who was able to cater to both South Asian and American Weddings, Ruki did a great job of this. He was able to feel out the crowd and play the appropriate music to keep people on the dance floor. I am very happy that we chose him to be our DJ, he also worked with us with our budget. All our guests were happy and enjoyed themselves the whole night.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Matt · Married on 08/19/2017

We used Dream House Production for our wedding in Fontana, Wi at The Abbey. They were flexible & took our vision & made it a reality. Music was an important part of our wedding & our guests were thrilled with the flow throughout the night! Very professional & fun people to work with.

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Jamie S.

Jamie · Married on 05/13/2017

Ruki was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding day! From the day we met him, we could tell that Ruki’s electrifying personality and pure professionalism were exactly what we hoped for in a wedding DJ. But that said, Ruki isn’t just a DJ: he’s a sound tech, lighting extraordinaire, and mashup machine! We loved the online tool for our music selections and timeline. He kept us organized, on scheduled, and even coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure our day ran smoothly - Ruki was there with us from 10am (and earlier to set-up) until midnight. He coordinated with our dhol player for the Baraat music, arranged sound for both of our ceremonies, and of course rocked a dance party reception. He designed a beautiful uplight set-up and dance floor lighting to really make our decor pop. When it came time for dancing, our guests couldn’t stop raving about how awesome the party was! We didn’t leave the dance floor all night. He went above and beyond, and I hope we can have another party someday just so Ruki can bring the house down again!

Sent on 05/22/2017

I worked with Ruki Doke who did a wonderful job! Made my reception just perfect. He had almost everyone on the dance floor the entire night - including our parents! Music was great and he adjusted it for the crowd.
    was also very professional, has an easy website to log in your information. would highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Erienne · Married on 02/22/2014

I've used DJ Ruki for fundraisers and multiple weddings including my own. I've recommended him to both friends and family who have all had the same awesome experiences I have had. His talent as a DJ is unrivaled! Take one look at his resume and you know he will make your next event a party.
    When couples look for DJ's for their wedding one thing that is overlooked is professionalism and microphone presence. How many weddings have you been to and the DJ thinks it's amateur comedy hour or that the guests are there for him/her? Ruki is extremely classy and professional. He is rock-solid on the microphone with announcements and most importantly making sure all the reception activities (wedding party, intro, cake cutting, speeches, dances) run smoothly, orderly and efficiently. Preparation for these activities often falls through the cracks, but not with Ruki. When we met with him he had all the right questions for us that we never would have thought of and consequently he gave us the right answers too! He made it so we didn't have to think or worry about any of the reception activities. There's no doubt Ruki will make your next event a great time and I cannot speak highly enough about his professionalism for weddings or other formal affairs...it's invaluable! - Joe K

Sent on 10/09/2014

Annie · Married on 09/07/2013

Short Story: Hire Ruki, chat with him once, and then relax knowing he will create exactly the wedding you hope for. Working with him was an unbelievable experience; he was unlike any other wedding DJ. In fact, I wouldn't describe him as a wedding DJ, but rather a top-notch club DJ whose sampling and mixing skills far exceed the wedding industry standard.

Long Story: In terms of crafting the kind of ambiance and experience that you dream of for your wedding day, a DJ is second only to the venue, (perhaps even more important than the venue). When selecting the vendors for our Sept 2013 wedding, my now-husband and I had only online review sites like yelp/theknot/weddingwire to make our decisions since we were planning the event from the East Coast. Needless to say, we were more than a little concerned that we had made the right selections.

Initially, we had booked a different DJ company, but decided to switch to Ruki at Dream House Productions after we realized that we were uncomfortable with the idea of working with a DJ company rather than an individual. These fears were compounded after we attended my brother's wedding earlier this year when the DJ that arrived managed to botch almost everything they had so carefully planned for.

Admittedly, I had a few miscommunications with Ruki in the days leading up to the wedding day and I was put on edge a few time, but I will say that every time I finally got in touch with Ruki on the phone, he put me at ease. I was reassured that he was a professional who would be capable of managing the situation on the day-of.

What I didn't realize was that on our wedding night, Ruki would blow it out of the water!

Ruki was PHENOMENAL. From the moment he showed up until the very last second, he understood exactly what we wanted and executed it with the highest degree of precision. He knew that because we were having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same location, that we would need to rely on the music to create

Sent on 09/15/2013