23 Reviews for Dream Events by Sonya

To-Do Lists (3)
Cultural (2)
Full Planning (1)
Partial Planning (1)

My husband I got married at the Drake Hotel on 8/4/18 and are so thankful we hired Sonya for our day-of planner! She is truly living out her passion - you can tell she loves what she does, because she dedicates so much time to making her events absolutely perfect! She was always very responsive to my constant questions, and gave me so much valuable advice. One thing I will always remember is my mehndi party. She brought a ton of decor (which was not part of her contract at all), and helped my mom and her friends decorate and plan the mehndi. It was perfect!! Do not hesitate hiring Sonya for any event you may have! Even though we only hired her for planning, from what I’ve seen of her decor skills, she excels at that too! Thanks Sonya, we already miss our daily communication!

Profile Picture Shifali , 8/4/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Cultural, Religious

My daughter hired Sonya for her wedding and it was one of the best decisions she made! Sonya is smart, professional, efficient, and a genuinely lovely person. Her knowledge, creativity, and tireless energy helped us through all problems that arose along the way. To have Sonya handle these "before" issues eliminated our wedding stress. And to have her handle the day of details made everything go smoothly. As mother of the bride, I had no worries - she was there from early morning until end of wedding, kept us on schedule (her very detailed schedule) and handled anything that arose. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SONYA for any event - she is absolutely amazing and because of her efforts, the wedding was fabulous for us!

Profile Picture Holly, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t know if we would’ve gotten through this wedding without Sonya.
Before we chose our venue, she was very helpful in suggesting places, researching alternatives and even drove my mother from the suburbs to help accommodate our busy schedules. She was always prompt and responsive.
We ended up booking Harold Washington Library. While it’s a beautiful venue, they have some restrictions for vendors and limitations on space and timing (the venue closes to public at 5pm and the wedding had to start at 6pm to get to dinner and dancing at a reasonable time) With a 1 hour time span you have to be very organized and efficient to get things done, which she did without a hitch.
She also helped us pick out our photographer and DJ, both of which we loved and have a separate reviews for as well (Thanks DJ Beatguru/Aumir and Christina G Photography)
When we were having issues with floral, Sonya stepped in big time, took charge and we couldn’t be happier with the end product.
We highly recommend her and she was instrumental in making the wedding day run flawlessly.

Profile Picture Rohit, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are deciding whether to hire Sonya or not, you NEED to hire her as your planner. She was our month of planner for our wedding and I cannot express in enough words how great she is. She was there for me and helped with anything that I needed. She came to my dress fitting and took care of our florist when there was a slight issue. I am so grateful to have had her, she helped de-stress me leading up to the wedding and helped make it absolutely perfect! My whole family and all my friends just kept saying "We need Sonya at our wedding!" I can't express enough how wonderful she was! You will not be disappointed, she really is the best!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I’ve never met someone with a greater vision or more creativity than this event planner! She’s hard working and completely dedicated to her clients and will always find a way to make her clients as satisfied and happy as possible, as long as it is in her power.

Profile Picture Jasmyne, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Sonya as our wedding day planner for our recent wedding at Salvage One and it was one of the best moves we made for our wedding. Initially, my wife and I were hesistant to hire a day of planner, but we are so grateful we did. Sonya was there from the moment we hired her to answer any questions we had, step in where needed, and helped us develop a gameplan for our wedding day. Looking back, this is something both my wife and I would have never been able to do as well as her. She also stepped in and did things you wouldn't expect from a day of planner. She helped my wife with scheduling and attending a dress fitting with a difficult tailor. She helped us collect leftover liquor from our wedding that she took with her at the end of the night, that we were later able to return in order to save money. She was there to answer any questions, and was extremely valuable the final weeks prior to the wedding, and even more so on the wedding day. Overall, our wedding day went off without a hitch, in large part due to Sonya's work!

Profile Picture Nitin, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Sonya was both our florist and day-of-coordinator and I simply can't say enough good things about her. She was so responsive, organized, friendly, well-connected, and easy to work with. She is everything you could want from a day-of-coordinator!! One month before our wedding, Sonya was on the clock as our coordinator - and it relieved so much stress. She made sure all of our vendors were on the same page when it came to the timeline, helped finalize all of the little details (that start to become really overwhelming), pointed out any areas where I was missing something, and answered all of my questions. She helped me with the seating chart, favors, and so much more. At the end of our wedding, friends of mine who were already married said they wished they'd had Sonya at their wedding!! I was able to enjoy the week leading up to my wedding, because I knew from meeting with Sonya and all of our conversations, that she had me 100% covered. Absolutely nothing slipped through the cracks!! And it's because of Sonya.

Again, the flowers and decor Sonya provided were also amazing. She worked within our budget and delivered the EXACT look we wanted. I almost started crying when I saw my bouquet because it was like she had taken the picture I'd given her and made it real. Everything was absolutely stunning. I wanted big full flowers that were ivory with pops of eucalyptus - and tons of candles and mercury vases throughout the reception space - she delivered exactly that. Actually, she far exceeded all of the expectations I had. She is an incredibly funny, smart, and an organized person. She was so easy to work with. I would recommend her without hesitation and if I need a planner for any events in the future, she will be the first person I call.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

My husband and I originally planned on getting a day of coordinator. However, as we slowly started booking our vendors (and going over budget), we decided we could handle everything on our own. Fast forward to a couple of months before the wedding and I was so stressed out I wasn’t even looking forward to the big day anymore! We decided to meet with Sonya and see what she had to offer. She got right down to business and was so helpful we immediately decided we needed to book her ASAP! After she left our initial consultation, I already felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! We paid her the deposit that evening and she jumped right in! She helped with decorations for my parent’s house and the church, she helped with music suggestions, and most important—she helped with the dreaded detailed timeline (just to name A FEW)! I cannot begin to explain how helpful, professional, honest, and fun Sonya was. She was truly a blessing in my time of need and allowed us to enjoy our special day that flew by way too quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend her for wedding planning services. She was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond any expectations I had!! Thank you so much, Sonya! You are the BEST!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Dalya, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Great vendor. We used Sonya as our day of planner. She helped tie final details together and was very accommodating given our busy schedules leading up to our wedding day. My husband and I were able to enjoy our special day stress free!! Highly recommend Sonya.

Profile Picture User7515036, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Dream Events by Sonya was the day planner my daughter used for her October 29th wedding. Sonya was great to work with, she listened to what we wanted and helped to make the wedding day a wonderful time for us all. Sonya had everything under control, she eleminated wedding day stress. In the weeks leading up to the day, if we voiced a concern, she would say, I will take care of it and she did. Would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an event planner. Sonya is a gem!

Profile Picture User7596780, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks for making our wedding day so special. We appreciate all you did for us.

Profile Picture Mark & Paola, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sonya is a rock star and super detail oriented! She was the planner and I was the floral designer for a steampunk, Victorian/Edwardian, Chicago World's Fair inspired wedding. As you can image there were a lot of little pieces that went into the decor. Sonya never missed a beat, and made the whole planning and design process a breeze for me, as the floral designer. I cannot wait to work with her again.

Profile Picture Natalie , 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sonya bought more to my wedding than coordinating, prep, or organization. She was a Life Saver and that’s exactly how she was listed in my contacts. Any question or comment I called/texted/emailed her about the wedding was quickly replied with an expert opinion, helpful fact or gracious offer to take a demanding task off may hands. Besides acting as a true professional in her field, Sonya is very personable and caring about your mindset. During my mini meltdowns, she always offered ways to help so my to-do list wasn’t such a burden. My late summer wedding was at separate locations for ceremony and reception venues but still ran fluidly. Our wedding would not have been so beautiful and enjoyable without Sonya!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alexjandra, 8/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Sonya is truly a gem. After having worked with her, one can easily say she loves what she does as a wedding planner and truly enjoys her role which is demonstrated through her enthusiasm and her attention to detail. She worked with my husband and I in achieving our vision for our bridal shower, mendhi (henna night) and South Asian wedding and surpassed our expectations in bringing our vision to life. When we first met with Sonya, she asked us questions about our ideas of what we would like our wedding to be like, including the number of guests, type of venue and budget. She does a wonderful job meeting all of the goals we had set for our special day. She understands that life can get busy with wedding planning and focusing on our careers so she does the best she can in being flexible to meet with us around our busy schedules. In addition, she provides very helpful guidance and insightful perspectives as we were making decisions along the way. She is very creative and has a great eye for detail, especially around flowers, color, table settings (napkins, table cloths chairs, etc.), and decor and she works very hard to make sure she achieves the color theme envisioned for the wedding. The flowers were especially gorgeous on our big day and overall everything went smoothly and looked fabulous! Sonya also worked with my bridesmaids and I in finding professionals to do our hair and makeup. On the day of the wedding, Sonya and her assistant took care of setting up the tables, coordinating hair/makeup, communicating with families, and also communicating with employees at the wedding venue so that we could focus on enjoying the moment. Sonya is truly passionate about her work and makes sure that you are fully satisfied with all of the decisions made. Although weddings are fun, the planning can be very stressful, but with Sonya we felt very supported which allowed us to relax and take the edge off so that we could simply enjoy the process! Thank you Sonya!!!!

Profile Picture Karishma , 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Words cannot express our gratitude for Sonya. Over the past few months, Sonya became another member of our family. She truly made our wedding into a fairytale come to life. We gave her our ideas and she executed them to an extent that we could not have even dreamt. It was absolutely the perfect wedding because of her. While we only hired Sonya for day of coordination, she helped us throughout the entire process. She was involved in every detail — from tastings to table seating. She is thorough, detail-oriented and best of all has the biggest heart. She works within your budget and tries to help you save wherever she can, often using her own materials. She decorated our mehndi event, made our garlands, met with all of our vendors, the list goes on and on…All of our vendors raved about her as well! There is just so much more to say about this amazing woman but I hope that every bride has a planner like Sonya because she will literally make your dreams come true. I wish Sonya could coordinate the rest of my life for me because she truly is that good!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals

Sonya is wonderful always going above and beyond! If you need someone to plan your big day or help run the day of she is the one to hire!

Profile Picture User6310016, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I used Sonya for my day-of-coordinator. At out first meeting she was professional, bubbly, and informative of her services. She enjoyed all our ideas and helped make them a reality. Everyone's advices for when were got married was " Make sure you take a moment and enjoy your wedding because it goes by fast". Having Sonya there made it so we were able to enjoy the whole day! :)

Thank you so much for all your time and help!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists

Sonya did an amazing job. I had the best wedding thanks to her handling all of the odds and ends that came up. I didn't have to worry on my big day. I would definitely recommend her services.

Profile Picture Rajvi, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Religious

Sonya, is truly an exceptional person to work with. She know her clients wants, needs and turns their dreams into reality. Sonya, will go above and beyond to make sure your big day goes amazing. There is no question about her work ethic, she gets the job done.

Profile Picture User5460167, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you so much for making our Dream a reality! Everything was beyond perfection and I will always look back on our special day and remember how beautiful our wedding was because of you!! Best planner ever xo

Profile Picture Constantine, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sonya is AMAZING to say the least!! Sonya was my day of coordinator, but she did way more than just that. She made it her job to make sure that my day was a beautiful and magical as one dreams a wedding to be. She was actively involved in the décor of the church and the reception hall. She set up the church the night before the wedding and it already had that warm, elegant feel to it. When I stepped out onto the aisle, I could not believe how breathtaking the church was with all of the lit candles on the alter and all of the custom pieces that she made for my wedding.

Hours before my wedding, she was at my reception hall setting up all of the centerpieces and the main welcome table. From seeing pictures from other events she coordinated, I had complete trust in her abilities, therefore I told her to do what she felt looked best in terms of decoration. Sonya definitely delivered! The reception hall looked amazing! I received so many compliments on the décor and all I could say was I had an amazing coordinator that made it her job to make sure I had a stress-free and beautiful wedding experience. The attention to detail to paid to everything did not go unnoticed.

Additionally, it rained on the morning of my wedding day. When Sonya arrived at the church, she brought this beautiful umbrella for me to use because she know we had outdoor pictures planned. Also, she knew how to take care of the bridal party. She brought an emergency kit which obviously had emergency items such as safety pins, bobby pins, etc. but the kit also contained snacks. After a long stressful morning, it was a treat opening that box and finding snacks to hold us over until the reception. She's definitely many steps ahead if you can't tell by now.

Lastly, Sonya recommended a florist by the name of Rita. I met with Rita once and had 1 or 2 phone calls here and there, and she completely got my vision. my bouquet was gorgeous as were my the bridesmaids bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres.

Profile Picture Indira, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sonya made Alexjándra & Tomás wedding a true success. It was as elegant and sophisticated as Alexjándra's dreamed and as much fun as Tomás hoped. She made sure that everything ceremony to the reception venue. As the mother of the bride, I was very pleased. I hope that Sonya will be available for our next big event.

Profile Picture Sandee , 8/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning