Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

117 Reviews for Dream Cakes

Groom's Cake (6)
Fresh Fruit (1)
117 Dream Cakes Reviews

0.5

We used the services of Edit for our wedding on March 22nd, 2018. We were extremely disappointed with the outcome of our cake. We had a cake tasting which we had many options from to customize our cake to our wants which went well. We picked our dream wedding cake with a simple design and great taste. When our special day came around our cake came to us ABSOLUTELY destroyed. We had a small grooms cake that came out good, but it was really small. We are still waiting on our refund for our wedding cake. It was an absolute mess. If at all possible take your business elsewhere. We ended up buying a bunch of cupcakes and a fake cake to display at our wedding.

Profile Picture Andres, 3/22/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dream Cakes, Inc. did a beautiful job creating the perfect cakes for our wedding! Despite having our wedding immediately following Hurricane Harvey, both of our cakes were delivered and looked absolutely perfect! Everyone at our event was raving about how wonderful the cakes were, and how beautiful they looked (prior to being eaten, of course). Our wedding colors were red, white, and blue, and the wedding cake that was made looked absolutely gorgeous. Our groom's cake was a Renault Twingo (a European car), which looked like an exact replica of my husband's first vehicle! Would highly recommend Dream Cakes to anyone in the greater Houston area and beyond for affordable, delicious creations for their event!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake
1.0

I was so excited to use Dream Cakes for my August 5, 2017 wedding because of the great reviews. The woman who owns it, Edit Faris, told us that she bakes her cakes fresh and doesn’t freeze them, which makes them moist, which is why we wanted to use Dream Cakes as our cake vendor. She offers to bake her couples a fresh anniversary cake if they leave her a review online. The cake was beautiful, but my grandma, mom, husband and I tasted the samples in her house and we are so disappointed with the cakes she sent to our venue for the wedding and even more upset that we spent so much money on cakes that were so dry. I didn’t see one person finish his or her piece of cake, and many people complained about how dry it was. At least 3 people asked me if the cake had been frozen beforehand, and 1 person told me it tasted like a cake that had been frozen for a month. My husband, mom, and I talked to Edit the day after my wedding. She was very defensive and repeatedly said she found it hard to believe. She admitted to refrigerating the cake, so maybe that is why it was so dry. When I told her I would be reviewing our experience online, she “warned” me about slander. We asked for a refund; Edit offered to send us a 50% refund check in the mail, and we agreed to that. It is now September 9. We have received no check. My mom left her a message during the third week of August. She has not returned the call. My sister talked to her on August 24. Edit said that she sent the check a day before. We have an audio recording of the conversation. I gave her over a month to refund our money. The only thing that I can do now is share my story with other brides. I’m not sure if the cakes being so dry was a fluke, but telling us she was going to send a half-refund of the cost of the cakes and then not following through made the experience twice as bad. Regardless of the cake quality, the customer service alone is enough to warrant warning other brides about this business.

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Edit provided the cake for our wedding on 7/16/16. We tried several wedding cake options, and even though this was not the cheapest, it was worth every penny. The flavors were by far the best. For instance, the strawberry cake actually tastes like strawberry, not boxed cake mix. The icing was perfectly sweet. The design was exactly what we had requested. The cake on the day of the wedding did not disappoint and confirmed we had made the right choice.

Profile Picture Jenny, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We tried a few of the cake places we found off of wedding wire, and dream cakes was the best!!! Her cakes look amazing, taste amazing and her prices very reasonable!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edit was amazing to work with! And her cakes were the best I've ever tasted. She uses the freshest ingredients, real raspberries were used in the filling, you'll be able to tell just at the tasting that no expense of corners were cut when she cooks her cakes. All our guests gushed over how good the cakes were at our wedding. She also decorated them just as we had wanted. Our grooms cake was the Star Wars character Boba Fett. We sent her an image of it and the cake was an exact replica. We couldnt be more appreciative. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Erika, 5/14/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

All I have to say is book Dream Cakes right now! Edit is amazing! Her cakes are out of this world delicious and beautiful!

Profile Picture User4975259, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edit makes the most amazing and beautiful cakes. I was so excited to walk into our reception and see our beautiful cakes. She did such an amazing job with the Star Wars Grooms cake. The cakes tasted amazing!! I was sad I didn't get to try all of them. We had cake left over and before we left for the honeymoon we were digging into them. So PERFECT!!

Profile Picture April, 4/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Edit was great!! She really make our wedding a great success!! The cake looked gorgeous and it tasted delicious. The guests loved it, they said, it was the best they have ever tried. We had two types of cakes one of vanilla and dulce de leche and the other chocolate and hazelnut, very nice combinations. Edit was really flexible because we didn't have much time to prepare the wedding and we didn't have the final countdown of guests till very last minute. We would recommend her to any of our friends for sure.
Thank you very much!! Yanina and Dennis Herlihy (March 26th 2016)

Profile Picture User6626814, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

If you need a wedding cake, please look no further! Edit does such an amazing job. She did a peacock wedding cake for my wedding and it was incredible! Everyone talked about it for days and it was one of the main attractions in our wedding. She is very professional and the taste to her cakes are amazing. My cake had 4 different cake flavors and fillings which were just so delicious! Please call Edit today and look no further for your wedding cake!!

Profile Picture Marcy, 3/19/16, 1 Review

Profile Picture Marcy, 3/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Edit was amazing to work with! Such a sweet, helpful lady who really wanted to make sure she made us our dream cake. And the flavor of the cake really is amazing. And there are so many good filling choices that we could only narrow it down to three! We had an amazing three layer cake, with vanilla filling, raspberry filling, and lemon filling (each on a different cake layer) and our guests loved them all! The raspberry was a particular hit. The cake turned out beautifully - my new husband and I loved it:) Thank you, Dream Cakes!!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Wow! Dream Cakes was delicious! Edit was great and very easy to work with. She has so many choices of cakes/fillings/icings to choose from. We went to several cake tastings, and Dream Cakes was by far the best. Edit's cakes are incredibly moist and delicious. Highly recommend Dream Cakes to anyone!

Profile Picture User6223280, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

I planned my Houston wedding from Iowa and Edit was very helpful and responsive. We attended several cake tastings and found Dream Cakes to have the best set-up, the best combinations, and the best cakes! We wanted a "naked" cake (with no icing) and other bakers tried to talk us out of it, but Edit was right on board working with us to design the cake we wanted. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted wonderfully. We got so many compliments about the look and taste of our cake. I would highly recommended Dream Cakes to anyone!

Profile Picture Marie, 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Edit was great. The quality of her work is amazing. My guests kept going back for seconds we only had a small piece left to take home. The detail on both my cake and my husbands cake was so perfect. I had a beautiful wedding but I must say that the cake was one of the things that was absolutely flawless.

Profile Picture Silvia, 12/19/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Edit was so amazing to work with. The cake was absolutely stunning. She did our groom's cake as well and it was exactly what he wanted. The cakes tasted amazing. I had wedding guests raving at how good the cake was. She was amazing!

Profile Picture User3457508, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery, Groom's Cake

Book this vendor! Edit is absolutely wonderful to work with and her cakes are amazing!! We got married almost 6 months ago and people are still talking about how great our cakes were and how they were the best wedding cakes they have ever had. She has great flavors to choose from and her designs are awesome. Our cakes were beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and delicious! Don't hesitate, book Edit today!

Profile Picture Patty, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Cake Stands

Loved our wedding cake! It was beautiful and tasted amazing. It really was one of the best cakes I have ever had. I would recommend Dream Cakes to anyone looking for a cake.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

Dream Cakes are like anything I've ever tasted before and an added bonus is they are absolutely beautiful! I have been craving her cakes ever since we did our cake tasting! I also went in having no idea what I wanted as far as design and she was extremery helpful with coming up with something perfect and answered all of my questions.

Profile Picture Meagan, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was BEAUTIFUL and absolutely delicious!! During the planning process our cake tasting was super professional and made us feel like royalty. The cake was delivered on time and in perfect condition. She also staged it on our cake table perfectly. We got so many compliments on our cake!

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Going with Dream Cakes for my wedding cake and husband's groom cake gave me peace of mind. From the star, they listened to my ideas and didn't try to sell make me buy mire than I needed. The owner of Dream Cakes is happy to make your Dream Cake come true :) I definitely recommend dream cakes for your wedding or special event!

Profile Picture Sarah , 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dream Cakes did an absolutely amazing job on the wedding cake and grooms cake! My husband had some ideas about his grooms cake to have it look like an old book with a dragon and knight coming out of it. Edit did it just the way we envisioned! Very responsive, flexible, and on time! The cakes not only looked great but tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Edit designed both my wedding cake and grooms cake. They were EXACTLY what we wanted and envisioned. She is absolutely talented beyond measure. And the taste, OMG! Our guests actually said "it was the best cake they've ever had". We would definitely recommend Dream Cakes.

Profile Picture ROSY, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I'd recommend buying a bigger cake than what you think you'll need! Ours all was gone, even 1 piece my husband hid in our refrigarator for the next day! Not only was our cake so beautiful, it tasted amazing! Edit's Italian Merangue frosting, was heaven in your mouth. Today's our anniversary & all my thoughts of a year ago are as perfect as anyone could want...Perfect husband, perfect home & perfect cake!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edit made a beautiful wedding cake for our wedding! I had a specific type of wedding cake in mind, and I wanted to use as little fondant as possible (I don't like the taste). Prior to going to Dream Cakes, we visited a couple other bakery's and showed them pictures of what I liked. Both bakery's told us they could only create the design and coloring I wanted using fondant on the entire cake. I wasn't sure if the cake I envisioned was going to be possible, then we went to Dream Cakes and spoke to Edit. As I explained to her what I had in mind and showed her the pictures, she was very open to the idea and told us right away that she could make the cake with butter cream icing. I was so relieved and excited to hear this news, and I knew right away I wanted her to make our wedding cake! We did a cake tasting during this visit, and every flavor was great! She drew up a sketch of what our wedding cake would look like on each layer, and it seemed like she knew exactly what she was doing. I never once felt hesitant or nervous about our cake. The week before our wedding, I asked Edit to make a small birthday cake for my mom that I was going to surprise her with at the reception. She said since we had quite a large order with her for our wedding cake, she would make the small cake for free, which was a nice and unexpected gesture. The day of the wedding, there was no hassle with the cake being delivered to the reception on time (that I know of), and everyone LOVED the cake! People kept telling me how beautiful it was, and how great it tasted. We had many different flavors, I didn't get to try all of them, but of the ones I did try, my favorite was the Italian cream cake. They were all amazing though!! I would definitely recommend Dream Cakes to anyone! Next time I need a cake, I'm going to Edit.

FYI, she used to have a store off of FM 1488 in Conroe, she now works out of her home in Magnolia.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews