Drapers Catering of Memphis Reviews

174 Reviews for Drapers Catering of Memphis

Drapers Catering of Memphis 1
Drapers Catering of Memphis 2

Malle · Married on 08/09/2014

The food was great and the staff was always very professional and flexible as we planned our reception dinner.

Sent on 12/24/2014

Claire · Married on 08/02/2014

Everything was absolutely perfect (and this is not a descriptor I use lightly)!!!!! This sentiment is shared not only by myself (the bride), the groom, both families and our guests. The presentation of the food and the service was impeccable and the food itself was absolutely DELICIOUS! We all have been getting so many compliments on how good all of the food was....people totally loved the BBQ martini station. I was just at another wedding in November and several guests at that wedding were STILL talking about the food at our wedding back in August.

As a bride who planned the wedding almost completely alone, there is quite a bit of risk/worry that goes into hiring vendors and hoping everything comes together for the reception. While I knew immediately after our first conversation that we were in good hands with Drapers, the work/effort that went into our wedding reception EXCEEDED my expectations. The food, service, and presentation was just perfect. Ryan and the Draper's team played such a huge role in making our reception such a huge success!!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Heather · Married on 07/19/2014

Draper's did a wonderful job with my wedding. They were very responsive throughout the process and customized a fantastic menu. I appreciated their input on rentals, layout, and timing. They do hundreds of events a year, so they have a good feel for what works. No detail was missed. I think they have found the sweet spot for value and price. Their pricing was more than competitive and I didn't feel like I was dinged with add-ons and extra fees. We got a ton of compliments on the food and bartenders. I would recommend them to anyone and would use them again.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/21/2014

I hired Drapers to cater my wedding reception and from the first tasting to the day of, everyone I interacted with was a pleasure. Whenever I called or emailed with questions, which was often, everyone there promptly responded and were accommodating to my ever changing menu. Although I didn't get a chance to eat almost anything at my own reception, I was told over and over again how good the food was. The same was said for the onsite service which was very attentive and professional. And the personalized gift they gave us was so thoughtful and a wonderful surprise! I just love it!

Having said that, in order to provide a balanced review I must mention the mix-up with my walk-through. When I called the day before to confirm this meeting I was told they didn't show my having an appointment. It goes without saying that hearing this caused me to panic! Especially since I live 6 hours away and had arranged this trip for the walk-through as well meetings with other vendors. But within a few minutes the issue was fully resolved, I received an apology for the scheduling error, and everything proceeded without incident.

I mentioned this, not to fault-find, but because I truly appreciated how the matter was handled and the concern that was shown for a situation that could have certainly gone left. This underscores how well Drapers takes care of their clients and how they'll ensure you'll leave with only a positive experience. Job well done...

Sent on 12/30/2014
  • User4620733 · 2+ years ago

This was a great experience. Working with Drapers was really enjoyable, and the food was fantastic. We wanted a lot of food and a big display. We had stations, buffet, and a complete mix of foods and styles. I didn't want just food on a table, or tiny foods in little dishes. The presentation of the food was beautiful, and so much food for what we spent. Working with Draper's people was a great experience. Everyone is very nice and helpful to make sure you have all the details down and everything runs smoothly. You don't need a wedding planner directing anything with the food, they take care of all of it. My only regret is not having more time to eat lots of the food-- it was so delicious! You can do a package with everything including table cloths and flowers, pick and choose what you want, or have a served sit down dinner. Our flowers that we(partly) incorporated into the package allowance were beautiful and greatly talked about- Flowers by Regis in Bartlett. Anything you want can be done. We went with the large display of fruit, cheese, veggies, several stations and a served carving station. Everyone talked about the shrimp display and individual caesar salad display. They did a nice table with tea, punch, coffee, etc. We had them do our open bar, and a margarita machine. They did a great job with these things also. Using their bartenders and waiters was wonderful. Ryan and Matt made sure everything was done, and Ryan helped us all along the way.Ryan helped us determine everything we needed and I didn't have to worry about how much to get, or how to do it. Using Drapers took a lot of stress off what can be a very stressful time, and just allowed our family to have a wonderful time!!

natalie · Married on 06/07/2014

I can't say enough good things about Draper's! Having good food was one of my top priorities when planning my wedding, so I shopped around a lot before deciding on a caterer. From my very first emails with them, I knew that they would be great to work with. We met up and talked about the types of food that I wanted, and then not long after, I completely changed my mind and wanted to go a different direction. They handled this with ease and promptly scheduled another meeting to talk about my new ideas. They provided a tasting for myself, my fiance, and my sister, where we got to try everything that we were thinking about serving at the wedding. Ryan, one of the owners, was my most helpful vendor by far. He always answered my emails quickly (usually within minutes) and answered them thoroughly! He knows weddings! The food was absolutely delicious. I had guests telling me how great everything was all night. The staff kept everything clean and presentable. We were sent home with LOTS of leftover food, which we enjoyed for days. My family still talks about how good everything tasted. If you want a great, reasonable caterer, Draper's is your answer!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Emily · Married on 06/06/2014

These guys are great! Know exactly what they're doing and will not let you down! Absolutely no complaints about their service.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Kathryn · Married on 05/31/2014

Because the bride has celiac's disease, we had some special requests that were no problem at all. Gary and his crew were very accomodating and professional. The food was delicious and the servers were all very professional. And the presentation was stunning. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/02/2014
  • User4620829 · 2+ years ago

Drapers did an amazing job at our wedding! We received so many complements on the food and the service was great. Ryan worked with us to create the perfect menu and feel for our wedding while staying within our budget.

Kate · Married on 04/19/2014

Drapers catering was an extreme pleasure to work with. Everything from the tasting to the day of was perfect. They helped customize the menu to our specific needs and 8 months later, guests are still raving about the food. We would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/18/2014

The folks at Draper's were professional, punctual, and very responsive! The food was great and the service was perfect!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/22/2014

It would be a very easy and accurate statement to say that Drapers Catering stole the show at our Wedding Reception on March 22nd. Not only did they capture mine and my husbands FAVORITE dishes, they knocked them out of the park with flavor and presentation! The BBQ Martini's were beyond yummy and the grilled cheese and tomato soup shot appetizers were not only unique but exactly what we imagined when we discussed our food preferences. EVERYTHING was so good and if it could not get any better, the service that Ryan Draper and his team showed us was beyond exceptional. He assisted in helping me determine numbers for plates and silverware, cups, as well as how much alcohol and which types I should order for my guest count. The Drapers team also provides pick-up services to make set up and clean up a breeze which was much appreciated during such a busy time! Food is a very important part of a Wedding Reception but Drapers is more than a food provider, they are a Brides best friend and they killed it from start to finish for our wedding. So VERY happy we chose Drapers to be a part of our Wedding Day and we can never thank them enough for the amazing job and lasting impression they left on our perfect day! Thank you so much Drapers. You have earned lifelong fans and top recruiters out of me and my husband!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Beverly · event on 03/21/2014

This event was my son's rehearsal dinner. Food, service, everything was awesome.
    Super friendly employees. Thank you for making it so special.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/08/2014

Draper's is both excellent and delicious! They made our wedding! Our guests loved the food and commented on it a lot! My sister also used them for her wedding back in 2008 without a flaw. They are the best in town! Highly recommended!

Kathy · Married on 03/07/2014

Ryan and his staff did a wonderful job for our rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious and their service was excellent. They took care of everything I did not have to worry about anything. They went above and beyond.

Sent on 12/18/2014

We loved Drapers and the fabulous food they prepared for our wedding! They were extremely easy to work with and very professional. Many companies see dollar signs when you say you are planning a wedding, not Drapers. They are a family business that does big events and understand how costly weddings can be. They helped us tremendously by working within our budget and helped navigate things that were necessity versus excess. I loved that they knew exactly what they were doing (cause I sure didn't). Our guests went home full and happy!

Sent on 12/29/2014

I would like to thank Draper's Catering for providing the catering service at my son's wedding this past Sunday on 2/16/14. The food was amazing more than enough for a crowd of 400 the service was great the staff helpful and polite at all times very professional. I would recommend their catering service to anyone. Thank you for making that day and event to remember for all our guests and family.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Liliana · Married on 12/27/2013

Food was amazing! They were so organized and punctual. The set up was beautiful. I was 100% pleased with everything. I highly recommend Draper's for any special occasion. There were 2 things I was looking forward to the most on my wedding day the food and the music, and I was not disappointed at all with either things. They boxed all the left overs to take home. My family and friends enjoyed having it the next day as well! :)

Sent on 04/08/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/16/2013

Ryan was great to work with. His creativity really made for some special set-ups of food stations. The food is just amazing and the presentation of the food was spectacular.

Sent on 04/02/2014

E · Married on 11/02/2013

Planning a wedding is super stressful - but once we hired Draper's, I NEVER felt worried or stressed about the catering again! They took care of EVERYTHING, were always available when we needed them or had a question, they were flexible, they worked around our schedule, everyone that works there was so nice, and the food was AWESOME as well! I seriously cannot say enough good things about them. It was worth every penny hiring them - they even coordinated with other vendors and with the wedding venue so that we did not have to play middle-man. They just seemed to understand that we had plenty of other things to worry about. I wish all the other vendors (DJ, florist, etc.) were as easy to work with as Draper's was. Their service alone was worth it! Not to mention the great food :)

Johnie · Married on 10/26/2013

no need to look anywhere else for catering. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, pricing very good. We were 100% satisfied with the entire process.

Cristina · Married on 10/13/2013

Draper's Catering was everything I could hope for in a caterer and so much more. They were amazing to work with, especially since I was planning my wedding several states away. They helped make wedding planning a little easier, and the food was delicious! If I'm ever back in the area and in need of a caterer, I would not need to think twice about hiring Draper's. I truly do not have enough words as to how much I enjoyed working with Draper's. They are the best!

Kristina · Married on 10/12/2013

Fabulous vendor with delicious food.

Malika · Married on 10/12/2013

Absolutely the best when it comes to catering.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/05/2013

Drapers was amazing! The staff was very sweet & helpful! Will definitely use them in the future!

Sent on 04/07/2014