Dragonfly Event Reviews

17 | Granby, CT

17 Reviews for Dragonfly Event

Doris · Married on 12/14/2013

To say that we all gasped when we saw the final décor and flowers designed and set up by Dragonfly would not be an exaggeration. Never could we have dreamt of having such beautiful centerpieces, candles and arrangements, not to mention the escort card board and occasional floral and lighting pieces. From the beginning of our planning process to the event itself, Marcy was a pleasure to work with: professional, knowledgeable, funny, creative, and helpful. Dragonfly helped us with ideas and planning every step of the way and helped us give our daughter and son-in-law the most splendidly elegant wedding ever. Many thanks for your hard work!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Marcy was beyond fabulous! From our first meeting I knew she was the florist for our wedding. Every idea she had was beyond what I could have imagined. I wish I had just the tiniest amount of talent that Marcy does.
    She made my wedding even more glamorous then I would have ever thought.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Pamela · Married on 11/26/2011

With about 3 weeks before the wedding we had not selected a florist. I was introduced to Marcy at Dragonfly Event by my wedding planner. Marcy had an impressive portfolio, which she walked me through during our initial meeting. Her proposal back to me reflected she had listened to every detail during our meeting. And Marcy met with me numerous times, and worked with me diligently as I tried to articulate my vision. What Marcy & Tom produced at our wedding so far exceeded my expectations, I can barely describe it. The flowers at the ceremony and reception were STUNNING and BREATH TAKING - beyond my wildest dreams!!! The flowers and decor set the ambiance and mood for an elegant yet exciting and fun event. By far one of the best places to spend your wedding budget!!! Dragonfly was wonderful to work with, delivered beyond my expectations, and was one of the best decisions for our wedding.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Katherine · Married on 10/10/2009

Marcy from Dragonfly was amazing! She is very creative and works with the client and helps to make what they want actually come true. The flowers were so beautiful and she was the most important vendor I had at my wedding. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that I know. Thanks again Marcy for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Susan · Married on 09/26/2009

Marcy and Tom Green provided the flowers for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding in September. From start to finish they were friendly, professional and incredibly helpful. Marcy was so specifically interested in the bride's color palate and provided valuable insight as to which flowers we should use and where to substitute less expensive flowers and still deliver the same punch. The women who directed the actual wedding procession at St. Patrick's church in Farmington were so impressed by the pew bows, that they asked for Marcy and Tom's card...and they have overseen hundreds of weddings! The table flowers and flowing organza at the head table were the talk of the wedding...creamy hydrangeas, purple and white calla lillies, orchids, pale purple and cream roses, all at the perfect point of blossoming...Amazing! Marcy and Tom, although new to the area, have done so many previous events that they have terrific ideas to pique the interest of a bride who is looking for something novel. On the day of the wedding, they were virtually invisible, yet somehow everything was arranged perfectly. We looked at several area florists and many were very rigid about their floral arrangements (everthing had to be "rented") and did not have a ready supply of the gorgeous silver bowls and pedestals that Dragonfly has collected throughout their travels. Some of the florists were so overpriced, especially since the bride really wanted arrangements overflowing with flowers and not just some flowers with a lot of greenery. For us, finding Dragonfly was just a lucky fluke. But, once we met Marcy, we knew she was the florist we had been searching for. Flowers truly set the tone of the wedding and all of the flowers, from the bride's bouquet to the incredibly bountiful and fragrant floral arrangement on the tables were perfect ( and I tend to be a little critical ). You cannot go wrong if you are lucky enough to employ Dragonfly as the florist for any event you might be planning...especially one as important as a wedding!

Tara · Married on 09/26/2009

I had met with other florists in the area while planning my wedding. No other company could compare to the expertise, portfolio, and price of Dragon Fly. Marcy and Tom did an AMAZING job on the flowers for my wedding. They paid special attention to all of the little details, and that was really important to me. I felt like Marcy was more like a wedding planner to me than just a florist. She always made herself available, and offered other ideas for the wedding from decorations to favors (she even assembled my candy buffet!). I can't explain how please I was with how everything turned out!! The flowers/decorations from Dragon Fly transformed my wedding day into something I could have never imagined.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Hillary · Married on 09/19/2009

I met with numerous highly recommended florists in the Washington, DC area, and Dragonfly was head and shoulders above the rest. During our initial meeting, Marcy fully understood the concept and look I was going for and offered invaluable advice about appropriate flower combinations and colors, as well as other decorative aspects of my ceremony, such as the escort card display. Her proposal incorporated all of the ideas that we discussed, and was reasonably priced. Throughout my planning process, Marcy provided advice on the overall look of my reception (at my request), including tablecloths and china, which proved invaluable. Although Dragonfly was not the most inexpensive florist I met with, I thought the value was outstanding and well worth the extra cost. The flowers were absolutely stunning, and they were one of my favorite, if not my very favorite, aspect of the wedding. I would recommend Marcy and Thom to anyone.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Carissa · Married on 07/31/2009

I had Dragonfly Events do the flowers for my wedding in the end of July 2009. They were recommended to me by my photographer who had seen Tom and Marcy's designs at previous weddings. I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about Dragonfly Events. When I met with Marcy the first time we had an in depth interview about what my vision was for my wedding. I was not a person who had every idea thought out and Marcy helped figure out what kind of look I wanted. She also helped me decide what flowers I liked and did not like, and was able to figure out my style to a "T". She gave input when I asked and offered some wonderful ideas. In addition to the table arrangements, I also had Marcy do the flowers on my cake, the presentation of the guest seating chart, potted hydrangeas for the isle etc. After my initial meeting with Marcy it was easy to keep in touch with her. She was quick to answer all of my questions. From working with Tom and Marcy and seeing their work I knew that I was not just working with a florist but a designer. The day of my wedding I felt completely at ease. I knew that my flowers were in great hands. All of my arrangements and details were better then I could have ever imagined and Dragonfly's attention to detail was phenomenal. After the wedding I had a flood of comments about how gorgeous all of the arrangements were. I would highly recommend Dragonfly Events to anyone looking for a Floral Designer.

Marissa · Married on 06/27/2009

Dragonfly Events was an absolute delight to work with. From our first meeting Marcy truly took the time to get to know me and listened to what I imagined for my June 2009 wedding. Offering creative ways to display my vision (and solutions for an issue that happened on my end) Marcy was always flexible and responsive. The center pieces, flower arrangements and bouquets were gorgeous. My bridal bouquet in particular was stunning, I wanted to carry it around the whole night! Look no further than Dragonfly Events for any floral and decor needs, you will not be disappointed.

Joy · Married on 06/13/2009

From our first meeting until the unveiling of the floral designs on my wedding day, Marcy Green was simply a joy to work with. She was flexible, professional and creative. She brought many great ideas and suggestions to the table but listened attentively to my thoughts, as well. The arrangements were a profusion of high-quality, healthy, and simply gorgeous blooms with hardly any filler. Many of our wedding guests commented on the gorgeous floral designs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2009

Nancy · Married on 10/18/2008

Upon meeting Marcy Green of Dragonfly my now daughterinlaw and I new she was right for us. Having met with several Florists/Planners Marcy from the get go listened to Karas ideas and desires for her and my sons wedding. Marcy and Tom went above and beyond with their help. The flowers were Exceptional the Farmington Club was literally transformed with their floral creations. Our guests were speechless. The girls bouquets were magnificient. Marcy and Tom are two incredible individuals they are not only talented and creative they value how important your day is. Meet with them and look no further. Nan Kuchar

Sent on 02/14/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2008

Marcy and Thom were so accomodating! I never imagined someone could make my vision better in reality. They have an extrodinary eye and were able to transform a tent into an oasis for my guests on our wedding day. They were able to create a whole atmosphere based solely on a few words and colors we spoke about. I actually gasped when I saw how beautiful my bouquet was and couldn't believe it was for me. I am so glad we worked with them.

Sent on 02/09/2009

Alexandra · Married on 07/26/2008

Planning my wedding was so stressful I regretted not going for elopement! I live in New York City but wanted to have my wedding in my rural hometown in northern Connecticut...meaning to say I wanted all of the elegance and haute-couture details of an extravagant city paired with all the whimsy and enchantment of a summer in the country. I gave up hope that it was even possible until I met Marcy and Tom of Dragonfly Events. Not only did they make preparing for "the big day" pleasant, they wove a magic around the wedding day that had me speechless (and HUGELY PROUD that I had found them and that they were willing to work with me). Originally I could only articulate the tone I wanted to create with a few words, such as "whimsical" "colorful" "like 'A Midsummer Night's Dream,'" but from there they created a shimmering wonderland where all my dreams came true. The bouquets were exquisite bundles of uproariously happy colors, and the centerpieces on the tables (which were actually tall tree branches with twinkling tea-candles hanging among the leaves) created the feeling that me and my guests had just walked into a fairytale. My stomach still fills with butterflies when I remember the magic Dragonfly Events created for me, my husband, and our guests. And on top of it all, Marcy and Tom are two of the most thoughtful, gracious, and kind people to work with! They never said, "NO" but worked from a spirit of creativity and CAN-DO that made everything I had hoped for a REALITY. I count myself so deeply blessed to have met Marcy and Tom, and to have had them touch my life with such incredible beauty and grace.

Sent on 02/25/2009

Karen · Married on 12/31/2000

Dragonfly did such an amazing job for our New Year's Eve wedding. They took a plain, dull hotel banquet hall and turned it into a vibrant, festive, and formal New Year's Eve blow-out. The topiary arrangements on the cocktail tables were more beautiful than I imagined, and the decor on the buffet tables and crepe stations brought the whole room to life. All the florals were deep pinks and reds, interspersed with seasonal greenery. Marcy managed to find the fluffiest, most colorful and fragrant burgundy peonies, my favorite flower. The personal flowers were fuchsia orchids that draped over my arm with fuchsia silk ribbons draping down. Dragonfly created the kind of New Year's Eve party you only see in movies, which is how I will remember our picture-perfect wedding forever.

On the practical side, Marcy and Thom know all the ins and outs of weddings and events, and they gave us extremely fortunate and sensible advice and guidance. For example, Marcy came up with the idea for floral topiaries because the cocktail tables were too small for an arrangement of any size, and people would need to use the tables to place their drinks and eat in between dances. With all the details a bride has to deal with, it's amazing to have people like Marcy and Thom taking care of the most important things.

Sent on 03/05/2009

I can't say enough about how much we loved our arrangements and decor for our wedding. We had a Japanese theme for our wedding and they were able to make it complete by assisting with ikebana arrangements that matched the vibe. They also orchestrated the hanging of 1,000 folded paper cranes that made our ceremony space personal and gorgeous. Truly great people who love their jobs and are dedicated to their craft. Keep being awesome, guys!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Carolyn · Married on 05/15/2010

Marcy was awesome. She met with my mom, our wedding planner and me to discuss the vision for our floral needs. We wanted a spring garden-style look with pale ivories and pinks in peonies, ranunculus, roses and various other gorgeous flowers that I couldn't name. The price is relatively high for her services, but I would say that the value for the cost is significant. The bouquets were very full and beautiful. The pomanders along the aisle were stunning. The silver candlesticks she put all over our mantle in the ballroom for the ceremony and reception were awesome. She also used her own crystal for the peony bloom on all of the cocktail tables to give a prettier and more unique effect. And the dinner tables had such gorgeous variety with half being tall candelabra centerpieces with tealight and a large floral bouquet mixed with half of the tables having a variety of shorter arrangements in different low vases. The look was perfect, and I have received tons of compliments on our floral look. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Rori · Married on 11/20/2011

I met with quite a few florists and liked what they came up with, but never felt they captured what I was looking for. When I met Marcy Green with Dragonfly, she immediately got what I was looking for and followed a few days later with an amazing design board.

On the day of the wedding, the flowers and decor were not what I had been hoping or expecting - they were far better, so so much more than I even imagined they could be! Right from the start, when the bouquets were delivered to the bridal suite, I was amazed. All morning, when we were getting ready and talking about all the other details of the wedding, I just kept coming back to the bouquets - they were simply fantastic and perfect in every way. When we arrived at the event site, I was able to sneak a peak at everything before we lined up for the ceremony and was in awe. Our chuppah was gorgeous and ethereal, the centerpieces, the amazing escort card table and their unique mercury glass pieces and beautiful jars, again, were beyond what I had ever hoped - everything was perfect. Everyone I talked to couldn't stop talking about how lovely all the flowers were - even men who I had thought would never even notice things like that. Marcy had thought of every little detail, including beautiful natural sprigs of lavendar on the napkins. Our wedding was in a formal space, with lots of marble and grand pillars, but with Marcy's vision, she was able to bring in a romantic, "outside," warm texture that made the whole event so lovely. She exceeded all expectations and I fully recommend her!!

Sent on 11/30/2011