Downbeat Reviews

Downbeat 4
Downbeat 5
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/04/2014

This band was the highlight of our reception. We have gotten so many compliments on the band and how good they were. Totally made our guests enjoy the entire reception with dancing alllll night long! Couldn't have more pleased with the outcome!

Sent on 10/28/2014

I normally don't gush with five-star reviews, but AMFM was absolutely outstanding in every way.They played at our son's wedding, and everyone said it was the best wedding band they had ever heard. I saw people dancing whom I've never seen dance before! They responded quickly and thoroughly to all of our pre-event questions, and accommodated several very special requests. Our mother-son dance song wasn't on their regular list, but not only did they play it, but their vocalist learned all the words. One of our relatives, who is a vocalist herself, asked if they would play a CD track so she could sing a special song to the newlyweds. They said they'd work up a live backup, and played the music exactly as it was on the track - same key and everything! People thought they had rehearsed for weeks with the guest vocalist, when it was actually the first time they had played together. This band is professional!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Brenda · Married on 08/03/2014

My client was very happy with AMFM's performance at their wedding! Everyone was professional from the band and kept the crowd dancing until the end! Really easy to work with during the planning process and flexible with requests made. Would recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jeanine · Married on 07/26/2014

AMFM played our wedding and they were fantastic! What a great group of musicians. They were so much fun and easy going. They are true professionals, and helped us plan the music schedule for the evening. They also did announcements and introductions. I've been to some weddings where the bands are intrusive and even intimidating. Not AMFM. They made people feel comfortable. Guests were dancing all night! They were a lot of fun and made for a great party!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Ryan · Married on 07/19/2014

We were excited when we saw that AMFM was available for our wedding. There isn't a single other band on any of these booking sites that is remotely as good as AMFM. I don't mean to disparage other contemporary cover bands you'll find out there, but AMFM has a youth and vitality to them that, combined with their incredible natural talent, makes you feel like you are at a CONCERT. Our guests danced the night away to every single song. AMFM was high-energy, played the best songs, and was just freaking good at it.

From the first communication, Diego was a pleasure to work with. He addressed every question and did so with professionalism and knowledge of how weddings work. We had a unique schedule the day of our wedding, but they easily accommodated. They learned several songs just for us, and they sounded AMAZING, making our special dances with our moms and each other even that much more special! And even when they weren't playing (during breaks), they DJ'd better than most wedding DJ's I've seen. And guess what else? They MC, and they do it really well.

So, if you're reading this and AMFM is available, just click the necessary buttons and book them right now. Seriously. You won't regret it, and you'll be the envy of all of your guests who have had recent weddings and DIDN'T book AMFM. Do you want to be the envy of those friends? Of course you do. Admit it. Book these folks, grab a cocktail, and dance till midnight.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Brian · Married on 07/12/2014

AM/FM made an already perfect evening that much more special thanks to their professionalism, unrivaled talent, and their willingness to do whatever it took to make sure all of our guests had a very memorable night.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Jenny · Married on 07/04/2014

We hired AMFM for our wedding and it was the best decision we ever made. Everyone loved the band!! All of our guests were raving about how great the music was the whole time. AMFM really did an amazing job. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Stacey · Married on 06/22/2014

They were so easy to work with and really took care if us. Loved the music that they played and all if my guest loved them. There were no dull moments and there transitions between the different events of the evening were smooth. They also accomplished everything I had asked for and more. I didn't have to worry about the timeline. They followed it to how I wanted it. I wish I had more events to do I would book them again.

Sent on 07/18/2014
  • Y

Yunnie · Married on 06/21/2014

I have to admit, I was reluctant to book a band at first. I knew that it could be pricey, and I had already booked a DJ separately. But come the wedding day, boy was I happy that my mom convinced me to do it! AMFM was amazing! Alex and Bri and the whole band knocked it out of the park. They played all types of music without a hitch, from oldies to reggae to pop hits and got all the guests up and dancing. To this day, I still get compliments about how wonderful the music was!

They accommodated all our special requests without a problem. Bri sang a Whitney Houston song for the mother/son dance and she pulled it off brilliantly. I worked with Alex beforehand and asked him to sing a Chinese song, and he did it! My family was really impressed. Even though he doesn’t speak Mandarin, he—and the band—learned to perform the song especially for me. So thank you, Alex, for putting in that extra effort!

AMFM was one of the best investments I made for my wedding. They created a fun and energetic vibe and helped make my wedding day an even more unique and memorable experience.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Marilyn · event on 04/06/2014

This band is amazing! They work around your schedule and are very professional with everything. They are all friendly and definitely a crowd pleaser. Later my guests told me that they did a request to the band and they played it with no problem (that was never discussed).

If your on a budget this band isn't for you, but if you have some money... Definately make the investment! They are way worth the money and for all the people in it... Way better than a DJ. When I get married they will be second people we call after I book the venue!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Cindy · event on 03/23/2014

This band is incredible. When we were considering our band choices, we asked our friends and associates. We were referred to quite a few vendors as we had some unique song requests and knew that it needed to be the right combination of Spanish / English top hits cross over. Diego was so easy to work with, and completely "got it" when we explained the mood and type of event we wanted to create. The band was "spot-on". They are the trifecta combination of professional, hip, and high quality performers. They are able to read a crowd and its pulse and adjust accordingly. We had so many of our friends asking us for their information! That is the best testimony that not only did they make our evening, but we know that they made our friends and families evening too.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Jeremy · Married on 03/13/2014

We LOVED AM|FM!! I am a professional wedding photographer so I have come across many different wedding bands. Most of them, unfortunately, are just cheesy cover bands. But we fell in love with AM|FM after we heard their demo reel. It was exactly the type of music we wanted. They cover top 40 songs but with their own unique twist, it was really like listening to a live concert. All of our guests really enjoyed them! They looked professional, acted professionally, and everybody in the band was just a joy to have at our wedding. Thanks again for making our day memorable!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Ronda · Married on 12/29/2013

This band is amazing! I hired them for my wedding and I got so may compliments. They made my wedding. They dressed in tuxedo's and the female singer was in a nice classy dress. They were so professional, upbeat and talented. I am trying to find another excuse to hire them again. Oh and they are reasonable and stress-free to deal with. I love them! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Nereyda · Married on 07/05/2013

AM/FM Band.....this is an amazing band! Great band members who are very dedicated and make sure your event will be a memorable one.

Sent on 03/20/2014

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot recommend the SoulTones enough. BOOK them. You will 100% not regret it! They performed at our wedding on Saturday 6/3/17 and were absolutely amazing. We had the guitarist play through the ceremony and cocktail hour, and the full band played through the reception. Gabi did a wonderful job MC'ing, and overall the vocals from the three lead vocalists are just incredible. They executed our first dance song flawlessly, even incorporating requests / changes that we asked for right before the event started. The band was so much fun, so accommodating, and really engaging (getting down on the dance floor!). They kept everyone, of all ages, on the dance floor much longer than we even anticipated. All of our guests raved about them, and even our venue was snatching up their business cards -- we couldn't recommend them more.

My only word of advice - don't delay in handing over a deposit!! We had multiple emails with Diego about a different downbeat LA band and just hadn't locked down certain details. Since we hadn't paid the deposit, we found out that they booked the band for a different event without giving us first right of refusal (a few other potential vendors did that for us, which we really appreciated in the super hectic wedding planning phase!). Thankfully it all worked out for the best as we ended up liking Soultones even more than the band we had intended to book.

Thank you SoulTones! We had an absolute blast with you guys and wish we could get married all over again so we could keep the party going!

- Megan + Danny

Sent on 06/22/2017

Amy · event on 12/13/2014

I found AMFM through GigMasters.com. and feel in love with their online videos. The band arrived on time for set up and was ready for our holiday party when the doors opened. They were very accommodating and was eager to assist with our MC for the night.
    Great band, high quality equipment/instruments, awesome vocals - couldn't be happier. Everyone enjoyed the music.
    I would definitely book AMFM again through Diego for our future events.

Sent on 12/17/2014

AMFM was awesome!!! They made our reception so fun and memorable. Everyone was talking about how much fun they had several days after the wedding. They had our guests dancing from beginning to end, and there was even one point where the dance floor was so full that I didn't think it was going to be big enough! They played a majority of the songs I requested and even some of the new songs on the radio. Guests loved them!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Linda · Married on 05/17/2014

We didn't decide on going with a band until fairly last minute, and our coordinator at the venue suggested AMFM. I will always be grateful that she did! They were so amazing. Great singers and a fun repertoire. I had a professional event coordinator attend my wedding and she told me that she went and had to get their card she was so impressed. They were the single-most complimented aspect of the reception by far by all the guests. I even had a mother of a guest's friend tell me a week after the wedding: oh you are the one that had the amazing band at her wedding! If you are on the fence about a band, like we were, call AMFM you will be glad you did!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Adriana · Married on 12/16/2012

My husband and I first heard the AMFM band play on new years eve at Kings Row in Pasadena, we had just gotten engaged and hadn't even picked a venue for our wedding but we knew from the moment we heard them and the great energy they all had that we wanted them to play at our wedding. Our experience with them was great!! They offered a variety of wedding services to make our day run smoothly and stress free. They also met with us several times to plan and coordinate the schedule for our wedding. The quality and professionalism of the people who manage and and play is amazing. My husband and I were very pleased with the outcome, they were definitely a hit and a highlight of our special day.

Sent on 03/20/2014

Katarina · Married on 07/28/2018

The band and their energy absolutely made our wedding! Our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how great they were!! The band was also very flexible with our requests - including being able to learn a two-song medley for the dance with my father. I recommend Soultones without reservation!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Giuliana · Married on 12/18/2017

We look forward to working with Downbeat LA again in the future and recommending them to our clients! Their team was talented, energetic, and a true pleasure to work with. Thank you for making our annual client party a memorable one!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Myra · Married on 08/26/2017

We LOVED the Soultones! They're an amazing value for a large band - and the horn section was so worth it! Diego was very helpful in communicating with the band leading up to the wedding, and they were professional and prepared on the day. All that is of course on top of the fact that they're talented and SO fun! They really become part of the party and our guests had the best time with them!

Sent on 09/24/2017

John · Married on 06/24/2017

Soultones, managed by Downbeat LA, was definitely a hit. They truly made our wedding exciting and memorable. The band interacted with our guests. They sang and danced on the dance floor. I definitely recommend having the trumpet section included with the group. They were fun and playing on the dance floor throughout the night. We have countless friends and family telling us our band was amazing. Thank you Soultones!

Sent on 07/06/2017

KRISTIN · Married on 04/02/2016

Downbeat LA is amazing. They are professional, execute perfectly and are extremely willing to work with their clients. Diego worked with me on a song list, asked his band, TruBlu to learn specific songs for my ceremony and were always there to help me work through any audio and sound issues. It was a fantastic experience working with Downbeat LA.

Thank you!!
    Kristin and Edward

Sent on 04/24/2016

jennifer · Married on 01/23/2016

They are just amazing! This was my second time booking the Soultones for a corporate event... and its not going to be the last time seeing we have named them our un-official house band; we just love them! Im hoping for a repeat customer discount here soon ;)

You will not be disappointed... FUN , UPBEAT, INTERACTIVE, AND JUST WHAT YOU NEED TO REALLY IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS.

Sent on 02/15/2016