Downbeat LA Reviews

74 Reviews for Downbeat LA

74 Downbeat LA Reviews
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/19/2018

The BEST Wedding Band in LA!!

The best thing I can tell you is to just book AMFM. They were worth every penny and SO fantastic at our wedding in October 2018. We loved them and so did our guests!! They had fantastic talent, energy, and musicality - we truly couldn't have asked for more. We received so many compliments on them during the wedding and after; some people even said they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard!! They got everyone on the dance floor, which is a true feat. They really made our night come to life and we can't thank them enough! Diego is also a fantastic guy and so easy to work with in the days leading up - I have nothing bad to say!!

Hannah · Married on 09/22/2018

okay. hands down BEST BAND EVER. my planners recommended them and i am SO happy they did. all our guests absolutely loved them & everyone was dancing all night long. i love how they incorporate the guest and move around to get people going. i had 4 people text me the next day asking about the band and for their information. so so thankful - they made my night so extremely special and better than i could have imagined!!

Tyler Kolligian · Married on 09/22/2018

AMFM - Best wedding band in the game

AMFM is hands down the best in the business. They made our wedding night so special and memorable. They had everyone dancing and having a great time. They were clearly so passionate about the music and it was showed in the amazing quality of music! Everyone was impressed. They were also great to work with and very professional. We were so lucky to have had them in our wedding. I would high recommend them! Thank you AMFM!

Breana · Married on 09/02/2018

We always knew that we wanted a great band at our wedding and so when we selected Gold Standard from Downbeat LA, I have to be honest that our expectations were pretty high. Somehow, these guys exceeded what we could have even dreamed! Our friends and family had the time of their lives. Even at dinner service when the band was just getting started (*cue "If I ain't got you" by Alicia Keys*), we had multiple people come up to us and say how incredible the band was. Then came the dance party... Our friends still can't stop talking about it. We cannot recommend Gold Standard enough.

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2018

Unbelievable band! So much fun! They played all night, with vocalists and horns coming onto the dance floor to dance with guests. The energy was incredible. DJ kept things going between sets. Loved them! Horns totally worth it! Thanks so much for making our wedding the best it could be!

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

Great band. Everyone at wedding loved them.

Jared · Married on 08/18/2018

BOOK THEM. You won't regret it

Like most type-A couples, we reviewed everything. Having a band was a non-negotiable for us so we did a lot of research. We even went to listen to some bands play. But after listening all their samples, watching as many videos we could get and reading reviews we decided to pull the slow trigger. Diego, the manager was great. It took us a while to decide because the band did cost a lot more than some other ones. In the end, we went with the GOLD STANDARD band with Downbeat LA. They delivered on everything! They worked with us to play special requests for both the ceremony and reception. They're not just a wedding band doing covers- they are professional musicians!!! Our guest (and us) LOVED the band and the amazing electric energy they brought to our wedding! Videos don't do them justice- they're infinitely better in person. No one will remember your flowers, table settings or even dress- but they will definitely remember that you had an amazing band!

Paul · Married on 07/28/2018

AMFM was incredible! The talent and energy they bring to their performance made our wedding a blast for everyone. Throughout the evening and in the days following our guests reached out to us to let us know that the band was just the most amazing band they've ever seen at any wedding they've attended. We couldn't agree more. The guitarist also played for our ceremony and he played our music perfectly. It was better than I envisioned. Thank you everyone From AMFM!

Jonathan · Married on 07/14/2018

A+++ for A-list. I highly recommend A-list and Downbeat LA! Not only is the band extremely talented but they are very professional and accommodating. The band did an amazing job for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Every song we requested was played to perfection. The band even let me join them for a song on guitar which was a longtime dream of mine. I have received so many compliments on how good the music was at our wedding. Do yourself a favor a book Downbeat LA.

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2018

The Gold Standard band was absolutely incredible! They are incredibly talented and kept the party going the entire night! We couldn't have dreamed of a better band to play at our wedding!

Brad · Married on 12/16/2017

Diego was very easy to work with. The band and DJ were terrific and were the perfect fit for our office holiday party. Would definitely use them again in the future!

Andre · Married on 11/03/2017

Soultones was by far the best part of our wedding. Every guest commented on two things - how beautiful my wife looked, and how great the band was. The entire team at Downbeat was incredible to work with. The band has amazing energy! We could not have made a better choice!

Jeffrey · Married on 09/09/2017

AMFM performed at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They were very easy to work with and learned a few songs especially for our big day. They truly made our wedding day one to remember not just for us but all of our guests. Almost all of our guests mentioned to us how amazing our band was and how much fun they had. All the members of AMFM are extremely talented. The songs they cover sound so much like the real songs it's incredible! They also did a great job interacting with our guests and getting everyone excited to dance and party all night! I am very confident there is no better option for a band for your wedding. They are worth every penny and then some!

Grace · Married on 08/13/2017

Gold Standard went above and beyond for our wedding in August. The made it a night to remember - the guests were on their feet all night, and had an incredible time thanks to Gold Standard's good vibes!

• Serena

Serena · Married on 08/12/2017

For our wedding, my husband and I knew we wanted mix when it came to music. We wanted acoustic live music for the ceremony and cocktail hour, a live band for the majority of the reception, followed by a DJ for the last hour. Downbeat LA came highly recommend by our wedding planner and they definitely did not disappoint! Downbeat LA was able to provide every type of service we wanted which saved us the trouble of having to reach out to several companies and coordinate services.

While Downbeat LA has many amazing bands, we hired Soultones to perform at our reception and they absolutely killed it! One of our biggest fears going into our wedding was having an empty dance floor, but this was not even a realistic possibility when Soultones was performing. They brought so much energy to the reception that no one wanted to stop singing or dancing. They are all so amazingly talented, entertaining, and engaging. Even now, weeks after our big day, wedding guests still mention how amazing our band was!

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2017

Downbeat LA completely exceeded our expectations for our wedding. They were engaging and really hyped up the crowd. They listened to our requests, tailored their music to our guest list, and delivered an amazing performance. We received numerous compliments from our guests that they were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better band and they made our wedding special for our guests.

Allison · Married on 06/24/2017

Downbeat LA's band, AMFM, performed at my daughter's wedding at Hummingbird Ranch last Saturday (6/24/17) and they were truly outstanding. They were amazing beyond our wildest expectations. Not only were they talented musicians, but they knew how to engage the crowd better than any band we have ever heard. People never stopped dancing the whole night long. Even when the band was on break, the DJ music was so good that no one ever sat down. Most of the guests had attended countless weddings and, to a person, the guests thought that this was the best wedding band ever. We recommend adding a horn, or two, or three; it really adds to the energy. And the value is truly incredible. We had recently attended a wedding of a band double the price, and the groom's parents came up to us and said... "There was no comparison. Hands down, AMFM is better in every way. Not only do they sound as good, but they are more engaged, energetic and feed of the energy of the crowd. If only I knew, I would have booked them on the spot." If you're considering AMFM, don't look any further. Book them!

Janet · Married on 01/21/2017

We hired Downbeat LA AMFM band on January 21, 2017. From the beginning of our planning, we wanted to make sure we had good music because I love to dance and our guests likes to have a good party. We first met the band and Diego (the band manager) at a showcase at their studio. They seriously put on an amazing show and I was already dancing on my feet. I knew from then, I had to hire them. Diego responded so quickly on email, I thought I was texting him. We got married in downtown LA in the heart of the Women's March (aka Trump protest) and yet they were still there on time and very professional. My guests were so impressed and could not stop talking about them even after the wedding. 10 days out and I still get compliments about the band. Some of my friends are evening thinking about hiring them for their weddings this year. I guarantee 200% that Downbeat LA will make your wedding the night that everyone will be talking about!

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2016

BOOK THIS VENDOR. Very helpful and flexible. AMFM was amazing! Worth the money, trust me!

• W

Will · Married on 05/29/2016

Soultones was amazing. Their energy, musicianship, and professionalism were awesome. Gabi did a great job mc'ing the reception, and he and the rest of the band really drove the party. They added so much to our wedding experience. I cannot recommend Soultones highly enough!

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

AMFM and Diego, their executive director, were absolutely amazing to work with! Our guests had so much fun at the wedding because they kept the music upbeat and fun. AMFM's vocals are spectacular! They sang our ceremony songs so perfectly and were very accommodating to all of our requests. I am so in love with Laura, the female vocalist's voice! All the band members are stars and we feel so honored to have them play for us.

Kathryn · Married on 05/21/2016

My goodness did I love AM/FM! I watched all their videos prior to hiring them, and they looked amazing on video. Let me tell you- they are even more phenomenal live! They blew everyone away! From all the emails back and forth with Diego, to the day of the wedding everything went so smooth! I was a little nervous about how everything would flow but that all went out the window the night of- because they blew us out of the water. They got everyone involved, and not one person stayed on their seat! Id hire them again for an event!

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

As a Wedding Planner I have worked with many bands over the years and AMFM are so professional and on top of the details. They made the planning process very easy and went over all details ahead of time to ensure we had everything set for our clients wedding day. Most importantly they are SO talented and put on an incredible performance. The dance floor was literally packed the entire night and they sounded amazing. They are anything but a cheesy wedding band and instead are cool, polished and fresh. We added the horns section and it made the performance really come to life! I will be recommending them to any clients who want a band. The guests were all raving about them!

Sebastian · Married on 04/16/2016

Dear AMFM,
    We just wanted to say thank you so much for playing at our wedding!! The band was everything we had hoped for and more! Thank you for your freindliness, service, flexibility, and quality! We saw people dancing that never dance...everyone had such a great time. You guys are awesome! We have already recommended you guys to friends and will continue to do so.
    Sebastian & Diane Vollering