117 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

High-Res Images (3)
Digital Files (3)
Prints (3)
Albums (1)

We couldn't have been happier working with Doug. First and foremost, his photography is top notch. We love the photos from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. Doug did a wonderful job capturing all the important moments of our day - from getting ready, to first look, family photos, dancing and cake cutting. He also was able to help us work around threatening rain to find some great places to take photos both inside and outside our venue. Doug was extremely responsive and easy to work with through the whole process. He was always willing to make himself available to answer questions and his email response time was extremely fast. He also did a great job explaining what would work best for our day and did not try to up sell us. Finally, he worked with us to provide an album option outside of his usual offering on special request. Above and beyond!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I hired Doug for our 09/09/17 wedding and I can't say enough good things about him! Right from the start, he was incredibly responsive. We set up an engagement shoot with him which was phenomenal. We had those photos back from him within a few days of the shoot! As it got closer to the wedding, we talked with him a couple of times about what we were looking for at the wedding...what family photos, what group photos, etc. He had never shot a wedding at our venue before so he went there early to scope things out so he already had an idea of where he wanted to do some of our photos. He's very professional and super organized.

We had a blast with him and his second shooter, Lisa. They were so both so much fun and made being in front of a camera so easy. All of our family and friends really enjoyed their company as well and I had several compliments about the two of them. Even better, we had all of our wedding photos back to us within 10 days of the wedding and we love every single one of the 650 photos we have! There is literally not a bad shot in there.

We are beyond impressed with Doug and absolutely recommend hiring him for your wedding!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My best friend got married 3 years ago and had Doug as her photographer, I absolutely loved the quality of his work and everything he did with the pictures, so we decided to have him as ours. We knew without a doubt that we would be extremely happy with our wedding pictures...and we are! We got married on August 11, 2017 and had our pictures back to us 3 weeks later! Not only did we have our pictures, but Doug also made a short video with music that we watch every day and have been sharing with everyone! We left for our honeymoon and when we got home we already had a flash drive waiting for us filled with all of our pictures. Doug works hard and sticks to his word and it was so nice working with someone who is serious about their job and just wants to make their clients more than happy. Doug came to the brides home and Steve went to the grooms home and both made the atmosphere comfortable and fun! Throughout the day and night, Doug and Steve captured so many candids and a variety of great shots of all of our guests. It is so great to be able to share a variety of pictures to friends and family because it is not just of the bride and groom. We loved seeing all of the head shots of the smiling faces and people laughing. Doug was so easy to work with and replied to us as soon as we sent an e-mail to him. In advance, we made a list of pictures that we wanted done and he made sure that we got the pictures we wanted and that we were satisfied. He checked in with us throughout the night and there were no surprises. If we could, we would give Doug and his team more than 5 stars. We would recommend him to anyone for any occasion! For future events, if we ever need a photographer we know who to call!

Profile Picture Aleksa, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug Levy far exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding photographs. He had a unique way of catching those candid little moments during our wedding. We also loved how he incorporated the environment into our images. We were so afraid a cloudy day would ruin our photos. However, Doug made the clouds pop into lively colors during a sunset. Doug is also highly professional and always responded to our emails right away. We highly recommend that you give Doug a call!

Profile Picture Erica, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug came highly recommended by family friends, and I'm so glad that we too used Doug as our wedding photographer. Doug is professional, a pleasure to work with, and creative. He made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. We are so happy with our photos.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot sing Doug Levy's praises enough, nor do I feel my review can even remotely do him the justice he deserves; he IS hands down one of the most talented wedding photographers in the Boston-surrounding area. Not only does he have an eye for the most intimate candids, he is also super down to earth and a pleasure to work with. As a woman who is painfully awkward in front of a camera (I could not tell you why) and critical of myself in photographs (can we all stop doing this to ourselves?) Doug puts you and your partner at ease though the entire process. He also exudes the energy of a friend that you may feel you've actually known for years.
Doug listens and cares about his clients in a way that is genuine. He goes out of his way to build a rapport with clients to build and invest in telling a story- with you and for you.

Now, the pictures that he produces are simply incredible. I attached one here featured on his Instagram page and the work speaks just for itself. His pictures are authentic and real yet still completely detailed and intimate works of art. Our couples photography are all both equally as stunning; some are even beautifully humorous- he captures every fascet of your day in a way that is uniquely you.

I cannot recommend Doug enough to anybody looking for couples and/or wedding photography. Doug is seamless prompt easy effortless and most importantly, he takes a downright amazing and beautiful photograph.

Thanks again Doug!

Profile Picture Corinne, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't say enough about how great working with Doug was. He's responsive, professional, good at making you feel comfortable, and produces such high quality work. The forecast on our wedding day was not looking great and he happened to be in the area the day before, so he offered to meet us to take some shots on the beach since we likely wouldn't be able to on our wedding day - just one example of how he goes above and beyond for his clients! He did such a great job of capturing our special day and he's particularly good at catching the candid moments. He also turned around all of our photos in less than a week! I'd highly recommend hiring Doug as your wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Shay, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug, was by far the best choice we could have ever made in choosing him to photograph our wedding. From the initial skype consultation, we fell in love with him when he told us he use to be an umpire for minor league baseball. Who wouldn't love that when we lived two minutes from Fenway Park and are huge Sox fans. Upon meeting Doug we knew right away that we would hit it off. We met Doug on a freezing cold Monday afternoon to shoot our engagement pictures. He couldn't have been more flexible and just rolled with the punches and didn't let the weather deter him from getting the job done. He trucked all over the city with us for over two hours. To say the least, there was no doubt in my mind that he didn't capture the perfect shot for us to use as our save the date. I threw a curve ball at Doug right at the beginning of our shoot and asked him if he could try and do a double exposure picture for us with the sunset. Without hesitation he said sure I've never done it before but let's give it a shot. Well, let's just say we used that photo for our save the date. His turn around time on our photos were incredible, under two weeks. Who does that but the unbelievably talented Doug Levy. Now, onto our wedding day. Which we were not nervous about one bit after the development of engagement pictures. Doug made shooting our wedding seemed effortless. He truly captured every essence of wedding from start to finish and once again hit it out of the park with the final product of all of our wedding photos. Not to mention he had them all edited and ready for us to view before we even came back from our honeymoon. It couldn't have been a more perfect way to receive them. We cannot thank you enough Doug for everything you have done for us from the initial email to now. You are one of a kind and a true rockstar when it comes to photography!

Always-
Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Sentas

Profile Picture Brie, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I knew from the moment we met Doug that he was the wedding photographer for us. It wasn't his love of baseball or his love for dogs, it was his amazing ability to capture such beautiful candid moments. Both my husband and I hate having our pictures taken. Doug captured such beautiful shots the night of our wedding effortlessly. We highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Tiffani, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug was referred to us from another photographer and we could not have been happier with the service and quality we got. Doug has been extremely responsive from the beginning. He is easy to get in contact with via email, skype, phone, text, in person, whatever means there are. His pictures are also awesome. We actually had our online album back from him by the time we got back from our honeymoon! (granted we had a 2 week honeymoon). Since then he has been extremely helpful in answering any questions we had throughout the ordering process as well as throughout creation of an album. We also had a great experience shooting engagement photos too. Doug also did not add any stress at all to the wedding day, which was much appreciated. He met with us in advance, knew what we wanted, and he got it. I would definitely recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Tim, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we first met with Doug and scoured his work, we noticed two things in particular: his weddings look super fun and he captures people alive in true emotions. Doug totally lived up to this. From our fun engagement photos that are full of color and big landscapes to our all indoor wedding on a super rainy day - we are over the moon over the moments he captured. Doug has this perfect balance of someone you want to be around and totally forgetting he's even there. My husband and I look at our pictures and sometimes wish we were just guests at that super fun, vibrant, silly wedding. Doug is also super responsive to all questions. We're so glad to have Doug's amazing work hold the memories for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Jodi, 10/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug was awesome from the start. He offered to Skype with us so we could chat, get to know each other, and he could share some of his work with us. We booked him almost immediately after that Skype session. Our wedding was split into two days and Doug was able to cover both. He was both professional and fun to hang out with during all the events. And most importantly, the photos were beautiful. We're so happy with the quality. Doug's pricing system was awesome because it allowed us to stick to our budget while getting exactly what we wanted. He didn't push us or try to up sell things that we really didn't need, which I appreciated. I would hire him again for any number of events and certainly recommend him for your wedding photography needs!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I spent a lot of time researching photographers for my wedding - I knew what I wanted and what I could afford, but those things don't always match up in wedding world. :) As soon as I found Doug's portfolio though, I knew I had found our perfect fit. His pictures came out incredible - creative shots that highlight their subjects, aren't over-edited, and tell a story. Not only that, but we had the pictures back in TWO WEEKS. Communication is lightning fast and he was more than accommodating with our requests, including tucking my poofy dress into his personal car to take us to the beach for some portraits before cocktail hour, haha. Thank you for everything Doug! We're extremely happy with your work!

Profile Picture Jen, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images

We hired Doug and a second photographer, Steve, for our wedding day. Both were extremely professional and flexible with any photos we wanted to take. The venue where we had the ceremony and reception was under construction until the day before so the fact that Doug and Steve could show up a few hours before and scope out the area and still take beautiful photos, capturing the essence of the golf club was amazing. We are extremely pleased with all of our photos and have ordered a great deal of prints because we simply could not choose! I would, without a doubt, recommend Doug for a wedding!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug is great to work with and a true professional. We felt comfortable with him from the start and the engagement shoot really helped us get used to being the focus of all the pictures.
He was so helpful on the wedding day and had a plan for all of us throughout the day. On such an overwhelming day, it was awesome to have someone who knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted.
His work is exceptional and we are so grateful for all of his work at our wedding.

Profile Picture Greg, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

I'm so happy we booked Doug for our wedding. My sister-in-law used him for her wedding a few years ago, so we already felt that he was thoroughly vetted and it was no-brainer to book him. Doug took fantastic photos, and he turned them around incredibly quickly. He was easy to communicate and coordinate with, worked well with our other vendors, and we're just so thrilled with the finished product.

Profile Picture catey, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough good things about Doug. I was recommended a handful of photographers but canceled my meetings with them after meeting Doug (technically, after FaceTiming with Doug because I couldn't find a good time for an in-person meeting - just one way in which he was so accommodating and flexible). He does phenomenal work and has a great personality, which is so important when you'll be spending your whole wedding day with your photographer. He's both laid back and very Type A about his work. Also, he is SO responsive...I don't think it ever took him more than 10 minutes to respond to an email. Both our engagement and wedding photos could not have come out better. The candids he captured are priceless, and his second shooter, Karen, was just as talented and fun to be around.

Profile Picture Maria, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a great experience with Doug and his team! From engagement pictures to our wedding, his service was super professional and whenever we had questions, they were always answered. The pictures for our wedding were just beautiful and Doug and his team captured exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy my husband and I chose to hire Doug to photograph our wedding! An easy-going perfectionist is how I'd describe him. Very serious about his work and creating beautiful images, but very personable and enjoyable to be around! Our whole family remarked that the photographer was great. In fact, Doug was responsive and pleasant to interact with through the whole experience, from inquiry email to discussing what types of images I wanted, to delivery of images. Oh, and on top of it all, we are thrilled with the images Doug captured to remember our special day!

I really appreciated Doug's flexibility when the weather changed from thunderstorms to sunny during the hour before our outdoor ceremony. He provided expert input on shooting possibilities that allowed me to make the decision to move the ceremony back outside right at the last minute. It was the right call, and it was thanks to Doug.

The only part of the review I'm not sure I can give much input on is value. Honestly, I didn't shop around very much. Doug was on the recommended vendors list at our venue, so I went to his website first. I loved what I saw of his work and contacted him without doing very much "shopping around." I decided I would rather pay a little more and have amazing photos from a photographer whose work I trust than risk being less satisfied with someone who cost a little less. These are forever memories!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so blown away by the incredible photos that Doug Levy took of our intimate wedding ceremony in Newport, RI. My husband and I planned a small wedding ceremony with our immediate family. We received the recommendation from everyone that the most important decision in planning our wedding would be selecting our photographer. I had received several recommendations from friends, but we ultimately went with Doug because we were impressed with his online portfolio. My husband, who has a side passion for photography, found Doug's work online on 500px. We loved his focus on artistic shots and capturing emotion.

The pre-wedding coordination with Doug was easy and organized. The week before our wedding, the weather forecast included thundershowers for our wedding day. Needless to say, I was stressing out about this a little bit, but Doug put us at ease. Thankfully, the storms held out on our wedding day and we ended up with some interesting skies for photography. From the moment, Doug and his wife, Jess, arrived at my parent's house on our wedding day, I completely felt at ease. They were both personable and laid back. I really enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them better throughout the day. Our ceremony was very intimate, with just 15 people, so Doug and Jess were a big part of our special day as well. I felt completely comfortable with them, like they were old friends.

Doug did an incredible job processing our photos extremely quickly. We were so happy with the results. Doug captured our wedding day perfectly - smiles, laughter, love. I grew up in Rhode Island and am so pleased with how Doug captured the beauty of my hometown in our wedding photos. We will treasure the memories of our wedding day and the beautiful photos that captured the emotion and scenery of the day. We would highly recommend Doug for your wedding photography.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug did an incredible job capturing our wedding day. From every little detail, to the big moments of the day, Doug photographed everything so beautifully. He was always a phone call or email away up to the wedding day and quickly responded to any questions I had. We just finished picking out our wedding photos for our wedding album with Doug and that too was an easy process due to his quick replies and professionalism. Doug has such a talent capturing those small candid moments and I highly recommend him for any important event in ones life.

Profile Picture User7132577, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug did an incredible job capturing our wedding day at Gibbet Hill. From the major events, to the small details and candid moments, Doug photographed it all so beautifully. We are still getting compliments from family and friends on how gorgeous our photos came out! Doug was so responsive leading up to the wedding day and was incredibly organized. We just finished picking out our photos for our wedding album with Doug and that too was an easy process due to Doug's quick replies and professionalism. I highly recommend Doug for anyone's important future events!

Profile Picture Elisa, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Doug for our July wedding was the best decision we made! He is insanely talented and professional. He is easy to work with, laid back, and creates a relaxed environment while he is shooting. It was so much fun to have him as a part of our day, especially after getting to know him during our engagement shoot.

Doug made the entire process stress-free. He answered every question and email quickly and thoroughly and took the time to make sure he knew what we were looking for. I was amazed at the turnaround time for wedding photos as well. Within a week, we were able to relive the entire day by looking at the proofs (we were scrambling to find a wi-fi signal on our honeymoon because we were so excited to look through them!) Doug really captured the "story" that was our wedding day. The traditional family photos are beautiful and will be cherished, and the candids that he captured of our guests celebrating are just awesome!

If having incredible photos is important to you, hire Doug! If you're looking for a fun, professional photographer, hire Doug!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/23/16, 1 Review
1.6

Utter Disappointment with Doug Levy Photography, overpriced for the quality, lacks attention to detail, stand-offish and too quick to care about quality. I highly recommend to spend your money elsewhere! 7 months later and I still can't help but feel upset every time I look at the pictures taken at our wedding by Doug Levy on a cool, sunny, June day in a beautiful New England coastal town. My husband and I met in the Boston area, I lived in Newburyport, MA at the time and when we decided to get married, the stunning old seaport, colonial town was a no brainer. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to tell it was a beautiful town or the beautiful church where we were married from the power lines in our photos. We decided to move forward with Doug because he promised that his style was classic. He promised attention to detail, how his clients are of the utmost priority, and that he brings years of professionalism to the table. Everything sounded great in theory, but later on we noticed that we were duped by a good sales person. Here is why: 1. REFUSED TO MEET W/US IN PERSON before the wedding to discuss: we live in LA and could not meet with Doug in person until a couple of weeks before the wedding. Doug was unaccommodating, telling us he had no time to meet. Doug asserted that he shot a wedding in NBPT a while back, but when we did our wedding shoot he wasn’t familiar with any of the locations and couldn’t provide suggestions. NBPT is a very small town and he winged it.
2. NO DIRECTION: we specifically told Doug that direction was very important for us - unfortunately, there was a gap between people in all portraits; we don’t have one photo where everyone is aligned. 3. LACKS ATTENTION TO DETAIL: not 1 decent photo of the scenery, cake or any decor. 4. AWFUL PHOTO QUALITY: we appear green in some of our photos. 5. LACKS EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY CAPABILITY 6. NO CURATION - dumped hundreds of photos on us and said they were fully edited 7. LEFT WEDDING IN A RUSH

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lena, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug is amazing. In addition to being a great photographer, Doug has a great personality. His easy-going, laid-back personality made a huge difference during our wedding weekend and kept me, my fiancé and our families calm and comfortable. Our wedding goal was for all of our guests to have the time of their lives, and we wanted someone who could capture that spirit. Doug nailed it. He is incredible at capturing the candid moments of pure joy that we wanted everyone to feel.

When my fiancé and I started our search for a photographer, we were candidly overwhelmed. There were so many vendors to choose from that it was hard to know where to start. We ended up selecting a top ten and then sent each photographer’s website to family members – Doug was the near-unanimous top choice. He was our first call and after speaking to him, we were sold.

Doug traveled all the way to New York for our engagement shoot. My fiancé and I were a bit skeptical about what the process would entail, but we ended up having a blast! Traveling through our local neighborhood with Doug felt like we were with a good friend. He did a great job capturing our personalities and how happy we were. We didn’t want him to leave Brooklyn!

Doug was equally fantastic at our wedding. We did a first look and then family/bridal party photos. Our family and friends all spent a decent amount of time with Doug before the ceremony and everyone loved him. All of the moments he photographed showed love, fun and celebration – which is exactly what we wanted. Doug also had our photos back to us in less than two weeks. We were shocked!

Doug also goes above and beyond to make his clients happy. I wanted a few additional shots of my mother and he went back through all of his photos and found a few more so I could share them with her. I’m not sure many other photographers would do that, but Doug is just that kind of guy.

I highly recommend Doug to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Kaylan, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews