douglaslevy photography Reviews

130 | Ayer, MA

130 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2012

Doug and his assistants were fantastic. I will advise all my friends to hire Doug Levy. His pictures and slideshow, not only perfectly captured the day, they arrived 48 hours after the ceremony! He was professional, unobtrusive and managed to get flattering photographs of everyone from grandparents to newborns to the bride & groom. I could not be more thrilled with my photographs. Thank you

Sent on 07/09/2012

Brian · Married on 06/01/2012

We were married seven weeks ago and I feel badly it has taken me this long to write a review for Doug. Doug absolutely amazes with his promptness and responsiveness and I figure we owe him that much in return to write a review with some timeliness.

The simple truth is this: Doug is an absolute pleasure to work with. Many of the comments you read about Doug will be about how easy he is to work with, how nice he and his wife are, how quickly he responds in communication, how flexible he is, how quickly he produces your finished product, how easy and fun he makes the whole experience, and how all of your guests will love him too. All of those things are true, and all are true to an impressive degree.

So, with all of those great praises, the best compliment I can pay Doug is that he is a true artist and technician when it comes to his craft. He is passionate about photography and it shows in his work. He is committed to the latest techniques and latest equipment. His enthusiasm for his work allows him to produce great shots. He doesn't use cheesy photoshopping or effects. He just produces flat out quality shots.

I didn't want to share with everyone just how fast Doug was able to produce our final product for both our engagement shots and wedding because I didn't want to create an unnecessarily high expectation for future clients. So let me just say - you won't be disappointed with his responsiveness.

I have never hired anyone to do anything and have been more pleased as I was with Doug as our photographer.

Brian and Heidi Fish

Sent on 07/19/2012

sharon · Married on 11/26/2011

The only things you have after the wedding are memories and photographs. Douglaslevy photography was without question second to none.. Our pictures are fabulous. Doug was a pleasure to work with, he applies his craft like no one I have ever worked with before. A bride that gets to work with Doug is a lucky bride.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Julie · Married on 11/26/2011

From the time you get engaged to the night of the wedding, everything is a blur. One thing we always wanted to ensure was that we had a great photographer with an artistic eye and the ability to be in the middle of the moment without knowing he was there. Doug exceeded all expectations of anything we could have asked for. Professional, easy to work with, creative, and artistic, we would recommend Doug to anyone and everyone looking for jaw dropping photos!! AMAZING!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2011

Melissa · Married on 11/20/2011

AMAZING!!! Really what else is there to say.. I couldn't have been happier with the pictures Doug captured the day of my wedding and the slideshow he makes, well I have watched that about a million times!! I would almost get married again just to end up with some great pics!! :)

Sent on 12/08/2011

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2011

If you are looking for a photographer that will capture the true emotion and beauty of the day, Doug Levy is it. My husband and I were lucky enough to have Doug recommended for our recent wedding photos and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Doug is truly the difference between ordinary photography and extraordinary photography - my family and friends cannot stop talking about the results. The best part about Doug is that you never feel like your posing... stiff... or forced, everything is natural. And then you receive your photos and see the most beautiful versions of yourself and you wish he could follow you around everyday. I can't express how amazing he was but just how thankful we were to have him. See the results for yourself on his blog and website - www.douglaslevyphotography.com

Sent on 10/11/2011

Erin · Married on 09/25/2011

I know it might seem a bit odd to give five stars across the board, but I really can't think of anything but praise for Doug, his personability, professionalism, or (most importantly) his incredible skill as a photographer. Leading up to photographing our wedding, Doug was always easy to reach, extremely responsive, and incredibly entertaining. As someone that works too many hours and was planning a wedding remotely, having a photographer that was easy to communicate with and didn't need to be in constant communication was key. Although I have to admit, Doug was such a great guy my husband and I both lamented we didn't get to spend more time getting to know him before the wedding ( or after).

On the day of, we barely noticed he was taking pictures of us, he made the whole thing feel like we get married and photgraphed all the time. And the turn around time to see the finished products - a book and cd - was a lot faster than the 4-6 weeks, which I appreciated as an excited bride! But most importantly, Doug perfectly captured our wedding and our personalities. Every photo he shared with us was gorgeous and captures all the great details of our wedding day. I can't stop relooking at them!

I highly recommend Doug. Great person, amazing photographer, couldn't have asked for a better artist to capture our special day!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2011

Doug is a talented photographer who we recommend to anyone. He is extremely professional, easy to get a hold of and has a turn around time like no other. If you're looking for some beautiful pictures then Doug is your man. He has a gift of making something so simple absolutely stunning.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Amy · Married on 09/10/2011

Throughout the whole process, Doug was very responsive and prompt. In fact, he had our photos to us before we even got back from the honeymoon.

Photography was one of the top things that we cared about when planning our wedding, and Doug was everything we'd hoped for. I work in film and video, so the bar was set pretty high. After the wedding, several of my coworker wedding guests (who are also photographers) told me they were very impressed with Doug. Not only was he unobtrusive and friendly during the wedding, he also captured some truly amazing shots.

I'd highly recommend him to anyone! Thanks, Doug!!!

Sent on 11/07/2011

Mia · Married on 09/04/2011

Doug photographed our wedding on 9/4/11, and I would highly recommend him! In addition to being incredibly responsive and friendly, his pictures were fantastic and he turned them around for us in less than a week! Definitely the quickest service I've ever heard of when it comes to wedding photography! Doug was also very flexible, and happily stayed at our reception for an extra couple of hours when we decided (during the reception) that we wanted him to stay and capture the rest of the evening. Throughout the entire process he was very helpful and accommodating. He is also much more reasonably priced than some of the other wedding photogs out there. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Ludvie · Married on 08/20/2011

When it’s right…It’s right!

Ok. That’s something you usually say when it comes to finding your soul mate, but that is honestly how we feel about Doug! When you set out to look for wedding photographers, the focus is typically on the awesome images you will get after it is all said and done. For us, that wasn’t just the case. We wanted beautiful images, but equally as important was our comfort with the person behind the lens.

My husband and I had met with SEVERAL local photographers, prior to meeting with Doug. Within 5 minutes of meeting Doug, his wife (and puppy Bentley) we KNEW that he would be shooting our wedding. We felt comfortable with him instantly. He was extremely down to earth and always maintained his professionalism throughout the entire process. His responsiveness also made working with him a very pleasant experience. He delivered on every promise he made to us and constantly went above and beyond our expectations with pleasant surprises.

Here we are, nearly two years later, we still flip through our albums and digital images in awe at how beautifully he was able to capture the true essence of the day.

Doug’s talent is undeniable - his work truly speaks for itself. Couple that with his awesome personality…we couldn’t have made a better decision.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Brett · Married on 06/24/2011

Doug is amazing and his work is incredible. We absolutely love our pictures. Doug was so helpful and always had a prompt answer to any questions we had. He was unbelievably prepared and he knew exactly what we wanted!

Doug is a fantastic photographer. We would love to work with him again and would recommend him to anyone!
    Brett and Kory McCloud

Sent on 07/11/2011

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2011

Douglas Levy is an incredible photographer. He was the easiest vendor to work with because he is so dedicated and passionate about what he does that he treats working at each wedding he photographs as an honor. (Believe us, he photographed our friends' wedding too!) Doug was always very responsive, before and after the wedding. He not only provided answers to all our questions, but asked us a lot of questions to find out what aspects of the wedding were truly personal or important to us. Not only was he a real joy to work with, but the quality of the photographs is unbelievable. Doug will capture the emotions of the day in every photo, in an artistic but elegant way - with the classics thrown in there as well! We will cherish the photos Doug took for the rest of our lives, and recommend him with the highest praise possible.

Sent on 07/02/2011

Marc · Married on 12/31/2010

Doug was great. Great shots, great service, great pricing. Would highly recommend him for any and all weddings and events.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Kate · Married on 10/02/2010

Doug is an unbelievable photographer. He captures every moment of your wedding and his pictures are creative and unique.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Melisa · Married on 07/03/2010

My new husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Doug and his photos! We have been married for two months now and still look at our wedding photos constantly – they are beautiful! Doug has a fantastic eye and didn't miss a moment. His work is creative, surprising and just makes you smile. He was easy to work with, open to suggestions, helpful, accommodating and constantly enthusiastic about our day. Our photos were ready before we came back from our honeymoon and our album shipped early. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! We are so lucky to have found Doug and recommend him to any/all new brides!

Sent on 09/18/2010

Leticia · Married on 06/27/2010

Doug is an amazing photographer. He has a true talent in capturing the moment. What he can do with each single picture taken is breathless. He not only has great abilities in what he does but his passion exudes in his work and his personality. He is easy to get along with and truly listens. I would recommend him to any and every one.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2009

Doug was great about getting the photos that WE wanted, as well as providing some shots that we wouldn't have thought of. He was fun and easy to work with and took the time to make sure we were happy. He was great with every member of our large wedding party, and worked well with the other vendors to make sure our day was perfect. We would definitely recommend Douglas Levy Photography to everyone. He made an already perfect day shine so much brighter!!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Scott · Married on 10/10/2009

Doug was fantastic in every respect - from how quickly and often he communicated with us before the wedding to how responsible and enthusiastic he was the weekend of the wedding. The fact that we knew the photographer was professional, relaxed and genuine allowed us to think about other aspects of the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 12/11/2009

We hired Doug and a second photographer, Steve, for our wedding day. Both were extremely professional and flexible with any photos we wanted to take. The venue where we had the ceremony and reception was under construction until the day before so the fact that Doug and Steve could show up a few hours before and scope out the area and still take beautiful photos, capturing the essence of the golf club was amazing. We are extremely pleased with all of our photos and have ordered a great deal of prints because we simply could not choose! I would, without a doubt, recommend Doug for a wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Elisa · Married on 07/31/2016

Doug did an incredible job capturing our wedding day at Gibbet Hill. From the major events, to the small details and candid moments, Doug photographed it all so beautifully. We are still getting compliments from family and friends on how gorgeous our photos came out! Doug was so responsive leading up to the wedding day and was incredibly organized. We just finished picking out our photos for our wedding album with Doug and that too was an easy process due to Doug's quick replies and professionalism. I highly recommend Doug for anyone's important future events!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Eryk · Married on 08/30/2014

Doug did a great job of beautifully capturing the little moments that made our wedding memorable. He took some gorgeous candid portraits of our guests, and helped keep even the non-candid group shots fun, fast, and easy. Everything flowed smoothly and never felt staged or contrived, which was absolutely our goal. He was also always extremely responsive and easy to work with. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/14/2014

Doug was extremely easy to work with. He really got to know us and tailored his shooting to encompass the parts of the wedding we had put the most effort into. He was laid-back and went with the flow as we adjusting things on the fly. We got some amazing photos from the day (almost too many!) and we couldn't be more pleased.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Lynn · Married on 08/16/2013

We absolutely LOVED working with Doug! From the moment we first met with Doug we knew he was going to be our wedding photographer. His work is beautiful and he really makes you feel at ease. It's a big day and there's a lot going on and not having to worry that the most fabulous pictures were being taken was awesome! Our engagement session is still one of my most favorite days leading up to the wedding, we just felt so comfortable. Like we were hanging out with one of our friends (who just happened to have a camera and take incredible shots of us!). So when it came down to the wedding we were both so comfortable. Doug even set up a monitor and gave our guests a preview of shots taken earlier in the day - which the guests LOVED and we received many compliments on.

As someone who's in the wedding industry, I've seen and worked with a lot of photographers and Doug was my absolute first choice and I would certainly recommend him to anyone who's looking for truly stunning photography.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Carolyn · Married on 05/25/2013

As the mother of the groom, who lives 14 hours away I was totally impressed with this photographer. He was unintrusive, took very natural un-stadged photos, took A LOT of shots, and the quality was unbelievable. He really capture the day and evening. As excellent as his shots were his prints were better. I ordered on a Sunday evening and received my prints that Wednesady. My son and new daughter-in-law could not have done better. I would urge any future bride and groom to pick this photographer for their ceremony.

Sent on 06/13/2013