douglaslevy photography Reviews

130 | Ayer, MA

130 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

Liz and Andrew · Married on 06/15/2013

Doug was amazing with every aspect of shooting our wedding. Scheduling, communication, professionalism and the final product exceeded our expectatons!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Doug was a great photographer for our wedding. We added a second photographer and we think that made the range of shots we got even better Doug met with us before hand, understood what we were looking for and took great shots they day of. He is very professional and processed our photos quickly. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Cristina · Married on 05/25/2013

Doug is the best! First and foremost, we received our edited photos less than two weeks after our wedding and we are HAPPY with the results! Our parents have already received prints of Doug's photos and they are just blown away by the quality. We chose Doug based on his online portfolio as well as our in-person meeting to get to know him. Doug is incredibly personable, laid-back and fun. He and his team (which includes his wife, Jess) are the kind of people you want to have with you all day long on your big day! Doug just seemed to fade into the background at times, so that I was focused on my friends and family, but at other times he was right there making sure that everything went perfectly. On our wedding day, it rained cats and dogs to the point that we couldn't go outside. Despite this, Doug found creative ways to take a wide variety of unique and interesting shots, including some that gave the illusion of being outside without our having to get soaked and windblown. Doug also did our engagement shoot about a year before our wedding, designed our "Save the Dates" based on one of those photos, and was awesome to work with throughout. Doug is the most responsive vendor you will have; I don't think we ever waited more than an hour or two for an email or phone call back from him. With Doug, you get amazing quality, incredible professionalism and responsiveness, and a great connection whose presence you will enjoy! We couldn't have asked for a better outcome and highly recommend Doug!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Tina · Married on 05/18/2013

Doug was so great to work with for our wedding. Doug is easygoing and everyone likes him. We are still getting comments and compliments from all kinds of guests at our wedding - old and young, family and friends alike. They (and we) were especially impressed by the outstanding photos he already had up on a display monitor during the reception. Doug was everywhere we could have wanted him to be without being intrusive or in the way. He's extremely responsive and fast (we got all 600+ photos from our wedding in under a week). But what good is that if his photos are junk? Well, not to worry because they are outstanding. One particular family member who swears no one can take a good photo of her now has not one but two new favorites from our wedding. He works with an assistant to get great light when nature isn't quite providing it. He really really can get people in a way that seems honest and candid without being random. The sheer joy of the kids playing and dancing was captured amazingly and we really feel like the exuberance and beauty and fun we enjoyed on our wedding day is preserved in Doug's work. Thank you Doug!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Stefanie · Married on 05/11/2013

No words can express how wonderful it was to work with Doug Levy. From the first email interaction with him, we had a great feeling, and after a personal meeting at his home, we cancelled all other appointments we had set up with other photographers and signed our contract. The thing we valued most about Doug, was his promptness with response times. There was never once that I emailed, texted, or called Doug, where I didn't get a reply in under 10 minutes. As a huge added bonus, he was just as prompt with his editing. We had our engagement photos to see the NEXT day, and wedding photos were done within 5 days. We got to see them on the first day of our honeymoon, which was really special. We always felt at ease and taken care of, knowing he would have everything covered. Additionally, his creativity and artistic eye for capturing each moment, from our engagement session to wedding day, left us with stunning photos that make us feel like we are reliving the moments over and over again. At the wedding, Doug, Ben, and his wife (who works as his assistant, which is so cool), were professionally dressed, super flexible, and allowed us to give our ideas of different shots we might want, as well as take the reigns for what he knew would look great. We would hands down go as far to say that if you don't use Doug, you're missing out!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Doug was amazing to work and I highly recommend him! As my sister's wedding planner Doug was easy to communicate with, professional and great with responding to emails and calls (which is huge when you are stressed planning and have to stalk certain vendors). He was laid back and extremely nice the day of, not pushy or stressful. He works efficiently which was great for my sister and brother in law who didn't want to spend hours taking photos during cocktail hour. We are beyond excited to see how the photos turn out and will definitely be using him again in the future!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Cara · Married on 04/06/2013

My husband and I would highly recommend Doug for wedding photography! He is very efficient and made sure to capture the best moments at our wedding. His creativity that is expressed through his photography resulted in several great photographs. We were able to see our wedding photos just a week after our actual wedding which was great! You will not be disappointed having Doug photograph your wedding!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2012

Doug really listened to what we said. Our priority was not our photos but more about enjoying the night while it was going on. He really respected that and worked to make sure that we didn't feel as though we were missing too much in order to get photos. Looking at the photos you would never know we rushed him, he did an excellent job. Additionally, I felt like we barely even saw him during the night, in a good way, he took awesome pictures but stayed pretty hidden doing so!

Sent on 01/15/2013

leslie · Married on 12/12/2012

I observed Douglas Levy as a photographer at the same wedding where I was the Justice of the Peace.
    He is a very talented photographer, a kind man, and knows how to navigate the space around the wedding party with extreme dignity during the ceremony. He get's fabulous shots quietly and efficiently.
    I was very impressed with Douglas, and it would be an honor to work at the same celebration with him in the future. A true professional, I would definitely recommend contacting Douglas FIRST and a venue second! He is that good!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Cody · Married on 12/12/2012

I would recommend Douglas Levy to ANYONE who is looking for Quality, Professionalism, Vision, a Great Experience and for someone who wants a moment in time captured to perfection. Doug was able to provide that for me when he shot our wedding in Boston on 12/12/12...Oh, and I should also mention he was not only able to provide moments of near perfection for us with his vision and expertise, he did all of it on a two days notice (Yeah, we called him a few nights before our wedding, and he obliged ) Dougl was a one man army able to be everywhere and capture every moment, and absolute thrill to work with and was able to give us (very picky people might I add) a perfect product.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2012

Stalked his website and loved all of his pics. They really tell the story of each wedding, you feel like you are there just looking at them. Then our mutual love for hot sauce won me over. Knew he was the guy for the job. Responds to emails immediately (very nice when u are stressed and planning a wedding not to have to chase down ur wedding vendors). Very professional. Great personality. Also lots of great candids! Most of the time I didn't even know he was there (ive been to weddings where the photographer is in the way of everything). Very happy bride =) photos where ready by the time we were back from honeymoon!! They came out beautiful...I feel im at my wedding again every time i look at them.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Erin · Married on 10/07/2012

Doug is a fantastic photographer, and I was very pleased with the work he did at my wedding. He was great to work with leading up to the big day, and I felt very comfortable with him. He is very professional, but at the same time has a relaxed, easygoing personality that makes him fun to be around.

On the day itself, he and his assistant captured all the great moments but did so without being intrusive. He also got shots of things I didn't even know were happening at the time - so it was fun to see those. A bride can only be in one place at a time, so it's great to have a photographer who can help you experience things you may have missed.

The wedding goes by in a flash - they photos are how you'll remember the day for a lifetime. I would recommend Doug to any bride who wants to ensure all those special moments are captured in the best way possible.

Sent on 11/28/2012

We are very glad and fortunate to have Doug and his team as part of our special day. His level of quality and creativeness in his pictures was what initially attracted us to him. With our busy schedule he was very flexible in meeting with us in person and walked us through the process. We knew after meeting with him, he was the one for us! His respectfulness and being very personal with our guests and everyone makes him one of the best in the industry! We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Thank you so much Doug and your team for everything!!

Sent on 10/06/2012
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/15/2012

You are missing out if you don't go with Doug! From the very beginning in going back and forth with email and on the phone, Doug was professional, understanding, and on top of his game. We had an engagement shoot where my husband and I got to know Doug and he got a sense of our personalities and style. The photos turned out great. For the wedding we had Doug and his assistant as well as another photographer, Matt. The photos were amazing and truly captured all of the moments we want to remember, from getting ready through the reception. Most importantly, he is truly a genuine person. We couldn't have been any happier with how the photos and night turned out. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Heather · Married on 09/08/2012

Doug was absolutely my favorite wedding vendor to work with! He always responded very quickly and friendly to every email, and in the wedding industry, a quick response is like diamonds! ;)
    He shot my wedding Saturday evening and I received jaw-dropping images hours later! what?! AMAZING!!!

I have never met a more professional, passionate and efficient photographer, he went the extra mile to get every last beautiful shot he could for us!

I'm showing off my gallery as fast as I can, with responses like; "breathtaking" "modern bride magazine add" and "I wish he was my wedding photographer!" its safe to say Doug Levy Photography will be be my go-to photographer for life!
    Working with Doug was fun and effortless and I will recommend him to everyone in need of capturing beautiful memories for life.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Diane · Married on 09/08/2012

Mother of the Bride typically has a different perspective/opinion of all wedding vendors, but, in this case I echo Heather's comments! Doug was so easy going, calm, professional, friendly and efficient. Although the venue was stunning it did provide some unique challenges that Doug embraced. The resulting photos were beautiful! I have already recommended him to a co-worker. Thank you.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Doug is a great photographer, but also a great asset on your wedding day! He was flexible with our multiple locations, and put in an amazing 15 hour day with ceaseless energy! I was a little worried before hand about photos because my husband and I rarely take a picture where we both look good, but Doug captured us time and time again looking amazing! He also really captures the action of the day and took amazing candid photos as well as all of the group shots we required. He was always where he needed to be but never got in the way! You can really count on him to capture the best memories of the day and many more!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Michaela · Married on 08/25/2012

We would recommend Doug to any one looking for a wedding photographer! Doug is quick to respond to any questions and was very helpful throughout the process from our first inquiry through the design process for our album. Doug was very non-obtrusive both while we were getting ready and during the ceremony and reception. He is a pleasure to work with and is fun and easy going. Our wedding was 8/25/12 and we got a link to our photos just a week later while we were still on our honeymoon! Doug is professional and enthusiastic and clearly loves what he does. He captured our day so well. We love our pictures more and more every time we look at them!

Sent on 09/19/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2012

Doug was ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!!! He was so awesome to work with...not even just on our big day but all along the way as well. Honestly, everyone was raving after the wedding about how awesome Doug was. I can't say enough good things about him. The pictures came out fantastic and the video slideshow is truely something I will cherish forever.

Doug is the perfect photographer.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Dave · Married on 08/11/2012

The pricing and contract write-up was a breeze, and Doug made sure to follow up with us prior to the wedding to go over any group shots or other photos that were on the “Need to have” list.

Very flexible and easy to work with:
    - Our reception was running slightly behind schedule, and we hadn’t yet had the bouquet and garter toss. Our booked hours for Doug and Jess had just elapsed, and while thanking Doug I mentioned that we hadn’t yet had the bouquet toss. Without another word, Doug ran to his car, grabbed a camera, and stayed for an additional 30 minutes to make sure he didn’t miss either the bouquet or garter toss. Totally awesome, especially since he captured a great moment at the end.
    - After getting our photos, I noticed that one particular photo was in B&W that I was hoping to have in color. While this can’t be the case for every possible photo, Doug was more than willing to re-edit this photo for me. Again, awesome customer service.

Every moment we wanted captured was captured.

Photos:

Doug will be the first to tell you that he can’t promise what your wedding will look like, but I’ve yet to see a wedding or engagement shoot of his that didn’t come out looking beautiful and true-to-life. If your wedding is formal and graceful, it will look formal and graceful. If you have some sort of crazy Star Trek meets Twilight theme, he’ll make sure that it will look as wild and crazy as it sounds. Our wedding was more on the casual side with plenty of funny moments (Both intentional and unintentional), and all of this was captured exactly as we remember it, which is what we wanted.

Turn-around time on the photos was even quicker than advertised, and the high-res digital files were delivered on a really nice USB drive, ready to print.

The quality of the photos is superb. If you haven’t already, go right now and look at his web site and blog for more proof of this.

Definitely recommended.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Katelyn · Married on 08/10/2012

Doug is incredibly talented and very easy to work with. He is professional, organized, and flexible. Doug kept constant communication with us throughout the process, emailing through the year leading up to the wedding and consistently afterwards to update us on when the photos would be ready. I would highly recommend him to anyone having an event!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2012

We were late to our engagement shoot in Salisbury Beach... no, not 5, not 10, not 15 minutes late, but a solid half hour at best. This was our first time meeting Doug. We thought for sure, this was not going to be a good start to our wedding week. And boy were we wrong. We were off goofing around the arcade without a hitch, and Doug couldn't have been more personable and accommodating, even if we had been on time. It didn't take long to realize that some playful competition at Joe's Playland, giggling under the beachy concrete piers, and an impulsive dash into the ocean was the absolute perfect kick-off to the busy week ahead... and less than a day later, we had some amazing photos to prove it!

In all seriousness, though, any normal photographer would've shown at least a hint of annoyance, and probably would have cut the session short, with good reason. We were extremely lucky that Doug is far from your typical photographer, and he delivers incredible photos (not to mention numerous 5+ star real-people reviews) to prove it!

If you're looking for a photographer who radiates expertise in technical knowledge, a passion for creativity, an unobtrusively relaxed presence, and a natural ability to connect with people... if you think you know what you want but could use some level-headed feedback along the way, complete with assurance that the personalized details of your day will all be captured... if you're appreciative of thoughtful extras like a photography book in your mailbox after mentioning the new Nikon you just got, and the above-and-beyonds like taking the time to ask parents of both bride/groom if any additional photos they wanted may have been missed, among many many more... then please, for your own good, look no further and give Doug a call before someone else books him first!!

All of our family and friends cannot stop raving about how perfectly our collection of wedding photos capture the spirit, atmosphere, and overall excitement of the day. Clearly, we could go on and on, but the bottom line is that we will without a doubt recommend Doug, and Audrey (who was equally as friendly and attentive!), to anyone who deserves the highest level of care, and the fastest turn-around of top notch photographs humanly possible :) oh wow, almost left out the slideshow - what a bonus! We will always treasure that too... Thank you both so very much!

Dave & Lindsey Mackey

Sent on 07/30/2012

Doug's photographs do an absolutely amazing job at telling the story of our wedding and reception! Doug chronicled not only events of the evening, but all the small details which were so important to us. We were thrilled to see the slide show which Doug had put together for us before we had even returned from our Honeymoon.

We can absolutely echo all the other comments about Doug. He is professional and extremely responsive, but more importantly, his friendly and outgoing personality instantly made us feel comfortable in front of the camera.

We would happily recommend Doug to anybody who asks us!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Christine · Married on 06/18/2012

I cannot say enough nice things about Doug Levy of Douglas Levy Photography. From the moment my husband and I met Doug, we knew we had made the right choice in our wedding photographer. We had fought for weeks over our photographer decision, but as soon as we looked at Doug's online portfolio, we knew we had found our match. When we met with Doug, he understood exactly what we wanted. I explained it as wanting to simply look like a "better version of ourselves" and he immediately knew what I was talking about. I didn't want to do anything crazy or too out of the ordinary, and I didn't want my photos to be super editorial or overly artistic. I wanted photos that captured the day, and I wanted photos that I could frame and share with my family and friends. But most of all, I wanted photos of my husband and I looking like ourselves at our best.

I was very impressed by the amount of thought that Doug put into my wedding. When I spoke with him the week before, he already had a lot of ideas for different photos he wanted to take. Also, Doug and his wife, Jess (who frequently assists him on-site with the equipment), came to my venue early to scope out the space and lighting, and to plan out the best areas for the different types of shots he was going to take. Doug is also very quick on his feet-- at the end of the night when I wanted to take pictures outside in the vineyard, which was barely lit by Christmas lights, Doug ran outside to try a few test shots, and in the end we ended up with some really awesome photos.

Although he is only one person, Doug seemed to be everywhere the day of my wedding. He caught all of the special moments; my husband's parents smiling at each other during our ceremony, my 87 year old grandfather dancing with me, groomsmen playing Frisbee before the ceremony. He also captured all the small details of the day (tables, flowers, decorations, etc.) that I never really got to see or look at until I saw the photos.

It is so clear that Doug absolutely loves what he does, and his love for wedding photography made him the most timely photographer.... ever. We received the email that our wedding photos were ready to view while we were still on our honeymoon! We were also immediately able to share all of the photos with our friends and family, who were also blown away at how fast they were available.

The hardest part of working with Doug is that he takes too many nice photos to choose from! I could not be happier with not only my photos, but also the experience I had working with Doug and his wife, Jess. In the end, we received both exceptional service and quality photos. I would absolutely recommend Doug Levy to anyone in New England looking for an absolutely awesome wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Alexandra · Married on 06/09/2012

We cannot say enough about Doug and his team. Our wedding was only a week ago today and we already have the hard copy disks of all of our pictures and the most amazing slideshow he put together for us. Everyone who has seen the photos have said they are phenomenal....people have been blown away! Right from the word go, we felt comfortable with Doug. He is funny, professional and very creative. The finished product is even more than we could have ever imagined and we are SO so happy! We live overseas in New Zealand so to be able to have these photos to show Shannon's friends and family back there means the world to us. I have already recommended Doug to everyone I know...but the funny thing is...I haven't had to....people who have seen his work know how incredible he is. As one of my Bridesmaids said....he is a Genius. Thank you Doug for documenting our special day in such a beautiful and professional way. We will always be grateful!!

Sent on 06/16/2012