douglaslevy photography Reviews

130 | Ayer, MA

130 Reviews for douglaslevy photography

Greg · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug is great to work with and a true professional. We felt comfortable with him from the start and the engagement shoot really helped us get used to being the focus of all the pictures.
    He was so helpful on the wedding day and had a plan for all of us throughout the day. On such an overwhelming day, it was awesome to have someone who knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted.
    His work is exceptional and we are so grateful for all of his work at our wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2016

catey · Married on 09/04/2016

I'm so happy we booked Doug for our wedding. My sister-in-law used him for her wedding a few years ago, so we already felt that he was thoroughly vetted and it was no-brainer to book him. Doug took fantastic photos, and he turned them around incredibly quickly. He was easy to communicate and coordinate with, worked well with our other vendors, and we're just so thrilled with the finished product.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Maria · Married on 09/03/2016

I can't say enough good things about Doug. I was recommended a handful of photographers but canceled my meetings with them after meeting Doug (technically, after FaceTiming with Doug because I couldn't find a good time for an in-person meeting - just one way in which he was so accommodating and flexible). He does phenomenal work and has a great personality, which is so important when you'll be spending your whole wedding day with your photographer. He's both laid back and very Type A about his work. Also, he is SO responsive...I don't think it ever took him more than 10 minutes to respond to an email. Both our engagement and wedding photos could not have come out better. The candids he captured are priceless, and his second shooter, Karen, was just as talented and fun to be around.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Nikki · Married on 08/27/2016

We had a great experience with Doug and his team! From engagement pictures to our wedding, his service was super professional and whenever we had questions, they were always answered. The pictures for our wedding were just beautiful and Doug and his team captured exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2016

I am so happy my husband and I chose to hire Doug to photograph our wedding! An easy-going perfectionist is how I'd describe him. Very serious about his work and creating beautiful images, but very personable and enjoyable to be around! Our whole family remarked that the photographer was great. In fact, Doug was responsive and pleasant to interact with through the whole experience, from inquiry email to discussing what types of images I wanted, to delivery of images. Oh, and on top of it all, we are thrilled with the images Doug captured to remember our special day!

I really appreciated Doug's flexibility when the weather changed from thunderstorms to sunny during the hour before our outdoor ceremony. He provided expert input on shooting possibilities that allowed me to make the decision to move the ceremony back outside right at the last minute. It was the right call, and it was thanks to Doug.

The only part of the review I'm not sure I can give much input on is value. Honestly, I didn't shop around very much. Doug was on the recommended vendors list at our venue, so I went to his website first. I loved what I saw of his work and contacted him without doing very much "shopping around." I decided I would rather pay a little more and have amazing photos from a photographer whose work I trust than risk being less satisfied with someone who cost a little less. These are forever memories!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Laura · Married on 08/06/2016

I am so blown away by the incredible photos that Doug Levy took of our intimate wedding ceremony in Newport, RI. My husband and I planned a small wedding ceremony with our immediate family. We received the recommendation from everyone that the most important decision in planning our wedding would be selecting our photographer. I had received several recommendations from friends, but we ultimately went with Doug because we were impressed with his online portfolio. My husband, who has a side passion for photography, found Doug's work online on 500px. We loved his focus on artistic shots and capturing emotion.

The pre-wedding coordination with Doug was easy and organized. The week before our wedding, the weather forecast included thundershowers for our wedding day. Needless to say, I was stressing out about this a little bit, but Doug put us at ease. Thankfully, the storms held out on our wedding day and we ended up with some interesting skies for photography. From the moment, Doug and his wife, Jess, arrived at my parent's house on our wedding day, I completely felt at ease. They were both personable and laid back. I really enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them better throughout the day. Our ceremony was very intimate, with just 15 people, so Doug and Jess were a big part of our special day as well. I felt completely comfortable with them, like they were old friends.

Doug did an incredible job processing our photos extremely quickly. We were so happy with the results. Doug captured our wedding day perfectly - smiles, laughter, love. I grew up in Rhode Island and am so pleased with how Doug captured the beauty of my hometown in our wedding photos. We will treasure the memories of our wedding day and the beautiful photos that captured the emotion and scenery of the day. We would highly recommend Doug for your wedding photography.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Doug did an incredible job capturing our wedding day. From every little detail, to the big moments of the day, Doug photographed everything so beautifully. He was always a phone call or email away up to the wedding day and quickly responded to any questions I had. We just finished picking out our wedding photos for our wedding album with Doug and that too was an easy process due to his quick replies and professionalism. Doug has such a talent capturing those small candid moments and I highly recommend him for any important event in ones life.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Caitlin · Married on 07/23/2016

Hiring Doug for our July wedding was the best decision we made! He is insanely talented and professional. He is easy to work with, laid back, and creates a relaxed environment while he is shooting. It was so much fun to have him as a part of our day, especially after getting to know him during our engagement shoot.

Doug made the entire process stress-free. He answered every question and email quickly and thoroughly and took the time to make sure he knew what we were looking for. I was amazed at the turnaround time for wedding photos as well. Within a week, we were able to relive the entire day by looking at the proofs (we were scrambling to find a wi-fi signal on our honeymoon because we were so excited to look through them!) Doug really captured the "story" that was our wedding day. The traditional family photos are beautiful and will be cherished, and the candids that he captured of our guests celebrating are just awesome!

If having incredible photos is important to you, hire Doug! If you're looking for a fun, professional photographer, hire Doug!

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Kaylan

Kaylan · Married on 06/04/2016

Doug is amazing. In addition to being a great photographer, Doug has a great personality. His easy-going, laid-back personality made a huge difference during our wedding weekend and kept me, my fiancé and our families calm and comfortable. Our wedding goal was for all of our guests to have the time of their lives, and we wanted someone who could capture that spirit. Doug nailed it. He is incredible at capturing the candid moments of pure joy that we wanted everyone to feel.

When my fiancé and I started our search for a photographer, we were candidly overwhelmed. There were so many vendors to choose from that it was hard to know where to start. We ended up selecting a top ten and then sent each photographer’s website to family members – Doug was the near-unanimous top choice. He was our first call and after speaking to him, we were sold.

Doug traveled all the way to New York for our engagement shoot. My fiancé and I were a bit skeptical about what the process would entail, but we ended up having a blast! Traveling through our local neighborhood with Doug felt like we were with a good friend. He did a great job capturing our personalities and how happy we were. We didn’t want him to leave Brooklyn!

Doug was equally fantastic at our wedding. We did a first look and then family/bridal party photos. Our family and friends all spent a decent amount of time with Doug before the ceremony and everyone loved him. All of the moments he photographed showed love, fun and celebration – which is exactly what we wanted. Doug also had our photos back to us in less than two weeks. We were shocked!

Doug also goes above and beyond to make his clients happy. I wanted a few additional shots of my mother and he went back through all of his photos and found a few more so I could share them with her. I’m not sure many other photographers would do that, but Doug is just that kind of guy.

I highly recommend Doug to anyone getting married!

Sent on 06/23/2016

If you are looking for truly artistic, beautiful, and unique wedding photos, Doug should be your choice without hesitation or doubt. In my opinion, Doug is more of an artist than a "photographer." Be prepared to be wowed! I knew he was amazing long before he ever snapped a photo of me because I emailed him constantly and he always responded to me immediately! I wish that all of my vendors were as responsive as Doug. Everyone who has seen my photos has commented that they look like they are from a magazine...mission accomplished! If you choose Doug, you will not be disappointed. He will obviously provide you with the most amazing photos imaginable, but he will also provide you with comfort and confidence during a stressful time. I am a complete perfectionist and I recommend Doug 100%!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Dave · Married on 05/29/2016

We lucked out. Big time. We only met with one other photographer before we found Doug, so needless to say, our search was quick and painless. During the first few minutes of our initial conversation, he hit all the topics we planned to bring up and answered all our questions before we had a chance to ask. We didn't realize it at the time, but hiring Doug was our best and easiest decision of the whole wedding planning process.
    There will most likely be some vendors that make you feel like a number rather than a client, but any possibility of that went out the window during our engagement shoot with Doug. Being born and raised in New England, snowy winters have played a huge role in our lives. So when Doug suggested a snow tubing engagement shoot, we happily agreed. After about 20 minutes of shooting us from the bottom of the hill, Doug decided that he needed to be closer to the action. Without hesitation, he scavenged a flimsy, plastic, abandoned snow saucer, followed us to the top of the hill, and proceeded to take photos from his sled....plummeting down the hill...backwards. After countless wipe-outs, the sled finally disintegrated, and the resulting photos were pure magic. The wedding itself was a piece of cake after that, and as a huge bonus, he posted the photos 3 DAYS after the wedding! The toughest part of the entire process was putting together an album from the infinite number of fantastic moments that Doug captured. We cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/11/2016

dana · Married on 11/01/2015

My husband and I knew the aesthetic we were looking for from our photos when we began our search for photographers.
    We were looking for someone who’s pictures told a story and captured both the emotion of a moment and personality of the subject. Someone who excelled in documenting the in between moments and candid shots as opposed to point and shoot “staged photos”.

After much research on wedding wire, wedding expos and Pinterest we were lucky to find Doug. A former professional baseball umpire, Doug changed careers (to the benefit of brides and grooms). He is an easy going guy who encourages you to be yourself, letting his talent create the opportunity for the perfect shot.

He is an incredible communicator with the fastest turn around projects I have ever seen. Within one week of our engagement photos and two weeks of our wedding the proofs were in our hand. He went above and beyond to create to versions of each photo – one sized for social media and one for large prints. Every photo from our wedding captured the essence of our family and friends – so much so that every candid shot we shared with people immediately became their Facebook profile or cover photo.

Doug is highly regarded in the Boston photography community for his professionalism, technical skill and willingness to teach and support his peers. He is a man with so much integrity and love for the profession. My father was mentoring a business school student building a photography business and Doug spent a significant amount of time on a conference call sharing his expertise to better prepare this student for their project.

That is the kind of guy Doug is. He goes above and beyond – giving 110% exceeding his high standard of excellence every time.
    I would recommend him in a heartbeat and wish that cloning were possible so more brides and grooms would get the opportunity to work with him!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Erika · Married on 10/03/2015

Doug did an amazing job of capturing every moment of our wedding day!!! All of the photos came out gorgeous!! I would highly recommend him :)

Sent on 10/21/2015

Dennis · Married on 10/03/2015

If you want a wedding to be captured the way it is supposed to be, go with Doug. We could not have been more pleased with his professionalism and easy manner. But more importantly, you want a photographer who has a 'eye' which captures the essence of the day. Doug has the ability to seem as if he is not there, but captures each moment in authentic form. Natural expressions and interactions capture people for who they are, and the wedding perfectly. I'd recommend Doug across the board.

Sent on 10/28/2015

elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2015

I chose Doug Levy photography after a very long search. I believe he was actually referred to me by another photographer who happened to be booked on my wedding day. Basically, my photos were the most important thing to me regarding my wedding. It was my second marriage, and due to a faulty camera at my first wedding 20 years ago, I had not a single professional picture. Doug replied to my email within minutes of my contacting him and sent me answers to all my questions and brochures outlining prices, inclusions, hours etc.
    The week of my wedding Doug had a death in his family and could not be at my wedding. He made arrangements for another photographer to take the photos. He also did not charge me for the time or the pictures. His replacement was awesome, we loved him too. He gave his work to Doug to develop. Our pictures are beyond beautiful. I've been told that we belong in a bridal magazine more than once. Can't beat that for a compliment. We just received our finished book with almost 300 pictures, it's amazing! I would recommend Douglas Levy photography to anyone looking for service, quality and professionalism.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Sarah and Brendan · Married on 08/22/2015

As two people that are not used to being in front of the camera, Doug´s perfectly balanced mix of professionalism and relaxed attitude were an ideal match for helping us feel comfortable in front of the lens. Of all of the vendors at our wedding, Doug was the most fun to work with and get to know! Compared to other photographer´s our friends have worked with, Doug´s communication and responsiveness were second to none.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Doug was the perfect photographer for our wedding. He listened to what we wanted and the pictures came out beautiful. Going through all of the pictures, he fully captured the love, fun and celebration of the night. All of my friends said that they didn't even notice he was there all night snapping pictures! That is exactly what you want in a photographer. I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends getting married.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Allison · Married on 07/18/2015

Doug was fantastic to work with on the day of our Boston wedding and in the time leading up to the event - not only does he have an amazing way of capturing perfect moments with his creative style, but he is also incredibly organized, efficient, and is a fun guy to be around (this last one is important, since your photographer experiences so many once-in-a-lifetime moments with you on your wedding day!). He made us feel relaxed when taking photos with our wedding party and families, and at our 200-person reception he took all of the photos we had requested, in addition to countless, wonderful candids. During the planning process he always responded quickly to emails and he shared clear information. After the event, his turnaround time was unreal, and soon after celebrating we had our photos ready to enjoy. We feel lucky he was part of our special day, and are grateful to have breathtaking photos thanks to his exceptional talent!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/24/2015

Doug was amazing! He was extremely responsive via email before and after the wedding and was very easy to work with on the day of. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing and wasn't afraid to direct people to get the best shots. During the reception, I didn't even notice that he was there, but he captured the energy of the night and the most unbelievable expressions on everyone's faces. He got the digital photos to us incredibly quickly, and I haven't been able to stop looking through them since. We are thrilled with Doug's work and highly recommend him for all special events.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Caroline · Married on 05/23/2015

Doug's photos are absolutely gorgeous and he returned them to us within 5 days of the wedding! We had about 80 guests and he shot stunning portraits of almost every person there. He was right in the middle of the action throughout the event and yet we hardly noticed him. The genuine, beaming smiles he captured all day are evidence of his unobtrusive, laid-back demeanor which put everyone at ease. The lighting and the composition of his photos make the images feel as warm and intimate as the day felt for us. He was really organized and efficient with our formal wedding-party/family photos and had several really creative ideas for photo shoots with the two of us throughout the evening.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Holly · Married on 05/16/2015

Looking for a wedding photographer? Well stop spending hours pouring through everyone's sample photos and just hire Doug. Seriously, you won't regret it!

I had a hard time picking a wedding photographer. A lot of photographers have amazing websites but then when you see their full albums you're just not as in to them. And then there is the whole thing about price and budget. My fiance was convinced people could just take pictures on their cell phones and we didn't need to hire a photographer = CRAZY. For some reason Doug did not come up in my original photographer searches, he was recommended to me by another photographer who was already booked up for my date. I was between three photographers at the end and Doug just ende

Sent on 06/11/2015

Nina · Married on 05/09/2015

Doug did an absolutely fantastic job with our wedding photos! He was a pleasure to work with right from our very first interaction all the way back in October, 2014. He is easy going but very attentive (I don't think more than 30 minutes ever passed by before he responded to an email). My husband and I aren't really "photo people" in that we don't really enjoy having our photo taken and don't know much about photography either. We are also very delinquent wedding planners. Doug probably realized all of these things very early on however still made the whole process go very smoothly without ever making us feel rushed. It was even somewhat fun. And of course, the photos really just speak for themselves. They are beautiful but also natural looking and really captured everyone's emotions perfectly. We have gotten so many compliments about all of them and 4 of my friends have already used his headshots as their Facebook profile photos! Thank you so much Doug!

-Nina and Ethan

Sent on 05/25/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/11/2014

I can't stop saying incredible things about Doug. Every interaction I had with him before the wedding was professional and easy. He answered a ton of questions and graciously tolerated my nit picky lawyer fiancé. Doug's approach to wedding photography was exactly what we were looking for. He is a great story teller who captures what happened on the day, rather than staging what wedding photos should look like. On the day of his calming presence was the perfect compliment to the sometimes frantic energy. Even though I'd only met Doug once before the wedding, he was completely at ease with me, my family and friends and never felt like an outsider. He arrived early to check out the property for photos, traipsed around in muck to find good photo spots, and reassured me with his very precise weather radar that the rain was going to cooperate. Doug did the perfect job of being there for all the moments I'd want captured- I remember seeing him out of the corner of my eye- but he was never intrusive.

I simply couldn't imagine having a better photographer... and I haven't even seen the photos yet (because I asked him to wait until after we got back from our honeymoon). He showed me a couple shots on his camera throughout the day- and I have every confidence in the world that they are amazing!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Megan · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I are so glad that we chose Doug as our wedding day photographer. He has a great eye, and took many creative and stunning photographs of our wedding. I really liked the candid photographs that he captured on our wedding day of us and our guests. He was very responsive to e-mails or phone calls, which I really appreciated. He also had an excellent turnaround time of his work. My husband and I returned from our honeymoon 8 days after our wedding and Doug sent us the portfolio 9 days after the wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Shaun · Married on 09/20/2014

Doug is a great photographer. He captured our event beautifully. He made sure that every moment of our day was covered, both the guys and girls getting ready, family and friends gathering for the ceremony and of course the ceremony and reception. The final photos were delivered within 2 weeks. He also included an engagement shoot in his wedding package. We could no be happier. He made sure that we got all the family shots that we wanted but also created some beautiful portraits and candid shots that blew us away. From start to finish we were able to communicate with him and he responded right away. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 10/08/2014