Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

28 Reviews for Douglas James Studios

Multi. Locations (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Flush Mount (1)
28 Douglas James Studios Reviews

I knew well before I got engaged who I wanted to photograph our wedding and I know we made the right decision! Doug and his team were amazing. They made the day light and fun while sticking to a difficult timeline on a very cold day. We got married on the coldest NYE in 40 years but our pictures are full of warmth and fun and we have Doug and his team to thank for that. From the beginning, Doug made us feel comfortable and was so easy to talk to and work with. He was flexible and worked with us on our budget and created a package specific to us. We absolutely love our photos and cannot wait to see our video! We’ve been in and attended many weddings where the photographer was rude and made you feel uncomfortable but I can honestly say Doug was extremely professional was so much fun to work with! I highly recommend him and his team!

Profile Picture Kelli, 12/31/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter

How do I even begin this review.
Let me start by saying wedding photos are THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of a wedding, in my opinion. The dress does into a box, the flowers will wilt, the food will be a distant memory. The photos you have forever.

Doug, from day one, has been my wedding photographer. I saw his work from my cousins wedding YEARS ago and I told my (then boyfriend, now husband) that he HAD to be our wedding photographer when the day came. My husband and I started talking seriously about getting married and before we were even engaged we met with Doug. He is so sweet and personable.

We did an engagement shoot with him which I HIGHLY recommend doing. It gave us a chance to get used to his instructions and how he wanted us posed (like a trial run before the wedding!!) When the wedding day came we were like pros! We got our photos back within 2 weeks! and there is NOT ONE bad image. The highest quality! Everything came out so perfectly, he captured every detail that I worked so hard on over the past year and half. I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

We just got back our wedding photos from Doug and could not be happier with them! It was so much fun to relive our wedding day - they are absolutely stunning. Doug is incredible. I met him at a wedding expo with my mom right after getting engaged and told my fiance he had to meet him. Doug went out of his way to come to our house to meet both of us and tell us about his packages. You could feel his passion, and his pictures exuded it. We knew we were in good hands and felt so thankful to have found him. I really wanted to have an engagement session but my fiance was a bit unsure at that time. Doug ended up talking us into it and my fiance couldn't be more happy that we decided to. Not only was I happy that we did since I had wanted to, but we both felt so much more comfortable after we did - we had never been professionally photographed before so this was a great opportunity to see what it was like, and get to know Doug even further. He made us feel really comfortable, kept things laid back and we had a ton of fun. When we got the pictures back, we were blown away - they were absolutely stunning - and it solidified the great decision we had made selecting him. We would highly recommend doing an engagement session, especially for any couples on the fence! Leading up to the wedding, Doug answered countless emails, continued to work with us on accommodating all of our/my requests and concerns. He never made me feel like a bother and was always quick to respond both friendly and professionally. On the day of our wedding, Doug, Rachel and their intern were a rock star team! Our wedding party and guests all commented on how they didn't even notice them around, and the ones that did, couldn't stop talking about how nice and fun they were - they felt like a part of our family. We truly could not have been happier with our experience and highly recommend Doug and his team to anyone looking for a photographer. We will definitely look to use him again for our next life event.

Profile Picture Rebecca , 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding the right photographer and cinema team to capture the memories of our most important day was huge for us. Douglas James and his team did not disappoint! Doug was extremely professional and quick to respond through all of our communications, when we met in person and reviewed all of the options, we instantly saw that his passion for capturing these memories was as important to him as it was for us, we knew we found our photography and cinema team. It was nice that the combination option was available through one vendor and many packages were available to fit your wants and budget. We were unable to complete our engagement session prior to our day, so we had some nerves about how everything would go on our wedding day but Doug set our minds at ease. We met with Doug at our venue about a month before the wedding day for a site walk through, Doug amazed us as he built a timeline from start to finish; this process made us feel so comfortable about the flow of the day; we knew that we were in great hands. Additionally, Doug took the time to communicate with our venue contacts to ensure our needs were met, relieving some pressure from us. From the moment the team arrived on the wedding day, everyone involved made us, our wedding party and all involved, feel relaxed and comfortable. They are all so talented at their craft and truly do blend into the background, making it easy to relax and have natural photos. They made the process fun and enjoyable, not long into the day, we felt like we had friends snapping amazing shots of us. We highly recommend Douglas James Studios to capture your most precious moments!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Where do I even begin?! Doug and his team were absolutely amazing! He was completely professional, yet fun and down-to-earth. Our families and bridal party were blown away by him! By the end of the night, Doug and the team truly felt like family.
I have yet to receive our proofs, as our wedding was just a few short days ago, but what I was able to see took my breath away. He was able to capture the love and fun between my husband and I in a way that I didn't even know was possible! For that, I'm incredibly grateful. I cannot recommend Douglas James Studios enough! An absolute must for brides looking for that extra special photography or cinema team!

Profile Picture Meghan , 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Doug was wonderful! Fantastic shots and very responsive to our wants and needs. Very easy to be around and a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Mike, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Doug traveled to Mexico to cover our destination wedding; he was nothing short of AMAZING....and this was even before we got to see any of the pictures! Doug did such a wonderful job of organizing the bridal party, and making sure things ran smoothly; he didn't miss a beat and was on top of everything! I had all of my pictures back promptly, and they left me speechless! they are absolutely stunning- I cant stop looking through them!! Everyone who attended my wedding raves about Doug, and what a wonderful job he did; I couldn't imagine having ANYONE else capture the moments of our special weekend! "Doug is the man!" as my husband and groomsmen say... :)

Profile Picture Victoria, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug and his team did a fantastic job! They were always professional and made sure to capture all the moments we wanted and all the ones we never knew we wanted! We have such amazing memories and beautiful pictures of our special day.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lindsay & David, 11/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was an amazing day because of him! He was very attentive and made sure the schedules were followed. Even though it's been months since the wedding, many of my guests are still telling me what a great job he did! He definitely made the day memorable.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lori, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The entire team from Douglas James Studios were amazing on our wedding day! They were extremely professional and knew how to capture great moments without making us feel cramped or rushed. They mixed their creative expertise with our wishes which resulted in the most beautiful pictures and video we have ever seen! They were fun, energetic and upbeat the whole day. We loved having them!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

The entire team at Douglas James Studios were wonderful. I had my wedding outside of the Philadelphia area, and when I first spoke with Doug about it he had no problem making the trip.... and for an affordable price. Doug is very easy to talk to and will listen to everything you want and try to incorporate that in. He was also very good with sticking to the time table and not losing track of time, which was extremely important for the limo rental. All the guest were raving about how great the photographers were the next day. They were so engaging and interactive with everyone, which made it a blast! All around Doug was an excellent choice, where we got great quality photos at a great price!

Profile Picture ashley, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Doug was so much fun to work with and super creative too! Our pictures turned out gorgeous and he even photoshopped every gnat that was flying around that day (it was a very buggy evening!) and the stitches on my husband's forehead (a nice souvenir from his bachelor party.... :/ ). Thanks Doug!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Douglas James Photography was a great choice! Doug helped the day run smoothly and efficiently! Everyone in the wedding party felt comfortable and relaxed as Doug made sure to guide everyone. He is fun and professional and makes you feel comfortable the moment you meet him. We definitely recommend him for anyones wedding or ceremony!

Profile Picture Cristin, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Doug & Rachel and are beyond thrilled with our wedding and engagement photos. We had our reception a month after our intimate beach wedding, and their photo turnaround was so quick that we were able to make a slide show of our wedding photos in time for the reception to make everyone feel like they had been there. Thank you both for your wonderful work. We will continue highly recommending you to our friends!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug was amazing, very professional, and incredibly talented! I have known Doug for years, and my husband and I strongly recommend him. Not only is he an amazing photography (the photos on his website speak for themselves), but he also did a lot of coordination and management on our wedding day. He taught the guys how to pin boutonnieres, and he, and his fantastic second shooter, helped walked us through several parts of the day. We just received proofs for our wedding album from Doug, and they are beautiful.

Profile Picture Shanna, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

A delight to work with and very accommodating! Awesome personality

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Loved Doug! He did our engagement and wedding photos and everything was great!

Profile Picture Krista, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From our first meeting with Doug, we knew we wanted him to photograph our wedding! His creativity, positive attitude, and professionalism helped us to make our decision, and we couldn't have been happier. His work is fantastic, and he helped to make our day go so smoothly. Doug went above and beyond not only as a photographer but also helping us in the wedding-planning aspect as well. He is so knowledgeable about weddings and knows just how to capture the perfect moments. He and his team are truly talented and an excellent choice to be a part of such a big day! We are so pleased with how our photos came out and are glad he was there with us to help us celebrate.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug was hands down the best photographer for our wedding. First of all, his friendliness and professionalism were exactly what we needed. Neither of us had ever been a part of a wedding before and didn't really know what we were doing. Doug was able to not only put us at ease through our meetings before the big day, but he did an incredible job making sure everything went smoothly the day of. Doug was also just a lot of fun to be around! He always kept the mood light and made everyone feel comfortable. Then there's the finished product.. I don't even have words to describe how happy I am with the outcome of the photos. He did an amazing job capturing the pure joy of the day. There is not a single awkward, overly staged photo. Every important moment, every fine detail, and every crazy happening (so many funny shots from the reception!) was captured by him or his assistant. I also highly recommend doing the photo booth add on! Everyone had a blast in it and Doug gave us all of those photos on disc and as prints as well. I hope to work with Doug again in the future, he truly is the best of the best!

Profile Picture Kristy, 4/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband, Mike, and I met with Doug and instantly connected to him. We got along well and he was so easy to talk to. We booked our wedding with him almost right away. Our package included an engagement session and Doug made us feel so comfortable and the pictures turned out amazing. We met before the wedding and Doug made a timeline for the day that let us know when to be where and was extremely helpful when our other vendors asked for timing - we just sent everyone Doug's timeline.

The wedding day went off without a hitch. Doug, again, made us feel comfortable and directed us so he could get amazing pictures but also to get them done efficiently so we could enjoy the day with our family and friends. At the ceremony and reception he captured moments for us that we will cherish forever.

We met with Doug two weeks after the wedding and he gave us a slideshow of our photos set to music that made us both cry. We got all of our pictures the same night (only two weeks after the wedding!!!) and we could not believe how amazing they were. We would highly highly highly recommend Doug to anyone who asked.

He also offers a lifetime client package where you have one photo session per year - we love Doug so much we are definitely going to become lifetime clients!

Mike & Cait

Profile Picture User4053156, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about Doug and the incredible work he did on our wedding day! Of all of the professionals we worked with to coordinate that day, he was by far the best. From the day we met him we appreciated his positive energy, kind and fun personality, and his passion for photography. As time passed he worked very hard to get to know us and learn what we hoped to see in our photos. He kept in touch through email and by calling regularly. He scheduled several meetings and was always punctual. He anticipated and prepared for every issue, problem, or concern we might have had, which I appreciated since the whole process was very new to me. On the day of the wedding he and a very capable assistant did a fabulous job. We had several unexpected issues arise and they handled everything calmly and professionally. He took incredible candid shots as he was able to blend in and often go unnoticed. However, when the time came to organize my big and crazy family for posed shots he was firm enough to get people organized while also being very patient and fun. After the wedding Doug was very quick getting the photos to us. We were so pleased with the results! We look forward to making our photo album and getting several enlargements to hang up on our wall. I didn't realize how important a good photographer would be. He was the only professional that was with us from before the wedding until the very end. His photos are now all we have to remember that day by. I would highly recommend Doug to anyone for a wedding or any special event.

Profile Picture User3902893, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wow, what can I say about Doug!!? From our first meeting I knew he was a perfect fit! His passion and enthusiasm about weddings and photography in general are very clear in his photos and in conversation. He listened to what we said and took it to the next level. We had an engagement shoot with him 6 months before our wedding and everything felt very natural. He is very professional and was there to answer any questions I had. The day of your wedding is filled with a mix of emotions. One emotion I never felt with Doug is stress. He had a set schedule, that worked, and kept us to it. His creativity exceeded our expectations. We trusted Doug and his expertize when it came to creative shots, and they are unlike anything we have seen before. You will not be disappointed! Not only do we have beautiful pictures, but we also have a lifelong friend! Thank you, Doug!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Doug was great. He is one of the best at what he does, a pleasure to work with. His products are high quality and very well done.

Profile Picture User4881494, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are extremely happy with the services we were provided by Doug Nevick and Jonathan. Before the wedding, we met with Doug to discuss all the photos we would want on our wedding day. We also scoped out the area we'd be taking photos and he was full of creative ideas. On the day of the wedding, Doug and Jonathan were hard-working, professional, creative, friendly, prepared, and fun! We loved working with both of them, and although we have only seen one photo so far (AMAZING!) I am confident we will be pleased with the photos! Our (and our guests') favorite part of the day was the photo booth! Everyone loved taking fun, silly photos at the reception. I would highly recommend Djn photography to anyone looking to hold on to beautiful memories captured by skilled photographers at a great value!

Profile Picture Aileen, 6/24/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I couldn't be happier with DJN Photography! The owner Doug and his skilled second shooter helped to make our wedding day so special and memorable. Doug is highly professional, creative, fun, and a pleasure to work with. He calmly and efficiently organized our large bridal party (and large family) into all the shots we requested, and did a great job keeping to our pre-arranged schedule. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We were also thrilled with his ability to take advantage of great "unplanned" photo opportunities. We received numerous comments from guests about how friendly, non-invasive, and in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time the photographers were. As for post-event, he continued to communicate with us about a timeline for our proofs and prints, which finished ahead of schedule. We are in love with the finished product and very happy to have the printing rights to all the photos, which he provided on lovely personalized discs. DJN has been fantastic since our first phone call 8 months ago and continues to impress us. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/27/12, 2 Reviews