Doug Smith Designs + Events Reviews

Doug Smith Designs + Events 3
Doug Smith Designs + Events 4
Doug Smith Designs + Events 5

Shelley · event on: 12/12/2014

Second year that I have used Doug for the Flowers for our Holiday Party and I will continue to call him in the future for any other parties I have!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Dennis · Married on 11/22/2014

Doug Smith Designs was able to create a piece of art work in the Bridal Broach Bouquet using heirloom jewelry from five generations. Because of the attention to detail and taking the time to get to know Bride and Groom and the families, the flowers represented the bride and groom. The wedding was small and the care given to the broach bouquet, boutiners, and flowers allowed for Mary and Matt to begin their married life surrounded by beauty and memories of special people.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/15/2014

Our wedding bouquets, center pieces and decorations far exceeded my expectations. They were absolutely gorgeous and we received so many compliments! Thank you Glenn and Doug for making our wedding even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and also for working within our budget!

Sent on 11/25/2014
  • W

Wendy · event on: 11/07/2014

This was by far one of the best experiences in working with an Event Planner that I have encountered. The only little struggle we had at all was the development of the Invitation. It all worked out perfectly. Cannot complain about any aspect of this whole experience.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Sue · event on: 11/07/2014

Doug and Glenn were absolutely wonderful to work with as we planned our Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting event. My colleague and I were planning this event remotely, and we had peace of mind knowing we could count on Doug Smith Designs & Events.

We found Doug and team to be friendly, professional, warm, collaborative and a wealth of information. They were always there to listen, share ideas, give feedback and spring into action as needed. Not only did they create an exceptional event, they also helped us to locate other vendors as needed.

I can't thank you enough for your help and assistance!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Brooke · Married on 11/01/2014

Doug and Glenn were beyond amazing for my flowers, decor and event planning.

They were quick to respond to every email, question, freak out that I had throughout the planning process. I wanted everything to be perfect and they worked so hard to make sure that my day was everything I had imagined.

I have had so many compliments about how gorgeous the flowers were for the big day! Any time I needed anything, they made sure I was happy, calm, cool and collected. I completely felt like a guest at my own party!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Brittney · Married on 10/11/2014

Doug and Glenn could not have been better to work with. Not only did they go above and beyond to make my wedding vision come to life, they also made our wedding day just absolutely perfect! All of our flowers looked absolutely amazing and everyone went on and on about how beautiful everything was. I just told them my colors and sent them some inspirational pictures that aligned with my vision and what they came up with couldn't have been better! Doug and Glenn also did the day of coordination for our wedding and it couldn't have gone smoother. Before the wedding they helped with recommendations for vendors and helped me get organized too. I would recommend Doug Smith Designs and Events to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Jayme · Married on 10/04/2014

Doug and Glen did the most amazing job with my Mother's wedding! The flowers were beyond beautiful! Doug and Glen go beyond the call of duty. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for the best event planners in the business.

Sent on 10/07/2014

The wedding coordination was excellent! A superb and very creative way of handling all areas involved with a wedding event!

Sent on 09/25/2014
  • W

Wenqi · Married on 08/30/2014

We are so glad that we had you as our florist. Everything in the wedding was gorgeous. All the guests have complemented the decor.. Thank you so much for making it my dream wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Jeanie · Married on 08/02/2014

Doug and Glenn made all our dreams come to life, our wedding was everything we wanted and more. We could not have asked for better event planners. It was great to know they had everything under control so my husband and I could enjoy our special day!

Sent on 08/04/2014

As far as we were concerned, Doug Smith Designs was a perfect match for us. Doug, Glenn, and Susan were outstanding to work with and their workmanship was absolutely stunning. We were more than just pleased with their work, we were AMAZED by what they created. Not only were they superior artists, but they had wonderful personalities as well. We would highly recommend this design group and would use them again in a heartbeat! We loved every minute of the experience with them.

Thank you Doug, Glenn, and Susan for EVERYTHING.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Out of every vendor I worked with during the wedding planning process, Doug Smith was the best. I had met with a couple of florists before him and were completely underwhelmed. When I met with Doug I was frustrated, but he turned it all around. He assured me that what I had asked for was completely feasible and promised he could make my vision come to life. When I expressed concerns about my budget, Doug and Glenn let me know that they were willing to work with me. Doug always responded to my e-mails in a timely manner, and met with me multiple times to ensure he understood completely what I wanted on the wedding day.
    I couldn't have been happier with the way the flowers turned out. The bouquets were beautiful and better than I could have imagined. Doug also took care of the flowers for the wedding reception and for the wedding ceremony. It was all perfect. My husband and I received so many compliments on the flowers. If I had to go back and start from the beginning, I wouldn't have even wasted my time with other florists and I would have gone right to Doug. I cannot give a high enough recommendation for Doug Smith Designs.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Doug and Glenn are beyond amazing. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to picking fabrics and flowers for my wedding. All I had was a bunch of pinterest pictures and an idea in my head of what I wanted my wedding to be. This team went above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. The flowers, draping, candles, etc. were absolutely breath taking. I couldn't imagine having anyone else design my wedding. They even came to the rescue when my photographer quit 2 weeks before the wedding, they helped find me another photographer who turned out to be amazing! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding because Doug Smith Designs had everything organized and done flawlessly. I am forever grateful to them!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • Noel

Noel · Married on 07/18/2014

Doug, Glenn, and their team were amazing!! From the first moment my mother and I met with Doug to go over ideas and pricing we were immediately blown away by the creative ideas. He listened to the few ideas and pictures I had and incorporated everything beautifully. I also did the day of coordination and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND any bride to include this service it was worth every penny!!! Doug not only help recommend vendors that I still needed to book but he saved me hundreds of dollars with using his connections and it saved me lots of time and stress. My husband even said there was no way we could have pulled off Rehearsal without Doug because getting our families and wedding party organized, listening, and doing what needed to be done was like herding cats and would have been a nightmare to do on our own. As a bride I didn't want to have to worry about the programs, my favors, any little detail or problem on my wedding day and that is what they promise and that is what you get. My dream outdoor Wedding had to be scrapped last minute due to rain, but when I got to the wedding location they had turned a covered patio into a new beautiful dream! My parents, my in-laws, my husband and I were all so happy with all aspects of the work from Doug Smith Designs that any bride that chooses them as their vendor will be completely satisfied with their services and wouldn't have to stress at all and will be able to relax and enjoy their big day! Thanks again for all your hard work! :)

Sent on 08/05/2014

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Noel and Patrick - Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad that you both were happy and pleased with our services. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know.

Kirsten · Married on 06/21/2014

Doug is an amazing florist who met with me several times before our wedding! I was so impressed with his work that I booked him almost 2 years in advance because I wanted to make sure our flowers and center pieces were perfect for our wedding. he was highly recommended to me by many other vendors and brides and he did not disappoint! He was attentive, creative, and even helped me pick out table overlays and napkins that would match with my colors and centerpieces. He took my vision and added his own expertise, style, and creativity to make sure my flowers were exactly what I wanted! Not only was he helpful at the front planning end but he also was around after my ceremony to help take things down and gave my mother-in-law a ride to the reception because our limo had disappeared!! I cannot speak highly enough of Doug and would enthusiastically recommend him to any future bride! He was professional, patient, genuine, and overall, made the wedding planning process a breeze and such a wonderful experience for me!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

Doug and Glenn were super easy to work with. I was so happy with all of the flowers on my wedding day. They executed my vision for centerpieces, bouquets, etc perfectly. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 07/09/2014

We could not have been happier with Doug and Glenn! Without trying to sound cliche, our wedding was a dream come true. These guys are extremely attentive and only concerned with making the bride and groom happy. They were great working with my Mom as well! Thanks so much!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Doug was a pleasure to work with! The flowers on the big day looked beautiful - he took what I said I wanted and combined it with what he knew would look best to create truly spectacular flowers for our big day! My family enjoyed working with him so much we even asked him to do flowers for the wedding shower.

Truly, Doug and Glenn, it was such a pleasure!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Jordan · Married on 05/25/2014

I thought it was really easy to have ideas and concepts that I wanted but let the designers have some wiggle room. This is their business and I trust that they know best.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Tammy · Married on 04/26/2014

Doug & Glenn of Doug Smith Designs were absolutely amazing and beyond accommodating. Our wedding at the Castle Post could not have been the fairytale experience that it was without their event planning, wedding coordination and the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen.

Every person that attended our wedding commented that this was the best and most romantic wedding they had ever attended.

Thank you for our Happily Ever After!!

Love,
    Brian & Tammy Miller

Sent on 04/30/2014

Anne · Married on 03/01/2014

These men were incredible. As mother of the bride I was able to thoroughly enjoy our weekend because Doug and Glenn took care of all the details. They were professional, sensitive to the needs of the bride, problem solvers and just plain wonderful.

Sent on 03/07/2014

Jamie · Married on 01/02/2014

This florist does an outstanding job. I worked with them living 5 hours away and emailed him what I wanted. He exceeded every expectation that I had and made my wedding absolutely gorgeous. I could not of been more pleased.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Shelley · event on: 12/13/2013

Doug was extremely easy to work with and the flower arrangements he provided were perfect! Everyone was commenting on how beautiful the flowers were on each table and were extremely excited when it was announced that one person at each table would win that arrangement. The Reception Table floral arrangement that was a little bigger than the ones on the tables was a perfect focal piece in the front of the room. We will definitely be using Doug Smith Designs next year for our 2014 Holiday Party!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Allison · Married on 12/13/2013

My wedding was beautiful! I love these guys!!!

Sent on 01/02/2014