Doug Smith Designs + Events Reviews

Doug Smith Designs + Events 3
Doug Smith Designs + Events 4
Doug Smith Designs + Events 5

Kayla · Married on 08/08/2015

Doug and Glenn are so wonderful! They made my wedding beyond anything I could've ever dreamed of!

Sent on 08/15/2015

It was so nice to have people we trusted so much in our corner and taking care of our decor on such a stressful day. Doug and Glenn were absolutely amazing, and I recommend everyone to just put your trust in their hands. Their vision was better than anything I could have imagined and they brought so much life to our venues. They were also there for support the entire time, always having other venue suggestions and checking in to see how the planning was going. I definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone. We've gotten more compliments on the decor at our ceremony site and reception than I can count- thank goodness I had them!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/01/2015

Doug Smith Designs couldn't have done a better job with our wedding!!! Anyone looking for A+ quality in coordinating and/or floral/decor should look into hiring.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Michele · event on: 07/28/2015

Absolutely stunning florals! Doug took care of everything from design to delivery from start to finish. We were 100% satisfied and would definately recommend Doug Smith Designs.

Sent on 07/31/2015
  • User5292030 · 2+ years ago

You two are awesome!!! My arrangements were breathtaking and we received compliments the entire night! I highly recommend your services and I will be referring?

Sent on 07/26/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy to hear everything was great! We wish you all the best and if we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Karen · Married on 07/18/2015

Doug was easy to work with and took care of details. He is an amazing designer and florist as well as wedding planner. He is the best in the entire state. You need to book him early or he won't be available.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of Sarah and Adam's special day!

Kathleen · Married on 07/11/2015

Doug and Glen were amazing! So flexible and accommodating. They made my vision become a reality and even added wonderful extras the day of the wedding! Great guys!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great working with you and to be a part of your special day.

I had a great experience with this dynamic duo. Loved every minute.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

From the beginning of planning our wedding, to the day we stood at the altar to say our vows, Doug and Glenn were absolutely essential to making it all come together the way we had dreamed. We first met these two the same month we got engaged, and it was immediately clear that they shared our vision and knew how to make it all come together. A few months before the wedding, we decided to hire them as our event coordinators, and I can honestly say that this is the single best decision we ever made! They were so helpful in making sure we had every detail taken care of, and on the day of the wedding Glenn made sure that the entire time was enjoyable and stress free. When we finally saw the look of our ceremony and reception space, it literally took our breath away--from the beautiful centerpieces, to the amazing bridal bouquets; every single detail was meticulously assembled to represent everything we wanted and more. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding without Doug and Glenn and would highly recommend these two amazing people to anyone looking to have an unforgettable day!
    Thank you both so much!

Love
    The Hamricks

Sent on 06/26/2015

Lori · event on: 06/20/2015

I have used Doug Smith Designs and Events for several years at the Baptist Health P.A.C.A Ball in Richmond, KY. They have provided our flowers and decorations for our event.

I was extremely pleased with their creative ideas and professionalism. Their flower designs are absolutely stunning and original.

They understand working around a charitable organization's budgets and will give you the most for your money.

They also truly care about making your event perfect. They will check every detail and will trouble shoot/fix any issue with ease.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Ali · Married on 06/06/2015

Doug and Glenn were absolutely amazing! From the day I met them, till the day of the wedding, they were on top of everything. I was the first daughter to get married, so this was a new experience for my mother and family. They kept us on track and were there whenever we needed them. Constantly in contact and always helpful. These two gentlemen are delightful to be around and truly a pleasure to work with.
    The flowers were flawless and my bouquet was extraordinary! I was in awe of their work, literally in AWE!
    As coordinators they were professional and personal. I felt as though I had known them for ages. They guided the day and made every detail perfect. The ballroom was a masterpiece and more than I could have ever dreamt of.
    My husband and I are blessed to have been able to not only work with Doug and Glenn but have the chance to meet such wonderful people!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Ali and Taylor - Thank you for such kind words. It was truly our honor to be a part of your special day.

Katie · Married on 05/30/2015

Doug Smith Designs have incredible taste and offer a lot of guidance for a bride who is unsure about wedding planning and flowers. They are so professional, quick to respond to any questions or concerns, and their work is breathtaking! You cannot go wrong with them.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Katie - Thank you for the kind words. We loved being a part of your special day.

Eric · Married on 05/30/2015

I have known Doug and Glenn for some time now and when it came to selecting a flower and decor vendor, I knew I wanted them from the start. I am a person that likes to be in control of every aspect of an event. It is difficult to just "trust" but with Doug and Glenn, you can do that. They know what they are doing and they do it very well. We had a short period of time to get the wedding planned because the venue was available in 5 short months and they never missed a beat. I provided pictures and ideas and they took them even further to make it spectacular. The flowers, the communication, the decor, everything was just perfect! I would recommend them to anyone for any event!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Eric & Jason - Thank you so much for having us as part of your celebration. We were honored and appreciated your trusting us with your vision.

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

Doug and Glen were wonderful throughout the whole process! They had such great ideas for how to make our wedding special, and it turned out great. I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding

Sent on 06/02/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Jessica and Cole - Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you both.

Andrea · Married on 05/23/2015

They were amazing from start to finish. I felt like I could text, email or call them anytime for day one of meeting them. They were so helpful, informative, intelligent, responsive and incredible the entire time and made me feel so great/relaxed about the entire process/planning. I would highly recommend them to another bride. They were also always right (in the end after I tried to find a more difficult way).

Sent on 05/25/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/23/2015

Doug Designs was absolutely wonderful to work with! They are very easy to get a hold of and reliable – on top of that, their work is beautiful!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Katelynn · Married on 05/17/2015

Doug and Glenn were absolutely fantastic to work with. They not only fulfilled but exceeded my expectations in every way! Our flowers were amazing and they were incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Katelynn & Blake - Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Doug provided flowers for a wedding rehearsal dinner (as well as the wedding, but my interaction was for the rehearsal dinner). He also recommended the venue for the rehearsal dinner, which ended up being a wonderful venue that suited our needs quite well. We wanted something simple to complement the flowers for the wedding, but we did not want to replicate what the bride was doing for the wedding reception. Doug utilized some of the smaller flowers featured in the arrangements for the wedding and we draped these around the necks of custom labeled wine bottles (in keeping with a vineyard theme) which were placed on the tables as centerpieces. We received many compliments on the arrangements and creativity of the idea. The flowers were fresh and were delivered to the venue well in advance of the dinner. Working with Doug was a very positive experience and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Kathryn · Married on 04/25/2015

Doug Smith Designs is absolutely top notch, and I have no doubt would be highly difficult to top! Provided excellent service for our wedding needs. Even though we chose to have a small wedding and did not need an extensive amount of floral needs we definitely was impressed with our service. Everyone with Doug Smith Designs made us feel as though we was having the most grand wedding ever and remained very attentive to our needs. Thank you with the utmost respect and gratitude for your amazing work and being part of our very special day. Kathryn and Brent Besten

Sent on 04/26/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/07/2015

I received so many compliments on my flowers! Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Alpha Xi · event on: 02/14/2015

"Wow", "Beautiful" and "Amazing" were some the comments guest said when they walked through the door the night of our event. Our venue had never looked so elegant. Doug Smith Designs +Events provided the most beautiful décor for our sorority's Valentine's Day Dance. We could not have been happier with our choice to use the services of this amazing duo. Doug and Glenn are masters at their craft. We can't thank them enough for making our event so memorable.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Annice · Married on 01/17/2015

Doug's Designs are awesome !!! I could not have found anyone more helpful and caring than Doug and Glenn. They made the Hilton transform from just a room into Lindsey's dream wedding. Everyone was saying that this was the Most Beautiful wedding they had ever seen.
    Thank you Doug and Glenn for making a little girl's wedding dreams come true .

Sent on 01/19/2015

Lindsey · Married on 01/17/2015

Doug and Glenn are truly the BEST at what they do. There was never an idea too out there or a question too random. They were always available via text, email or in person to answer all my questions and to hear my ideas all along the way. Doug and Glenn took care of everything and took a load of stress off my back and were so incredibly professional but laid back at the same time which was perfect for me as a high stress bride. They are so wonderful to work with and you will feel like you have known them forever!
    Being a very type-A person, it is hard for me to not do everything on my own. It was such a relief to have them every step of the way. I sent them dozens of emails making sure that we were on the same page; they were always fifteen pages ahead. At the end of most emails, Doug and Glenn would remind me to relax, that they had this covered. Their attention to every little detail was astounding.
    The ceremony was flawless and the reception was stunning. The flowers were perfect, like each one was hand picked for me. The peonies were full, but not too full (because I asked for that). There wasn't a petal out of place or a wrinkle on any linen, which speaks volumes of their work as my ceremony and reception were in the same location and they had only an hour period to flip the room for a wedding with 250+ guests with seating charts and name cards.
    If I had to do it all over again, I would pick Doug Smith Designs every single time. Thank you all so, so much for making our wedding day so incredibly beautiful and perfect! It meant the world to me. You all are THE BEST! :)

Sent on 01/30/2015

Doug Smith Designs + Events's reply:

Lindsey & McKenzie - It was an amazing experience to be a part of your day.

Ashley · Married on 12/13/2014

The flowers and decor were exquisite, simply "over the top"! The wedding/reception coordination was superb and allowed the bride and her family to simply enjoy the day and be spoiled by Doug Smith & crew! It's impossible to say enough about the fabulous job they did! Every tiny detail was perfect, beautiful in every way. So many of the attendees have commented that it was a fairy tale setting. Wow, wow, wow!!! LOVED it all! Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Ashley · Married on 12/13/2014

Simply the BEST! The most exquisite floral arrangements imaginable! Classy table presentations! Lovely orchestration of the timeline. Again, simply the BEST!!

Sent on 12/18/2014