Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

Doug Miranda Photography 5
Doug Miranda Photography 6
Doug Miranda Photography 7

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2017

I was not a bride that dreamed of her wedding since birth and I was not one who was excited about the wedding planning process in general. But Doug made it easy, thoughtful and memorable. There was never any pressure, he met us in San Francisco for our engagement shoot that was included in our package. The pictures at the Sutro Baths were awesome. It was a typical overcast gray day at Land's End and Doug still managed to capture light from whatever angle he could find, the clouds, the ocean, the still water reflections. I honestly love watching him work. To bear witness to someone you can tell truly loves his profession. He was really excited about taking pictures, and he is really great at what he does. A few months later at our woodsy wedding at Twenty Mile House his pictures allowed me to relive the emotional blur of the day. He was patient with me and never pressured me, but let me choose the flow of what pictures I felt were important to have and when I really just wanted to enjoy the party. His wife Christine that comes to shoot with him at the weddings is a great down to earth person as well, I was happy to have her since she knew what to do with a veil. He sent our pictures within a month after our wedding and the slideshow was a nice touch! I will always remember him sliding down the bank of the creek in his suit in order to get the angle he wanted to take of us standing on a little footbridge. Doug is great! And his pictures capture warmth, light and love. Thanks Doug and Christine!

Sent on 12/29/2017

April · Married on 08/25/2017

This review comes a few months late but I am the quite the procrastinator when it comes to getting things done, including planning our wedding. Despite my little flaw, I must say that I had my dream wedding! Everything came together perfectly and I must say that I had the best photographer! I contacted Doug in May for our destination wedding at Edgewood Lake Tahoe on August 25th. He confirmed that he had the date available and I was impressed by his professionalism yet personal reply to my inquiry. Once he mentioned that he and his wife had gotten married at Lake Tahoe, I knew he was the photographer for us. Not only did his profile impress me, but I knew he would draw on his own experience and capture the most beautiful photographs. He did that and MORE!! From the moment I confirmed Doug as our photograph, he was quick to answer all my questions immediately. It was somewhat of a challenge to plan a destination wedding, but Doug made everything so easy for us. He provided a timeline for us to follow throughout the night and made sure we got all our formal pictures done before the reception. His wife was his photography assistant at our wedding and she is just as professional and kind as Doug is. Our families were so impressed at how "they were everywhere" capturing every single moment! And that they did. We are so impressed with how our pictures came out! They are amazing and I can't thank Doug enough for capturing our special day. He even created a slide show for us with music that was awesome! I wish I could go back and do it all over again!

Doug - Thank you for capturing every single moment of our wedding day!! The pictures are amazing! We can't thank you enough for all your hard work!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2017

We couldn't be happier with the decision to work with Doug for our wedding. He was amazing! He captured great photos throughout the day for us; from getting ready thru the reception. He was familiar with our venue, Sugar Bowl Ski Resort, and had some great ideas of where to get great scenic shots. His energy was great, and i especially liked how he caught the essence of the moment without feeling too in-your-face. This was especially evident throughout our reception pictures. He is a true professional and was a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much Doug!!!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Geneva · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I are so happy we hired Doug to photograph our wedding! We got married just over a month ago now in Lake Tahoe- Zephyr Cove. From our engagement shoot to the big day, Doug was on point. He was very familiar with our venue and knew the best spots to capture the scenery. He took a lot of photos throughout the event (we went with the 7 hour package) and blended in really well. We received our photos in good time and we LOVE them. Can't wait to get started on an album. Go with Doug Miranda, you will be happy you did!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

When it comes to planning I'm such a procrastinator. I didn't start looking for an engagement and wedding photographer until March/April of this year and our wedding was coming up in August! I messaged Doug and got a response from him right away. I was happy to find out that he was available for our wedding date! The package we purchased also included an engagement session as well so that was a big plus. Doug was always quick to respond to my emails, very friendly and professional.

We took our engagement photos in Old Sac and UCD Arboretum. He did such a great job in coaching us on what to do because we had no idea on how to pose. When we received the photos back I could not believe how many great shots there were. I couldn't choose just a few to post to show our family and friends! :D

Before our wedding Doug called us to go over timeline and what types of photos we wanted which made the day of the wedding go by so much more smoothly. He also went to our wedding venue before the day to scope the area for ideas for our wedding day shoot! On the day of our wedding Doug was accompanied by his assistant who is also his wonderful sweet wife Christine! Doug made sure to keep us on track and took plenty of photos. They were non stop taking photos and I knew I would not be disappointed! I vaguely remember Doug telling me that the wedding photos should get back to me between 6-8 weeks but I got them in less than 1 month! Once again he exceeded our expectations!

Both my husband and I are so thankful for Doug and his amazing work. I can't stop looking at our photos! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Colleen · Married on 08/09/2017

I would definitely use Doug Miranda again and recommend his services to anyone getting married. The pictures turned out amazing and the breath taking scenery of lake Tahoe will give you chills. Very happy with the results.

Sent on 08/26/2017
  • Nadia

Nadia · Married on 06/24/2017

I highly, highly recommend Doug Miranda as a photographer for your wedding. He is clearly a professional and knows what he is doing. Every communication with him was clear and the speed at which he responds is amazing. From our initial contact, he was quick to answer questions. As a part of our package, we had engagement photos, which came out beautifully. We live in the Bay Area and we wanted snowy winter photos. Doug helped us decide which of the winter months would be the best in terms of photos, he also recommend that we go to Camp Richardson for our photos because it is a good mix of woods, mountains, and lake views. After we received those photos, I was confident that we made the right decision. As our wedding approached, Doug got back in touch with is to discuss logistics. We choose to hire a DOC and the communication between them was seamless which was a weight off of me. On the day of the wedding, Doug and his wife Christina took so many pictures it was amazing. They were clearly at our wedding because we have the photos but they were so unobtrusive that my husband and our guests as well as myself didn’t notice that they were they. The photos he took showed the emotion and love that was present throughout our day and for that I am so grateful. The day went by so fast and looking at the photos helped me remember parts that I had forgotten. We got our photos back very quickly in comparison to other people that I know who have been recently married. As an added bonus he created a YouTube video of some of our photos. As I watched it, I became overwhelmed with emotion because it took me back to that day. Now comes the hard part choosing just 90 photos from the 1,000+ that we received from high. Again, I highly recommend Doug!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Chloe · Married on 06/03/2017

We were looking for a photographer familiar with the South Lake Tahoe area and found Doug! We had Doug photograph our Engagement session and Wedding day. He makes the photoshoots easy and comfortable and will work with you to give you thousands of quality photographs for your special day. He is willing to get dirty or shoot from odd places just to get a great shot. Doug is very prompt with his correspondence and even if it is very busy wedding season, he will do his best to turn around the photographs back to you in the time he promised. I would definitely recommend hiring Doug as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2017

Doug was the most amazing vendor to work with. He kept us organized. Asking about schedules and timelines beforehand made sure the day went very smoothly. He was sure to grab photos like the examples we sent him and had a strict list of all family portraits to grab. This guy works hard for you! His assistant was so pleasant. She constantly made us laugh and straightened attire and held sunglasses for the best photo ops. Doug's website is easy to use. He gives you SO MANY photos to choose from. He's such a treat and I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2017

Doug is awesome!! We hired Doug to photograph our wedding in Lake Tahoe (May 2017). Being from out of town, we didn't know where to start. I happened upon his name on one of the wedding websites, read the reviews and pulled the trigger. It was a great decision! Doug is a fantastic photographer! Not to mention, very friendly and professional person. His response time to e-mails and inquiries were always quick, which is a godsend when you're juggling a million tasks.

We hired him for the 10 hour package (included engagement photos a few months before) and he did not disappoint! Doug has a good photographic eye. He also knows all the wedding venues (and surrounding areas) around this region of California/Nevada and knows locales to snap great photographs.

On the day of our wedding Doug was on point. He captured the ambiance of our wedding expertly. Although he took many photos, he wasn't intrusive - he blended in. Any time we wanted a particular photo during the reception, we waved him over and he was there in an instant.

Doug took photos that embodied our wedding perfectly. At over 1000 photographs, we could print ALL of them. We love all them. It helps us relive this amazing day again and again...which is the point of wedding photographs;)

Hire Doug Miranda as your wedding photographer and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

We came across one of Doug's photo albums while searching for our wedding venue in South Lake Tahoe, his photos spoke for themselves so we got in touch. Doug was easy to work with through the whole process. We took our engagement photos and had him and an assistant shoot our wedding and are thrilled with how all the photos turned out. Doug is equal parts professional and personable, he made it easier for us to be ourselves in front of the camera.

We had a late ceremony that required we take our photos before, including first looks. It wasn't our ideal timeline and we greatly appreciated that Doug hiked into the woods with us to get the shots we wanted. Doug insisted that we take a few more shots after the ceremony (right around sunset) on the lake near our reception venue. My husband and I both thought that taking photos at sunset by the lake, while beautiful would be a little 'much' for us. But we played along and didn't put up a fuss because we respected that Doug's a professional. And as expected, by anyone reading along, the photos are incredible and the ones we treasure the most from that day. Thank you Doug for all the hard work you put in to capture the day for us, and for being right about the sunset photos :)

Sent on 06/26/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/01/2017

Words cannot describe how amazing, professional, helpful and friendly Doug is! We used Doug for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day! His communication is amazing! Very responsive and always answered all of my questions…no matter how random or obvious that they were. My husband and I were very nervous because we are both more introverted and awkward when it comes to being the center of attention. But Doug gave us great instruction when we needed it when posing and it felt so easy and natural to be around him. He is so talented and we could see while he’s working how committed he is as well as how much he enjoys it :) You know you have a GREAT photographer when he’s on the ground and trucking through waist high grass to get that perfect shot or smiling as he looks at the picture he just took on the camera. Not only was Doug amazing, but his assistant, Emily was just as hard working and friendly on our wedding day. She captured amazing shots as well and was working right alongside Doug the whole day. When looking through our wedding pictures, I definitely feel as though Doug caught our love in moments that day and they make my heart happy :) If I have any other photography needs, I would book Doug again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Danovich · Married on 03/04/2017

Doug and his wife were absolutely amazing!!! They took photos of everything and captured some truly special moments for us. We showed the photos to our parents and there are moments he captured that make them tear up. My wife and I couldn't be happier with their work! They are wonderful people and they cater to whatever you want them to do. They came all the way from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe for our wedding in the middle of winter. It was so awesome that they did that for us! We are so glad that we chose Doug for our wedding photos! Thank you guys so much for everything--our photos are incredible!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sean · Married on 10/15/2016

Doug is an amazing photographer and was a joy to work with. Our wedding was outdoors in October, and, lucky us, it poured rain! For Doug it was no problem. He got us out to take photos before the downpour, and managed to get beautiful photos even with all of the water. He was especially good at capturing *that moment*--you know the one that you'll treasure forever. He also really knew how to work with the setting to create the most amazing and dramatic photos.

What else can I say?! If you need the best, get Doug!

Sent on 02/23/2017

David · Married on 10/08/2016

Doug did a fantastic job shooting both our wedding and our engagement shoot. He was incredibly easy to work with, responsive, responsible, and handled last minute changes (as there always are at weddings) with aplomb. We were more than thrilled with the results - all our families and friends couldn't believe how professional all the photos looked. I'd highly recommend Doug to all my friends and family!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Christi · Married on 10/01/2016

We love Doug! We found him on The Knot after doing tons of research on photographers, we knew he would be the best fit! Working with him was so easy, especially since we planned our Lake Tahoe wedding from New York City. Doug was able to fit us in for engagement photos in less than a week, and even drove over an hour to make our snowy photos a reality! On our wedding day, we got him- and his wife- for the price of one photographer. My husband and I are awkward people, but with the consistent direction and ideas from Doug our photos look incredible. There's a reason he's a favorite on the Knot! We would choose Doug again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Charlotte · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug and his wife Christine were wonderful to work with. We booked their 7-hour wedding package, and it was the perfect amount of time; they were able to capture me getting ready with my family, my now-husband, Louis, with his friends, sentimental moments throughout the day, ample family photos, hilarious dancing shots, and, of course, all the special little details: the dress, the shoes, the table settings, the bouquet, the boutonnieres.

Louis and I were admittedly nervous about getting our photos taken, so we opted to have Doug take our engagement photos in large part to loosen us up ahead of the big day. Doug was so friendly and easy to work with; he set us at ease and told us exactly what to do to capture some great shots.

As others have written in their reviews, Doug is prompt and reliable. He answers emails quickly (a must!), shows up on time, and is flexible when things don't go according to plan. And let's face it: when it comes to weddings, things never quite go according to plan!

Long story short, I highly recommend using Doug for your wedding photography.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Nina · Married on 09/11/2016

This review is long overdue. Doug Miranda and his assistant were absolutely fantastic! While planning our wedding I knew that finding a professional photographer was my number one priority. While searching for photographers on the Knot I came across one of Doug's photo albums and knew he was the one to hire. Since I have a photography background myself I was quite picky with the types of photos I wanted, but this was no challenge for Doug. We met in October in Grass Valley, CA for our engagement shoot. Doug was very personable and guided us through his process and made us feel very comfortably being in front of the camera. He was very open to suggestions and put his artistic spin on different angles and shots. Having the engagement session was great to get to know each other and made the wedding day so much more relaxed. We got married at Zephyr Cove, NV in the afternoon/evening. The photos came out beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I both highly recommend choosing Doug to capturing your most memorable day.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/27/2016

I recently was married at Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe. It was a destination wedding and I had never been there before so I was a bit nervous not knowing the location. From the minute I first spoke with Doug, I knew it was all going to go well. He shuffled his schedule around and was able to photograph our wedding . He had been to the site before and was able to describe the location and knew what shots to get. The photos were amazing. He was able to capture all the love and happiness of our day. All of our family and friends comment on the emotions you can feel when you look at our pictures.

Doug was very prompt with communications prior to the wedding with emails and phone calls, flexible, friendly and showed up right on time. He worked with our families well to get the family portraits and I got multiple comments on how nice our photographer is throughout our wedding day. He was always calm and patient. He was a pleasure to have at our wedding.

I would not change a thing about our wedding day including our photographer, Doug Miranda. I would highly recommend him for any family member, friend or acquaintance's wedding day.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Miriam · Married on 07/30/2016

If you want the best coverage of your special day from start to finish, Doug is your person!
    5.0 star rating 8/28/2016
    Our daughter and new husband hired Doug to cover their recent wedding up in Strawberry, Ca. His ability to capture not only the moments, but also the emotions and nuances of the entire day and evening makes the day come alive again and again as we look through the pictures. His use of light and his expertise of weaving the natural surroundings into the photos captures the essence of the festivities, from the preparations to the last dance, all was captured masterfully.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Katie · Married on 07/29/2016

Where do I begin......working with Doug Miranda and his wife was such a fun and memorable experience. My husband and I could not have picked a better person/team to capture one of the most special days in both of our lives. Not only is Doug a great photographer but such an easy person to work with. He is very prompt with emails and phone calls and turns around all photos in a timely fashion. If you are thinking about choosing Doug, do not look any further.....he is one of the best photographers I have ever met. He will make your wedding pictures look amazing. We cannot thank Doug enough for all of the amazing photos that we have capturing not only our Wedding Day but our Engagement Photos as well as entire family Christmas Photos.
    Thanks so much Doug!
    Derek & Katie West

Sent on 08/11/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/25/2016

GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER-we used Doug to capture our wedding/engagement photos. He was a pleasure to work with. We took our engagement photos at UC Davis Arboretum and they came out really nice. Our wedding photos were tricky because we didn't think he would be able to find any good locations to take our group and family photos-we were wrong the angles and lighting he captured gave the photos a different feel. You can tell he has captured several weddings because he helped keep us on track and close to schedule. And we received our photos within 2 weeks! His work is really good, I plan on contacting him again for family photos. He is highly recommended.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Candice · Married on 06/24/2016

Doug was our photographer for our June wedding at the Chateau at Incline Village.

The event was beautiful and went off without a hitch, in large part because of professionalism and expertise of all of our wedding vendors.

Working with Doug Miranda was awesome; he was very accommodating and responsive to our e-mails and phone calls, which was important to us as this was a destination wedding.

We recently received our wedding photos and could not be happier. Every detail was photographed and the pictures are beautiful. The collection of photos provide a wonderful timeline of the day and I can't help but smile each time I look at them.

Our family and friends all commented on the beauty of the wedding and the fun memories they shared with us that day, and now we have wonderful pictures to go along with these amazing memories. I would highly recommend Doug to anyone looking for a photographer in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Veronica · Married on 06/04/2016

We are SO please with our engagement and wedding pictures! Doug and his wife, Christine, were wonderful to work with - they kept the day on pace and never got frustrated with the craziness of family, etc. The pictures came back super fast, and they are beautiful! Doug was able to capture all our special moments as well as the uniqueness of our wedding. Additionally, Doug maintained excellent communication before, during, and after the wedding. He worked around our schedules and was very patient with last minute changes. Thank you, Doug!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Jason · Married on 05/14/2016

Doug is awesome and amazing! He's so easy to work with. He's flexible with schedule, style of photos, location of engagement shooting. Doug gave us suggestions when we asked. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls.

During the wedding reception and ceremony, my wife and I didn't notice him at all which is ideal. We just loved working with him. And the photos turned out beautiful and delivered by the time promised. Just call him already.

Sent on 06/11/2016