Doug Melvin Photography, Video & Photobooth LLC Reviews

36 | Columbus, OH

36 Reviews for Doug Melvin Photography, Video & Photobooth LLC

Meegan · Married on 08/31/2013

I have now worked with Doug both as a bride and as a wedding planner, I can't tell you how great he is! I had a great time getting both our engagement and wedding pictures done. Doug is very easy going and made the process relaxing.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Amy · Married on 06/29/2013

Doug worked very hard for us during our ceremony and reception and the pictures were fantastic!!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2012

Exceptional. Have recommended friends to him who have also booked with him. Friendly, easy to use, captures moments and not just photos. He was very reasonable too! He shows passion for his work and it shines through in the pictures he captures. We also had videography done by Doug, and it was like he wasn't even there but the videos were emotional and hilarious. Highly recommend. You will be very pleased if you do!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Adam · Married on 07/14/2012

Doug and Zach were absolutely great to work with. They were fun and professional and took some beautiful photos. It was also nice because once the event actually started they kept their presence pretty low key. Most of the time I didn't even realize they were there. I'd strongly recomend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Jody · Married on 10/01/2011

We really appreciate all you did with pictures and videoing at our daughters wedding. So many priceless pictures. You were able to capture every angle and so many facial expressions! Thank you so much. The price was Great and the service phenomenal.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Kara · Married on 08/27/2011

Every photo captured a perfect moment and was priceless. We can’t decide which our favorite picture is because they are all beautiful. Doug and his assistant had an eye for the ideal shot. We cannot thank them enough for the wonderful photos they took. They worked so well with our family and friends, very easy going, friendly and professional. Our family cannot get over how phenomenal the pictures are. We will always be able to remember our wedding day by looking at our pictures!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Merissa · Married on 06/10/2011

Doug is awesome to work with. He is very friendly, flexible and organized. He did a wonderful job. We ended up with 979 images and I love all of them.

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • akivia

akivia · Married on 04/16/2011

Doug and Rus were great!! They went above and beyond to make the wedding day great!! Doug was very involved and even the help the groom with some last minute prep when I (the Bride) was running a bit behind!

Sent on 04/25/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2012

Doug Melvin and his team were amazing to work with. From the planning and meetings ahead of time, to the engagement pics, to the actual event we were extremely satisfied. Doug went above and beyond by helping us with an amplifier, microphones, and speakers that were done as a favor. His pictures are artistic, but not too artsy that you forget it's a wedding. We also found Doug's prices to be very affordable.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Doug brought two assistants that captured our day amazingly! 8 hours of coverage in scorching heat. They were all willing to lend a hand and guide us in making things look even better. Outdoor ceremony and indoor reception were all shot beautifully. Thank you Doug and associates! Made my day look to others as amazing as it was for me!

Sent on 07/09/2013
  • Z

Zurguna Dada · Married on 11/08/2018

Worst Experience Ever

Worst experience of my life. It will be my one year anniversary from my wedding and I still do not have a complete wedding video from Doug and his team. I contracted them to do three parts of my wedding over two days and the actual wedding video starts at the middle of my wedding the entire first half is not included. Doug had advised he would update this and get back to me but it appears he has made it so my phone calls go straight to voicemail, he doesn't respond to my texts and emails either. If you just want photography I think it would be okay to work with his team (although I was promised a photo book that I paid for and I gave him the pictures i would like to be used in the photo book but I have not received anything about that book I paid for). Also I will say I did retake pictures at JcPenney since the ones taken by his team were just okay nothing more. But the video is the biggest issue. I mean first after recording over 15 hours of video footage I was given three 30 minute clips and told it was my wedding video. Then when I protested and said just give me everything unedited I got a wedding video where the entire first half of my wedding video was missing. I was promised that would be updated and added so I can actually watch the first half of my wedding but its been months at this point and no answers to calls, texts and emails. So I would def be aware of him and his team. Also I think part of the issue may be from the fact that he has like two businesses now so he is very busy which is why I have tried not to be negative as I understand this can be hard but at this point I don't see myself ever getting my wedding video or the photo book I paid for. So please be aware when booking with him and his team. Make sure anything and everything single thing you want is in writing, I kept trying to get him to write things in my contract but he would just be like ok ok I got you. Should have known right there this was a bad thing. I can recommend everyone who worked on my wedding from decorator to florist to cake person but NEVER DOUG MELVIN AND TEAM.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Doug Melvin Photography, Video & Photobooth LLC's reply:

We certainly appreciate this review, mainly to show contrast in what someone does to make us look bad, especially in the excellent services that we provide to are clients.

As mentioned, we were contracted to provide coverage for their wedding, which we had four staff photographers and videographers cover separate events over two days, The issue was never with the photography, and up to this point we were unaware that was an ever a problem. To be honest, the Client at the time was very happy with what was photographed and I only feel this was added to provide more issues to this review .

What the client failed to mention, they only paid for a video montage, (highlight) coverage that included highlights on three separate events over two days and also failed to mention that those events were mostly segregated.....which means instead of 15 hours of video, actuality was over 30 hours of combined video footage. captured. The video coverage was only suppose to be a less than a 1 hour highlight when edited. I tried to explain this to the client, which it was impossible to include everything in the video and no matter what we tried to include, something was going to be left out. Over several conversations with the client, they refused to understand the reasoning and have tried to force us in to providing three full length separate videos ...something they obviously did not paid for.