Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center Reviews

4.2 out of 5 rating
    4.3 out of 5 rating

Samantha Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Brianna brought my elaborate vision to life and it was everything I could have wanted and more! We had so much positive feedback from our guests about how delicious the food was! Brianna did a great job working with my other vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly. I highly recommend booking your reception at the Doubletree.
  • Deanna
    Deanna Married on 10/15/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We have booked the venue for our upcoming wedding and reception. We have went for our tasting and they were very tentitive with our needs, concerns and where happy to provide recommedations. We ended up having our rehearsal dinner there as well. Kimmie was very tentive throughout the entire process. From the time we checked in until we checked out the entire venue and staff were awesome. The pricing, spaciousness and location was what sold us on securing them for our nuptials. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event. It is very clean, all the food is great and again the staff are awesome.
  • User2166499 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I love this hotel! The wedding coordinator was great! She made sure that everything was perfect and went as scheduled. The food was great. They made sure that we had enough rooms blocked off for my guest, they also made sure that everything was set up beautifully. The package they put together was really reasonable in price. They made sure my reception was beautiful with out me going over budget.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • User1690403 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our reception at the DoubleTree and it was beyond perfect. Kimmie was so helpful in answering questions, setting up meetings with catering, and making sure that everything ran so smoothly during our wedding weekend. The venue was decorated exactly how I would have done it if I had to do it myself. Everything was incredible. The space was also big enough to hold our rather large wedding party while allowing out of town guests to stay in the same location.
  • Smoothcello007
    Martania Married on 04/03/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kimmie (Catering Director) managed my beautiful ceremony and reception décor. It exceeded every expectation I could possibly have. I always thought the Doubletree team did beautiful work based on the pictures I saw but to see everything in person was just amazing. I received a ton of compliments. My guests and I are still in awe of the work they did. I really loved the added gold overlays (recommended by Kimmie) put on tables was fantastic. I know it was designed with my taste in mind but that was the prettiest one I have ever seen. And the food was awesome too!! My sister (MOH) had seconds!! So, thank you so much again, Kimmie (and Doubletree). You really were able to create what I had envisioned all along. I am so glad I got the chance to work with you. I do have a friend or two getting married this year, so I'm definitely telling them to go see you!! =)
    June Married on 06/16/2012
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I really enjoyed working with the folks at the Monroeville Doubletree. Our contact there, Kimmie Fitzhugh-Kelly, was extremely pleasant, helpful and communicative. She really did everything that she could to help us achieve our vision for the wedding, which included a lot of DIY decorative details that she and her staff were happy to set up for us. Although I didn’t have much of an appetite at the reception, our guests definitely enjoyed the food and the open bar package. I will say that I think the food at our tasting was better than what was served at the reception – but we were REALLY impressed with the tasting, so that’s merely a question of the degree of satisfaction. We would definitely recommend them for service, competence, and generally being pleasant and enthusiastic people to work with.
    Nina Married on 11/30/2013
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Overall, I'd say our experience with the Doubletree was positive. The ballroom looked gorgeous and was decorated exactly as I asked. In addition, the food was good. We were especially happy with the personal waiter for the bridal party that night, Armando. He went above and beyond to make us happy and it was truly appreciated. Kimmie, the director, was also great. Any issues that we had we were able to work out in a way that made us happy. Also, the prices of the packages and what you get at the Doubletree is unbeatable. I really liked that it was presented to us in a way that we knew the costs of everything included the taxes and service fees so that there were no surprises.

There were some hiccups that came up along the way, but it didn't ruin our night. I was a bit disappointed that when I arrived before the reception no one was able direct me to where the wedding party was supposed to go. (Granted, we were a little early). We had a private room during the cocktail hour and no one seemed to be able to tell us where that room was located. We made it there okay but, I nearly cried when the guy at the front desk told me there wasn't a private room.

Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center's reply:

Nina - We are pleased that you had a great time at the wedding. Again, my apologies for being late to my station at the lobby to greet you. The room looked amazing with your colors and centerpieces. It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you the best in the many years ahead.

Congratulations!
    Warm Regards,
    Kimmie Fitzhugh-Kelly
    Brad Married on 09/22/2012
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Great service by the staff prior to and during our reception. They provide many options in appetizers and dinner meals. The food was delicious; steaks were impressively cooked perfectly medium for everyone. The site was well decorated and a great space for our reception.
    Melody Married on 04/06/2013
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything was beautiful! They were very helpful to all of my other vendors. The wait staff was truly spectacular, they went above and beyond for us.
    Genea Married on 08/17/2012
    3.9 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
    I was truly blessed by my experience with the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville as I was planning my wedding from out of town. The overall cost was reasonable, and it was a great location for the local family and those driving into town. Kimmie Fitzhugh-Kelly was very attentive to all of my requests and questions even up to a couple of days before the wedding. The ballroom was set up beautifully for the reception. All the things that I had requested were done well or even better than I had expected. There were some mix ups with some of the guest rooms, but they were resolved. Overall, I would recommend the Doubletree.
  • User1328016 2+ years ago
    3.8 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    Overall did a great job with the wedding. Just did not prefer the space/the way the hall looked
    Chris Married on 05/06/2017
    3.6 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Room and group organizer were amazing. Shuttle driver was absolutely terrible! So much this went from 5 star to a 3.6. Besides that everything else was great. Super clean and really nice rooms!

Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the shuttle drive. While the shuttle drivers are not employed by the Doubletree they are an extension of our team. I will make sure to address this with VisitMonroeville to ensure we are address your feedback accordingly.
    Andrea Married on 03/31/2012
    3.6 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    They were very hard to get a timely response from when we had questions during the planning. They wouldn't allow my wedding planner into the room to decorate until 45 minutes before guest arrival, because there had been another event going on earlier. I feel that there should have been better timing on the Doubletree's end. Despite all of this, our reception went beautifully. Everyone raved about the food!
    Shannon Married on 06/23/2012
    3.4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    Overall, the room was breathtaking day of. When the doors opened, there was a gasp from everyone waiting (according to my mom). The uplighting added a nice touch. Everything (like guest book, etc) was in the place I had requested. The appetizers and food were very good too. Kimmie, the event coordinator, is very good at her job and wonderful to work with. We had one issue and that was with the rooms. Our main reason for choosing this place was that we wanted a hotel wedding so our guests could stay over. We booked our block of rooms over a year in advance and were told we could add more as the date approached. So about 4 months before our day, I called to add more and was informed that the hotel was sold out. This was before invitations went out or anything. We were devested since we knew many of our friends wanted to stay over. After many meetings and phone calls, we did get 10 more rooms added but not without a headache. No one from the hotel seemed to understand why we might be upset that they gave blocks of rooms to groups not having functions at their hotel without checking with people who are having an event at the hotel. Overall it was a beautiful reception but be sure to stay on top of the block and add rooms early!!