96 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Downtown & Kyoto Gardens

Server(s) (2)
Dessert (1)
Outside Cake (1)
Signature Drink (1)

We've celebrated our day wedding on the last saturday at doubletree by hilton dtla
The venue specially the kyoto garden located inside the hotel is amazing and goes perfectly for guests around 150 people
the waterfall sound, flowers, many greens everywhere also the ball room with a beautiful sunshine.. every details matches perfectly for couples that are planning the outdoor ceremony and inside reception as we did. Specially the catering manager Rebecca Young and her assistant Aeri, they are sooo good on teamworks and really well organized for events.
I really can't stop to recommend this place to all the couples who are planning their wedding. Worth it!

Profile Picture Helen, 4/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Seriously- get married here!! The catering team and wedding coordination team is world class, phenomenal. ALL my friends who recently had weddings kept telling me how easy they made it. I had no idea but apparently some caters and venues really nickle dime wedding events but this team has a generosity that even impressed our recently married guests. This team is experienced, they know how to respond to every possible situation that can arise. They were consistently gracious and solution oriented, even when I was " a little stressed". :-) They got you covered.

Profile Picture Natalie & Matthew, 3/24/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

Ayda and Rosalind were so nice and helpful in getting our wedding block of rooms. They were very responsive and accommodating. They made the process very easy for us!

Profile Picture F, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel

When we decided we wanted an outdoor garden wedding, we didn't expect that we would actually find it quickly, and right in the heart of Los Angeles no less! Despite it being in Downtown, it didn't feel like so because of their lush garden and amazing waterfall which basically is the only thing you'll hear. Everyone were taking photos! Add to that their amazing food and great service (Thank you Aeri, Gloria and Rebecca!); they really worked with us so that we could get the perfect wedding and be treated as VIPs. They were so accommodating that they even let us borrow 1 additional room, in addition to the 1 that is already complementary in our package. So we basically had a bride and groom suite! That made things so relaxing for us. Icing on the top is the cost as it is relatively cheap compared to the others we looked at, also considering how much we were getting. So glad we found this venue.

Profile Picture Patrick, 12/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Set Up, Cash Bar

WE could not be happier with the way our event was handled. All the arrangements from the beginning were as planned and with great communication from our contact Aeri we always knew what was to be expected. The event started a little late and the hotels event floor manager Carlos was flexible and made changes in the schedule that made the event come off as planned.
I do not think it was possible to have this event better handled from the great food, to the cleanliness of the gardens, patio, and reception hall.
IT was PERFECT- Great Job !! Thank you to a great staff from the front office to the cooks and service staff !

Profile Picture Jerry, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I just got married exactly 3 weeks ago from today! I feel truly lucky to find this venue. I set up an appointment with Mrs. Gloria, and as soon as I walked in to the venue, I fell in LOVE. I absolutely loved the kyoto garden and it was the ONE I was looking for! The garden and the waterfall was just so beautiful. the next day, me and my fiance (at that time) came together and we signed the contract. We still talk about how the garden was pretty and just perfect for us. Mrs. Gloria and Ms. Aeri were so helpful from the start to end. Every time I meet them, they are always smiling and welcoming. They were always supportive, made sure everything runs smooth. We had the ceremony at the Kyoto Garden and the reception in the Ball Crane Ballroom. The ballroom had amazing full view of the garden. Oh and the food! We got so many compliments from our guests about the FOOD! We had prime rib and pan seared sea bass. The food was soooooo delicious! They have a good menu selection you can choose from. Everything was just wonderful. I am so delighted to find this venue and have Mrs. Gloria and Ms. Aeri as my coordinator. Just take a tour of the Kyoto Garden. You will love it too! I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Min, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Uncovered Outdoor, Plated, Tastings, Parking

I had the wedding of my dreams thank you double tree team !

Profile Picture Ana, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married on Sept. 03, 2017. We both want a rooftop, city wedding. We were very lucky to have found this venue. We had a morning ceremony and lunch reception.

Our initial consultation and tour was with Gloria. During our consultation, we felt her sincerity to provide the perfect wedding for us. This is something we didn't feel when my husband and I visited other wedding venues and consultants.

During the entire process, we worked with Rebecca and Aeri. They were very accommodating, helpful, and reliable. We are very grateful for the entire catering team. From the food, venue, and to every single detail, their services were amazing.

We cannot thank you enough for making our dream wedding come true. :-)

Profile Picture Jenn, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a perfect wedding here! From our initial inquiry until our wedding day, the catering team at this hotel have been exemplary beyond words! When Ms. Rebecca Young gave us the venue tour and we saw the green garden, flowers, waterfall, rooftop views - we knew this venue was the one! Photos of the garden already look pretty online, but it’s even prettier in person! The Thousand Cranes Ballroom, where we had our reception, offers an entire wall with floor to ceiling windows that look out to the garden.

Ms. Gloria Guiles and Ms. Aeri Cho were our main points of contact during the ceremony and banquet planning process. They were very accommodating to the requests that we had including changes to the meals, working with our budget, and changes to the timeline. They were thorough with all the details, and were always available via phone or email for all of our questions, concerns, and emotional support. They truly cared about making the entire process as stress-free as possible for us.

The food was exceptional. We chose to have a three-option buffet dinner. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food - get the sea bass! The catering is very accommodating with requests. During our initial tasting, we felt some of the proteins, specifically the steak, were overcooked. Since they would be finishing in a chafing dish, we requested the steak be cooked slightly less. We also requested changes to the salads. They fulfilled all of our requests without hesitation.

The Kyoto Garden and Thousand Cranes Ballroom were the perfect size space for our wedding of 110 guests. Our out of town guests loved the convenience of having a wedding at a hotel because it eliminates the need for additional transportation arrangements. Guests also enjoyed the many restaurants and markets that are within walking distance from the hotel. We are so happy to have found this venue. Thank you Ms. Gloria, Ms. Aeri, and Ms. Rebecca for making our wedding so perfect!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a perfect wedding at DoubleTree DTLA! From our initial inquiry until our wedding day, the catering team at this hotel have been exemplary beyond words! When Ms. Rebecca Young gave us the venue tour and we saw the green garden, flowers, waterfall, rooftop views - we knew this venue was the one! Photos of the garden already look pretty online, but it’s even prettier in person! The Thousand Cranes Ballroom, where we had our reception, offers an entire wall with floor to ceiling windows that look out to the garden.

Ms. Gloria Guiles and Ms. Aeri Cho were our main points of contact during the ceremony and banquet planning process. They were very accommodating to the requests that we had including changes to the meals, working with our budget, and changes to the timeline. They were thorough with all the planning details, and were always available via phone or email for all of our questions, concerns, and emotional support. They truly cared about making the entire process as stress-free as possible for us.

The Kyoto Garden and Thousand Cranes Ballroom were the perfect size space for our wedding of 110 guests. Our out of town guests loved the convenience of having a wedding at a hotel because it eliminates the need for additional transportation arrangements. Guests also enjoyed the many restaurants and markets that are within walking distance from the hotel. We are so happy to have found this venue. Thank you Ms. Gloria, Ms. Aeri, and Ms. Rebecca!!
Julie and Hien

Profile Picture Julie, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very kind and profssional services

Profile Picture Heela, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The sales, events and catering teams were awesome. Ayda Ohan and Rosalind Pargas were terrific. Our wedding rehearsal dinner, guest sleeping rooms and catered breakfasts were the perfect set up for having a wedding ceremony at the nearby Vibiana Cathedral.

Profile Picture James, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

So Gloria Guiles and Aeri Cho over at the Double Tree Inn in Downtown Los Angeles had helped me and my wife plan our special day they were so wonderful and helpful to our special requests. Also they were so understanding when we had to change the date of our wedding from November 2017 to May 2017 due to unforeseen circumstances. The value of the venue of the Kyoto Garden in downtown LA was something that I am continuously grateful for as my wife and I were definitely trying to do everything on a budget. The double tree will be a continuous smile to my face whenever I pass it by in downtown LA.

Profile Picture Paul, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

super nice!!! great service.....keep it up!

Profile Picture User7520715, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Gloria and Aeri along with the beautiful venue was an amazing and magical experience!
Guests, families, and everyone mentioned how much they loved the venue and service on our wedding day. It mas everything we wished for plus even more! Two thumbs up!!

Profile Picture Minae-Bennet, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We originally visited the DoubleTree Los Angeles as a venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We fell in love with the Kyoto Garden and adjoining Thousand Cranes Room. However, it could not accommodate the size of our party. So we booked a different venue downtown for that. But then when we realized we needed a venue for our morning Tea Ceremony (a traditional part of the Chinese wedding that did not require as much room), we thought the Kyoto Garden was perfect for this! We worked with Gloria and Aeri to get everything set up, and they were professional and responsive throughout the entire process. We even booked the hotel as the place for all our out-of-town guests to stay, as the venue for the post-wedding Sunday brunch, and booked the Garden View Suites for ourselves (which provided a great backdrop for our "getting ready" pictures). All our guests raved about the beauty of the Kyoto Garden. Even though it was in downtown LA, the garden felt intimate and private. We could not have been happier with the ceremony there!

Profile Picture Lynn, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The sales manager was extremely helpful and dedicated to ensuring the event was a success. Constantly provide reassurance that everything was going to be fabulous. Continuously work with us, providing access to the banquet hall when I need it for design reference. The day of the wedding the staff was available a tentative and extremely nice and supportive . I highly recommend the Doubletree for any high-profile events.

Profile Picture Hector, 2/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole wedding process went very smooth with Doubletree hotel. Communication was prompt and timely. Hotel was very accommodating when we had to change the event date change and moving from outdoor wedding to indoor wedding due to a rain. At the end of the day, we and our guests were very delighted the way the wedding went and how pleasantly we were treated by the event staffs. Strongly recommend for hosting your important event.

Profile Picture jun, 1/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is the draw. The Kyoto Garden is beautiful! They know what they are doing as they host hundreds of event every year. So the packages are easy to navigate and affordable.

Profile Picture Akilah, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We planned a 6 month engagement at the DoubleTree Hotel Downtown Los Angeles Kyoto Gardens and it went amazing! We had one of our first dates walking through the gardens so it made it sentimental to also get married there. Patrick and Aeri were our contacts, and they were thee best to work with. Having our sweetheart table on a sunny day in the middle of a rainy month with the water reflecting on the ceiling above us and the beautiful garden behind us was the dreamiest scenario that I could think to have on the biggest day of my life as a bride. The gardens were beautifully maintained and gorgeous, many compliments there as well! My pictures with the lush green garden popped so well with my bridesmaids colors of sangria and plum. We got compliments on the food... and the cookies of course!

Our room for the evening (complimentary with Princess package) was a nice treat! They gave us an extra gift as well to celebrate! If I were to do it all over again, I'd choose DoubleTree Downtown again and again. Thanks to the staff that helped make it an amazing day for me, my friends and family. We highly recommend this venue to have for your wedding!

Profile Picture Rachelle, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance and I feel in love with the DoubleTree from the moment we met with Gloria, the catering manager. We felt so welcomed from start to finish. The staff at the DoubleTree was amazing accomodating our last minute changes, ordering my fiance's favorite burbon, exceeding our expectations. The Thousand Crane ballroom was perfect for our Japanese themed wedding with a breathtaking view of the garden. We had such a wonderful experience and will be sure to keep them in mind for our future events!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Patrick Rafferty and Aeri Cho were wonderful wedding managers/coordinators. Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly if it were not for there promptness and expertise. I would highly recommend anyone getting married to go the Doubletree. They would be in good hands under Patrick and Aeri.

Profile Picture Eric, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Kyoto Gardens on the rooftop of this hotel is absolutely gorgeous! Very little additional decoration needed. The venue coordinator and her assistant, Gloria and Aeri, have been absolutely helpful throughout the entire hectic process of planning a wedding. Gloria is also one of the most fun and sweet people you could meet :) Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6275496, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ms Gloria and Ms Aeri were the best...extremely helpful...they really made it stress free

Profile Picture Sarai, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning