165 Reviews for Double Platinum DJ Service

Video Projection (2)
Flat Screen (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Disco Ball (1)

This review is currently being verified.

We absolutely loved having Double Platinum DJ Service for our wedding. Meeting with Bill to talk through all our options was a breeze. Everything was clear and we were able to customize the service exactly how we wanted.
On the day of our event, DJ Chris was great! He did the music for our ceremony and for the reception. He had exactly the right songs that we wanted for every part of the event. He kept people on the dance floor all night!
I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Double Platinum DJ for our wedding reception and would highly recommend them! The owner, Bill, was extremely helpful and responsive in addressing our questions from our initial consultation to the big day. The colored up-lighting and customized monogram that Double Platinum DJ offered looked incredible at our venue. We were matched with DJ Rob, who patiently walked through with us our detailed schedule for the wedding and our music tastes. He gave speakers a heads up before their toasts and made sure that the transitions during the night were smooth and seamless. He also catered exactly to our music preferences and kept our guests dancing all night long! We had the best time at our reception and DJ Rob played a critical role in making the night awesome!

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very professional, catered to our every need, and music was perfect for our big day!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/5/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Video Projection, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We booked Double Platinum DJ Service for my parent's surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary. Our DJ, David, was awesome! He was very attentive to anything we needed and very accommodating. All of the guests talked about how great the music was and what a great mix of genres and songs he played. I would strongly recommend!

Profile Picture Andrea, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Double Platinum DJ for our wedding this past weekend and I couldn't be more impressed! From the very beginning, Bill was wonderful to work with and gave us lots of advice for uplighting as well! Leading up to the big day, it was so easy to communicate with Bill and our AMAZING DJ Chris! Chris had the booklet that we filled out for him and completed all of our first song requests perfectly! He then kept the dance floor full with his awesome music choices! We heard all night how awesome the songs were! We can't thank Double Platinum enough for their wonderful DJ and services! We would recommend them to anyone looking to have an awesome DJ that can keep the fun going all night long!

Profile Picture Kelli, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
3.0

Overall we were happy...until the day of the wedding. Until that point they were professional and responsive, but sadly we were thrown a number of curveballs on our wedding day, including not following through with promised uplighting, failure to properly display a lighted monogram, and sending a different DJ than promised who failed to introduce some of the wedding party, did not stick to the recommended song list, and needed the groom’s assistance in setting up the video projector. We would not recommend using their services for anything important like a wedding, especially given the cost of their services and lack of responsiveness in resolving the issues stated.

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I am a planner and booked Double Platinum back in early 2016 and my wedding was just this past weekend on 10/7/17. They always were very efficient at responding to emails throughout the process and always nice and thorough with any questions that came up. I got compliments all night on our DJ, Nolan, he was a blast and I'm still being told how great he was keeping everyone on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Double Platinum! They were amazing!

Profile Picture User5333258, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Microphones, Uplighting

We LOVED our DJ, Ryan . We met with DP after they did a friends wedding last summer that was awesome. They were very professional and had worked at our venue many times. We were a little nervous that we didn't know which of their dj's we would be assigned, but the owner assured us that we could meet with them if we requested. We ended up not meeting with him after talking to him on the phone and deciding we trusted the company and trusted him to do a great job. The music was aaamazing and he kept the party going all night long. He was flexible, dependable, and fun. He took our list (big list) of music we wanted and made it all flow and added in some awesomeness. We are not so into the emcee DJ's that talk a lot and are goofy, so we requested that there just be music and him help with the timeline, but not really extra on top of that. He had the perfect level of interaction that we were looking for, and he ran everything so smoothly. He did our ceremony and that went off without a hitch. He was awesome!!! Thanks so much Ryan for making our wedding day so fun and memorable!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved David! He was great, personable and no one really left the dance floor and if they did it was to go to the photo booth. Such a great night!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had DJ David for our wedding and the guy was the absolute best to work with. I put off pretty much everything until about 2 weeks before our wedding and David still killed it the entire night. Sound, lighting, mc-ing was so much better than I could have asked for and the entire staff at DP went above and beyond for us even though it was completely my fault for waiting until the last minute to get them all of our information. If you are having a wedding in Lake Geneva, specifically at Maxwell Mansion then there is no reason to even think about another vendor. These guys are awesome!

Profile Picture Kramer, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Double Platinum is THE best DJ service I have ever experienced. We kept going back-and-forth between a band or a dj and could not be happier with our final choice. They are responsive, accommodating, understanding and fun. Bill (the owner) is so down to earth and helpful, and assigned us the perfect dj for the evening. Conner, our wedding dj, could not have been more nice. He showed up early, stayed late, made sure we were comfortable with how things were going through the night, and really had such a great talent at reading the crowd.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend these guys!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DPDJ was awesome. They performed everything we asked and were super accommodating. Our #1 goal from our DJwas to keep everyone on the dance floor all night long and they did just that! We had so many people raving about how much fun they had dancing the night away. The CO2 blasts were super awesome and really helped kickoff the night. We wanted the feels of a night club atmosphere and that's exactly what they accomplished with DJ Chris mashing up songs live so it was definitely not like they showed up with a generic playlist and hit play. Our slideshow on the 3D mapping was super cool because it wasn't such a boring, generic slideshow that we've all seen time and time again. The uplighting added a really cool vibe to the room. DPDJ is really cutting edge and way ahead of the curve compared to most if not all other DJ services. I would use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Alex Paszkowski

Profile Picture Alex, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I decided we wanted to go with Double Platinum based on some recommendations we'd heard from friends of friends, and we were even more excited when we were able to select our DJ. Unfortunately, while things fell through the day of our wedding, Double Platinum sent another DJ who was completely informed and carried everything out without a hitch. (Of note, I remember asking when I first interviewed them what happens if our DJ is unavailable, and they indicated they usually only hire out half of their staff just in case of the worse case scenarios! I thought that was an incredible response). We were incredibly impressed with how smoothly things went with the new DJ, even though we'd been talking to a different one the entire time. We still don't know what happened, but we and our guests had a fantastic time! From the ceremony to cocktail hour, dinner to dancing, it was everything we planned and hoped for.

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had DJ David for our wedding and we could not have been more happy! He was everything we could have asked of a DJ and more! He was very communicative and was easy to approach if we had any questions. He also checked-in with us mutiple times to make sure everything was going well and to see if there is anything he could help with to make the party better. Our dance floor was completely full from the first song to the last and everybody we talked to had an awesome time. Many even complimented David for being awesome and for his attentiveness to the party guests.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Prior to our wedding day, I was a bartender at a wedding venue and had met plenty of DJs. We worked with DJ Double Platinum quite frequently and I always loved their DJs. Everyone was always so nice and they knew how to keep the party going all night. My favorite part of the wedding was the dancing! The lighting was absolutely stunning, and the music was on point. Rob was our DJ and he was very fun to work with. I absolutely loved having them as our DJ and would highly recommend any of the DJs to future brides!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dancing is my favorite part of any wedding reception, and Double Platinum DJ kept everyone dancing until the very end! Extremely friendly staff, very organized, willing to customize everything to your event, and incredibly talented in keeping the party going throughout the entire event. Uplighting is included in the DJ price which I took for granted until I saw how they transformed my wedding venue such that it surpassed my vision for the space! 100% recommend them!!

Profile Picture Becki, 12/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Double Platinum is amazing!!! We had DJ Matt for our entire wedding day of 10 hours! He was fabulous! Played all the songs we had requested and is very high energy and kept the dance floor happening! The up lighting made a very nice touch to our ceremony and then he jazzed it up with fun colors for the reception.

Profile Picture Joelle, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Double Platinum DJ Service is the best and a real life saver! Three short weeks before my wedding, the DJ that I had booked since last December canceled on me. Bill was able to book with me for my wedding on October 1st - such a life saver!! Right off the bat, Bill made me feel very comfortable and confident in his business. I was able to trust Bill and his company very quickly. DJ Connor got in touch with me in a timely manner to review the timeline for the evening. When my husband and I got to the hotel before the reception started, DJ Connor was there and all set up. He even showed us the uplighting to make sure that we liked it - we LOVED it! DJ Connor was also very flexible with changing the timeline as needed and to help keep us on track with time. DJ Connor kept everyone on the dance floor up until our last song! I recommend Double Platinum DJ Service to EVERY Bride and Groom out there!!! Can't say enough great things about them!

Profile Picture User7198270, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day
3.9

Had seen Double Platinum in action at other weddings and the DJ did a great job. With our wedding, the DJ was supposed to call us a week before our wedding to go over details. I received an email 2 days before the wedding saying that the DJ never received the song book in the mail from the DP office, so I emailed a copy. He called me right before our rehearsal the next day. It was a somewhat brief call, but I had many other things I needed to focus on.
The day of, he was a little late in setting up for the cocktail hour. Songs we specified to play during the dancing portion of our reception, he played during cocktail hour and dinner. We specified to only take music requests from the bride or groom, and he took requests from guests. One or two songs on our 'Do NOT play' list he played at the request of guests. When he strayed from our play list, he didn't read the crowd well and there were songs no one was familiar with (no one was dancing on a dance floor that was otherwise packed all night) so I told him to cut to a different song.
Again, great company, but the DJ selected for our wedding wasn't a good fit and wasn't prepared.

Profile Picture Susan, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Double Platinum DJ was wonderful to work with! They are extremely professional and are the best at what they do. We had Alex as our DJ and he was AMAZING! All of our friends and family were dancing the whole night! Everyone had such a blast! I would highly recommend Double Platinum DJ to all of our family and friends! They definitely made our wedding reception perfect!!!

Profile Picture User7418694, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Alex had our dance floor packed the whole night! Great communication with Bill prior to the wedding, getting everything set up for us, and DJ Alex did a great job checking in with us throughout the night to see if we had any special requests. The uplighting and monogram also looked fantastic! Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Uplighting, One Event Per Day

We booked Double Platinum DJ for our wedding + were very happy we did. We had DJ Damian for our day and he was wonderful and a pleasure to work with. Not only did he play everything we asked for, but he also had the dance floor filled the entire evening up until the very end! We will be recommending DJ Damion + Double Platinum DJ to anyone who is looking for a DJ service. Thank you guys for being a huge part of our perfect day!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had David Hall for our wedding and he was fantastic! He showed up on time and set up for both our outdoor ceremony and our reception. He played a great mix of music based on the information we had given him. He was very friendly and we received many compliments on him!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the best experience with Double Platinum DJ. Bill responded to my phone call almost immediately- they know what real customer service is like. He paired us with the DJ Chris- they provided uplighting, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, they played our eclectic music selections and we had an incredible time. They made our ballroom look more beautiful than I could have imagine. Truly blessed and so happy everything worked out the way it did. If I could go back, I would choose them in a heartbeat! Thanks for everything guys!

Profile Picture User4813680, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews