56 Reviews for Dorothy's Floral Studio

Single Flowers (3)
Clean Up (2)
Aisle Decor (2)
56 Dorothy's Floral Studio Reviews

Dorothy was absolutely incredible! I don’t know a thing about flowers so I shower her some pictures and let her do her thing and they turned out STUNNING! She created a gorgeous cascading bouquet for me and I wish it would last forever. She was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 1/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

All I can say is: BOOK DOROTHY!!! Wow. My flowers were absolutely beyond my imagination or dream. I am an out-of-town bride and from the very beginning Dorothy was nothing but the nicest, sweetest, and most helpful person to work with. Through emails, Skype morning coffee meeting, and phone calls from her to ensure she got the ribbon I was looking for, she was absolutely wonderful to work with. I got my bouquet - which was absolutely magazine quality perfection - as well as my five bridesmaids and mom/grandma corsages. Everything was wrapped perfectly for pick-up and looked stunning. It's a few days after my wedding and I am still getting compliments! Save yourself time and just book Dorothy for all your wedding flowers - you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katrina, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Corsages, Consultations

Dorothy was great! She is very professional and knowledgeable. She executed our vision perfectly. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. The cost was very reasonable.

Profile Picture User6187693, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery

We love Dorothy! She is absolutely amazing to work with! I had pictures and ideas of what I wanted and for the most part knew what colors I wanted, but she helped me solidify the colors that would make the bouquets look just right. On our wedding day, I was so stunned by how beautiful my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets turned out. She also did the floral decorations for the aisle chairs at our ceremony, provided petals for the aisles, boutonnieres, corsages, and the flowers for our cake. All of these turned out beautiful beyond words! Thank you so much, Dorothy!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The flowers at our wedding were absolutely stunning. Dorothy took time to listen to my vision and was flexible as I changed little things along the way during the wedding planning process. From the gorgeous, lush bouquets to the beautiful centerpieces and details on our cake, Dorothy's work was simply amazing. Dorothy's attention to detail is incredible and she is very enjoyable to work with. Thank you Dorothy!!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I am so, SO happy I heard about Dorothy through a friend's recommendation. Dorothy is AWESOME, first off, but also so communicative, knowledgeable, and helpful. I came into my initial consultation knowing ZERO about flowers. I knew my color scheme, and had a few pinterest pictures, but Dorothy filled in the rest. When I pointed to flowers in a picture that I was hoping to have, she immediately knew "oh that's this and that's that," and also what flowers would be in season at the time of my wedding. Dorothy also works out of her home, so there's no overhead costs for things like a storefront, which means she is SUPER affordable. At one point I asked her if she could provide me (for a charge) cylindrical vases for my centerpieces, and her exact words were "I could take your money for that, or you could just go to Hobby Lobby and buy those vases for $1 each." She understands client price sensitivities, and really made sure to take that into consideration when working with me.

When the flowers finally arrived day of, my first reaction was "HOLY SH*T." They were the most beautiful arrangements I had ever seen. Dorothy is clearly an artist who could probably charge a hell of a lot more for her services, but because of her love the job and dedication to her clients, she makes sure that her services are still accessible and affordable.

I would choose her 1000 times over! But brides, if you are interested in Dorothy make sure you book her FAST! I understand she's very popular in the area (thank goodness I had somewhat of an off-season wedding), and because she wants to be able to devote enough time and energy to each client, she makes sure not to overbook herself. Book her, you will not be disappointed, and you can rest assured that Dorothy will be there for you! Thank you so much for everything Dorothy!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Consultations, Delivery

I would absolutely recommend that you use Dorothy's Floral Studio for your special occasion. Dorothy was a pleasure to work with and her prices were very reasonable. Dorothy was very friendly, responsive, and accommodating. I'm not a big flower person and don't know much about them. I went into my initial meeting with Dorothy without a clue of what I wanted. The only thing I knew is that I wanted a lot of purple, which, of course, is a hard color for flowers. Dorothy was patient and listened to me go on and on about things I didn't like greenery, fillers, floppy flowers, etc. She took the time to pull up pictures of purple flowers to show me ideas and exchanged pictures with me via email after I left. I knew our flowers were in good hands and that they would end up looking great.

When it came to the big day, she didn't disappoint. She knocked it out of the park!! I was speechless when I walked into the bridal room and saw my bouquet as well as my bridesmaids' and flower girl's. They were BEAUTIFUL. Dorothy and her team did a great job setting up the venue too!! We received tons of compliments on our floral arrangements throughout the evening. Everyone talked about how the flowers made the space come alive. Overall, I was very impressed with Dorothy and would definitely recommend that everyone use her for their flower needs.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

I was obsessed with my flowers! From start to finish, my experience with Dorothy was A+ customer service. We had a fantastic initial consultation where we covered everything we needed and then some. Based on everything I wanted, the flowers I chose, getting married during a popular month, etc., I thought the price would be astronomical. It was not! Dorothy offered us such a fair price that we stayed UNDER our budget. Our wedding was this past Saturday, and I think it's fair to say almost every single guest raved about our flowers and wanted to know who did them. Dorothy was the first vendor I secured based on her outstanding reputation and I could not be happier that I chose her. Make her one of your first calls if you are getting married in or around the Kalamazoo area!

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers

Dorothy did a fantastic job with the flowers for my wedding. The floral arrangements were beautiful and everything turned out just as I had hoped for. She arrived early on the day of my wedding and had all the arrangements done well before the start of the ceremony. The planning process went smoothly and she was open to meeting with me several times to go over my selections. I highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Let me start by saying Dorothy is the absolute BEST of the BEST! I based our wedding date around her availability because she is so amazing. When planning the floral for our August wedding, I had a really good idea of what I wanted from a "look" perspective and Dorothy took so much time to help me choose the perfect flowers to fulfill that vision to perfection. She sat with my mom and I several times to ensure that every detail down to the floral on the cake was exactly what we wanted. Dorothy went above and beyond and created a structure to hang 100 lbs of fresh flowers above our Head Table. It was such a beauty and the focus point in the room!!! Dorothy took such care with each and every single flower bud and it absolutely showed in every photo. I've also had the opportunity to see Dorothy work with other brides/clients and she truly puts her heart into each and every one! Her work is outstanding, she is a joy to work with and she knows flowers inside and out. I wish I could redo our wedding day just to see those beautiful flowers again! We love Dorothy!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy was a complete pleasure to work with. I met her twice in her home (home studio,) and she worked my budget and vision seamlessly. The flowers were stunning, delivery was on time, and she was easy to communicate with.

Her and her team set up all of our centerpieces and accents at our reception, delivered and moved two large pieces to our ceremony then back to our reception before cocktail hour guests arrived. and delivered our bouquets and bouts to our hotel. I HIGHLY recommend her to ANYONE who wants beautiful flowers and amazing service!

Profile Picture User5157483, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

The flowers created by Dorothy far exceeded our expectations. Everything was beautiful and she is so amazing to work with. She was highly recommended and is very deserving. You will not regret using her for your special day.

Profile Picture Cyndi, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Dorothy was more than AMAZING, as were our beautiful flowers!

Profile Picture Holly , 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Wow! The bouquets were absolutely stunning and the boutonnieres were super classy. Perfectly expressed what we were looking for in flowers and perfectly assimilated the succulent theme we had going on. So amazing!

Profile Picture Curtis, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Dorothy's floral is the absolute best! She is so creative and her attention to detail really pays off. Our flowers were absolutely stunning. She really takes the time to make sure it is perfection. Our centerpieces were to die for!! She assembled them at our venue and they were stunning. It really added that wow factor to our reception. Dorothy is wonderful to work with and I could not have had a better experience.

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

When looking for a venue for our daughter's wedding, We were lucky to find Dorothy setting up for another wedding. We loved what she was displaying. We instantly ask for her business card. We never checked with any other florist. When we meet with her for our daughter's wedding we had no idea what kind of flowers we wanted. We only knew the colors. Dorothy asked a lot of questions and came up with the perfect flower arrangements. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and would not have been so without Dorothy. We had so many compliments on the beautiful flowers. We would absolutely recommend Dorothy to anyone. We will always use her for our floral needs. Dorothy is amazing!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Dorothy is amazing! I had a rough idea about what kind of flowers that I wanted to use for my wedding but no idea of design. When I had my consultation with Dorothy, she asked all sorts of questions and we came to a decision together about what would be right for the wedding. Even after the consultation, I was one of those brides who made minor changes to make all the way up until about a month before the wedding. I would email Dorothy with one of my many changes and she would always respond right away and even offer suggestions about what would be the best options for me.
The day of the wedding I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful her arrangements were and how they transformed the space into an elegant work of art. The bouquets were gorgeous and are still living a couple of weeks after the wedding! I would gladly work with Dorothy again and would recommend her a thousand times over for anyone doing a wedding or other event.

Profile Picture Dayna, 8/22/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Flowers

This is the second wedding Dorothy has helped me with. The bridal bouquets were absolutely, stunning for both weddings. She also did the table arrangements and flowers at the receptions, as well. Dorothy is very creative and helpful. She listened to our ideas and helped us decide the best flowers to use and the way to make the centerpieces look beautiful. If I have another formal event or wedding to host, I will definitely ask Dorothy to provide the flowers and to decorate.

Profile Picture User5445991, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Dorothy was AMAZING! When my fiancé and I first met with Dorothy to go over flowers, we really didn't have a vision for our wedding flowers. Dorothy was so patient with us and offered a great deal of expertise in order to help us narrow down what we wanted. She was attentive, responsive, and kind throughout the entire process. She was prompt in answering questions and returning emails and was willing to meet whenever we needed during the planning process! The actual flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Her creativity and experience with flowers made our wedding venue so stunning and captured the theme we were going for, perfectly! Throughout our wedding, so many people came up to us and said, "those are the most beautiful bouquets I've ever seen!" Dorothy was an amazing florist and an even kinder person, and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a florist for their wedding!

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

So creative. She took my ideas and immediately knew what to do. She made me feel secure from the start. Also, pricing was great; she was $2,000 under the budget I had in mind!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy was absolutely amazing to work with for our Winter Wedding. I had a very rough idea of what I envisioned for our flowers, and Dorothy was extremely helpful to make my ideas a reality. The flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture User3956130, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy is fantastic. Not only did our flowers and centerpieces look fantastic, she was fantastic to work with and was willing to do anything I asked. She does a fantastic job of taking your vision (even if you can't put it into words) and take your dreams come true. Her pricing is good, and the quality is exceptional. I received so many compliments from guests on the flowers which just shows how fantastic she is.

Profile Picture Lauren , 11/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Going only off of "dream" photos of flowers and some conversation, Dorothy created amazing flowers, of the highest quality!

The arrangements were stunning; beyond even what we had hoped and the prices were very fair.
She performed over and beyond our expectations!

The flowers are still stunning a week later, so that is an added bonus and a testament to their quality and freshness.

We would definitely recommend her fully and without reservation!

Profile Picture valerie, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Dorothy's Floral Studio is my #1 floral studio I recommend for all of my weddings I am a part of. Professional, kind, and amazingly talented. The final product is unique to each wedding and the quality of the floral design is beyond compare. Works with all budgets, all visions...very considerate of each bride she works with. You can't ask for a better florist!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/7/14, 4 Reviews