Doral Park Country Club Reviews

Doral Park Country Club 3
Doral Park Country Club 4
Doral Park Country Club 5

Lianet · Married on 09/25/2010

I loved the place at first sight. The service was excellent and the food was spectacular.
    Thank you Ana and Jamil for making my day so special.

Sent on 03/02/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2010

The most amazing place for a wedding reception! They do the cake, linens, and flowers, and food for you. You just go to the vendor and pick what you want. The most wonderful staff! Ana and Yamile helped plan my wedding the entire time and they were EXCELLENT. It was such a pleasure to work with them. They respond to all calls and emails. I'm very organized and considered hiring a day of wedding coordinator. You do not need one here, they do everything for you. They setup all my extras as well. The wedding could not have been any easier. It was exactly how I wanted it. It was beautiful and fantastic. I would do it here all over again!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Carolina · Married on 06/27/2009

The ceremony was beautiful and just the way I expected. The flowers were arranged perfectly, and the decor was just my style. It was all a great price for being in such a luxurious location.

Sent on 07/15/2009
  • iheartcupcakes

Angelica · Married on 02/14/2009

My husband & I chose to have our wedding reception at this charming location after scouring Miami for a beautiful but affordable venue. We are SO HAPPY we did! Our guests raved about the food & service! Without a "venue fee" or hotel tax pp, this venue was a great find! We had the entire place to ourselves and everything went off without a hitch. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding reception!!

Sent on 04/02/2009

Luis · Married on 09/14/2013

Ana and Yamile treated us incredibly! You could tell that they knew what they were doing and we immediately felt comfortable with them from our first meeting. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND what we expected and 2 weeks later we are still receiving rave reviews about the location! This may have been the best decision we made regarding the wedding! We thank them for making our special day that much better!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Anne-Marie · Married on 06/18/2011

The staff was extremely helpful and flexible and the food was delicious! The added bonus is how beautiful the space is! I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Jose · Married on 12/04/2004

My wife and I had a wonderfull time
    We loved it and recommend it.

Sent on 06/13/2008

roberto · Married on 10/13/2012

Excellent Food! Beautiful Place! Highly Recommended! All my guests raved about the venue. We really enjoyed it and would not have it in any other place if we did it again!

Sent on 02/22/2013

Tiara · Married on 08/11/2012

3.5

It can be a bit pricey on a budget but manageable especially for the beautiful space you get. I love Ana and Yamile they are so sweet! Everything about this place is beautiful!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Mayra · event on: 11/02/2013

We had our daughter wedding in November they did everything we asked for. The food was great and there service was excellent. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Doral Park Country Club's reply:

Thank you for your kinds words. :)

Laura · Married on 06/02/2012

3.0

I was very pleased with the set up and the food that was served at my wedding. They worked well with all my other vendors; helped with everything I needed. It was a pleasure working with their wedding coordinators.

Sent on 06/11/2012

M&A · Married on 11/20/2011

This was one of the first venues we saw (and we saw many from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale) but the decision became easier as the others really could not compare. Doral Park country club is a beautiful venue that you can make fit any vision. People continue to compliment us about our wedding day and venue.

Sent on 02/18/2012

London · Married on 06/27/2009

I booked this venue waaaaay in advance and got a pretty good deal w/ a buffet dinner and 5 hour open bar package and I didn't have to pay a rental fee, which is something I'd have to pay with other venues. However, for cocktail hour guests would have to walk by the dining area w/ tables and see the setup because there is no wall.

One drawback (at the time) was that I had to find my own florist, dj, cake, lighting and any other thing as they didn't provide this. Looking back, I'm glad that it turned out this way as I was able to find vendors to my liking and avoided the 20% service fee that's tacked on the regular rate and taxes. I hear that now they do upgraded packages w/ the vendors.

I changed my wedding date w/ Doral Park a few times and when I finally booked a date w/ the church I asked DP to please change it and resend the contract. The catering manager did not charge me the $250 fee that the contract stated if I changed the date. She did however take over a week to get back to me w/ the papers after I had already booked the date w/ the church and was stressing over this.

With my selected package, basic linens and chair covers were offered but I didn't like them. Last year I upgraded the chairs but was charged a whooping $7 for each (and I needed 100)! Two months before my big day I began to do some research and got a fantastic deal w/ Hitched, who happened to be the very same vendor Doral Park was going to use. The assistant at Doral Park, Jessica, was very helpful and quick w/ communication via email/phone, but when I wanted to get the chairs removed from my catering agreement she didn't want to accommodate me. Luckily, her boss, Ana, said it was ok and took it off. Another thing I ended up upgrading was the glassware because it seriously looked cheesy like it came from the Dollar Store or something.

Finally, when I went to the last meeting prior to the wedding I was told that there would be another wedding reception at the venue after being told a year ago that they don't double-book events at Doral Park. I brought this up but Ana insisted that it was in another room and earlier than my event. If I hadn't had Letty Gobel, my day-of-coordinator, I would've been terribly nervous about leaving my items for decor and not knowing if someone from the other party would've taken something and it being a mess.

Wedding Day Review: As I hired a day-of-coordinator, I did not have direct contact with the venue regarding the arrival of the hired vendors and logistics, but was told they went back and forth with the timing. However, when I arrived to the reception site with my husband, we were kindly greeted by the catering manager and assistant (Ana and Jessica), we were immediately asked what we wanted to do/go and provided with a plate of our selected hors d'oeuvres, which were a treat! Throughout the night the two ladies were present and seemed to have things under control with their staff. Again, I had a DOC so I know she did many things as well.

On the food: All my guests raved about the five station buffet, and I had sampled a few items from it and it was scrumptious! In addition,the presentation of each station was very elegant and at the carving station there were three chefs all dressed up adding to the poshness of the event. I hired a second bartender and it seemed to help with the traffic of guests ordering drinks, and had no problem there. The waiting staff was very courteous.

All in all, the night was a success! :-D
    Overall Grade: B+

Sent on 07/13/2009

Marisel · Married on 09/19/2015

3.5

Doral Park Country Club was a wonderful place to have a wedding. Ana was extremely helpful and made herself available to go over the specifics of how the location should look after the vendors were done setting up. The maitre D was amazing and very attentive during the wedding and went above and beyond to make our family welcome and were extremely professional.

Thank you to all of you at Doral Park!!!

Jorge & Mari

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Shanna

Shanna · Married on 04/16/2011

Absolutely stunning venue!!! We were so happy when we called and they told us the price of the silver package. They even gave us a courtesy top shelf for one type of alcohol. We felt like the day could ha e gone smoother but I'm sure the afternoon rain didn't help. They were very accommodating and dried the grass so we could still set up outside. The reception room didn't need much decorating as the huge chandelier set the entire mood of the room. All in all we were pleased with the entire day. We couldn't have asked for a better view for our photos.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Olga · Married on 05/22/2010

4.2
      2.0

The venue is beautiful and really differs from the average banquet hall or hotel. Has a beautiful lake view for the cocktail area and a nice fireplace back drop for the bride an groom table area.
    The packages are very affordable for a bride on a budget and the food taste great.
    The only thing that could have made the venue an A+ would have been the responsiveness to emails and calls, it made it difficult sometimes.
    But at the end the person I was working with was very kind and accomadated me with all necessary changes prior to the wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2010
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 10/27/2012

3.0

Doral is breathtaking. I had both ceremony and reception there and it was beautiful. The food was great as well and the staff was very attentative. In regards to value, is that it can get a bit pricey since cake,dj and flowers aren't included. However, I think the overall ambiance of the entire place was amazing.

My only disappointment through all the planning was the mistreatment toward the day of coordinators the day of the wedding. Yamille was fantastic through out the entire process beginning to end and Ana was too with all my changes however, my major disappointment was how the coordinator worked with the vendors. In particular the day of coordinators. The coordinators had to handle the milllion votives I had, ontop of making sure everything went as well as they did and etc. They werent well received and I found that to be extremly unprofessional on Doral's part. Especially since I was told I need to get someone to help with the decor.

Other than that everything was awesome, and I couldnt be happier with the venue we chose, it is absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing as well. :)

Sent on 11/07/2012