Doorbell Barbers Reviews

12 | Stamford, CT

12 Reviews for Doorbell Barbers

Aimee · Married on 10/06/2018

Christian provided an outstanding service to my husband and his five groomsmen for our wedding! He personally attended to all of the details for our event and arrived early to ensure everything went smoothly according to the timeline for the wedding. We were getting ready in a hotel room and Christian brought music, candles, and an essential oil diffuser to turn a regular room into a spa-like atmosphere. The service was above and beyond a regular haircut and shave. The guys loved the hot towel facial, skin mask, and bourbon. They all said they wished they could be pampered this way everyday! Christian is not only talented, but his warm personality, sense of humor, and professionalism made everyone feel comfortable and have a wonderful morning. I highly recommend Doorbell Barbers for any service. Thank you Christian!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Dana · Married on 09/28/2018

Don't look anywhere else they are amazing! From the second I reached out to set this up for my now husband Christan was
    super helpful and my husband son and his dad and groomsman were so well taken care. An unforgettable experience for everyone

Sent on 09/30/2018

Rafaella · Married on 09/16/2018

I hired Christian to provide morning of shaves for my groomsmen and I. This was a huge hit with the guys and I really appreciated his flexibility ( asked him to arrive 30 minutes earlier on 12 hours notice) and his attention to detail in the setup as well as the music he brought along. Enjoying the sounds of The Rat Pack was a great way to relax as the morning of the wedding was a bit hectic as you can imagine. Christian was VERY responsive to questions and e-mails and the online portal for signup and set up was a breeze. Highly Recommended. My photographer also found him very easy to coordinate with and spoke highly of the results and setup

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

I've always been a value priced dime-a-dozen haircut guy. My standard #2 fade has been the only style I've done (outside of growing it long) in 20+ years. Granted a fade is very adaptable when it comes to styling so I've been able to keep it fresh over the years. Plus, it's a very standard cut so any place I have gone to has been able to get it right. That said I did happen across some BuzzFeed article singing the praises of an undercut and casually mentioned it to my wife - unimpressed she asked if I was young enough for the cut... Despite her sense of humor I do tend to defer to the opinion of the one who actually has to look at me all the time.

Fast forward to last year while planning our wedding I came across Doorbell Barbers on Yelp and decided to give them a try before booking for our wedding.

Christian was timely, professional, clean, and quick. The whole process is definitely as advertised and I'd highly recommend Christian's music suggestions. Where things got different for me was the cut. I laid out my usual line for a fade with a little length up front but ended up getting a solid update to my tired fade. The fade was well executed & though not a high fade, Christian managed to get me more in the "underfade" range with a slightly asymmetrical shape upfront. So with a single cut I was given an update to a do I've been getting for decades & my wife was not only pleased but 100% sold on the undercut vibe. I've since gone shorter than a 2 and long enough up front to move away from the glued up "faux hawk horn" to a far more refined comb + pomade style. It works pomp'd up a bit or even straight back.

Long to short: not only did I get a great new cut for my wedding day but Doorbell Barbers provides amazing salon level service and quality without the hassle or severely bloated pricing.

I highly recommend giving him a whirl and letting him know the style you're going for and BOOK their wedding day services.

Kim · Married on 10/21/2017

We were thrilled with our Doorbell Barbers experience! We booked the Royal Wedding package as a gift for my husbands groomsmen and they absolutely LOVED the hot shaves, haircuts and groomsmen gifts! These guys are true professionals and they made the morning so stress free and relaxing for them! The bourbon and cigars were such a cool touch and I can't wait to see the wedding photos! We highly recommend them for a high quality groomsmen gift or to be sure that everyone looks photo ready! Truly memorable and upscale experience all around!

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

According to my husband, Doorbell Barbers was the highlight of our wedding day! Christian and his assistant did a fantastic job getting my grandfather, dad, brother and husband looking so dapper for our wedding . The old school barber shaves & haircuts made the guys look stunning and I can't thank you guys enough! Good value and VERY prompt/responsive owner. Highly recommended!!!

James · Married on 09/03/2017

The experience with Christian and Doorbell Barbers was above and beyond what I could have hoped for. My groomsmen and I had a great time and felt relaxed for the entire lead up to my wedding. The music Christian provided was relaxing and enjoyable and exactly what we were looking for. He worked quickly to make sure we all had enough time to get our beards shaved and our necks trimmed so we were all looking sharp for the ceremony. If any of my friends are getting married in the tri-state area any time soon, I'll be referring them to Doorbell Barbers so that their wedding party can have the same amazing experience that I had.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Doorbell Barbers's reply:

Thank you, James for taking the time to review your experience with Doorbell Barbers. It was our pleasure to take care of you and your best friends on your wedding day. Glad we were able to offer some peace and relaxation while getting you photo ready! Shave Soon, Christian DB

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

There are not enough good things I can say about Doorbell Barbers!! We had the Ultimate Groom Experience for our wedding. Not only did he do an amazing job getting all of the groomsmen ready but he also included my father in the experience without any hesitation. My dad is elderly and showed up in desperate need for a haircut and shave. The morning of the wedding, Christian went early to help him before going to take care of the groomsman. He completely saved the day and I couldn't be more appreciative of his kindness.

He also did such an amazing job on the groomsmen. They all really enjoyed the experience and my now husband said it was a very relaxing time during what is typically a stressful day! Christian is very charismatic and friendly to everyone all the while completely professional and timely. I would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone for any type of business regarding Doorbell Barbers. Truly outstanding!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Doorbell Barbers's reply:

Hi Stephanie, it was such an honor to get your groom and his men handsome for your special day! I appreciate you taking the time to write this thoughtful review and we look forward to serving Mike in the future. Shave Soon! DB

John · Married on 08/05/2017

Doorbell Barbers added something very special for me and my groomsmen on my wedding day. It was a great experience to have Christian come by and get my guys looking 100, and it definitely got noticed in the church! Many family members remarked on how clean & uniform everyone looked, and that was in no small part to Doorbell Barber's attention to detail and professional touch. I highly recommend this service to anyone who many be considering a cut or shave before the big day, or any other important event. It's fun and makes you feel top notch!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Doorbell Barbers's reply:

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Doorbell Barbers and we are so pleased that our services added to your special day. Your group was a blast to serve and congrats on your wedding! Shave Soon, DB.

Phoenix · Married on 04/11/2015

Excellent communication, organized/ very responsive, ON TIME and delivered exactly what we envisioned. The haircuts and straight razor shaves made the guys look awesome (my husband is VERY particular about who cuts his hair but loved the work by Doorbell Barbers). We never had to guess where we stood or what to expect, they were on top of all the details and exceeded our expectations! We have recommended them to a bunch of our friends and they had similar experiences with this company. Awesome vendor!

Bianca · Married on 09/02/2016

Christian did an awesome job providing haircuts and shaves for my husband and the groomsmen for our wedding (7 total). He was very accommodating with time, professional and (according to my husband) was very personable with everyone. They enjoyed the refreshments he provided as well haha! All the guys looked fantastic on our special day and it was thanks to Christian! Absolutely worth it!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Doorbell Barbers's reply:

Hi Bianca, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Doorbell Barbers! I'm so pleased to hear your men enjoyed our services and it was so much fun sprucing them up with DB trims, straight razor shaves, Bourbon & Sinatra! Shave Soon, DB

Chris · Married on 05/15/2016

I booked Doorbell Barbers the morning of my wedding for me and my groomsmen - my (now) wife booked their partner service Doorbell Salon for her and her bridesmaids. I was absolutely thrilled with the experience and the results!

Christian (the owner/founder) is a consummate professional. He arrived promptly and worked efficiently to cut my hair and performed excellent straight razor shaves for me and my groomsmen. He was extremely flexible and gave everyone the particular cut or beard trim that they requested. The procedure for the shaves involved lots of aromatic oils and hot towels and was one of the most relaxing experiences I have ever enjoyed. Though he spent most of the morning in the hotel room with us, his presence was never awkward or forced - we felt comfortable and relaxed the entire time he was there. His cut and styling made my hair look fantastic all day and night - I can't wait to see the photos from our wedding day!

Two small things I thought were nice touches: Doorbell Barbers offers a bourbon package that I gladly paid for and was well worth the cost. They offered a selection of several different bourbons - Christian even called the front desk to provide glasses and ice. The second touch was Christian's decision to save a final touch-up for when the photographer came to the room. He was able to set up his station to look nice for our photos and worked with our photographer to get some nice shots.

All in all, I had a wonderful experience with Doorbell Barbers and I strongly recommend their services.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Doorbell Barbers's reply:

Hi Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to write this thoughtful and detailed review! It was our pleasure to serve you and your men and I appreciate you noticing the small touches we bring to every service to make each wedding unique and personalized. Shave Soon, DB