Dolly Couture Bridal Reviews

Dolly Couture Bridal 1
Dolly Couture Bridal 2
Dolly Couture Bridal 3

Deja · Married on 06/08/2013

My experience with Dolly Couture matched pretty much every review I read before deciding to purchase my dress from them. Once I had landed on that decision, I gathered my bridesmaids up and planned a roadtrip from my home in San Francisco to her shop in Los Angeles. I tried on a couple of their in-shop samples and landed on the Avila Bay. There were a few changes I wanted to make right away, based on the Real Brides photos I'd seen on Dolly's Facebook (which is an absolute must-join - the photos lead to inspiration I never would have come up with on my own). My girls and I discussed at the salon while I was wearing the sample. We'd change this, lengthen this, add this, shift this, etc. I decided, though, not to place the order right then and there. I figured it would be smart to sleep on it. Over the next month, I tossed and turned thinking about the changes I felt I got talked into by my girls. So I reached out to Dolly's staff to see if I could work out a few changes of my own. Not only were they happy to walk me through my ideas, but before I placed the final order, Dolly sent me a sketch of the dress I'd designed. It was exactly what I wanted. I placed the order and impatiently waited for the notification that it shipped. When it arrived, in the pretty white box, I was eager to pull it out and try it on, but I arranged a more formal try on with some bridesmads and my Mom. I tried it on, and I was in love, except for the neckline. It was just.... wrong. I took several photos of me in the dress, and compared them to the sketch. When I finally decided that I wouldn't be happy with it, I sent a photo of me in the dress and the sketch to Dolly's staff. I explained what I felt was wrong with the neckline, and that I hoped something could be done. I immediately received a response from her staff agreeing that the neckline was incorrect. They instructed me to UPS the dress back to their shop, and send them the total for the UPS cost so they could reimburse me. She said

Sent on 10/30/2013

Breeezie · Married on 05/18/2013

My wedding dress was THE prettiest wedding dress I have ever seen. Not that I'm biased or anything. ;-) But seriously, Dolly Couture is awesome! I visited their showroom in Tarzana, and I was in dress heaven. I wanted everything! The tea length, vintage styles were so unique and refreshingly different than the typical traditional "gowns" I kept seeing elsewhere. Nickie Scates, Sales Extraordinaire, let me try on as many dresses as I wanted (and I really wanted them ALL) until I narrowed it down to a final few. I finally chose the "Verona" style with a scoop neck, and I had it customized with long sheer sleeves and a cute pink sash. I placed my order, was told it would arrive in about 8 weeks, and we were on our way.

A day or so later, I got a sketch via email that Dolly herself made of what my dress was going to look like. It was so exciting to have a visual, and I couldn't wait for it to arrive!

The dress arrived about 4 weeks or so later - which was WAY ahead of schedule, and it was GORGEOUS! Like, totally, completely a one of a kind masterpiece. For real! I wanted to make a minor(?) modification though, but I didn't want to be annoying. I asked them if there was any slight chance that they'd be able to possibly change the neckline style. The scoop neck wound up not being the look I was after (ugh, picky brides, I know!). I was told that the in-house seamstress, Irma, could do that for me, no problem! Wow! And she did! She was REALLY good and super sweet. I brought the dress back, she designed a V-neck style, and had my dress ready for me in about a week. NOW it was perfect. Truly.

I love Dolly Couture, and everyone who works there. :-) They exemplify true professionalism, fantastic customer service, and Dolly's dresses are a work of art.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Kate · Married on 10/20/2012

I can't say enough good things about Montana and the Dolly Couture team. I went to the NY showroom with my sister because I wanted something "different." I tried on several dresses, got suggestions from the saleswoman, had my measurements taken, and was shown a number of different options. The stellar service really came from my emails with Montana though - I wanted something a little more custom, and she was great getting me sketches of my dream dress. Every time I wanted something changed, she responded promptly with a new drawing. When my dress finally arrived, it was perfect. Thank you Dolly Couture!

Sent on 08/20/2012

LAUREN · Married on 10/20/2012

I had an amazing 50's style tea length dress from Dolly Couture! It was unique in that it was an ivory lace over a light pink/peach underlay. It looked amazing in the sunset and the length was PERFECT for a beach wedding! I had so many complements! Thank you so much Dolly Couture, Montana and Yvette!

Sent on 10/27/2012

I ordered my dress from Dolly's NYC showroom. Yvette did a wonderful job - had lots of recommendations for what looks good on my body type but also listened to what I wanted. She also took my measurements and when the dress arrived it fit perfectly - didn't need a single alteration! The dress was very well made and I felt absolutely beautiful in it all day. It came sooner than expected also. I loved my dress and so did my husband!

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • User3208661 · 2+ years ago

I said...Yes to the dress! Three things convinced me to have my dress made from Dolly Couture: 1) Dolly Couture has great reviews, 2) I love the vintage style dresses that Dolly Couture designed, 3) I even checked out Dolly Couture Facebook and saw REAL women of all sizes wearing their pretty DC dresses. So I decided to contact them with my questions about having my own custom dress made. One of the DC sales team, Nicki, worked with me and made the online order experience very easy for me being that I lived so far from California. She was so kind in helping me with my questions and ease my concerns about ordering a custom dress online, and using my beautiful Sari silk fabric.

At first, I was hesitant and nervous that my complicated Sari silk fabric may be too difficult for DC to make into a pretty vintage style dress and matching bolero. Nicki assured me that the dress designers are skilled to do these types of fabric. There was excellent communications exchanged throughout the process of my custom order. The DC team transformed my detailed sketch and written specifications into a one-of-a kind dress that I wanted. I was VERY impressed! I got my dress in about 8 weeks and I can't get enough of looking and touching it! And how lucky I am that it fits me like a glove and needs no alterations! I thank Dolly Couture and its team for their professionalism and hard work! The dress turned out gorgeous and SO well made. Dolly Couture designers are OUTSTANDING! The party dress is absolutely amazing! Ladies, I highly recommend Dolly Couture! If you are hesitant about ordering a custom dress online than ask good questions and have a clear idea on what you want. DC sales team are friendly and there to help you. A shout out to Nicki, and the DC team, YOU ROCK!! I am happy that I made the right choice and hope you will too!

Sent on 04/20/2013

I LOVED my dress!!! Thanks to Yvette and Montana for helping me! Yvette helped me pick out my dress and had my 3 grrls feeling like she was part of our family. She made me realize I didn't want cute for my wedding and she was right!!! She answerded all my questions and helped me pick the dress that was the ONE!!!! Montana also answered my questions and helped me with my order.

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 06/02/2012

I went to Dolly's NY showroom the month it opened, and Montana was wonderful! I knew what dress I wanted, but tried on a couple of others just in case and she was very patient. Dolly's customer service reached out to me because wanted to double check one of the measurements (I am not proportioned properly!) which was nice. The dress came quicker than expected and was perfect! There was a small problem with the sash, but they sent me a new one no problem and were very apologetic. Her representatives were wonderful. Everyone LOVED my dress and it was exactly how I imagined it! Thank you Dolly!!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/27/2012

Fabulous quality, custom design, and 5 star service. Dolly & her team can not be beat!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/25/2012

I was a bit nervous buying a wedding dress online since I wouldn't be able to try it on before buying, but it was well worth it! I asked if i could try something on in my size, and they shipped one of their store dresses to me so i could at least take a look at the quality and fitting. I sent that back and soon after put an order in for a custom dress that came back better than i had imagined. They say that their sizes are true-to-size, but for me, they ran just a tad small. Beautiful dresses, great quality, great price!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Johanna · Married on 04/25/2012

I was ordering my dress online, so naturally had a bunch of questions about the ordering process, and they answered everything thoroughly and promptly. My dress arrived just when they said it would, and it looked exactly as I hoped. It was beautiful and affordable. I would recommend Dolly Couture to any bride-to-be.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Liz · Married on 07/08/2011

This was the best dress buying experience ever! I was so overjoyed to locate this vendor online and find someone who makes affordable customized vintage dresses.

What made Dolly's store so great is the fact that there is no pressure sells person trying to get you to purchase every add-on feature with the dress. Instead you have someone helping you decide the style you want and how to put the look together. I was in and out of the store with a dress ordered within an hour, so I was one happy bride.

I got the Manhattan style with the rauched sweatheart neck. On the back I got buttons sewn and I dyed my petticoat a light blue. The dress without the additions was $600. The add-ons added an extra $150 to the total bill. I loved that it was so affordable. I looked at Stephanie James, but holy mole was it costly and it doesnt look like you can customize.

I ordered my dress in November and got it in February in the mail. It was in a clothing bag in a box stuffed with popcorn. The y dress was flawless and beautiful. As for alterations, I lost weight and had it taken in on the sides. The dress is sewn so alterations are not difficult to make. The shop does not make alterations, so you have to find a seamstress to do the job.

As for sizes, I normally wear a size 12 dress, and I got a size 12 dress. So the dress sizes are pretty standard.

I loved my dress and got a ton of compliments in how cool it was to have a short dress. The best part about it is having to pick out shoes because it totally makes the outfit. If your thinking about going short, DO IT! IT was the best choice because I was a summer bride and it was hot out, but I stayed cool since my legs were exposed. Also, if you're a mixture of a tradition with some modern chic, this dress will definitely fit your style.

Sent on 07/27/2011

melissa · Married on 05/29/2011

First of all my dress was absolutely amazing! I had some dress drama and found out three weeks before the wedding that I needed to find a new dress. I had emailed Nikki at Dolly Couture about getting a dress. She responded fast and said that they had dresses that I could take immediately. She scheduled me a time to come in. When I went into the store there were a couple of different dresses for me to choose from. They had offered to make some changes to the dresses to personalize them for me in just days so that I could take the dress with me before I went home. In the end I was so happy with my dress.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Gina · Married on 05/04/2011

I brought a huge challenge to Dolly and she really met it head on. I asked her to make me a custom ball gown. She specializes in short dresses. After seeing her work in her store I was confident that she would do an amazing job on my dress. It's beautiful...It was perfect...She is amazing!!! Love Dolly and Nickie! It ended up requiring a lot of extra attention on her part and I will never forget her for putting 100% into my dress. I would send anyone to them for anything.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Jennifer · Married on 11/13/2010

I wish I could leave more than 5 stars! Most stress-free dress shopping experience ever! I made up my mind early on that I wasn't going to go the traditional route and visit bridal salons and be pushed around and forced to spend thousands of dollars for a dress.

I worked with Nickie to order my dress (Beverlywood) and was able to customize it (adding pockets, changing the waist, etc) with no problems whatsoever. I took the measurements and sent them and that was that! When the dress arrived, it was packaged up beautifully and fit - right out of the box! It didn't need steaming, it didn't need alterations, it was EXACTLY what I wanted and it was well made and GORGEOUS.

I can't recommend Dolly enough - if you're looking for a vintage-style or tea length dress, email her!

Sent on 12/12/2010
  • F

Brenda · Married on 08/14/2010

It was so hard to choose from Dolly's beautiful dresses but when I finally chose one, I knew I needed to make some changes. I sent them an email and they were more than accommodating. The price was incredible and I couldn't believe that the dress fit right out of the box! Everyone told me how much they loved the dress at the wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2010

Nadine · Married on 07/04/2010

I ordered a fully-customized wedding dress from Dolly. It is a bit scary ordering a custom dress online and not being able to try it on until it is done. But, it was the BEST decision I could have made. The dress was perfect. It fit right out of the box, and it was STUNNING! Dolly's dresses are usually shorter in length, just past the knee, with fun petticoats to make the shirts 1950s full! I had pleating done along the neckline and hemline, and pockets sewn in. Everyone raved about my dress, and it was fun to dance in and easy to move around in all day. I felt like a modern day princess. My only regret is that I can't wear the dress every day! Dolly, and her colleague Nickie, are a pleasure to work with. They help you through the entire process and are very encouraging the whole way. And if you don't want a custom dress, Dolly has PLENTY of beautiful creations she has on hand. Take the leap and order a dress from Dolly!

Sent on 07/31/2010

Alissa · Married on 05/22/2010

Dolly made me an incredible custom dress for a fraction of the cost of most wedding dresses! We worked over email for a few days passing detailed drawings back and forth and when my dress arrived a few months later it was more than I could hope for. The quality was very good and the dress fit my wedding perfectly! Friend Dolly Thicke on Facebook if you want to see many happy happy brides!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Abby · Married on 02/05/2010

So, I admit, I was your stereotypical "bridezilla", but hey, who isn't ;) I was skeptical at first ordering a dress online without trying it on, but once I found out you could do custom measurements, I was sold. I worked extensively back and forth with their sales associate. I decided to add capped sleeves to the dress and tweak the neckline in addition to shortening them hem an inch (I'm rather short). None of this was a problem. I always got the answer, "of course we can do that." They go above and beyond to make you feel like you are their top priority! When I got the dress I realized I had shrunk a bit due to the stress and dieting. I took it to my local seamstress to take it in and she commented on how well made it was. I thought that when I received the dress, but hearing it from a professional validated my first impression. Thanks to Dolly and her staff, I had the dress of my dreams for a great price! They really made me my perfect couture gown. I recommend Dolly Couture to any bride-to-be.

Sent on 05/16/2010

Trisa · Married on 11/14/2009

Oh yes.

Dolly and her crack team (I worked with Nikki) will make you the dress of your dreams.

I ordered a custom dress, and they were right on with every aspect.

They helped with the timing of my order, measurements, and even a gorgeous sash. Oh yeah, and it fit (hooray).

Check out her facebook for drool-worthy "real bride" photos.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Erin · Married on 11/08/2009

I love, love, love this woman and her company and staff! They were so easy to work with and what a great value! I searched and searched for tea length wedding dresses and I am so happy I found her. She will custom-make a one-of-a-kind dress for you at a fraction of the cost some other companies will charge you. My dress is gorgeous and I had so many compliments on it! It truly was the centerpiece of our whole wedding theme (which had a 1940s theme). If you love vintage-looking gorgeous dresses, check Dolly Couture out! Her dresses are amazing!!!

Sent on 05/29/2010

Loved my dress from Dolly Couture and the great service I received when I requested assistance to determine the correct size to order. My dress fit beautifully and was of excellent quality!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Christina · Married on 07/30/2009

Dolly Couture is a wonderful business to work with. I communicated with one of the representatives to find my
    perfect dress and they were so helpful. I have recommended them to many friends.

Sent on 12/31/2011

Claire · Married on 03/10/2009

I'm from England and was desperate to find a dress that I would feel comfortable and have fun in. I really wanted a tea length wedding dress. When I found Dolly Couture's Edmonton dress I was so excited but a little nervous that I'd have to order it all the way from California. However, her staff were amazing and ensured that I was happy throughout my order and that I provided all the information that they needed. When the dress arrived (in plenty of time) it was of such good quality - the detail, fabric and stitching were perfect! Everyone commented on how it was so 'me' and I felt great the whole day. I even danced until midnight in it! I would highly recommend Dolly Couture - excellent quality, friendly service, value for money and, of course, beautiful dresses! Thank you so much for making me feel amazing on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/18/2010

Jacqueline · Married on 07/12/2008

I really loved the dress that I bought from Dolly! It's a one of a kind dress that was one of her sample dresses. She couldn't make anymore of them because the fabric was discontinued. I bought the dress at a very discounted price! It's beautiful! Dolly is really fun to work with and talk to. She completely didn't mind and even suggested that I take the dress to a tailor, so that it fit my style and myself better because it was a sample. I had such a hard time finding short wedding dresses and would often get let down by bridal shops who would tell me that short dresses aren't very popular or "in style." Dolly Couture is DEFINITELY the best place to find beautiful AND short wedding gowns!! :)

Sent on 08/09/2008