Doctors Orders Band Reviews

36 | Washington, DC

36 Reviews for Doctors Orders Band

36 Doctors Orders Band Reviews

Bart · Married on 09/01/2018

This band just performed at our daughters wedding this past Saturday evening and they were
    FABULOUS!!!!!
    Accommodating, invigorating, and professional all the way through the entire process.
    ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BAND IN THIS AREA.

laura · Married on 10/01/2016

If you want a band that will keep the party going, Doctors Orders is the right band for your wedding! They made our entire night a blast - they played songs that kept the dance floor packed ALL night, and when the dance floor was overflowing, people were dancing in the aisles near their tables. They played a great mix of contemporary songs and some oldies, and everyone was sweating through their black tie outfits :) They were very easy to communicate with and were accommodating for all our song preferences. I loved all my vendors, but this band truly blew me away!

Kate · Married on 08/20/2016

I can't say enough about this band. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM! And not to mention, our guests fell in love. We have already referred this group to several of our friends. And some of our friends have already shared their information with their friends. If you want your guests dancing all night long than I suggest you hire this band. They have the personality, the voices, and the ability to play to crowd. We were so impressed.

Lisa · Married on 08/06/2016

AMAZING. I cannot count the number of people who asked me for their contact information. So engaging and read the crowd so well. Could not recommend them more.

Paul · Married on 04/16/2016

I am the father of the bride and was given the task of finding the music. All that I can say is that the band made the night "magical"; their talent is on another planet compared to comparable bands in Pittsburgh. The dance floor was full the entire evening. The musicians were all very approachable. They coordinated seamlessly with our party planner and videographer. They read the "vibe" of the crowd perfectly. The word is already being spread about them here in Pittsburgh. Can't wait to see the video so that we can experience it all over again.

Katie · Married on 10/02/2015

Doctors Orders played our wedding in October, 2015. I would not only recommend them, I would urge you to use them if live music is what you were looking for. They were simply amazing! Their band leader, Steve, was always responsive, took personal time to talk on the phone and brain storm ideas. When the big day came, WOW is all I can say. The entire wedding was up dancing, singing and having a blast. Young, old and in between our guests loved the song selection and were able to enjoy.They knew exactly how to keep the party going, our guests did not want to leave and they actually played an encore! Kyle facilitated our toasts and speeches with ease. They were easily the highlight of our wedding (other than getting married)! Definitely worth it! Thanks again to the band.

Doctors Orders was the best wedding band! They had our guests on the dance floor the entire night, and everyone left saying that it was the best band they'd ever seen. They were incredible! A few of our engaged friends even stopped by after the wedding to get the band's info so they could book them for their own weddings.

Tom · Married on 06/27/2015

This band was phenomenal! They were professional in every aspect and had our guests dancing during the entire wedding reception. They are able to play a wide variety of music and adjust their songs to the make sure everyone is having a great time.
    I was continually told by many guests how much they enjoyed their performance. Do not miss the opportunity to book this band for a reception or another special event. You will not be disappointed. Bravo to all of the band members for making my daughter's wedding reception such a success.

Roy · Married on 06/20/2015

We were looking for a top notch band that was versatile to try and please all the guests that were going to attend our daughters wedding. We asked them to learn (4) songs not on their song list. No problem for them, not only did they learn them they played them to perfection. These guys are simply professionals. They are clearly the best wedding band we have ever heard. From their singers, to their musicians, to their floor show they are quite simply the best. If you want your dance floor full all night hire them.

Phylicia · Married on 01/03/2015

We can't praise Doctors Orders enough. They hands down made our wedding a truly spectacular evening to remember. To start the event, we chose to have someone from the band play electric piano for the ceremony. She played everything we asked and even learned a new song for us. The music was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. During the reception, the band played our intros, first dance, father/daughter, mother/son song choices perfectly! The rest of our wedding, the band had the guests on the dance floor every possible second of the night. They played every song we wanted to hear without us needed to tell them. It seemed like they got us, understood what we were looking for, read the crowd, and played great sets. After the last song was played at 12:30am our still packed dance floor began chanting for "one more song!!!" To which unfortunately our venue was strict to decline. We knew the band would've kept going well further into the am if they could've. A few weeks later and we've heard countless guests share how great Doctors Orders was. They were such a hit!!!!

From our initial contact, they were extremely helpful, professional, and responsive. They were easy to get in contact with and responded to our questions promptly. We let them know from the start we didn't want to micro-manage their song choices. So we gave them our vision for the type of wedding reception we were looking for and just let them use their judgement. During planning, they also helped coordinate the timeline to effectively help the event run seamlessly.

We don't hesitate to recommend this talented band. They were absolutely phenomenal. We'll be talking about them for years to come.

Jackie · Married on 05/25/2014

I was beyond thrilled with doctors orders! They were the best band I could have asked for! I was so nervous about the band because in my opinion they are the most important part :). They rocked the whole night and played all different types of songs from new to old. They also learned songs on my behalf! Best band ever!

Ed · Married on 02/15/2014

Doctors Orders was the centerpiece of a very successful wedding reception. The band had 10 members, including all the appropriate instruments and 3 excellent singers. One band member in particular, Damian Grasso, was especially helpful in arranging for the band's participation and for planning various details of the performance. The online repertoire of music is remarkably extensive and we were able to choose almost all the songs we wanted to play from this list. During the lengthy 'dance' portion of the reception these songs ranged from classic Motown to Daft Punk and were beautifully, enthusiastically presented. The dance floor was filled with joyful wedding guests from the second it was opened to everyone until the final, exuberant version of "Shout." We have received NUMEROUS compliments from wedding guests on how much FUN the reception was.

Kathleen · Married on 02/15/2014

Doctor's Orders Band MADE our wedding. The band brought a high-energy, fun vibe to the day as soon as they started playing!

They were great to work with and very accommodating--tight schedule, quick set up, sound check and break down time, and they even learned a song for us! Over the course of the night they chose just the right songs to keep everyone out there dancing from my 70 year old dad to my 20 year old niece!

The music was on point... every song sounded better than the original! So much talent in this group it's ridiculous! One of the female vocalists has the best voice I've ever heard. I also need to give a shout-out to the drummer. He was awesome and even came up to play guitar and sing a few songs... he sounded great and gets bonus points for being super cute! ;)

If you are debating a band or DJ, I urge you to check out Doctor's Orders first... nothing compares to the energy and life an awesome band brings to an event. Hear for yourself on the website http://doctrsorders.com/ If you can go see them in person, you should! It will make the decision a no-brainer.

My only complaint about the evening was that I wanted another 2 hours of music and dancing with them! The night ended with our whole crowd begging for an encore!

I can't say enough about the band. I would recommend them to anyone as highly as possible.

Doctors Orders was amazing and truly made the night fun, enjoyable and perfect for me and the guests!

Doctor's Orders was so fantastic at our wedding. We had so many compliments from our guests on them. It's amazing how they can make so many different kinds of music sound so great--from Motown to pop. Having a great band can really make a difference in setting the tone of the event. Many of our guests couldn't stop dancing to them. I thought that for the number of musicians and excellent quality, the cost was quite reasonable. We're so happy we chose them for our wedding.

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2013

Do not look at any other bands. Book Doctors Orders NOW.

I don't know where to begin to talk about how INCREDIBLE Doctors Orders was. We got married back in June of 2013 (sorry for the delayed review), and friends and family are STILL talking about this band almost a year later. We knew we wanted a band for our wedding, and we thought Doctors Orders sounded great online-- when they started playing, they BLEW US AWAY.

The musicians are beyond talented, the singers are incredible, and there was not one moment that the dance floor was not packed. I am not exaggerating. I tell people that I think our bar bill was cheaper becuase people didn't want to stop dancing. Their song selection was perfect for every age, the presentation was so classy, and the whole experience was perfect.

I lost count of the number of people who came up to us that night, the next morning, and to this day to tell us how much they loved the band. Multiple people said, "I have NEVER stayed until the end of a wedding! But I couldn't stop dancing!" (and these are my parents' friends who did not plan to stay the whole night. :) ). Another friend said, "This is the best wedding I've ever been to-- including my own!"

Not only is this group extremely talented, they are very kind and worked hard to make this experience perfect for us. They had never played at our venue before, so they went ahead of time to check out the layout and logictics. They were communicative throughout the process and very helpful to us as we planned.

Lastly, we wanted the Mother/Son dance to be an older song that was very meaningful to my husband's mom. We were worried, becuase it was not a popular song these days. The band learned the song just for them, and it was absolutely perfect. It made us all cry to watch them dance. It meant so much to us that they did that for us.

I cannot say enough about Doctors Orders. You will LOVE them!

Thank you, Doctors Orders!

Julie · Married on 06/01/2013

Doctors Orders is an amazing band. They played at our wedding, which had about 240 guests, and truly kept the crowd dancing all night. They were great to work with and very responsive leading up to the event. We gave them a sense of songs we especially liked but really just asked them to do their thing to keep everyone dancing... and we're so glad we left it to them to figure it all out. They were essential to making our wedding just plain FUN.

Not only are they such talented musicians but they engaged with the crowd (in a non-cheesy way) and kept everyone pumped. Lots of "best band we've ever seen" and "epic" comments from guests. We loved them, absolutely loved them.

Doctors Orders is worth every penny! Their big band sound and incredible vocals kept our guests on the dancefloor to the very end of our wedding reception. Steve Newstedt, the band leader, was extremely professional and accommodated all of our song requests, even numbers that weren't in the band's standard repertoire. The mixing of classics with contemporary music kept the party going and the energy up. Our guests kept coming up to us saying how much they loved the music. One friend said "I will never go to another DJ'ed wedding again!" Another family friend scooped up the band's business card so she can book them for her daughter's wedding. Bottom line: book Doctors Orders for your event!

Audrey · Married on 11/10/2012

If you want you and your guests to have the most fun night of your lives, hire Doctor's Orders. I'm not kidding! There were times at my wedding that I forgot these guys were live singers--they are SO good! They get the party moving right away--our dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests had rave reviews for the music selection (they have mostly classics/motown on their play list but can do a ton of modern stuff as well). We had a pretty obscure first dance song and they learned it so that they could sing it live instead of having to put on a CD. I would give these guys more stars if possible...they are so worth the money!!

BOOK THEM NOW. They absolutely made my wedding the best night of my life@

Natalie · Married on 04/14/2012

If I could give them a 10 out of 5 I would. They were AWESOME! No one can stop telling me how amazing they were, and at 1:00 AM when the event ended, we still had about 3/4s of the 270-person wedding out on the dance floor. I had seen them at my best friend's wedding and just knew they were the band for me. They did not take over the wedding and make it about themselves as I have seen some band leaders do, but rather they just rocked out for our entertainment. They let my best friend's brother, my husband's cousin, and my husband's nephews all have cameos, and they just absolutely made it the best evening I could have ever wished for. Steve, the lead singer, is incredible.

Rebecca · Married on 10/23/2011

Doctors Orders was just what we hoped for—a band that guests of all ages would enjoy. In fact, I think the number one question we heard from guests all night was, “Where did you find these guys? They’re so great!” Part of the reason things went well is we met with a band member beforehand to think through incorporating many different musical elements into one evening. Our reception involved not only tunes from the band's playlist, but a Jewish Hora & Indian Dandiya dances with wooden sticks. One of our favorite moments came after the traditional stick-dancing set, when the band’s lead singers got everyone to try stick-dancing to Motown music. (It works!)

Kristie · Married on 10/08/2011

Doctors Orders were great! I strongly recommend them for weddings! I had a blast at our wedding and everyone danced all night!!!! Loved them!!!!

Emily · Married on 04/24/2010

Doctor's Orders seriously rocked our wedding. Several friends/family members didn't understand why we booked a band--until they heard them start to play!!! We must have had 1/2 of our guests tell us at the wedding that the band was amazing. They play a huge variety of music and get everyone on the dance floor. My only suggestion (other than to book them) is that you should be very clear if there are "must play" songs. We gave them a list of about 15 songs or so to play, and they probably only played about 1/2 of them. In hindsight I just should have been clear about the 3 or 4 that were "must play". But they played wonderful songs that were great for our crowd and were definitely the life of the party!!! We are already planning an anniversary party with Doctor's Orders playing!!

Stacey · Married on 10/03/2009

Doctor's Orders ROCKED the House! The band was phenomenal and our guests keep commenting on how amazing the band is -- they got everyone up dancing! The music gods actually were looking over us when we got Doctor's Orders. Our original band went MIA and Bialek's music fired them and replaced them with Doctor's Orders. It was a wonderful suprise and such an "upgrade" from our original band. Doctor's Orders was amazing to work with and actually learned three songs in the two weeks leading up to the reception -- they went above and beyond for sure! The band is uber professional, nice, and sounded great! Book them, BOOK THEM, BOOK THEM!!!!!!