337 Reviews for "I Do" Weddings, Ltd. -- Rev. Phil Landers

Jewish (3)
Evangelical (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)
Lutheran (1)

If you want more out of your wedding officiant than someone just showing up, doing a quick service then leaving, book Reverend Phil Landers. He reached out to us many times during the planning process and made us feel at ease. He is very well organized and will make your ceremony much warmer, unique and personalized than the average ceremony. Well worth it!

Profile Picture Colleen , 8/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Great communication. Very well organized. Didn't have to worry about much of anything at my ceremony. Sending our vows to him and him reading them aloud made for a great ceremony twist and my husband and I felt less anxious! Overall, beautiful ceremony.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We feel blessed, great, nice, wonderful ceremony. we hearths are filled with gratitude.

Profile Picture sonia, 6/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Phil was absolutely AMAZING! He was the best and super organized which was a HUGE plus for me. He did our ceremony just a couple of weeks ago (June 9). We found him through some Google searching and then saw all of the positive reviews on WeddingWire so we decided to contact him and schedule a meeting. We knew we didn't want to have an ordinary ceremony and since we are not very religious we wanted to find someone who did a little something different. Rev. Phil did exactly that! We met with him and booked him immediately. DO NOT let the fact that you don't know his price right of the bat deter you from meeting him. It is a little more than what you might see with other officiants but it is 100% worth it. We didn't even think about the price because we knew that he would make our wedding ceremony special and you can't put a price on that. He was great to work with and responded to emails in a timely fashion. By the time our wedding rolled around, we had multiple emails going back and forth with our ceremony script and we were confident and didn't have to worry about anything going into our wedding. The ceremony was amazing and Rev. Phil made it so much more special by sharing our love story and giving us the ceremony we wanted. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant and who wants something unique and different for their ceremony. Our guests were engaged, laughing and were not bored throughout the ceremony at all. It was exactly what we wanted and if you are looking for an officiant for your wedding, then Rev. Phil is the BEST choice!!

Profile Picture Gabby, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

When looking for an officiant to marry us, we never expected to find someone who could make our ceremony so personal. That is exactly what Reverend Phil did. From our first meeting with Rev. Phil, we could tell how much he loved his work.
We always felt we were in great hands with Rev. Phil, he was extremely responsive, provided great tips and links for any questions we had. The day of the rehearsal Rev. Phil made sure to have everyone’s attention because he wanted our wedding to be just as perfect as we did.
The ceremony was absolutely AMAZING. Rev. Phil did not miss a beat. He kept the guest engaged and told our love story perfectly. It is not an exaggeration to say that every guest we spoke to said they had never been to a ceremony as personal as ours and it was the best they had experienced.
He was such a big part of making our day memorable that we knew we wanted him as a guest at our reception, and he even did our blessing. Rev. Phil is not there just to marry he will be part of your journey if you ever need advice.
Professional, organized, passionate, caring, PERSONAL are just a few words to describe Reverend Phil. My husband and I are extremely happy we had Reverend Phil pronounce us husband and wife.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, No Denomination

Rev. Phil was amazing to work with and made our wedding memorable not only for us but our guests! The entire planning process was painless though detailed and made for a seamless, flowing and extremely personal ceremony. Every possible contingency/detail was thought of and when something happened on the venue's end, Rev. Phil seamlessly kept things going. All our guests raved (and we agree, obviously) that it was one the best and most entertaining/engaging ceremonies they'd ever been to.

Profile Picture Albert, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We used Rev Phil as our wedding officiant in April 2018. When looking for an officiant we wanted something different for the ceremony, something not drawn out and boring, and Rev Phil provided us with just that. Our guests were engaged, laughing, and really enjoyed the ceremony. So many of our guests came to us after the ceremony to tell us how much they loved it and how funny it was. I was told many times that they've never seen a ceremony like that (especially the unity beer), and how entertaining it was. Rev Phil is extremely organized, takes care of most of the ceremony for you, and ensures your ceremony goes off without a hitch. He may cost a bit more than other officiants, but he is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jolise, 4/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Phil was great,funny,sweet and was on top of things for such short notice .

Profile Picture Jacqueline , 3/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Phil was awesome and having a "personalized" ceremony was exactly what we were looking for. All of our friends and family LOVED the ceremony and talked about it for days after.

Profile Picture Valerie, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

Rev Phil did an amazing job on our ceremony!
It was well planned and crafted and his delivery was spot on.
He did a great job with following up with us when things were due to ensure that we stayed on a good timeline.
Our friends and family were entertained and it made for a memorable experience.
We're very happy with his service and the outcome of our ceremony. What a great day!

We highly recommend Rev Phil! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Jennfier, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows

Rev. Phil did our ceremony last week and I couldn't even begin to tell you how perfect our day was! We had a small ceremony and wanted the perfect amount of romance and fun, Rev Phil completely nailed it! He was responsive to all our emails and extremely prepared. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

No doubt, Rev Phil is the best wedding officiant in Chicago. He is very professional and outstanding. He really spend his time with us through out the wedding planning. He is well organized and detailedly oriented. I'm truly impressed with his work and talent. I'm glad we had a lot of laughter and no boring moments during the entire ceremony. My wedding guests even remembered some simple details of our love story when the MC quizzes them during the wedding games. Rev Phil made our wedding ceremony so unique and unforgettable. Thank you Rev Phil!

Profile Picture janet, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Orthodox Christian

Rev. Phil is AMAZING and I highly recommend him!!!! All our guests loved him! He is very sweet, dedicated, funny, keeps everyone entertained and laughing the entire time. His ceremony was very meaningful and loved how he told our love story and our secrets about each other which made it very personal. After the ceremony our guest kept telling us how great he and our ceremony was. Rev. Phil takes great pride in what he does and it really shows. He was wroth every penny and I couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Landers is a great person that knows the right words to say to make not only your day special but your guest are included as well and with laughs and tears we couldn't have asked anything else. Everything was perfect

Profile Picture Mary, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am the mother of the bride...All night long we received compliments on how great it was, and that it was so personal.

Several people stated that at weddings the clergymen tend to go on and on and end up losing their audience, but everyone said he kept everyone's attention. He will make you laugh, cry, smile and really enjoy the ceremony.

My husband said---yep, he earned his pay...lol

I will give you a heads up, Rev. Phil is pricer than everyone else. But you WILL get your monies worth out of him. He spends several hours with the couple to ensure he has everything right to ensure your wedding is the best. This does not include the emails he sends out monthly with several suggestions that you may not have thought about. You will truly have a one of a kind wedding.

A week after the wedding we are still getting comments about the ceremony and how wonderful it was.

Profile Picture Vickie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The absolute best! Worth every penny! Rev. Phil will make your audience laugh, cry, and remember the ceremony. Most importantly he will make the day special for you and your partner. He will help you through every step of the planning process and answer any questions you have. He is quick to respond to any questions as well. He was so respectful of our wishes for out wedding. Do not look any further, Rev. Phil is the perfect person to officiate your wedding!

Profile Picture James, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Phil did a fantastic job officiating our wedding ceremony! He is very thorough and detail-oriented. He took the time and effort to really personalize our ceremony. He provided us with a complete script of our ceremony so that we knew exactly what to do and say. It was an emotion-filled ceremony with many laughs and cries (from us and our guests!). We received so many compliments from our guests - A number of people said it was the best ceremony they’ve been to! Rev. Phil really went above and beyond for us. He even attended our reception and said a blessing before dinner. We are so thankful to have found him and I highly recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Phil was very helpful when it came to the planning process of the ceremony and he also gave us instructions on what we needed to provide and different options for certain parts of the ceremony. He was easy to like when we first met him he is a super down to earth person and cracks jokes to help break the ice. Our friends and family have repeatedly told us this was the best wedding they have been to and we know it was partially because our ceremony was not boring and there was a cute love story and servers loves we both didn’t hear until that moment. 10/10 if I could rate him that highly I would!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Worth every penny. Rev. Phil Landers, is a professional, easy and fun to work with. The time and energy he has put into our wedding really showed. Rev. Phil had our guest laugh and cry, he loves what he does and it shows. People always talk about the reception and how much fun it was, no one ever talks about the wedding itself, but with Rev. Phil people will defiantly talk about the ceremony. The ceremony is the most important part of the day and, if you want people to remember it as much as you will Rev Phil is your man.

Profile Picture tony , 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Neither my husband nor I were particularly religious, nor did we know anyone personally who could officiate a wedding ceremony when we first began wedding planning. We searched around the internet, and found countless positive reviews for Reverend Phil. After our initial email up to the wedding, Reverend Phil was always extremely punctual in his replies. In our first meeting alone Reverend Phil got to know us, and based on the pieces of our story that he heard wrote an example portion of our ceremony. If that weren't enough, he asked us to describe a wedding ceremony in particular that we remembered. What we found out was that the wedding we remembered was officiated by one of his team members! Needless to say, the decision to go with Reverend Phil was a no brainer. Even though he is priced higher than other officiants, the quality of his work makes up for it. As expected, we had a countless number of people tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how special it was overall. We had one person tell us that she wants to hire him for her kids wedding (when time). My sister also said that she wants to use him for her wedding, however, she still has to find the guy for that to happen.

Photo for "I Do" Weddings, Ltd. -- Rev. Phil Landers Review - Photo credit - Brian Slawson Photography
Profile Picture Sarah, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Phil helped us have the day we envisioned and was very easy to work with. He made the service wonderfully personal with our shared faith was woven throughout.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Phil is absolutely amazing! He is so wonderful at what he does. The Moto always is you get what you pay for - and that 100% describes Rev. Phil !! Everything he did from the planning to the love story that everyone enjoyed was more than we could ever ask for. We definitely scored when he found him and we were more than grateful to have him as our officiant. He's funny, caring and took so much stress off our shoulders. Worth every single penny we spent! The ceremony is the most important part of your wedding and he was able to make it perfect. The tears the laughter the smiles were on our guests faces while he was speaking. he was so accommodating and quickly responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Thank you so much Rev. Phil for helping in making our day the best day ever!! I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful man! Don't let money be your deciding factor, because he really is worth it all. Our guest enjoyed him and we received many compliments on how memorable our ceremony was! I could thank him a million times!! He is simply the best.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Phil was awesome. Yes he is expensive you you pretty much a wedding ceremony planner. He is super friendly and really easy to work. Myself and my wife live in Oregon, I am from Ireland and she is from Chicago so planing our wedding was a hassle. We decide on Chicago and found Rev Phil almost straight away. As ours was a destination wedding Phil made a huge effort to meet with us through different time zone over Facetime, Skype and many other mediums . He was always quick to answers emails and when all was said and done the ceremony was amazing. The best Thing about Rev Phil is he knows its your (actually the brides) day and makes sure your ceremony is the best it can be.
A word of advice, answer his email questions in detail, he needs the details to make your day great and it makes everything much easier on all parties..... trust me.
All in all if you want a class act of a wedding this is your only man ..... I wish I could give him a higher score than 5 out of 5

Profile Picture david, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you so much for everything you did to make our wedding an unforgettable day! So many of our guests have told us how much they loved our ceremony because of how personal it was to our love and relationship. We could not have achieved that without you.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews