429 Reviews for I Do OBX Weddings

No Denomination (11)
Single Religion (6)
Agnostic (3)
Catholic (1)

I was a bride from Houston, TX planning my wedding in Outer Banks, NC so I was not close to be able to meet with Tony and Mary in person. However, they did such an amazing job I was stress-free this whole process with them. Their website was very easy to determine which package I wanted and the cost. I was in constant communication with Mary about the set up and flowers I wanted.

Tony was wonderful with his website to show us how he planned on having the run down of the wedding. We traveled to NC the week before the wedding and easily got our marriage licence from Tony's website that showed us how. We also met with him before hand to go over everything we wanted; wording, bridesmaids/groomsmen walking, religious views etc. Tony really took the time to get to know us and make us feel as comfortable as possible.

Our overall experience was amazing our guest said they have never been to a wedding with such an amazing officiant that made it so much about us and made them laugh. Everyone loved Tony and our decor!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

We celebrated our wedding on the sound in duck and Tony and Mary made our experience amazing. They are both so very kind, patient and amazing. Tony was made us feel very comfortable during rehearsal and we really thank him for everything. So awesome!!

Profile Picture Catina, 7/3/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Tony was wonderful. He helped us with a surprise wedding while we were on vacation with our family. He put together a non-traditional ceremony for us, incorporating our daughters into the union, just as we requested. He really understood what we wanted and delivered even more than we could have asked. Thank you so much, Tony and Mary!

Profile Picture Lizzy, 6/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary Joseph is seriously the best!! I planned my wedding completely via email from the west coast and Mary was very prompt with her responses and easy to reach. I was able to send her my ideas for the flowers and florals and the final product was beyond my expectations!! My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! The guys that came to set up were very friendly and came and set up everything in a blink of an eye. The set up was so beautiful and perfect!!! Such a great company to work with and I would recommend I Do OBX Weddings to anyone and everyone!! Thank you Mary and everyone at I Do OBX Weddings!!!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/12/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Non-religious

Tony,Mary,and the crew were AMAZING! I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful wedding on the beach. Mary and Tony make the experience and day so special from th very start! They put their whole hearts into their craft to make the day so beautiful. If we needed anything or had any questions Tony and Mary responded right away and was always so personable! I highly recommend having them help you make your day a magical one!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Tony and Mary made all our wedding dreams come true! They are so warm and personable, it was like we were their family! They made sure the process was easy and smooth with all the touches of the Outer Banks. We could not have been more pleased with the service and our beautiful arch right on the ocean. It was a dream come true! We would recommend them to any couple looking for their dream wedding.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had a super hard time finding an officiant we really clicked with. We found Tony about two or three months before the wedding. He really took the time to get to know us, resulting in a personalized ceremony that really rang true to us as a couple. You can't go wrong choosing Tony to officiate. We had many, many compliments from guests about how awesome he was and I completely agree with them.

Profile Picture Michaela, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Single Religion, No Denomination

Working with Tony for our wedding was fantastic! We felt like we knew him from the start, and that relationship grew over the months we spent planning our wedding together. He did a great job helping us with our planning from afar, and was always willing to make time for us when we were in town. We also had our chairs & lighting done through OBX Weddings, and that was so quick & easy to have it all done together.

So many of our guests commented on how fun & personal the ceremony was, and we are very thankful to Tony for that! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Tony was absolutely fantastic! He went out of his way to make sure that the wedding was exactly what we wanted. We did an initial FaceTime call with him and then met with him face-to-face the day before the wedding. It really allowed him to get a feel for us as a couple and allowed him to introduce personal elements into our wedding. After the ceremony, everyone was asking if he was a close personal friend of ours - that is how good he is at making the wedding ceremony about you as a couple! We couldn't be happier that Tony was our officiant!

Profile Picture Teresa, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It was a dream working with the I Do OBX Wedding team. They made it so easy to select from their decor packages - we selected a driftwood arch for our wedding ceremony that looked AMAZING!!! We could not have imagined a better aesthetic for our day - it was perfect in every way. I DO OBX Weddings will work directly with your florist to make the decor pop and customize it to your style, colors, etc. Pricing was very reasonable and their response time was crazy fast. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/26/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I Do OBX Weddings provided the beach setup: chairs, arch and unity table for my daughter's wedding and it was beautiful! Mary was so caring and competent, a pleasure to work with. She was careful to make sure the bride and groom had just what they imagined for their day and provided suggestions to help guide us through the process. The delivery, setup and breakdown process was seamless, our guests all commented on what a beautiful setting it was, special memories for all! If a beach ceremony is on your wish list Mary is your "go to girl." You can check off that part of your special day with confidence you are working with the best! They have so many beautiful items to choose from, something for everyone!

Profile Picture Donna, 4/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Our family would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Tony. Tony went above and beyond in the wedding ceremony he performed. Tony took the time to get to know the couple we all love and support them in their journey of forever.

Profile Picture Mindy, 3/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Tony was absolutely fantastic! He was our officiant and we also used his rental company for our ceremony. As an officiant Tony was professional, funny, and energetic. He made sure that we were comfortable with everything that was taking place throughout the ceremony. As a rental company all of the chairs were in nice condition and the arbor was absolutely gorgeous. Overall, we were extremely statisfied with everything Tony provided the day of our wedding!

Profile Picture Abby, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Tony is a personal friend so when we decided to get married we wanted someone that knew us, but also would learn more of our story. He performed a beautiful ceremony, telling our story to our friends and family and personalized it too. We love Tony and Mary! They also set up the chairs and the driftwood arch. Everything was perfect and laid out exactly as we had discussed.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

I can not express how happy I am that I chose I Do OBX weddings for my beach ceremony in Kill Devil Hills, NC. They were very flexible and easy to work with, and made my dreams come true. Every little touch of detail was perfect and more than I could have ever imagined. We chose the "ocean paradise" package for our beach wedding and it was absolutely stunning. We had cream and ivory roses with blush accents in mason jars and large lanterns, with a birchwood arch. Everything was absolutely gorgeous and flowers were very reasonable. We also had 40 seats on the beach and arranged perfectly so everyone had a great view of the ceremony. Jay Bowman was our reverend and probably our favorite part of the entire wedding. Very charismatic and personable for our ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better beach ceremony, I Do OBX weddings was very professional, and I highly recommend for anyone planning a wedding down in the OBX. Thank you again Tony and Mary, we will never forget our wedding thanks to you all!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Pastor Tony and his wife, Mary, were truly a blessing. Being about 600 miles away was stressful but they both were able to ease my mind each time we talked. They were always prompt with their replies anytime I had a question.

I honestly could not have asked for better....

They are truly amazing!!!!

Profile Picture Wanda, 10/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

I loved how he took care of everything. I lifted not a finger, and was very prompt about sending our marriage license to us. Recommend to anyone!!

Profile Picture tracy, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

I can not say enough nice things about Tony! We came in from Connecticut for our elopement type wedding. So the entire area was new to us! Tony came right to the house we were staying at to make it easier for us to meet before the wedding. He made my husband and I feel so comfortable, we were able to open up so easily to him and we also learned a lot about him in the process too! He worked with us and gave us a run down on exactly how things would go down the day of. We are not a religious couple, but the words he choose to say were beautiful. I keep saying ' if i had to do it over i would pick Tony again!' that would be happening thought because of course my husband and I are so so happy :) haha but maybe if we renew someday :)

The archway was breathe taking as well, walking in and seeing the lanterns and the flowers and everything set up just so really brought tears to my eyes. My bouquet was perfect, exactly what I wanted and Mary was very easy to work with via email correspondence.

Seriously, just can not say enough nice things about these two - they really helped with my perfect day.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Tony performed an absolutely beautiful ceremony that had tears rolling down cheeks and all of our guests acting how we knew him and how long he had known us because it seemed like he had known us forever with how he spoke about us! Not only does he have a fun and light hearted personality, but he is truly good at what he does. He was able to read our personalities in the hour we spent together to put on a truly perfect ceremony (and you can hear him over the waves). We are so thankful we chose Tony!

Profile Picture Lizzy, 10/5/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Agnostic

Tony was so awesome! My husband and I were nervous about our vows since we opted to forgo the rehearsal. But Tony met us before the big day to go over everything and that definitely helped. The words he chose for the wedding day were amazing. He has meticulous attention to detail and had us switch sides during the ceremony so my hair wouldn't be blowing around my face. All of our guests raved about him and what a wonderful job he did. The chairs we rented through him were set up perfectly and came right on time. We were worried that we'd be unable to do the wedding on the beach since Hurricane Maria had just passed through, but the day turned out so great thanks to Tony's help and positive thoughts. We were able to have a beautiful wedding on a sunny beach in Duck!

Profile Picture Christine , 9/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

Mary from I Do OBX Weddings was so responsive and helpful while we made choices for an intimate wedding to take place on the beach in Corolla.

Tropical Storm Maria changed all that with very high winds on the wedding day. Mary and the crew from I Do OBX Weddings did not miss a beat when it was decided to have the wedding in our rental house. Two gentlemen set up a bamboo arch with the most beautiful flowers contrasting against the flowing white fabric. They quickly arranged chairs for the guests in an intimate layout for the ceremony. It seemed as though a memorable ceremony inside the beach house was always meant to be.

Thank you Mary!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tony Joseph is the best officiant on the Outer Banks! We are so thankful and happy that we chose him to marry us! He truely is a friend of ours now who we plan to meet up with each time we visit the Outer Banks once a year now. He always was able to answer any questions or concerns we had for him and always did so in a timely manner. He made us feel that he truely cared about us and is such a sweet, caring, and wonderful person, which you will find out the first time you meet him. Our set up for our ceremony was amazing and so beautiful, it was just what we had asked for! His services are worth every penny you pay, and he gives discounts when you use him as your officiant. Our wedding day was a special one because we got married during the time that Hurricane Maria was hitting the Outer Banks. Tony, his wife Mary, and his crew worked through it every step of the way with us and were bound and determined to make sure our special day would still happen for us, and that all our dreams came true. They set up, married us, tore down and everything during the harsh winds and little rain that we had, just for us! Tony's words that he uses during his ceremonies are wonderful and one of a kind, he speaks from the heart, and doesn't read from a book, which we loved! He will do whatever you ask of him to make sure your day is truely special, and a moment in your life that you will never forget. He is someone we will always connect with, and we stand by him 100%. 5 stars is truely not a high enough rating for this Southern Gentleman! Choose him for your wedding day and you will be very happy and blessed!

Profile Picture Kody and Briana, 9/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

So very thankful for going this route with I Do Obx Weddings. Everything was done and all i had to do was mail invites and show up. The rentals were amazing and beautiful. I heard a lot of "beautiful". My perfectly colored hair wasn't going to grey with details. This package was so worth our sanity.

Tony and Mary were absolutely the BEST. The bouquet was perfect. Exactly like the photo i sent her. The communication was magnificent and a very quick response time. Tony the time to meet with us the day before, looked at the lay of the land and crafted a wonderful ceremony to meet our needs.

If we had to do it over again, absolutely do this route, with I Do Obx weddings andy working with Mary and Tony was a delight.

Profile Picture Amber, 9/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant

We met Tony at the Sanderling Tasting back in the spring of 2016. My husband and I both immediately connected with Tony. He is so easy to talk to and really took the time to get to know us. On September 21, 2017 we had the honor of having Tony officiate our wedding. He made the ceremony so personal and the most memorable and beautiful day of our lives. Many of our family and friends thought we had known Tony for a long time and were surprised when we said we had only connected a year ago. Tony is truly committed to bringing couples together and making the ceremony a loving and spiritual event for everyone in attendance. We are so blessed to have met Tony and we highly recommend choosing him as an officiant for your special day!

Profile Picture Casey, 9/21/17, 3 Reviews