DNA Entertainment Reviews

94 Reviews for DNA Entertainment

1 User photo

DNA Entertainment 1

Maureen · Married on 04/30/2011

DJ Evan from DNA Entertainment was perfect, we had guests come up to us after the wedding and ask if they could get the playlist. Evan had worked with us to customize the wedding playlist but also find music that we loved to hear. Working with this company was really easy and they were extremely professional. A few weeks before the wedding, Evan called us and we went through the music selections with the timeline. He even said that if we needed to change anything at the last minute, he would be able to do that.

There were 3 top things that I loved about our DJ and DNA:
    1) Evan was totally getting in to the music. He didn't just stand there, he looked like he was really enjoying the event and was happy.

2) 2 people came to the event, the DJ and someone to help. They came with 2 sound systems. One for the outside patio and another for the inside wedding reception.

3) The setup also included lighting.

4) The playlist rocked! Loved it.

5) Evan walked through all the music selections for the day and recommended a few if you didn't know any.

Sent on 05/19/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

I keep hearing compliments post-wedding from everyone about how fun they had dancing (even though we had to move the dancefloor inside from the cold) and I never thought the photo booth we had would be such a hit! Especially being able to look through all the photos a couple weeks later, it's ideal for a fun memory for people to take home. DNA was a great service to add to our wedding!

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 05/29/2016

Our DJ had to be top tier since the groom used to deejay in San Francisco. DJ Mario did a great job setting up the ceremony microphones and then was well prepared with the music we picked for the brunch reception. He kept to the timeline we agreed upon and played only the songs we requested. I heard nightmare stories of DJ's going rogue, he didn't do this. He was a perfectionist in honoring our requests. My only suggestion is when the Mother of the Bride asks you to play during the wardrobe change, don't tell her it is not a dancing crowd. Notify the point of contact, in our case, the Maid of Honor and let her decide on MOTB's request. Our peeps were pumped up and ready to dance, dance, dance.The highlight was watching the groom dance to one of his own U.K. Hard House songs from his DJ days. Thanks for making this happen DJ Mario. My maid of honor, husband and I all agree you earned 5 stars.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2011

Working with Anthony at DNA Entertainment was great. He kept such great flow of the evening and was smooth in his transitions. He also did a great job with music selection. We were able to just tell him a few must plays, give him an idea of the feel we wanted and he delivered. Best dance party ever!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Kelley · Married on 11/07/2009

Jon at DNA was awesome. It was great to have someone young with an old soul and a wide musical variety. He captured the mood of our wedding and reception perfectly and contributed greatly to the fun factor! It was awesome.

Sent on 11/23/2009

Michelle · Married on 07/11/2009

I would recommend DNA entertainment to anyone looking for a professional and personable DJ.

Anthony was our DJ and he made sure our guests had a wonderful time dancing to the grooves.

He was quick to accommodate + had a great attitude.

DNA Entertainment came recommended to us by the venue. we were not disappointed

Sent on 07/28/2009
  • User4082087 · 2+ years ago

3.5

DNA is a great DJ service. They were very professional and helpful while I was planning my wedding and the music that we wanted at our reception. Our DJ Evan took the time to talk to me and get to know my like and dislikes of music. Right up until the event he made himself available and was very flexible with any last minute changes I wanted to make. While they were a great service I felt that their prices were very high. Other than that we were happy with them.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Alice · Married on 11/06/2015

Evan was our DJ and he was the best. He played all the songs we talked about and had us on the dance floor all night. I heard from our guests that the music was one of the best music they have heard at a wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Evan Parker can show you a good time! Guests were impressed with the jazz selection during meal service, and all age groups were entertained throughout the course of the night. At one point Evan was jumping up and down with the music while everyone was dancing. Both Evan and the owner of DNA Entertainment contacted us after the wedding and followed up on how they did on our wedding day. When I informed them that different version of our first dance song (female singer vs male) was played, they owned up to it and said they will be more careful in future events. Note to future brides & grooms: perhaps, it could have been miscommunication as well, have the DJ play the song for you, to ensure the right songs are played for your wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2013
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/08/2010

3.5

DNA recently DJ'd our wedding in Monterey, and we were very happy with the results.

The owner, Anthony, was a fast and courteous correspondent, and uber-friendly and professional - a real treat to work with in the lead-up to the wedding.

Darion was the actual DJ at the wedding, and he was very good about pacing the music and avoiding songs we didn't want played - the dance floor was definitely hopping all night.

The only snag of the evening were some of the announcements - although he did everything in a very appropriate and respectful manner (unlike a lot of wedding DJ's I've seen), Darion did have a few bloopers in there - for instance, we were announced as the "husband and groom" when we walked in!!!!

But even with those few snafus, the evening went very well, and hey, if anything had to go wrong, a couple of verbal misquotes were the least of my worries - and it provided a good laugh to our guests! :D

Sent on 05/25/2010

Nina · Married on 09/24/2016

4.2

A senior DJ/owner of company was our wedding DJ for a September wedding in Felton. He was great -professional, easy-going, and fexible. The services are pricy but I did not want to risk it on my wedding day.

Sent on 12/09/2016

3.0

Loved them, we had initially requested a Latin/Hispanic Dj due mostly Hispanic invitee's. it wasn't until days before the wedding we find out that there had been a change and they were unable to accommodate. After our wedding, we said to each other, "the DJ (Collin) did such a great job" so with that said, we loved our DJ

Sent on 10/16/2012

Dani · Married on 06/25/2011

3.5

Jon was our DJ for our Carmel Valley wedding. Both he and Anthony were great to talk to when we had our initial consultation. They had great advice and walked us through several of the decisions we had to make. For the wedding music selection, we noted several songs we'd like played; but unfortunately, my husband and I both noticed many of these never played which we were a little bummed about. We also felt some of the songs selected during the dancing portion of the wedding were a bit tired/played out. I would absolutely hire DNA entertainment again; although next time, I would be more hands on with song selection.

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Roy & Amy

Roy & Amy · Married on 05/08/2010

3.5

We had initially talked to Anthony the owner and he sent us the template of the timeline and songs we would like to hear or not here. We wanted to meet with him since would like to get to know him and his company and he happened to be doing an event at the Hayes Mansion where we were going to be married. Unfortunately he wasnt able to do our wedding since he was booked but he recommended one of his many staff, Nick Nappoli. We talked and email back and forth with Nick and got to meet him the week before the wedding. He did a great job with going with the ALL 80's music. Our wedding went well, but our timeline during the reception started out slower than we anticipated and then found ourselves with 1hr left to do the bouquet toss, garter, money dance and cake. It worked out and none of our guests noticed, but it did stress us out a bit. I advise to be more communicative on your timeline to the DJ, as the reception does goes so fast and things can go differently than you anticipated. The DJ/MC can be able to pay more attention to it than you can and the DJ can adapt to what may of not been expected, so make sure you account for those unexpected and choose more songs than what is proposed.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2012

3.0

This is the only DJ allowed at the perry house. She was very pleasant to work with and followed up repeatedly to ensure she knew what we wanted. The ceremony music was perfect, as we're our specific dances. She did forget a dedication and special dance for my parents 40 th anniversary and during open dance there weren't a lot of people on the dance floor. She played very few of what was on our general must play list.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

3.8
      3.5

The DJ for our wedding was very organized and professional. He followed our timeline to the T! It was a smooth transition from ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. One area of improvement was the variety of music played could have varied a but more that evening. There were definitely songs that we requested and we didn't hear them. People were dancing but I think more could have joined the dance floor with the right combo of music. Still this company was very professional and great with timelines.

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • Kristen and Dave

Kristen and Dave · Married on 08/27/2011

3.4
      3.0

DNA was the number one recommendation for DJ's in Monterey, which is one of the reasons I went with them. There was a lot of miscommunication though out the last few weeks of my planning. I had not heard or met with my Dj and it was very stressful. He did a great job in the end, although I wish he had gone off my must play list a lot more. There were songs I wanted played and never heard them. The owner, Anthony, was great. When my DJ had asked for me to accommodate him the week of my wedding, I had drawn the line and Anthony was very accommodating to me. Despite the issue we had, I would still recommend DNA, but would suggest that clear expectations be communicated from the beginning.

Sent on 09/13/2011
  • Elisa and Matt

Elisa and Matt · Married on 04/30/2011

3.2
      2.0
      3.5

I have mixed feelings about DNA. I had them do my wedding and I thought my DJ did a pretty good job. Some times, he was right on the money with song choices, then there would be a random song i hated thrown in.... but that was ok. I was pretty explicit on my song list (do and don'ts) and they were pretty much followed. I did so that there was to be NO REQUESTS, and people were requesting left and right. But they songs were ok that they requested so that was fine.

We did have a rocking party, but i couldn't tell if it was the dj or the group of peeps? But, either way, we had fun!

He did play the wrong version of the song for the bridemaids to walk down the asile to.... it really set me off. I think that is what made me have a sour taste in my mouth over the whole thing. I was very explicit on what song i wanted them to walk down the asile to. It was an ACOUSTIC version of Kenny Loggins "Danny's Song"... and what played was this 70's woman sining a rendiditon of that song... WITH the words (which was what my biggest fear was). You see, the song says "even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey"..... i just thought it was a tacky line to play at a wedding that cost a pretty penny.

BUT the DJ was very apologetic and didn't try to play it off like he didn't do anything wrong. I appreciated that. That was a stand up move.

Another problem was I couldn't hear the cake cutting song (when I'm 64 by the Beatles) when we did the cake cutting. I wondered why, but I guess some guests said it was playing on the wrong set of speakers. :(

All in all, they were good, not great. I am usually not a sour apple but I guess the whole wrong song thing really affected my rating. All i could hear while i was standing at the end of the asile with my dad waiting for the bridemaids to finish walking was the worst variation of the song i wanted. But it is laughable now, at the time, not so funny! Even my husband while standing on the alter turned to his brother (who helped us pick out the songs) and said "she is gonna be pissed!" LOL

But i did appreciate the apology and that did help out!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Veronica · Married on 05/30/2010

2.5
      2.0
      3.5

For the price we paid for DNA entertainment, I'm not really impressed. They did work with us on price which was great, and they let us e-mail them some MP3's of specific songs for the ceremony. However, they didn't tell us who our DJ was going to be until 2 days before the wedding, and we had no time to meet with him and talk to him about our preferences. They also told us (days before the wedding) that our DJ would most likely be a beginner because we didn't pay the extra $200 for MC services. When he did arrive he had trouble timing the ceremony music so that everyone waited around in silence unsure what to do next, and at the reception he had difficulty with getting the music started for our entrance (which pretty much killed it). They are a nice group, but they seem very disorganized, especially for the price.

Sent on 06/25/2010