DNA Entertainment Reviews

94 | Monterey, CA

94 Reviews for DNA Entertainment

1 User photo

DNA Entertainment 1

Darion did an amazing job with the music! The entire dance floor was packed the whole time, and he was very professional and responsive leading up to the big day. I can't say enough good things about DNA -- these guys know what they're doing!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2012

Darion was our DJ and he was awesome, the music he played was perfect and most of our people didnt stop dancing the whole night! Darion is a professional who handled everything and made our night great, thank you so much Darion! I would also like to add that Anthony the owner was great to work with and professional! Thank you DNA!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Heather · Married on 08/03/2012

We were referred to DNA Entertainment by our wedding planner as this was a destination wedding. All communication was done via phone and email. We met with our DJ Darion Bonnett once we arrived on Monterey. He did a fantastic job with both the ceremony and reception. He really made it a fun evening!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Kathy · Married on 07/20/2012

DNA was easy to work with from the beginning. Our interactions were done all over the phone or email. But the true magic came from Andi our DJ the night of our wedding. She was so amazing!! Truly beautiful human being. She instantly put me at ease when we spoke on the phone for the first time to go over all my song choices and placements . I leaned on her for advise on the "feel" of the reception and making sure we got to play all of our songs. She even supported me doing a Wedding Party dance...she even announced all the parties names. (that was not easy) I was worried about the beach ceremony and the music going smoothly. I was worried about the distance from Andi to the microphones and ALL the readings and songs that we chose. IT was perfect...there was no down time... you could not even tell when the music switched. She emailed us the next day to give us Honey moon advice. She went above and beyond. I just love her. If I got married again...I would use Andi.

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/03/2011

we were a little leary because the DJ we originally met with did not end up doing our reception, which we found out just a week before. but, i think it was for the best because colin did a great job. as requested, there was no cheesiness, minimal talking over the music and GREAT selections. he played to the crowd which was really enjoying hip-hop but that's not what we prefer. the groom asked him change it up a bit and he promptly turned things just enough towards electronica/dance music to keep us happy but still keep the masses dancing. it turned into one of the best dance parties i've been too! i got so many compliments from guests about the music and how much fun they had.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Kristina · Married on 09/03/2011

We worked with Anthony getting everything set up. He always answered all of our questions and was willing to work with us on whatever we needed. Darion was our DJ. We knew it was going to be a challenge keeping the dance floor filled with people because our families were not dancers, but Darion did an amazing job! He even got on the dance floor with us! It was so much fun!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Gayle · Married on 08/27/2011

Our wedding totaled 36 people, many of whom are musicians, so the quality of our music services was extremely important to us. From the preceremony music to the last dance, the music we loved played flawlessly. Evan, our DJ, totally ROCKED! Every detail was on queue. He kept up the energy to the point that our 36 people sounded like 100. He also directed everyone to the cake cutting, first dance, etc. very professionally, yet in a very fun way.
    DJ services are expensive so I cut corners in many other areas so that I could afford this top-notch company and I will never regret it!
    Evan met with us before the ceremony and went over all the details. I can honestly say my wedding music and DJ services were perfect in every way.
    I most highly recommend DNA entertainment and Evan as your DJ. My guests can't stop talking about the reception and the fun that we had.

Sent on 09/03/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2011

DNA was great! They made the whole music process very easy. Our DJ was Darion and he did an amazing job. I gave him very simple and limited instructions of the type of music and attitude we wanted and he came through. He had a great variety of music and it set the perfect mood for the wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2011

Thalia · Married on 07/16/2011

I had Darion as our DJ for our wedding. He did a great job and was able to read the crowd and play all the appropriate music. The communication before and during the wedding was great.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/07/2011

I used Darion from DNA and he was great! I would definitely use him again for any future parties I have. I have been receiving calls from guest of our wedding saying they have never seen such a great DJ. Darion has a gift of being able to change songs in a seamless manner so that there wasn't a quiet moment on the dance floor. We had guests on the dance floor from beginning to end. Thanks Darion!!

Sent on 05/10/2011
  • David

David · Married on 11/25/2010

DNA’s professionalism and experience made sure everything ran smoothly. DNA was one of the first vendors we contacted. We wanted to make sure we had this vendor in place and that they could handle the cultural requests we had and because our wedding was on a holiday. We were assigned Jon as our DJ and he was very responsive in answering phone calls and emails whenever we had questions. We had a venue change 2 weeks before the ceremony and DNA helped us put together a beach wedding. We told them how many people and the location. Everything was set up on the beach when the wedding party got there. Jon played all the requested songs at the right moments (even with us delivering the wedding music 2 hours before the ceremony). Jon took the time to find out which songs to play at certain times during the reception even though the songs were in Russian. His questions helped us get organized and deliver what he needed to DJ our wedding/reception. DNA also edited our wedding dance song down to manageable time so we could use while learning our dance.

Sent on 02/12/2011
  • drgomps

Andrea · Married on 08/22/2010

I was extremely satisfied with the job that Darion and all the folks at DNA for both emceeing and djing my wedding. Everything was handled flawlessly and quickly. DNA took care of the PA system for our ceremony at berwick park, then the reception at the old whlaing station. Darion was flexible and made a great playlist out of my bipolar requests and even helped gather the family and friends and put together a great horrah! Would definitely recommend, a bit pricey compared to some out there, but if you want your wedding to go off smoothly and professionally, its worth the investment.

Sent on 09/05/2010
  • Jenn

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2010

We had the owner, Anthony Karabetyan, as our DJ, and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Seriously, he was ridiculously fast at responding via email (which I loved, since I was planning from another state), paid attention to detail, and was just one of the most charming, charismatic guys I've ever met! And he is AWESOME at his job. My guest list didn't look to be much of a dancing group, but the dance floor was packed all night! He could read the crowd and play what they wanted!

We also had a couple of songs he didn't have in his database, but he got the right ones without any problems. He's great on the mic and knows what he's doing -- for SURE. It was so important to us to have a good DJ who kept the party going and keep people entertained, and he was perfect!!

I HIGHLY recommend Anthony and his DJs at DNA Entertainment!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Kim · Married on 06/12/2010

DNA Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding ceremony and reception. Evan was our DJ and he was very personable and open to all the songs that we wanted played at our wedding and the ones we didn't want played as well. The sound was amazing and people were dancing all night long!! We would highly recommend DNA entertainment for weddings on the Monterey Peninsula.

Sent on 08/28/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/22/2010

Anthony and DNA are awesome! My husband was really picky about the music and Anthony and our DJ Evan made even the pickiest groom happy. Evan was professional, yet cool, totally on point and just great to work with in the week before the wedding and during the wedding itself.
    The pre-planning process with Anthony was great. Poor guy heard from me WAY too many times, but he was always super responsive and so great. He customized his services to fit my budget and I would recommend him to anyone.
    In fact, we liked him so much, we went with his other company for our event rentals - Chic Event Design. Just as awesome to work with! Anthony is a great business man and a joy to work with.
    I think this little story says a lot about his work: We were at a bridal show and saw him there after we'd already been working with him for a number of months. My mom turned to some people looking at his work and said, "you don't even need to think twice about this guy... just book him, he's fabulous." Mom was right - he really is great!

Sent on 06/02/2010

roxann · Married on 02/20/2010

Anthony was the best....he really tried to get people onto the dance floor. You wont' be sorry if you hire DNA Entertainment for your event.

Sent on 02/27/2010

Jason · Married on 10/02/2009

DNA Entertainment and DJ Jon Belmont helped make our wedding a wonderful success and amazing memory. Jon was helpful and had great recommendations that helped us from our first meeting. During the wedding he was professional and personable. He was able to adjust on the fly and keep people on the dance floor all night. He rolled with whatever unscheduled requests we through at him. He even helped the photographer and ended up snapping some photos. I have attended many weddings and parties and Jon was the perfect combination of personable and fun, I would recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Judy · Married on 09/19/2009

I love Anthony! He is really the man. Super fun, high energy, and he made our reception Rock! Everything flowed so well, and he was a true master of ceremonies.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Annie · Married on 09/06/2008

We worked with Anthony, and he was so great. Willing to work with us on our songs, had a great selection, very professional (not cheesy!) and carried off the day flawlessly!

Sent on 09/23/2008

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2017

We chose Darion with DNA Entertainment as the DJ for our wedding reception! He did an awesome job at helping keep everything on schedule and he didn't overpower the event! He was very professional and definitely got everyone dancing!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Darion from DNA Entertainment did a wonderful job!! We had SUCH a great time at the reception! Guests continue to rave about it. Darion provided suggestions on song choices, was on-time, was professional, was engaging. Highly recommend him for your next DJ-event!!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Kaley · Married on 03/30/2013

DNA Entertainment was the absolute best! We couldn't have found a better company to DJ our wedding! Make sure to ask for Darion. Not only did he keep the party pumping all night, he played exactly the music we wanted to hear and even got on the dance floor to show us some common dances. He was outstanding and my guests couldn't stop talking about what a great DJ he was.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Bianca · Married on 03/09/2012

Our DJ for the event was Andrea. She was great. She was very helpful when I couldn't decide on some music options. She was on time and ready to go the day of the wedding. Everything went so smooth. I would definitely recommend Andrea and DNA Entertainment to anyone getting married in the Monterey area!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Antonette · Married on 02/11/2012

Andi Harris deejayed my February wedding.  She was such a pleasure to work with.   We met a month beforehand to discuss details like the big introduction, the first dance, toast, genre of music to play, etc.  It was then that her previous experience as a wedding planner became clearly evident. She had many ideas and knew of the different things that work and things that may not. All stuff that I did not consider or would not have considered not having been married or involved in a wedding before.
    During the reception, Andi kept my husband and I on a tight schedule to insure that our reception stayed on track. She totally nailed our vision for an all-80’s night and played all the fun songs from that era.  And she was wonderful at incorporating my husband’s and my personal/favorite love songs. Her enthusiasm for our festivities was contagious. It was a dry reception.  So it takes a lot of confidence for our guests to get out on the dance floor. But Andi coaxed (really hard) them to get them up out of theirs seats. If you’re looking for a carefree, rocking deejay who will keep you in check for your reception, your best bet is to go with Andi from DNA.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2011

I worked with Jon who did an amazing job at our wedding. We received so many compliments on how well he was able to introduce our wedding party. Jon also worked very well with the music we wanted played at our wedding, as well as last minute dances that needed to be incorporated at our wedding. Thank you Jon!!!

Sent on 12/05/2011