DJX Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Tayler
    Tayler B. Married on 09/25/2021

Gary was amazing

Working with Gary was the best and easiest decision we made when it came to booking our wedding DJ. Gary has DJ’d a number of weddings I have been to over the years, and choosing him for our big day was a no brainer.

I have seen him at work countless times over the years, and knew that the level of professionalism and talent I’d be receiving for my wedding would be unmatched. From day one, Gary was incredibly responsive, and we could tell that he was excited to be a part of our day. As the days got closer, we were able to finalize specifics and our timeline, and I was put completely at ease.

Gary is extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer all of my questions around what to expect and how things would go throughout the day. I had created my own rough timeline of events for our reception, and Gary was able to help me make adjustments and move parent dances around to help the night flow better. I appreciated his input and guidance so much. Gary was also able to accommodate special requests in terms of songs and also making sure a close friend was gifted with a Smirnoff ice at one point in the night. Gary loves to have fun and understood the importance of those small personal touches to make our night perfect. He was also able to mix two songs together to fake out our guests - something him and I worked together on during one of our final phone calls. I loved that he was so eager and willing to add in those special details.

I felt very heard and understood throughout my time working with Gary, and that is incredibly important to me, especially during the wedding process. I felt like it was important to him that our day was a success, and that meant a lot.

Gary kept guests on the dance floor all night, and I really felt like he had a grasp on reading the room to keep things going. I felt that there was a good balance between the songs I had picked out and his own recommendations to please all guests. He also accommodated guest requests as well.

The uplighting Gary provided was an awesome vibe-setter for the night and lit up our tent beautifully.

We also utilized the photo booth that Gary provides, and it was perfect. Barbara was so kind, warm, and inviting all night and the album she put together for us at the end is a keepsake we will treasure forever.

I highly recommend working with Gary and the DJX team for your special day, and can’t thank him enough for all he did to make our day perfect.
  • Kelly
    Kelly S. Married on 10/11/2020

Hire DJX if you want your DJ to Kick Ass

After having been Groomzilla so my beautiful Bride didn’t have to, Gary put me at ease the first time I met him. We gave him an idea of how we wanted the night to go, and he over delivered on our expectations. His command of the vibe and flow during the entirety of the most important night of our lives was such that I can’t realistically say that we didn’t beat him a little on the price. In retrospect, I’d pay have paid anything to guarantee the service we received. And that is no BS. The professionalism that was delivered should be considered a benchmark of this industry and coming from a person that occasionally has unreasonable standards within my own industry, just know that it takes a lot to say this. We threw him multiple curve balls throughout the night, after we promised him we wouldn’t, and he nailed each of them so flawlessly nobody in the room was the wiser. It was awesome, and I’d implore you to have the buck stop here. I have no idea how far he travels, but this is the outfit you want.
    Alison Married on 09/28/2019

DJX Rocked the House

Gary and his team did a wonderful job keeping our wedding on track and the dance floor packed all night. He ran our reception from beginning to end with ease and professionalism. He will keep you updated on changes, or suggestions to anything throughout the entire process, and is very quick to respond to you. We have been receiving so many compliments on how much fun people had and the great music that was played. If you want a photobooth for your wedding, ShootMe Photobooth who works with DJX Studio does a great job keeping guests entertained and capturing some fun moments throughout the night. Book them, they ROCK!!!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 09/27/2019

Charles was amazing

We had Charles for our wedding and he was fantastic!! Everyone commented on great he was at keeping the party going! He was very memorable and not just your run of the mill DJ!
    Barbara P. Married on 09/18/2019

Top notch professional who can read a room

As a mother of the bride planning a wedding from afar was tedious, yet DJ GARY worked closely with my daughter and come wedding by day provided not only a wonderful reception dance party but an outside ceremony with beautiful instrumentals. Top notch...move to NY!
  • Savannah
    Savannah Married on 09/14/2019

5 out of 5

DJ Brendan aka BREN is THE BEST !!! With mine and Derreck schedule he offered to have our consult at our house which was super convenient and casual. He went over all the details from the lighting, to the entrance songs, first songs, do not play list, cake music, last dances, garter/bouquet music, etc. I actually got on the stage at one point and ROCKED OUT MY OWN LIGHT SHOW !!!! he made our night so special and effortless!! I would recommend Bren to anyone looking for professional DJ that really has it all thought out and put together nicely!!!
  • Jenna
    Jenna C. Married on 08/19/2019

The best in the business

Gary and Charles were AMAZING! They got the crowd hyped and knew exactly what songs to play to get everyone dancing. Our guests kept saying it was the best wedding they have been to. Even the venue staff said to us at the end of the night. "wow you had a good DJ" that says a lot coming from people who work at weddings every weekend. Music can make or break a wedding and they NAILED it! Thank you!!!!
    Rebecca P. Married on 08/03/2019

DJX Rocks!

DJ Gary executed a perfect wedding reception for my husband and I at 1620 Winery at Cordage Park. He was initially recommended through the venue, and we are so glad we selected his services for our celebration. From the beginning stages of planning, through the final song of the night, Gary was attentive to our individuality and made sure our guests had a fantastic time. He listened to our requests at every stage and worked with the venue to ensure a smooth evening which included cocktail hour, introductions, cake cutting, and much more. In the days after our wedding, our friends and family commented on how great he was, and we couldn’t agree more. We would not hesitate to hire him and his team of professionals to make your night perfect.
    Cindy Married on 07/12/2019
    We got married 5/01/2010 and Charles was awesome. I work in the bridal industry and know a lot of DJs who would have done our wedding, but for my wedding I wanted Charles. We used him for both our ceremony and reception and everything went perfectly. Everybody was dancing, rocking out and having a blast. He worked with me on all my requests and I had many!! He made excellent suggestions and was just the best. We have since hired him for 2 other events and I now recommend him to all my brides.
  • David
    David T. Married on 09/29/2018

The real deal!

DJ Gary and the DJX Studios team are unmatched. Combining high energy, customization of every detail specific to us as a couple, and reading the crowd to provide a high quality mix that left no one in their seats, DJ Gary nailed it! Every step of the way, Gary made our wedding entertainment personal to us. From providing ceremony audio support for our officiant and wedding singers, recessional music, serving as our emcee, and bringing the crowd to the dance floor with great mixes, Gary nailed it. He creates a high energy atmosphere with up-lighting and video towers, and made our day unique to us with a few personalized touches. Our best man and best woman had surprise entrance music prior to their toasts, and Gary got the crowd up and moving as soon as dinner was finished. Our last dance was so well orchestrated and capped off the night in such a celebratory and powerful way -- we were in awe. From our first phone call to our final details meeting, Gary was always only a phone call away and easy to connect with no matter what our question was. He wanted to get to know us as a couple from the start and we could not be more thankful for all of his talents, vision, and professional know-how. The real deal!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing DJs!!!!

DJ Charles, Josh and Matt added an extremely unique and high energy to our wedding day through their musical talents. From the beginning stages of planning our wedding to the actual wedding, DJ Charles and his team were attentive to our needs, song choices and styles. Their attention to detail is impeccable and you can tell that they have a very strong passion for what they do. Everything was perfect and the energy for the day was maintained from the ceremony to the cake cutting and end of night dancing. DJ Charles, Josh and Matt were a fantastic team that kept the party going for us and timed songs really well! We were very lucky to have DJXStudio as our wedding DJ!!!

Overall, DJXStudio provided phenomenal service. They are attentive, friendly, flexible, professional and supportive with customer service as their main focus. We highly recommend them for weddings, parties, dinners and any event you can host. Our family and friends could not and cannot stop stop talking about the awesome playlist and all the fun they had! We can't either.
  • Jodie
    Jodie Married on 08/27/2017
    Charles and Gary were hands down incredible!!! From our first phone call with Gary we felt heard, taken care of and knew we were about to have fabulous party at our wedding! They listened and executed every detail we had asked for and added their own magic touch. This Virgo was able to let go, be present and trust. So grateful for their energy, compassion and love for what they do. We couldn't recommend them enough!
    Becca Married on 06/17/2017
    DJX was amazing to work with, especially Charles! We actually hired a band so we didn’t use DJX for DJ services, but we did use them for our ceremony PA system and uplighting needs which we were both very happy with.

When we reached out about uplighting to book it, Gary was helpful and responsive, so we booked it right away. Then a week before our wedding, our band sent us their quote for the PA system but when they gave us the quote, it seemed expensive so I asked DJX for their pricing and within such short notice, Gary still provided us with a way more reasonable quote, so we decided to book them to provide that service too.

On the day of our wedding, Charles was there operating the PA system and uplighting. Our PA system worked great – everyone could hear the ceremony easily, and same with the readings. During cocktail hour, Charles asked me and my husband if he could pull us aside for a minute to confirm we liked how the uplighting looked (it was preset to our wedding colors as we asked) and brought us into the reception room to show us. He explained we could change anything we wanted but we kept it as he had it because it looked amazing. He was so friendly and knowledgeable and it was a really nice moment to be in the room before all the guests came in! We were really happy with him doing that and turns out he got married at the same venue!

He was one of the best vendors we worked on our wedding day hands down! We’d highly recommend DJX studies to anyone!
    Sarah Married on 04/22/2017
    DJ Charles was amazing for our wedding. The dance floor was completely packed the entire night and everyone complemented us on the music they played. He incorporated all my song requests, and had awesome choices of his own. Everyone complemented us on the music the whole night and after!! The whole process from booking, to the online portal, to planning the weeks prior was so easy, and I'm so happy we had him at our wedding to facilitate all the speeches, dances, timelines etc. Definitely highly recommend!!
    Gerald Married on 04/01/2017
    We booked our wedding through Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, MA. DJX Studio was an option in our package and seemed to be well respected by the other vendors. Charles and his team were amazing. The wedding prep was simple and all online. He was able accommodate any request we could think of and brought great ideas to the table. Charles is not just a DJ, he was the life of the party. One piece I really appreciated was how he walked us through the wedding step by step and I never had to wonder what comes next. Since the wedding, many people have told us how great the wedding was and "The DJ was Awesome" seems to be a common statement. You can't go wrong if you pick these guys.
    Holly Married on 11/19/2016
    DJ Charles Bernard was our DJ for our wedding on November 19, 2016. He was absolutely fantastic, from the planning process through the entire night of the wedding! He was very helpful and responsive and our wedding went off without a hitch. I rarely use the word perfect, but that's how I felt the night went - and a huge part of that was due to DJ Charles and his team. He also did our ceremony as well. I recommend his services to anyone who wants an excellent experience :)

Holly
    Christine Married on 10/29/2016
    I can't say enough about Charles and his team! From start to finish one of the most professional vendors we worked with. Very organized and accommodating , made suggestions and ensured everything was perfect and ready to go before the big day. As for the wedding we were completely blown away him and Josh , they made sure everything went smooth and kept me in the loop with how things were going to play out. The crowd could not get enough , before Ryan and I were introduced he had the 200+ people fired up to be there it was so loud people were so excited to be there ,Ryan and I were smiling ear to ear! Our guest stayed on the dance floor the entire night including people who do not dance! They played the crowd and its exactly what we wanted.At the end of the night people were begging for his contact information and asked if he was coming back to the hotel to party! We can't thank you guys enough you made our wedding ceremony and reception an absolutely fabulous evening.
  • User2747355 2+ years ago
    Charles and his assistant Josh were amazing! Many of our guests came up to us to say how great our dj was and that Josh's dancing was so fun. They had the dance floor full for the entire night. They were also able to roll with the punches when there were a few snafus (caused by our lack of planning - not theirs). Charles also made a few changes/surprises that we had not discussed, but kept the energy up and ended the night perfectly!! I cannot speak highly enough of our experience and would definitely recommend them to someone else.
    Victoria Married on 08/06/2016
    I can not write enough praise and good things about this DJ!! He and his assistant josh were so so amazing!! They made my wedding so much fun. There up lighting was incredible turned my reception venue into something totally different and fun. They music they played kept everyone dancing all night. He worked with my uncle to pull of this huge hilarious surprise for me. He had all my guests pumped up and enjoying themselves. I had forgotten the stickers I needed for giving away by centerpieces. So last minute he came up with this hilarious game to give away the centerpieces which has everyone laughing and dancing. It was a destination wedding for us and he spoke with me on the phone multiple times before the wedding to make sure everything was perfect and in order for my big day. You NEED this man as your DJ!! There was another wedding at the venue we choose. There DJ came to our wedding when it was over and asked our DJ how he kept Everyone dancing and having a good time!! This man is incredible and so so so nice!! I truly can not say enough good things about him!!
    Heidi Married on 08/05/2016

Great DJ with talent

DJX studios was great to work with and ensured that we had a full dance floor all night long. Charles and his team are very talented and made sure that every second of every song we wanted were played and cut if needed. Our guests continue to talk about how great the DJ was. I highly recommend them!!
    Megan Married on 07/23/2016
    Charles was awesome to work with for our wedding at Waverly Oaks Golf Club in Plymouth, MA! His website is easy to use and you can make playlists of your favorite songs so he knows more about your music style. When we met face to face, I could see how truly excited and passionate he was about DJing our wedding. He was able to edit our first dance song and my father/daughter song so they were just what we needed. The Uplighting that we added as the day got closer was such a good decision- definitely added so much to the atmosphere of the wedding! Guests were complimenting the DJ to us all night which was awesome to hear. If you hire Charles, you won't be disappointed!!
    Kelly Married on 06/25/2016
    DJ Charles, Josh, and the DJX team are absolutely the best! Charles and Josh had the dance floor packed the whole night of our wedding! They worked with us every step of the way before the wedding, and made sure everything ran smoothly that day. They get to know you as a couple and your style, and they make sure that the music reflects that while keeping the party going all night! We love the DJX team and would recommend them to anyone!!
    Kim Married on 06/11/2016
    I knew Charles prior to us booking him for our 6/11 wedding. He is by far the most energetic, enthusiastic and genuinely nice guys I have met! We felt so comfortable booking him! He gave us so many ideas to run with. Our wedding was at Jones River Trading in Kingston, and Charles and Josh lit that place up so beautiful with uplighting and a personalized floor monogram! We had a very mixed crowd, which can be tough to keep on the dance floor, but we had a pretty good crew out there the whole night! Charles is the guy you want to give your event that extra boost that it needs!! Thank you Charles and Josh for making our wedding a time to remember!
  • Millhouse1212
    Tracy Married on 12/12/2015
    Charles and his assistants did a wonderful job DJ-ing our wedding in 2015. We really enjoyed our meetings with him and his ability to learn our individual styles and musical tastes. He did some special touches for us that we didn't even anticipate (like wearing a purple shirt to coordinate with our wedding or playing a funny song that worked with our Best Man's name as he walked up to the mic for a toast). Charles was a great MC of the wedding, moving everything smoothly with all of the moments of the night (toasts, parent dances, etc). Essentially, as soon as we were introduced, I worried about nothing regarding the music and I think this is something every bride wants. We also loved having the photobooth and the staff who worked the booth could not have been more professional or kind. I loved how they made us a physical book of the photos the night of the wedding, as well as a digital copy afterwards.

We enthusiastically recommend Charles and his team!
  • User2426172 2+ years ago
    DJ Charles Bernard is the best! There was never an empty dance floor! He kept the crowd pumped all night!