DJHAWK LLC Reviews

41 | Ashburn, VA

41 Reviews for DJHAWK LLC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amit · Married on 11/23/2018

Did an incredible job as DJ and emcee for our wedding

DJ Hawk did an incredible job as DJ and emcee for our 200+ person wedding. Our dance floor was packed all night and he did a great job of balancing Indian and American music while also accounting for our requests. We received many compliments from friends about the music and DJ Hawk gave us lots of flexibility and support for things like our big entrance at the reception, the wedding baraat, and handling music for our family who performed dances.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Samuel · Married on 05/13/2017

DJ Hawk was a wonderful DJ for both our wedding reception and the event the evening prior. From the time of booking, he was extremely professional and communicated quickly and clearly. He was an excellent MC and made both events run smoothly. He was also very good about asking guests to check in with myself or my groom when they had requests about program changes, etc. Also, I knew we had picked the right DJ when I was stressed and running around, already late, for the first event and couldn't make it to the venue early as I had planned- I texted him to let him know, and he responded quickly and calmed me down immediately by reassuring me that he was all set up and the venue decor was all ready (without even knowing that I was stressed about setting up decorations!). Would definitely recommend him for all others planning their weddings!!

Sent on 05/27/2017

DJ Hawk provided music for our wedding day all day from the baraat, wedding ceremony, to the cocktail hour and reception. His music is great and he will work with you in regards to incorporating the type of music you would like to have. He is extremely flexible and great to work with!!! He makes the party hopping!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Nithya · Married on 08/28/2016

DJ Hawk is simply amazing! We had a traditional South Indian wedding, so we wanted a DJ that could reflect our Indian culture / music, as well as play our favorite top hits as well. DJ Hawk understood our vision perfectly, and kept the party going through 3 events - our Mehendi / Sangeet (pre-wedding ceremony), the ceremony, and of course the reception! Our family and friends had such an AMAZING time, and it was thanks to DJ Hawk. From our first consultation to the wedding, DJ Hawk was professional, responsive, and absolutely attentive to our requests. We enjoyed working with him and would absolutely recommend his services! Thank you DJ HAWK!

Sent on 02/26/2017

DJ Hawk was the absolute best, and I could not recommend better. We began our search for a DJ in January, and our top concerns were finding someone who could provide just the right mix of Punjabi Bhangra, modern western tunes and wedding reception standards to appease our eclectic mix of guests and family, and finding someone willing to travel a bit outside their standard area of service (the wedding was in the Shenandoah Valley). We really lucked out with DJ Hawk.

From the beginning, he was a breeze to work with. We booked him and I put together a one-page music overview outlining the general types of music we were looking for as well as a list of "must plays." I also included a timeline of how we wanted the ceremony to play out (when the first dance would be, the cake cutting, etc). He took it from there! Easy!

On top of all this he was simply a pleasure to work with and a very nice guy. He made our special day even more-so and it doesn't get any better than that. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Sukriti · Married on 04/22/2016

We were looking for a DJ who would play what we wanted. While having an Indian wedding, we have a more eclectic music taste and wanted more of an American playlist. Also, neither of us are the biggest top 40 music fans. This is how we stumbled upon DJ Hawk while reading wedding wire reviews. He was on point, playing music that both of us and everyone else enjoyed. He followed the schedule of songs we gave to him and also read the room to play different songs at key points, completely unscripted. He also mixed some songs for us that we played during the ceremony. Further, his pricing was reasonable when compared to the other DJ's in the area; he is is own show and can save you costs while still delivering a professional production. His uplighting was perfect!

Sent on 04/26/2016

We were thrilled with DJ Hawk and his services! I read his fantastic WeddingWire reviews before choosing him and was not disappointed. DJ Hawk had excellent communication- he responded to emails/texts/calls promptly. He was flexible and easy to work with in terms of planning our event. He was very organized and helped us create a sensible/detailed timeline during the 2 week leading up to our wedding event. His music selection was excellent- bhangra, EDM, bollywood, top 40, etc- he plays it all! He knows how to get the crowd on the dance floor and to keep them dancing. His sound and lighting systems are awesome! I would highly recommend him to friends/family for future events!! Glad to have worked with him.

Rinal & Aneesh
    Anne & Ashish

Sent on 04/25/2016

DJHAWK LLC's reply:

Thank you guys so much, the crowd and food was awesome!

DJ Hawk was absolutely fantastic. We used him for an Indian Engagement Party. From setting up before the ceremony to being flexible with our schedule and requests, he made it an amazing atmosphere while keeping the focus on the couple. We had a mix of Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, and American music played and he kept everyone on the dance floor and going, while playing off of the crowd and what we were responding to. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for someone to keep the party going and be a great DJ for all the little things leading up to the late night dance party. Thank you DJ Hawk!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Shahana · Married on 07/25/2015

DJ Hawk was amazing to work with from start to finish! He was so flexible in meeting with us and also adding last minute DJ needs! He also did our lighting for us and the blue teal color we wanted was perfect! He kept our guests on the dance floor for 2 hours straight dancing the night away and people didn't want to leave.

Sent on 08/10/2015

He was amazing! Multiple people came up to me to tell me how awesome our DJ was and what a wonderful job he did! He played the right music at the right time! I would definitely recommend him to anybody I know.

Sent on 08/19/2015

DJ Hawk was our DJ and Emcee and did an excellent job at providing those services. He was very professional and responsive from the very beginning and provided great value for the money. I gave him free reign to play the music at the reception and he did a wonderful job at getting the party started and kept it going to the very end. He also took some requests from the guests. There was a minor issue with the electrical system at the hotel that nobody anticipated but DJ Hawk and our event manager did a great job at taking care of it and we would not have known that something was wrong had they not kept us up to date with everything (We appreciated that we were kept in the loop at all times)

We are very happy happy with DJ Hawk's services and would most certainly recommend him to other brides (especially for Indian weddings).

Sent on 07/12/2015

Suresh · Married on 06/13/2015

DJ Hawk played at my wedding and he was amazing! He made everything very easy with a perfect blend of attention to detail without being too fussy. On the day of the event, he came in well in advance and was completely prepared and ready to go on time. He even jumped in on a last minute request to MC the proceedings and did a wonderful job. Once the party started, he was outstanding. He judged the crowd's mood perfectly and had everyone dancing well past midnight. He helped make our wedding truly memorable!

Sent on 06/23/2015

DJ Hawk was great. He provided great options for music, was flexible with our schedule, and did not miss a beat throughout the weekend. He was a great DJ and an amazing value for the services he provided. I highly recommend him for events.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2013

My guests were gushing about how good the music was throughout the reception and afterwards. DJ Hawk surpassed our expectations and made our day and evening extra special with a mix of our songs and the ones he picked, perfect event!! I highly recommend him for DJ services, especially south asian weddings.
    Thanks DJ Hawk!

Niharika (bride)

Sent on 10/16/2013

Amira · Married on 09/01/2013

DJ Hawk was great! From the very start, he was professional, on time and responsive. My husband and I had a fusion wedding (White & Bengali) - and DJ Hawk did a great job mixing the music to get everyone on the dance floor. He was our DJ for two events, the mehendi and the wedding - everyone had a great time because of DH Hawk's ability to get people excited! He has excellent taste in music and was a a great MC!

We would highly recommend him!

Amira & Brian

Sent on 10/10/2013
  • F

Farooq · Married on 08/24/2013

Dj Hawk was incredible. He was able to bring his DJ experience of several years to our party and provided great entertainment for our wedding guests well beyond our expectations. He is familiar with all types of music and caters to the crowd mood in selecting the right songs at the right time. I will certainly use DJ Hawk for my future events.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Sunita · Married on 05/17/2013

He was great to work with and the music and service he provided was excellent, exactly what we wanted.

Sunita Lal

Sent on 06/12/2013

Jerusha · Married on 11/03/2012

I HIGHLY recommend DJ Hawk! He was such an awesome vendor to work with - extremely friendly and accommodating! We had hired another deejay, who canceled on us four weeks before our wedding (eek!), and DJ Hawk stepped in and did an even more phenomenal job than the other vendor ever could have. We were so pleased with his repertoire and professionalism! You won't go wrong with him!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Angela · Married on 09/22/2012

DJ Hawk was recommended to me by a friend. I am glad to have found him. I had previewed the online videos of some of the big DJ companies and felt that they were too corny for me.

DJ Hawk accomodated my requests for dinner music, and was able to locate our somewhat obscure first dance song. I gave him free reign for the dance portion of the evening, and he did a great job. The guests were dancing and commented on what a great "party" it was.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • Nili

Nili · Married on 07/28/2012

DJ Hawk did a fantastic job. During the planning stages, MD was always incredibly responsive and helpful.

For the event itself, we had a unique event (Indian / Western / military fusion) and MD was able to handle it perfectly. The first night was a Raas / Garba (Indian dancing) with dinner in a hotel. The second night was a fusion wedding ceremony on a boat, followed by dinner and dancing.

For both events, MD showed up on time and was ready to go - well before I even got there. The music he played was perfect - he read the mood of the crowd and was able to switch between Western and Indian music based on what people were in the mood to do. His announcements were well-timed and professional. At one point, when my non-Indian guests got a bit confused about how to do some of the Indian dance moves, he jumped right in with an announcement to help them out.

During the chaos of setting up, MD was very low maintenance. There were a couple of minor issues that I had not anticipated with the sound system on the boat, but MD identified them, came up with a solution, and then briefly ran it by me to make sure I was ok with it. He also took the initiative to quickly confirm the plan for the evening to make sure we were on the same page. He made things so easy for me.

We were very happy with DJ Hawk's services and would highly recommend them to future brides!

Sent on 08/11/2012

DJHAWK LLC's reply:

Thank you, it was my pleasure. Great hospitality and awesome food, both parties rocked!!!

Sophia · Married on 07/09/2011

DJ hawk responded to my emails within minutes and helped to work out a solution to fit my budget and my wedding needs. He was able to play the variety of music we needed to suit our mixed cultured and aged crowd and also incorporated our suggested song playlist. He played all the main songs I had sent him right on time for major events of the wedding without needing any extra reminders. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Ramesh · Married on 05/29/2011

DJ Hawk was great to work with. I am indian and my wife is american (white) and he did a great job mixing the music and cultures to get everyone out onto the dance floor, and he kept everyone on the dance floor. He was also great at keeping up with a wedding day that had two ceremonies in two different locations in the hotel. HE WAS AWESOME!!!

Sent on 08/12/2011
  • U

Usman · Married on 03/26/2011

DJ Hawk was terrific. He showed up on the time requested, got set up well before our event's start time and had all the music we requested. Once the dancing got started, the transitions were great from one song to the next which made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor. I would recommend him to all those interested.

Sent on 03/31/2011
  • User3111931 · 2+ years ago

DJ Hawk did a fantastic job at our wedding. Great service!!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Cynthia · Married on 07/18/2010

Hawk's selection of music kept the crowd going on the dance floor and mood upbeat the whole night, which would normally be challenging for a multi-cultural guest list that we had but not a problem for Hawk. He had top notch equipment, and even had extra mics for us to use for a group performance that was done by the wedding party for the bride and groom. Hawk was very accomodating and worked with us when we had to make some last minute changes to the program due to some unforeseen circumstances. I highly recommend Hawk for any occasion that requires a DJ.

Sent on 07/20/2010