145 Reviews for DJGreyhound DJ Services

Consultation (11)
MC (11)
One Event Per Day (11)
Liability Insurance (4)

When planning our wedding, Vern could not have been more accomodating and responsive to our needs. He was a perfect DJ, and such an amazing value. I would highly recommend DJ Greyhound to anyone looking for a wedding DJ in the Baltimore area!

Profile Picture Mike, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vern was an amazing vendor partner. He was incredibly professional, but also knew how to keep the party going at our wedding! After two consultations, one about a year before the wedding and another one week before, he had everything completely handled. When we were a bit stuck on song selections, he had good ideas that helped us a lot. Our first dance song was slightly obscure, but he didn't even blink an eye. We loved having DJ Greyhound and would highly recommend him for future weddings (or other parties)!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJGreyhound did an amazing job at our wedding. We initially decided to reach out to him because we loved his website - it's easy to follow and gives you all the information you need, including his pricing, availability, his standard playlist, the prep sheet he uses, and a little about his business. He was professional throughout the entire process; you can tell he's been doing weddings long enough to know exactly what to do, but not so long that he's grown tired of it - he was passionate about DJing when we met with him and he did a great job for us. He provided the sound system and music for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as our reception, and made all of the announcements throughout the night. The dance floor was packed until almost the end of the night (when people just needed a break because it was getting hot!) and then he managed to get everyone back on the dance floor for the chicken dance, one of my special requests! He left a CD of our wedding songs for us on our gifts table, such a thoughtful thing to do!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/27/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vern was a pleasure to work with in all ways. He was very responsive to emails and had a request/scheduling sheet that really helped us cover all of the bases for the reception and ceremony. For the day of he was prompt, professional, and kept us to the schedule. And, despite us having a bunch of special requests, he did a great job accomodating our song and schedule choices. His rates are very competitive with the area, and he is a great value all around.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so happy to have chosen DJ Greyhound for our reception. He played an amazing set that had almost everyone up dancing most of the night. The pre-wedding information sheet covers all the bases in choosing special music for various parts of the ceremony and/or reception and he accommodated our special requests easily. The fees for service were well within our budget--and generally a bit lower than many other DJ services we checked before making a decision. We happily recommend DJ Greyhound!

Profile Picture Tina, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

DJ Greyhound was the absolute BEST!! He really went above and beyond for our wedding. He took the time to play the songs we requested and was an overall wonderful DJ! He even made us a CD with all of the songs that he played at our wedding for us to keep. It was so sweet and thoughtful. You will NOT be disappointed with DJ Greyhound! Thank you so much for an amazing night at our wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Greyhound was an absolutely amazing DJ for our wedding! From our initial meeting with him, we knew we wanted him to be a part of day. He made the planning process really easy and was always very responsive. At our reception, he kept the dance floor totally full the entire night and everyone had a blast! He kept the event flowing perfectly all night. We got so many compliments on his services from our wedding guests! We would absolutely recommend DJ Greyhound without hesitation for a fun and stress-free experience.

Profile Picture Claire, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Vern is the absolute best DJ out there! During the planning process he was always available for any questions or concerns. During our week of call to finalize details- Vern was very detailed and double checked every area to ensure a smooth experience during our introductions and reception. We had a few last minute challenges with our ceremony musician, and Vern was gracious enough to step up to the plate and create a back up plan just in case the ceremony musician was unable to perform. My (now) husband and I were so thankful to have someone so experienced and friendly in charge of our music! I can't count how many guests came up to me during the reception to ask for Vern's name and info- they could not get over how great of a music selection he played. Would definitely recommend DJGreyhound services for a smooth and stress free DJ experience for your wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend DJ Greyhound - he was extremely professional, very responsive, and provided an overall great experience. We couldn't have been any happier. He exceeded my expectations on our wedding day and made the process so easy and seamless. The music was exactly what we wanted and he filled in the gaps with what he knew we and our guests would like. Everyone had a great time and danced all night!

Thank you DJ Greyhound for an overall amazing experience and making our day so special! We can't thank you enough!

Profile Picture Bailey, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Vern was exceptional at our wedding. At the last minute we had to change our wedding ceremony to our plan B inside once it started to rain. Vern has no problems adapting to this and was ready to go in no time. He played all of the songs we requested correctly and did a great job keeping helping with the flow of reception and keeping the schedule of events on time.

Profile Picture Matt, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vern was a fantastic DJ! He kept the party going with a wide variety of music to choose from so there was something for everyone. Thank you for making our wedding so great! We recommend him to all of our friends getting married in the future.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Vern was great to work with! He is very professional and organized. He was really responsive in making sure our requests were met and he knows how to help the reception timeline run smoothly!

Profile Picture Kara, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vern was awesome to work with! He was always available to us for any questions during the planning process. He really cared about our opinions and took care of our needs. He is very detailed and will let you know if you've missed something. During the wedding, he catered well to the crowd and let the flow of the night take care of the playlist. Everyone had a great time and wanted even more of the night. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Christian, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Greyhound was fantastic- we couldn't be happier. For our reception we wanted a DJ that would energize the crowd with his music without a lot of hype. Vern had the skills and delivered. During dinner the music was upbeat and unobtrusive and Vern was smooth with his introduction of the toasts. He kept an eye on the schedule so I didn't have to think about it at all. He managed the mood of the dance floor and got everybody going - not just the guests in their twenties and thirties. The kids on the dance floor were hilarious and even the grandparents did a turn or two. I had interviewed other DJs before I booked DJ Greyhound but his professionalism stood out and I knew I could trust his judgment. I am so glad that I did!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would definitely recommend DJ Greyhound! Very professional, followed all instructions/requests, etc. and donates a portion of earnings to a really good cause!
I would use DJ Greyhound if I ever plan another wedding or have another celebration or event requiring a DJ.

Profile Picture LAURA, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a great experience with Vern. He listened to what we wanted and provided just that. He did a great job of mixing oldies, classic favorites, and current songs. Our dance floor was lively the entire night!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/13/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Greyhound was great! He was responsive to our needs, professional, and did a truly fantastic job as our wedding DJ last year. Highly recommend, we were very happy with him.

Profile Picture User7630851, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Greyhound was a consummate professional, fantastic in every way! He was refreshingly responsive, took our requests and needs seriously, and every single person at our wedding got up, danced, and commented on how amazing the music was. He was also instrumental in keeping the flow of the wedding on track and getting people moving to where they needed to be exactly when they needed to be there. He was absolutely fantastic!

Profile Picture User7244748, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Vern was a great DJ! He was so wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding as well. He was a perfect mix of laid back and made the wedding carry a great vibe. i loved that we were able to pick music ahead of time! The wedding music was great thanks to Vern!

Profile Picture Deirdre, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJGreyhound was picture perfect. He was more than we hoped for in a DJ, and went above and beyond to make sure he did everything he could to help our day go as perfect as possible. 1000000% yes, I recommend DJGreyhound for your wedding or any other event you would need!

Profile Picture Brandon, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

100% recommended! Vern was great from day one - so easy to communicate by email and was extremely flexible when the weather wasn't looking like it would cooperate leading up to the wedding. Everyone had a fantastic time at the wedding and we couldn't have been happier. Lots of music choices, very flexible in terms of music that isn't in the catalog, and the planning sheet allowed us to customize everything could've wanted. It was a pleasure working with him.

Profile Picture User6777827, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

DJ Greyhound was timely, flexible, accommodating, responsive and friendly to work with!! (and played great music!!!) He was great in providing us with a questionnaire to get an idea of both of our tastes in music. It also helped US create a more focused playlist that we both loved and the guests would love too. He also included a sample timeline of events for the ceremony/reception and that took less stress off our shoulders and made the planning process a bit easier. We also had a thorough phone call a couple weeks before to go through the day’s events to make sure we both were on the same page.

He was also flexible in last minute changes; our intent was to have the ceremony/reception outside and cocktail hour inside. But due to weather we had the ceremony/cocktail hour outside and the reception inside and he was completely flexible and accommodating. And he double-checked that he was pronouncing the wedding party’s names correctly which I personally appreciated.

Lastly, the music!! It was great!!!! I wanted to dance to it all!! He played the genres we liked and there was a bit of everything for everyone! Our guests also told us how much they enjoyed the DJ’s music which made us happy to hear. I told the DJ to not take requests because I didn’t want to end up with a night of songs I didn’t want to dance to so one person mentioned that but that was MY CALL and I am still very happy with that decision. (I asked guests for their song requests in our wedding invitations and incorporated them into OUR song requests.) So consider this when working on your playlist.

Overall it was definitely a 10 out of 10!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Vern did an excellent job DJing my ceremony, cocktail hour and wedding reception. Since all three were in different places, he even had multiple set ups within our one main venue. He worked around us forgetting a table for him at the ceremony and quickly amended the problem without needed assistance from me or my husband. During the reception he played music that kept people of all ages dancing, all while making sure to stay away from any songs we didn't like. His Planning Guide is easy to use and quite helpful. He was able to find all of our requested songs, even some that were slightly out-of-the-blue. We asked that he keep his style moderately interactive for the night, which he did perfectly. He made announcements that we asked him to, but never called out or antagonized our guests (which I have seen at other weddings). Overall, I think Vern is an excellent, professional and courteous DJ!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 10/24/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

​Our wedding reception ran very smoothly and had great flow much of it thanks to DJ Greyhound. ​He did a wonderful job with our music, allowing us to make song choices that kept the reception personal but was also to able to read the crowd well to keep the energy up! He provided templates and suggestions to streamline and keep things simple. I was even able to send him a mix I had compiled myself for my Father-Daughter dance! We were referred to him by a friend and would suggest to book him early!

Profile Picture User5532002, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews