DJBK Philly Reviews

DJBK Philly 6
DJBK Philly 7

LAKSHMI · Married on 11/11/2018

11 out of 10!

If you are reading this review, you need to hire this man!

DJ BK and his team were the highlight of our sangeet and wedding reception. Their energy, talent, ability to read the room and connect with guests made them stand out. I don't need to recommend him b/c folks are still reaching out to us to get his info!

DJ BK was the most easy-going, stress-free, personable guy we worked with throughout our wedding planning process. From the first communication, you can tell he is straightforward, easily approachable, passionate and eager to work with you to create the ideal entertainment package that fits your taste and budget!

We had at least 50 insane last minute changes that made his job tougher, but DJ BK seamlessly incorporated them into the schedule without a single frown. Plus, he ensured the dance floor was LIT! He engaged the crowd with a wide array of music ranging from telugu folk songs to 80s hard rock and latin beats. Not to mention, the lighting was spectacular the entire evening.

I cannot recommend DJ BK and his crew enough times. Highly dependable, personable, top-notch service, flexible and loads of fun!

• U

Uchenna · Married on 10/27/2018

Definitely worth the Investment!

BK and his crew did a masterful job. He provided music, lighting, and MC services for our Nigerian and Black American wedding. He was highly professional in helping us organize details for the event. He even took time to study the Afrobeats playlist we provided to him and seriously put on a show with what we gave him.

Bk is also an incredible host. He has the voice of an MGM Grand boxing announcer. His voice cuts through, it grabs the crowd, and he's very engaging. We definitely felt like we got more than what we paid for by going with BK and his crew. More importantly, our guests really enjoyed him as well.

DJBK Philly 8

Anooj · Married on 09/02/2018

Awesome DJ!

We had a really wonderful experience with DJ BK and his team for our Sangeet, Baraat, Wedding, and Reception events! He was really easy to work with and responsive throughout the planning process. During all the events, he really did an amazing job of MC'ing the reception, hyping up the crowd, keeping the party going, and playing a great mix of Indian and American music. We would highly recommend his team for any future weddings!

Priya Raju · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding of 9/1/18

I can’t tell you how happy I was that I hired this team! When I say all my guests came up to me even after the wedding and said the loved the music and DJ is the truth. They couldn’t get enough of the music and atmosphere they made my reception. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end. The ddifferent types of music was what I believe made the dance floor amazing. He understood the types of music we liked and played those. Even our first dance as husband/wife, was memorable. I highly recommend them for your wedding. Till this day, they talk about how interactive the DJ was with the guests and how great the music was.

Christopher Lai · Married on 08/11/2018

One-of-a-kind and fantastic experience!

Luxe Event Entertainment was very flexible and had really elaborate effects to light up the dance floor. BK did a fantastic job MCing!

We had them set up for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. They were able to set up the speakers for the whole wedding day, and the music order and execution was perfect.

We had an "odd" request of announcing the introduction of the bride and groom at a certain part of a song right before the beat drops, and he was able to accommodate that. So, you know that they are truly passionate about what they do, and they are willing to make the big day special. You can feel the excitement and energy from everyone in the room when the reception started. So many guests told us after the wedding how much fun they've had!

The DJ was very active at the booth - dancing along with the crowd and had an excellent mix of music. There were displays that showed a slideshow, and even a video wall to top it off! This is truly a unique group that knows how to make a party happen. When we did our first dance, they had floor-level smoke effects so that you feel like you're dancing on the clouds.

If my wife and I were to do it all over, we would definitely go with these guys again!

DJBK Philly 9
    DJBK Philly 10
    DJBK Philly 11

Veena · Married on 07/08/2018

I first encountered DJBK at a cousin's wedding and his abilities blew me away. I could not bring myself to leave the dance floor even for some much needed hydration because his song selection was so on point. I knew then that I wanted him as the DJ for my own wedding and reached out to him as soon as my venue was finalized.

BK Trehan was everything we hoped he would be. His selection of tunes brought basically EVERYONE onto the floor whereas I've seen weddings where the DJ practically had to beg guests to come out. He brought the energy and made sure the selection of tracks included songs that both my wife and I enjoyed even though we had very different ideas for the reception playlist.

From the beginning, BK Trehan was professional, straightforward, and easy to talk to. After we put down our deposit, he was very good about getting in touch with us for the various milestones. We made nothing easy for him with constant last minute additions, subtractions, and changes to the overall reception program. Despite these obstacles, he took everything in stride with a great attitude and everything turned out incredibly. He was always responsive both via email and phone and both of our families had nothing but great things to say about the music at our reception.

The moving van sound system at our Baraat was incredible. The live dhol player was an amazing touch and really got the day started off right. Though I know relatively little about lighting, I can say that I was absolutely blown away by our reception hall when I walked in and that his suggestions regarding the lightning made a huge difference in the overall ambiance of the room.

All in all, I can't find anything to really get down on DJBK for. His knowledge of music, seamless transitions, skillful lighting, amazing supporting crew, and accessibility made him a home run on all accounts. He was also very familiar with the rest of our vendor team which made the whole process even easier. 10/10 all around!

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired DJ BK from Luxe Entertainment for our mehendi night, as well as, our wedding ceremony/reception. He was truly one of our favorite vendors. We were able to maintain open lines of communication, he understood what styles of music we liked and wanted played at our events, was able to make our venues look amazing with his lighting equipment. Everyone at our events absolutely loved him ! He is super sweet and a pleasure to work with! If you are looking for DJ or MC services -look no further!

Thanks again BK!

Harshil · Married on 05/18/2018

The same time that were hunting for venues for our wedding, we were making sure that DJ BK was available for the same dates. My wife, Barkha, insisted that he was the only choice for this job. I met BK and his lovely wife, Annie, and knew Barkha was right. He is very courteous, super professional, and above all else, totally on point with his timing.
    As the Emcee during our wedding and reception, he was always on schedule- never falling behind or trying to rush things ahead. He seriously has the best broadcast quality voice too- so there's that!
    As a DJ, he knew just when to chime in and get the crowd hyped up. He actually gave us some great suggestions on how to structure the timeline for our reception to get as many of our guests dancing as possible. I was out on the dance floor and couldn't believe it when I saw my some of my older aunts and uncles, elderly family friends, and even my dad joining in! BK really brought the house down that night.
    Many wedding vendors are just there to do the job as per the contract and get paid. But BK cares about making sure that everyone has a great time and that he's able to help deliver the best possible wedding (or whatever event) he was hired for. As everyone says, your wedding is a success when the food and music are on point. BK is your best bet for music!

DJBK Philly 12

Julie · Married on 03/05/2018

DJBK was our DJ throughout our wedding in India (3 days total) and we couldn't have wished for a better partner in crime. Music was one of the most important elements for our wedding. We had guests from all over the world (US, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Mexico, Philippines, Indonesia, etc) and DJBK was able to accommodate everyone's music interests. All 3 days with very smoothly thanks to DJBK and his staff. Thanks again!

Arjun · Married on 02/10/2018

DJ BK did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He provided the perfect blend of music, lighting and entertainment for our fusion Indian/American wedding. He kept the party going all day and night and knew exactly how to keep our guests energized, lively and entertained. We highly recommend BK!

DJBK Philly 13
    DJBK Philly 18
    DJBK Philly 19
    DJBK Philly 20

Nishita · Married on 10/07/2017

Wedding planning is a pain in the ass. And weddings are REALLY expensive. But one thing that's important is that you have a solid DJ. BK is that DJ that is worth your money and time. We still have guests from our wedding asking about our DJ. BK isn't just a DJ...he's a businessman. Good businessmen know to keep their clients happy and that was really important. It's insane thinking about just how much you pay for a wedding but when you have a DJ that's willing to work with your budget and give you a hundred percent, they're worth it. BK is also a terrific MC and we did not have a single glitch throughout the entire wedding and reception. Everything was on cue and that is because BK and his crew pay attention. His crew deserves a lot of credit as well for always being prepared. They stayed till the very end and the dance floor was never empty. Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful!

Pavai · Married on 09/09/2017

I was first introduced to BK and his team at my brother's wedding. He did a great job supplying all the audio and lighting needs for the wedding weekend. He was flexible and coordinated sound with live bands and percussion artists that we hired. At the reception he kept the party lively during the dance sets and played both South Asian and Latin American music that satisfied our multi cultural wedding party. My next few run ins with BK were by chance at a friend's wedding. He continued to deliver the same awesome sounds and ready knew what he was doing when it came to announcing the wedding party, giving guests instructions and navigating the day. When it came time for my own wedding I reached out to BK as well and a few other local (NJ/NY) DJs and there was no comparison. His flexibility, prices and professionalism surpassed all others. Plus I already knew he could real large crowds and deliver the atmosphere needed. He also worked with me to choose ceremony and cocktail hour music. He was timely wth the set up and breakdown of his equipment. I cannot say enough good things about his service. High recommend Luxe and BK!

Julien · Married on 08/06/2017

It was a pleasure to work with DJ BK! It was an Indian/French wedding and we had songs in Indian, French and English. DJ BK did a great job at mixing everything and made sure that everyone had a great time dancing all night!

Payal · Married on 08/05/2017

DJ BK was AMAZING and so helpful. He had playlists ready to suggest and was very responsive and made everything go smoothly and flawlessly

Konika · Married on 06/17/2017

BK did a wonderful job at our wedding reception!! Everyone had a great time, the music selection was spot on and we loved the energy that he brought. We would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ.

Avdhesh · Married on 06/03/2017

My wife and I had BK DJ/MC our wedding after having attended a previous wedding where BK was Dj'ing. We cannot say enough about BK as a person and a DJ. He was very easy to work with and very accommodating considering our venue threw a few curve balls his way. His DJ skills and MC'ing were top notch, his music mixes kept the dance floor packed all night, it was beyond what my wife and I could have imagined for our wedding reception. We are recommending him to all our friends and family with upcoming weddings.

Neha · Married on 05/27/2017

BK is the best!! Referred by a friend, we decided to go with BK and his team for our wedding on 5/27/17. His initial responsiveness and professionalism through our phonecalls and emails really stood out. We cannot express how much fun our guests had dancing at our wedding. People are still talking about how great the DJ was keeping the party going! Not only is BK a phenomenal DJ, we were so happy that he was also the MC ensuring a smooth flow of events. Lighting, sound, and equipment were all superb and high quality. We highly recommend BK and his team, you will not be disappointed!

Solomon · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ BK was a complete professional. His DJ/MC services at the wedding were excellent. His lighting/decorations looked incredible in person. DJ BK had the dance floor full all night with everyone of all ages. Many of my guests told me afterward that the DJ and his song selection were great. From the initial communication, through the end of the wedding, he was very pleasant and easy to work with. He was very prepared and sought our input at all stages, but also provided his best judgment along the way. I was glad I worked with DJ BK because he was detail-oriented, and thus made sure that we had one less thing to worry about for our wedding. I'm very happy that we chose this vendor.

Jyoti · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ BK is absolutely amazing - he kept our whole crowd on the dancefloor for our entire reception! Not a minute where the floor died down. He was extremely easy to work with and accomodating. He made the whole process very easy on us. He is a master of his trade!

D · Married on 04/07/2017

BK was an INCREDIBLE DJ! He always worked with us, listened to our preferences, and read the crowd extremely well. His MC-ing skills are wonderful -- did a great job engaging the audience. The dance floor was never empty thanks to BK! Thank you for everything BK! You're the best!

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

No advice really as BK is by far one of the easiest, most professional vendors to work with! Let him know of the vibe you want for your wedding and he will run with it! He'll give you loads of suggestions and options to choose from, and truly shares in your excitement! We are so grateful for his enthusiasm, professionalism and attention to the details of our wedding!

Madhu · Married on 10/16/2015

This was a destination wedding of my son in Austin, TX. The vendor provided DJ service for "Sangeet" ceremony for an Indian wedding. This turned out to be great success. We are very happy. We could not wish for anything better than this.

• F

Farah · Married on 07/03/2015

BK and his team were the best decision we made at our wedding. Honestly the easiest and most flexible vendor we worked with - which is key when planning a stressful event. Not only did he DJ our two day function, he also MC'd the program. He kept the program moving, kept the crowd engaged and made everyone have so much fun! This is tough to do with 350+ people - but BK made it happen.

We have gotten so many compliments on how good the DJ was at our wedding. He recommended and gave his opinion on how the event should flow, we did not need to give him an exact script - just my thoughts on how the event should proceed. He was able to read the crowd, to understand what they liked, how to keep them going. Last minute (2 weeks before the wedding) we needed some changes and BK and his team made it happen - not only did they provide a moving van for the baraat - they also helped us find a dhol player.

I would recommend any bride to work with BK - you will not regret it!

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

AMAZING. DJ BK made our wedding exactly what we wanted. When we began interviewing DJ's, we realized that many were exactly the same. Nothing different, just "here is our song list, pick from this". I know BK through work, and figured it was worth a shot. Not only does he not have a list (he can provide if necessary) he knew all of the songs we wanted played and exactly what to do with them to make them work for a wedding. From attending many other weddings, we know a DJ can make or break the experience. We wanted our guests to go to the dance floor, and stay on the dance floor! Our wedding was June 20, with the heat index at August temperatures. Our venue had little air conditioning, and we were so worried this would have an effect on our guests having a good time and dancing. BK seemed to not have ANY worries about this and didn't let the heat get the best of our guests. I really do not think there was a point in our reception that our dance floor was empty. BK gave us more than we wanted, and we honestly could not be any happier with his performance. Thanks, BK, for making our wedding a memorable event!

Melanie · Married on 08/31/2014

BK was absolutely amazing throughout my entire wedding weekend. He brought his experience to the table and made the sangeet, baraat, wedding ceremony, and reception festive and enjoyable for everyone. One of the most important things to me was to have as many people on the dance floor at the reception and BK did a phenomenal job of hyping up the crowd and playing the right music so the dance floor was packed! Wedding planning is very stressful but BK was always very responsive, professional, and super nice - He was one vendor I did not have to worry about. I have already recommended BK to several friends (and will continue to do so) and would definitely use him again for other celebratory occasions!