DJBK Philly Reviews

DJBK Philly 6
DJBK Philly 7
  • U

Uchenna · Married on 10/27/2018

Definitely worth the Investment!

BK and his crew did a masterful job. He provided music, lighting, and MC services for our Nigerian and Black American wedding. He was highly professional in helping us organize details for the event. He even took time to study the Afrobeats playlist we provided to him and seriously put on a show with what we gave him.

Bk is also an incredible host. He has the voice of an MGM Grand boxing announcer. His voice cuts through, it grabs the crowd, and he's very engaging. We definitely felt like we got more than what we paid for by going with BK and his crew. More importantly, our guests really enjoyed him as well.

DJBK Philly 8

Veena · Married on 07/08/2018

I first encountered DJBK at a cousin's wedding and his abilities blew me away. I could not bring myself to leave the dance floor even for some much needed hydration because his song selection was so on point. I knew then that I wanted him as the DJ for my own wedding and reached out to him as soon as my venue was finalized.

BK Trehan was everything we hoped he would be. His selection of tunes brought basically EVERYONE onto the floor whereas I've seen weddings where the DJ practically had to beg guests to come out. He brought the energy and made sure the selection of tracks included songs that both my wife and I enjoyed even though we had very different ideas for the reception playlist.

From the beginning, BK Trehan was professional, straightforward, and easy to talk to. After we put down our deposit, he was very good about getting in touch with us for the various milestones. We made nothing easy for him with constant last minute additions, subtractions, and changes to the overall reception program. Despite these obstacles, he took everything in stride with a great attitude and everything turned out incredibly. He was always responsive both via email and phone and both of our families had nothing but great things to say about the music at our reception.

The moving van sound system at our Baraat was incredible. The live dhol player was an amazing touch and really got the day started off right. Though I know relatively little about lighting, I can say that I was absolutely blown away by our reception hall when I walked in and that his suggestions regarding the lightning made a huge difference in the overall ambiance of the room.

All in all, I can't find anything to really get down on DJBK for. His knowledge of music, seamless transitions, skillful lighting, amazing supporting crew, and accessibility made him a home run on all accounts. He was also very familiar with the rest of our vendor team which made the whole process even easier. 10/10 all around!

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired DJ BK from Luxe Entertainment for our mehendi night, as well as, our wedding ceremony/reception. He was truly one of our favorite vendors. We were able to maintain open lines of communication, he understood what styles of music we liked and wanted played at our events, was able to make our venues look amazing with his lighting equipment. Everyone at our events absolutely loved him ! He is super sweet and a pleasure to work with! If you are looking for DJ or MC services -look no further!

Thanks again BK!

Harshil · Married on 05/18/2018

The same time that were hunting for venues for our wedding, we were making sure that DJ BK was available for the same dates. My wife, Barkha, insisted that he was the only choice for this job. I met BK and his lovely wife, Annie, and knew Barkha was right. He is very courteous, super professional, and above all else, totally on point with his timing.
    As the Emcee during our wedding and reception, he was always on schedule- never falling behind or trying to rush things ahead. He seriously has the best broadcast quality voice too- so there's that!
    As a DJ, he knew just when to chime in and get the crowd hyped up. He actually gave us some great suggestions on how to structure the timeline for our reception to get as many of our guests dancing as possible. I was out on the dance floor and couldn't believe it when I saw my some of my older aunts and uncles, elderly family friends, and even my dad joining in! BK really brought the house down that night.
    Many wedding vendors are just there to do the job as per the contract and get paid. But BK cares about making sure that everyone has a great time and that he's able to help deliver the best possible wedding (or whatever event) he was hired for. As everyone says, your wedding is a success when the food and music are on point. BK is your best bet for music!

DJBK Philly 9

Julie · Married on 03/05/2018

DJBK was our DJ throughout our wedding in India (3 days total) and we couldn't have wished for a better partner in crime. Music was one of the most important elements for our wedding. We had guests from all over the world (US, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Mexico, Philippines, Indonesia, etc) and DJBK was able to accommodate everyone's music interests. All 3 days with very smoothly thanks to DJBK and his staff. Thanks again!

Arjun · Married on 02/10/2018

DJ BK did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He provided the perfect blend of music, lighting and entertainment for our fusion Indian/American wedding. He kept the party going all day and night and knew exactly how to keep our guests energized, lively and entertained. We highly recommend BK!

DJBK Philly 10
    DJBK Philly 15
    DJBK Philly 16
    DJBK Philly 17

Nishita · Married on 10/07/2017

Wedding planning is a pain in the ass. And weddings are REALLY expensive. But one thing that's important is that you have a solid DJ. BK is that DJ that is worth your money and time. We still have guests from our wedding asking about our DJ. BK isn't just a DJ...he's a businessman. Good businessmen know to keep their clients happy and that was really important. It's insane thinking about just how much you pay for a wedding but when you have a DJ that's willing to work with your budget and give you a hundred percent, they're worth it. BK is also a terrific MC and we did not have a single glitch throughout the entire wedding and reception. Everything was on cue and that is because BK and his crew pay attention. His crew deserves a lot of credit as well for always being prepared. They stayed till the very end and the dance floor was never empty. Thank you for making our wedding so wonderful!

Pavai · Married on 09/09/2017

I was first introduced to BK and his team at my brother's wedding. He did a great job supplying all the audio and lighting needs for the wedding weekend. He was flexible and coordinated sound with live bands and percussion artists that we hired. At the reception he kept the party lively during the dance sets and played both South Asian and Latin American music that satisfied our multi cultural wedding party. My next few run ins with BK were by chance at a friend's wedding. He continued to deliver the same awesome sounds and ready knew what he was doing when it came to announcing the wedding party, giving guests instructions and navigating the day. When it came time for my own wedding I reached out to BK as well and a few other local (NJ/NY) DJs and there was no comparison. His flexibility, prices and professionalism surpassed all others. Plus I already knew he could real large crowds and deliver the atmosphere needed. He also worked with me to choose ceremony and cocktail hour music. He was timely wth the set up and breakdown of his equipment. I cannot say enough good things about his service. High recommend Luxe and BK!

Julien · Married on 08/06/2017

It was a pleasure to work with DJ BK! It was an Indian/French wedding and we had songs in Indian, French and English. DJ BK did a great job at mixing everything and made sure that everyone had a great time dancing all night!

Payal · Married on 08/05/2017

DJ BK was AMAZING and so helpful. He had playlists ready to suggest and was very responsive and made everything go smoothly and flawlessly

Konika · Married on 06/17/2017

BK did a wonderful job at our wedding reception!! Everyone had a great time, the music selection was spot on and we loved the energy that he brought. We would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ.

Avdhesh · Married on 06/03/2017

My wife and I had BK DJ/MC our wedding after having attended a previous wedding where BK was Dj'ing. We cannot say enough about BK as a person and a DJ. He was very easy to work with and very accommodating considering our venue threw a few curve balls his way. His DJ skills and MC'ing were top notch, his music mixes kept the dance floor packed all night, it was beyond what my wife and I could have imagined for our wedding reception. We are recommending him to all our friends and family with upcoming weddings.

Neha · Married on 05/27/2017

BK is the best!! Referred by a friend, we decided to go with BK and his team for our wedding on 5/27/17. His initial responsiveness and professionalism through our phonecalls and emails really stood out. We cannot express how much fun our guests had dancing at our wedding. People are still talking about how great the DJ was keeping the party going! Not only is BK a phenomenal DJ, we were so happy that he was also the MC ensuring a smooth flow of events. Lighting, sound, and equipment were all superb and high quality. We highly recommend BK and his team, you will not be disappointed!

Solomon · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ BK was a complete professional. His DJ/MC services at the wedding were excellent. His lighting/decorations looked incredible in person. DJ BK had the dance floor full all night with everyone of all ages. Many of my guests told me afterward that the DJ and his song selection were great. From the initial communication, through the end of the wedding, he was very pleasant and easy to work with. He was very prepared and sought our input at all stages, but also provided his best judgment along the way. I was glad I worked with DJ BK because he was detail-oriented, and thus made sure that we had one less thing to worry about for our wedding. I'm very happy that we chose this vendor.

Jyoti · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ BK is absolutely amazing - he kept our whole crowd on the dancefloor for our entire reception! Not a minute where the floor died down. He was extremely easy to work with and accomodating. He made the whole process very easy on us. He is a master of his trade!

D · Married on 04/07/2017

BK was an INCREDIBLE DJ! He always worked with us, listened to our preferences, and read the crowd extremely well. His MC-ing skills are wonderful -- did a great job engaging the audience. The dance floor was never empty thanks to BK! Thank you for everything BK! You're the best!

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

No advice really as BK is by far one of the easiest, most professional vendors to work with! Let him know of the vibe you want for your wedding and he will run with it! He'll give you loads of suggestions and options to choose from, and truly shares in your excitement! We are so grateful for his enthusiasm, professionalism and attention to the details of our wedding!

Madhu · Married on 10/16/2015

This was a destination wedding of my son in Austin, TX. The vendor provided DJ service for "Sangeet" ceremony for an Indian wedding. This turned out to be great success. We are very happy. We could not wish for anything better than this.

• F

Farah · Married on 07/03/2015

BK and his team were the best decision we made at our wedding. Honestly the easiest and most flexible vendor we worked with - which is key when planning a stressful event. Not only did he DJ our two day function, he also MC'd the program. He kept the program moving, kept the crowd engaged and made everyone have so much fun! This is tough to do with 350+ people - but BK made it happen.

We have gotten so many compliments on how good the DJ was at our wedding. He recommended and gave his opinion on how the event should flow, we did not need to give him an exact script - just my thoughts on how the event should proceed. He was able to read the crowd, to understand what they liked, how to keep them going. Last minute (2 weeks before the wedding) we needed some changes and BK and his team made it happen - not only did they provide a moving van for the baraat - they also helped us find a dhol player.

I would recommend any bride to work with BK - you will not regret it!

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

AMAZING. DJ BK made our wedding exactly what we wanted. When we began interviewing DJ's, we realized that many were exactly the same. Nothing different, just "here is our song list, pick from this". I know BK through work, and figured it was worth a shot. Not only does he not have a list (he can provide if necessary) he knew all of the songs we wanted played and exactly what to do with them to make them work for a wedding. From attending many other weddings, we know a DJ can make or break the experience. We wanted our guests to go to the dance floor, and stay on the dance floor! Our wedding was June 20, with the heat index at August temperatures. Our venue had little air conditioning, and we were so worried this would have an effect on our guests having a good time and dancing. BK seemed to not have ANY worries about this and didn't let the heat get the best of our guests. I really do not think there was a point in our reception that our dance floor was empty. BK gave us more than we wanted, and we honestly could not be any happier with his performance. Thanks, BK, for making our wedding a memorable event!

Melanie · Married on 08/31/2014

BK was absolutely amazing throughout my entire wedding weekend. He brought his experience to the table and made the sangeet, baraat, wedding ceremony, and reception festive and enjoyable for everyone. One of the most important things to me was to have as many people on the dance floor at the reception and BK did a phenomenal job of hyping up the crowd and playing the right music so the dance floor was packed! Wedding planning is very stressful but BK was always very responsive, professional, and super nice - He was one vendor I did not have to worry about. I have already recommended BK to several friends (and will continue to do so) and would definitely use him again for other celebratory occasions!

• User5309981 · event on: 05/03/2015

Typical baptisms are pretty dull but BK got everyone on the dance floor and we partied. One of the best events I've ever thrown. Thank you BK for such great memories!

Dianna · event on: 05/04/2015

BK did an amazing job at our event! He DJ'd and MC'd at our finish line tent for the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation program for the Broad St. Run. There were around 1,000 people, the music was at a good level to hear through the area, and everyone enjoyed the selection of music, many danced. It provided the perfect atmosphere for celebrating the completion of a huge race! BK is professional and flexible in his work. We had major security issues to deal with for the Broad St. Run, making BK come hours early to set up, and it was not a problem for him. His service is excellent and I would recommend him to anyone.

R & S · Married on 07/08/2017

My wife and I had a 400 person Indian wedding in July 2017. DJ BK did the lighting for our Friday night garba-raas, and then MC'd, DJ'd & did lighting for the baraat, wedding & reception. Overall, we couldn't have been more happy with our DJ selection.

A few notable things about DJ BK:
    - Attention to detail & execution: We had a great experience with nearly all our vendors, but we found that what really separates the good from the great vendors is execution. We gave DJ BK a LOT of very specific instructions, and he went the extra mile to follow through on all of them
    - Class & taste: Wedding DJs sometimes have a difficult balancing act between getting everyone full of energy while still being tasteful and classy. DJ BK did this extremely well. For our wedding ceremony, his musical accompaniments & MCing for our ceremony hit the perfect note, while at the reception he did a great job getting everyone at 120% energy.
    - Lighting: DJ BK did a great job with the lighting that definitely added a lot to our ballroom and the energy at the end of the night. It also looks great in our pictures.
    - Professionalism and ease of working: Clear helpful communication, professional attitude, flexibility, and great taste in music!

Thanks BK!

Simrita · Married on 06/24/2017

DJ Bk was fantastic to work with throughout our wedding planning! He was extremely professional and even made a trip to meet us in person in NYC prior to the wedding. He brings the energy and will keep your dance floor rockin! Thanks for making our weekend perfect :)