DJae Melee Reviews

116 | Uncasville, CT

116 Reviews for DJae Melee

Christine · Married on 04/05/2013

Jae was awesome to work with and we were so lucky to been able to have booked him for our wedding after reading all of the great reviews on the knot. Jae was responsive to e-mails, and very flexible with meeting with us via skype. We loved everything from the uplighting, to the custom entrances to our surprise harlem shake dance the we did during dinner. He was enthusiastic and excited about the visions we had for our wedding and was very budget friendly :) My husband and I were on the dance floor the entire night along with all of our guests and we continue to hear from our guests how much fun they had at our wedding.

Sent on 04/21/2013

Jenny · Married on 03/23/2013

I went with Jae after skyping with him per all of the suggestions on theknot message boards. Loved his laid back attitude and the fact that he wasn't showy. I'm a big music fan and I sent him very specific stuff that I wanted. He played all of it and then some which he added (amazing choices, I might add). He wasn't talky or cheesy. I remember thinking at the end of the night when he said good night to everyone, how strange it was not to have heard him much. But that was also nice because he didn't take anything away from us or the music (which I feel like I've seen other dj's do). The goal of my wedding, a dance party, was fulfilled.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Sandra · Married on 01/04/2013

Jason was wonderful to work with!!!!! We were so happy to find out that he was available to DJ our wedding since I had heard so many great things about him from work. He replied promptly and was very flexible in meeting to discuss what we wanted. Throughout our planning, Jason ALWAYS answered our questions and made us very comfortable about our decision to go with him. He is very affordable, although he could charge a ton more for what he does! We loved being able to put our song picks easily online up to 2 days prior to our wedding. He also made a wonderful customized entrance for our bridal party instead of the standard single song for everyone to enter in on. On the day of the wedding, the uplighting was absolutely perfect!! It really made the room! Following dinner, Jason really tuned into the guests and got everyone up dancing...I don't think that we have ever seen such a crowd on the dance floor! I would highly recommend Jason for any event, without any hesitation! You will not regret it!!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Jen · Married on 11/23/2012

Jason was an excellent DJ and knew exactly how to keep our wedding moving forward! He was incredibly professional throughout the entire process from planning to execution. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. Jason listened to us as we explained how we wanted our night to play out, and the type of music we felt best represented our style for each and personalities for each portion the evening. When it came time to perform he was exactly what we expected, he created a well-choreographed show for our guests to enjoy as they relaxed and danced the night way. That is saying a lot given that we had many friends and family who are not fans of dancing, but yet they spent the evening on the dance floor! The soundtrack for our wedding was exactly as we’d hoped, and Jason was able to read the crowd to keep the party moving the entire night. We highly recommend him for your event, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/22/2013
  • Shawn

Shawn · Married on 11/11/2012

Jae is by far the best wedding DJ I have ever been around! He came to us highly recommended and as soon as we met him we understood why. He is extremely knowledgable and experienced - during the initial meeting he shared his own wedding experience as well as some of his recommended do's and don'ts. He was spot on with everything. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, what type of wedding vibe we wanted and specifically what we did not want. We completely trusted him with creating a customized wedding entrance song ( he even accommodated an 11th hour request) which our guests continue to rave about. The dance floor was rocking the entire night and he was solely responsible for that. If you are looking for a modern DJ who can read a crowd like no other and make even those who "don't dance" stay on their feet for 5 hours then he is your guy! We had no challenges communicating with him at any point during our process and felt at ease and comfortable with him at all times. His electronic paperwork is thorough and had us thinking about things that had not crossed our minds. There is no way that any modern couple would be disappointed with Jae's service.

Sent on 11/22/2012
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2012

Jae is an amazing DJ who did a fantastic job for my wedding. The guests were on the dance floor the WHOLE night - even when the last song was played, the dance floor was still packed. His value is incomparable - he charges far less than any other area DJ, but the quality is not sacrificed in the slightest. He has detailed forms to ensure he is playing exactly what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. All of his forms are made available online, which I feel is comforting to have at your fingertips to complete at your own pace. I sent in a whole list of suggestions for our dinner music and was thrilled to hear he stuck to the songs in my list and style. In addition to playing "must hear" songs for the dancing, he took requests and played awesome music that fit with our personality and mood of the evening. He is very good at providing exactly what you need and making any necessary adjustments. I wrote him specific directions on how the ceremony music, first dance songs, and cake cutting music should play out, and he followed them exactly as I imagined. We opted for uplighting at our wedding, which was beautiful. He also brought along lights for the dance floor which was unexpected, but absolutely wonderful!! Finally, as we got closer to the wedding date, he was very responsive to my emails and answered all of my questions. I only became more and more excited about having him there to help entertain my guests. He is extremely friendly and made sure he said goodbye before he left at the end of the night. I was lucky to find Jae through my sister at her wedding... and any bride would be lucky to have him at their wedding in the future. I would recommend him 100%, over and over again.

Sent on 10/13/2012

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

Jae is probably one of the most popular vendors in CT on the Knot and other boards. DH and I booked him as soon as we met with him- he is young, down to earth, and really knows his stuff- all for a great price. I have read some reviews from other brides who have had trouble contacting him, but we didn't have any issues. He always seemed to answer within a reasonable amount of time and seemed to work really hard to make us happy. During the night he did refuse to play some of the songs that we had asked him not to play and always asked for my or DH permission before playing anything "questionable" which I appreciated. The only snag that we ran into was during entrances when I had forgotten to add one of the songs in for one of our couples- totally my fault and Jae worked immediately to fix it so no one ever knew any better. I would highly recommend him as a DJ.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Krystal · Married on 05/05/2012

Jae was great to work with all around. We had some unusual song requests for our ceremony and he found the music and worked everything together perfectly. We also had a slight change to the wedding party intros and he added that in without a hitch, as well as impressively pronouncing multiple difficult last names between us and our wedding party. He did an awesome job picking the right mix of music for us at the reception, including all of my top requests I had sent in beforehand. I spent the majority of the night out on the dance floor having a blast. We are so happy we chose DJae Melee for our wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Holly · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't say enough great things about DJ Melee -- he is by far the best DJ a bride and groom could ask for! Jae was great to work with, truly understood what we wanted and made sure that we got it. He kept the dance floor packed the whole night! We gave him some guidelines (Sinatra-style during cocktail and dinner, oldies to start the dance floor, 90's and hiphop later in the night) and he nailed it the whole time, including the custom intro mix he created from scratch. He REALLY knows his music and is great at reading a crowd, he keeps a low profile and skips the gameshow host routine that so many DJs are known for. Jae is a great guy and a true professional, and if you can manage to beat the other brides to it, BOOK HIM! :)

Sent on 12/11/2012

Kerri · Married on 04/28/2012

Jae was very professional and helpful. We never went over when to cut off the first dance song. All I had to do was give him a nod and he knew exactly what to do. He was watching me all night to make sure I was happy with what he was playing. I stayed on the dance floor all night. I had an amazing time dancing to his amazing music choices. He also did the uplifting which was stunning.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Jen · Married on 10/29/2011

DJ Melee was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. He was flexible, responsive, and extremely helpful throughout our planning process. And you can't beat the price!

Sent on 12/07/2011
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2011

Jae was awesome. He really stuck up for me when my guests started to ask for forbidden songs, which I gave into anyway in the end, but he really stuck to the plan. We mapped out the night so I made sure I didn't miss anything like other weddings I had been to where they didn't do a bouquet or garter toss. Thank goodness I did! If that is my only advice to brides-to-be, it is make sure you set aside time for everything or you will miss it, because that night goes by so fast! He did an awesome job making my custom ceremony music, and it sounded perfect, just like I imagined. Also, the lighting was GREAT, and included in his base price! He completely understood my vision. My guests were on the dance floor as soon as the music came on, and the party was so good people even spilled into the parking lot after the reception ended just because it was such a good time. He can really read a crowd. As for his prices, if I could give him 10 stars for value, I would. Don't look anywhere else, he is the whole package and the best deal you will find.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Jen · Married on 07/24/2011

Jason was extremely accommodating to our requests and really helped to personalized our ceremony. It was also refreshing to have someone closer in age and our generation. Jason was delighted to work with music that we appreciated and offered a wide variety of similar music. We had asked him to mix together Louie Armstrong's It's a Wonderful World with Joey Ramone's and he did an amazing job. In addition to this song, guests frequently came up to us to tell us how impressed they were with the music as well as the unique touches Jason provided for us. At the end of the night when the shuttle was running late he even offered to drive a few people back to the hotel. Luckily the shuttle came and it didn't come to that but this example really captures the care, attention, and commitment he has to being one of the best DJs around. We would highly recommend him for anyone looking to book an event.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Erin · Married on 07/03/2011

Best DJ ever!! I found myself bogged down towards the end of planning and only ever provided Jason with my ceremony music and the key dances for the reception. He was able to find instrumental versions of all the off-the-wall songs I wanted in the ceremony and he provided us with some great advice on how to space out the traditional dances without boring our guests. He was incredibly professional, kept the dance floor packed (with no direction from us AT ALL), but we got loads of compliments on the music. I would recommend him to anyone, he was just that good!

Sent on 07/25/2011

S · Married on 06/18/2011

I can't say enough good things about DJ Melee (Jason Palermo). He has a great ear for music and knew just what to play to get people out on the dance floor and keep them there. Our guests raved about his music selections and how much fun they had. Jason was great to work with and it was a pleasure having him DJ our wedding.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2011

Jason provided DJing for my wedding on June 11th. He did a wonderful job and I was so happy that we had chosen him for our day. I am 100% against the typical cheesy wedding DJ and Jason is exactly what you are looking for if feel the same way as I do. He will only do what you want him to do in terms of music and announcements and does a lot of pre-planning so he knows exactly what you want. He provided music for our ceremony, cocktail and reception and kept in touch with me for timing on FOB dance and cake cutting. I did not have a hard-set time frame of when dances and cake cutting should happen and I left it to Jason to give me the sign of when he thought it was the best time to do these - and that worked perfectly. He played the perfect song choices for our dinner and the dance floor was packed all night long. I never take my shoes off at weddings and I had to take my shoes off very early in the night because I was dancing so much. We also had a lot of our guests coming up to us saying that our wedding was one of, if not the most, fun weddings. Jason was professional and a pleasure to work with. I even had comments from some of the older people attending that he played the music at just the right level and they didn't have to request it was turned down like they have done at other weddings. Truly a wonderful DJ and I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2011

DJ Melee provided a great service for our wedding in May 2011. He was very accomodating and flexible to our situation. Our wedding had both indoor and outdoor setups and DJ Melee mastered the entertainment. He was very quick to respond to the moods of the crowd- which saved our party!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Jason · Married on 05/07/2011

DJ was very professional. Took peoples request, provided fun and entertaining music. We had so many people tell us that was the best wedding they have ever been too and I feel our DJ was a big reason for that. The quality of equiptment was great and provided us with our ceremony music as well.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Tanya · Married on 04/17/2011

Jae is a true professional and knows his business! He knows music and how to figure out what the client wants even if they aren't quite sure themselves. His prices are excellent.

Jae walked us through the process of what music was needed and it just flowed.

The music for our ceremony and our reception was flawless! (big band and instrumental.)I can't say enough good things about about Jae and his professionalism.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Julie · Married on 12/11/2010

Book early! :)

Sent on 12/28/2010

Megan · Married on 12/04/2010

One word: Amazing!!! DJ Melee gave us everything we asked for and more!! He is incredibly knowledgeable and he has extremely reasonable prices for the wonderful service he provides. I have never seen so many people dancing at a wedding before!! His ability to get any song possible and his up to date technology makes him one of the best DJs in the area. He has our recommendation to anyone looking for a DJ and we would not hesitate to use him again in the future!

Sent on 12/06/2010

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2010

Whenever our wedding day is brought up in conversation the first two things mentioned are always the same: 1. How much fun everyone had 2. How great the DJ was, and we couldn't agree more. We couldn't thank Jae enough for playing a huge role in giving us the best day of our lives. He was easy to work with and helped us in picking songs that everyone would enjoy. And they did...EVERYONE was on the dance floor. He exceeded our expectations and we could not have been happier. We highly recommend Jae for your wedding or party DJ. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Rebekah · Married on 10/10/2010

I have been to a lot of weddings. I have heard some great dj's and some horrible dj's.....and Jae, was the best! Not only did he listen to what I hated, he listen to what I loved about music. He played the best mixes, and had the dance floor full, all night. He went above and beyond when it came to meeting with me and listening to my indecisiveness! His prices can't be beat, his style cant be beat and neither can his passion for music. I never gave him a play list of this I wanted played, just of things I didn't want, which he gladly respected. I trusted him to pick whatever songs he wanted, to make my night memorable, which he did, and he did it well! I have been and will continue to recommend him, highly.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2010

Jason is incredible - I can't say enough good things about him. Being a radio DJ, I was picky about who I was going to trust to DJ my own wedding, and Jason was the BEST choice. He followed our instructions for cocktail hour (classical music), introductions (specific song selections), dinner (jazz), and party time perfectly. Our dance floor was packed all night long, and he did a fantastic job at mixing current, chart-topping music with crowd-pleasers for the parents and grandparents. His equipment is top-notch (never a cut-out during toasts, no feedback, no distortion in sound) and as a DJ, he keeps the focus on the bride & groom, and on the party - he's not the type to get chatty on the microphone and he doesn't do "wedding cheese." He was also great about a few last-minute curveballs I threw at him (like telling him that in 5 minutes' time, I wanted to toss a bouquet. "No problem!")

We would absolutely choose Jason again - he is professional, extremely talented, and worth far more than he charges.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Jill · Married on 10/02/2010

Jason DJed our October 2 wedding and he was great! Throughout the planning process, he always got back to us quickly, he treated us and our guests well, he was low key and laid back, understood what we wanted and delivered it. He clearly knows his stuff musically, has good sound equipment and his prices can't be beat! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/13/2010