DJae Melee Reviews

116 | Uncasville, CT

116 Reviews for DJae Melee

Laura · Married on 05/07/2016

My wedding music was one of the highest priorities for me because I love to dance and wanted a very ‘dancy’ wedding. It was important to me that our DJ was able to read the crowd and encourage a packed dance floor without being over the top or cheezy. After a lot of research and review reading I spoke to Jae and knew immediately he was right for our event. We used him for ceremony, cocktail and reception music.
    Jae was great to work with, very reasonably priced and took our priorities and needs very seriously. He offered an online portal for us to document the schedule of the day, spotlight dances as well as must plays and ‘do not plays’. He followed our instructions perfectly and didn’t miss a beat when the mother of the groom wanted to change her song to dance with her son. My dance floor was packed all night and Jae delivered exactly the party I had hoped for.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Jae was so amazing to work with. We had lots of questions for him at the beginning, and he answered all of them. Our wedding was at the Branford House, and we were setting up the venue a little different than normal. Some DJs told us that it couldn't be done, but Jae worked with us to make sure it was going to be set up perfectly and all 3 rooms would be able to hear sound. In addition, he was reasonably priced for his fantastic services. We used him for both the ceremony music and the cocktail music as well. Both were exactly as we had envisioned. We had little contact in the days leading up to the wedding, but we didn't need to. Jae nailed it. Everyone raved about our DJ, and everyone was on the dance floor all night! We had some announcements that we wanted made throughout the night, and he helped us get the message to all of our guests without hesitation. We would highly recommend Jae to any bride & groom looking for a fantastic DJ and a great party! Thank you Jae!!

Sent on 03/19/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

We loved having Jae as our dj for our wedding. He was the best ever! He's so professional, and so good at what he does. He got our vibe right away of what we wanted for our wedding. He did exactly what we wanted! we are so grateful and lucky we were able to use him for our wedding!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Bruce · Married on 09/06/2015

Jae was incredibly professional and helped make both the planning and the wedding day go smoothly. Once we met with Jae and discussed the details, I realized that I no longer had to be worrying about the sound system, lighting, music choices, and emcee-ing. Jae is very easy going and the wedding day results far exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Kristen · Married on 09/05/2015

Jason was truly a pleasure to work with. He was very nice and accommodating at such a hectic time of planning and last minute changes. He has an online portal for you to set up your own wedding day then be works with you to perfect it. Everyone was raving about the DJ at our wedding. He knows when to change the music with the mood to get people on the dance floor. People that don't dance were dancing all night long at our wedding. He was truly a wonderful DJ and I couldn't be more pleased with his work. He made the night memorable.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2015

I've seen DJ Melee perform at a handful of weddings and wedding related events, and knew right away he would be a perfect fit at our wedding. He is professional, friendly, and awesome to work with. The uplighting he provided for our venue was perfect and so convenient that it could be added into our DJ package. We highly recommend Jae!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Meagen · Married on 08/28/2015

Very relatable and invested in your wants and needs. Also very upfront and honest with what he offers and provides to couples. Was fun, easy-going, and professional!

Sent on 10/15/2015

DJae Melee made our reception so much fun and all aspects flowed so smoothly! He was professional, creative, and accommodating to all of our requests. From the moment the music was on, the dance floor was packed!

Sent on 12/28/2015

There are no words to describe our amazing experience with DJae Melee. He is not only the best DJ around, he is also personable and caring. He helped to create the dance party vibe that my husband and I wanted for our wedding. He literally had all of our guests from 2 years old to 92 dancing the night away. DJae Melee did an exceptional job providing music during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He also spent time customizing the perfect color for our up lighting at our reception. We cannot thank him enough!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

We had such an amazing experience with Jae!! He was beyond helpful every step of the way, up until our wedding day!!! If I had any questions, he got right back to me ASAP. He played great music, that everyone at our wedding enjoyed. Once the reception started, there was not one person seated, they were all up and dancing, and that's exactly what we wanted!!! He was fun, and professional, and made our wedding day a complete blast! Would highly recommend him for any weddings or events!

Sent on 10/16/2015

P · Married on 05/29/2015

When it came time to plan our wedding, one thing was very important to me:

If I heard one hokey, stupid, inane wedding dance song (Chicken Dance, Cha-Cha Slide, etc.), I was going to lose it.

All I wanted was someone to play music as if I were going out - fun, mixed, upbeat, new age mixed with some old school entertaining music. Boom. Jae delivered.

From our first conversation, he and I were on the same page. He's a club DJ as well, and that comes through in his work. From his professional demeanor to the way he dressed, he is 180 degrees of your typical, hack wedding DJ. He sent us a thorough form to fill out online asking us every thing you could think of. We added some fairly random music to our dinner and cocktail hour music - and every one of them was played (he even played Flight of the Concords).

My best man is a self-proclaimed dance champion. He spends more time in clubs than Floyd Mayweather. He said he'd hire Jae in a heartbeat. His music choices were on point, blended well, focused on the crowd's energy, and most of all, never got stale. I can't say enough about his work.

Put it this way - if you want a cheesy wedding DJ who plays music that you should be ashamed to play for your family and friends and think "Achey Breaky Heart" was a good song, you should probably look elsewhere. If you want to value the lives of your guests and watch grandma break it down, hire Jae. The man was born to DJ.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Lindsay · Married on 12/20/2014

Jae is great! He was calm, patient and accommodating. He is very professional, and I could tell he was excited about being there with us. Clearly he loves what he does :)

He got everyone dancing (including family members who never get up to dance!). People were still talking about how god the music was the next morning.

He was also great in working with a friend of ours who played the piano during the ceremony. They coordinated on their own so we didn't have to worry about a thing.

I highly recommend Jae!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Eric · Married on 10/11/2014

Great experience! Jae was amazing to deal with throughout our wedding planning procedures. He has a fantastic tool for submitting your preferences and instructions, which worked great was very helpful. He can accommodate almost anything and is super talented. Point in case, I should also mention that we had some guests from the wedding at the second ballroom of our venue crash our dance floor because they said the "music was better"!!! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Lisa-Ann · Married on 09/28/2014

My husband and I felt that the music that was played during our event was one of the most important details on our wedding day. I cannot say enough about how Jae listened to each of our requests and exceeded at each of our expectations- he was truly as professional as they come! Every guest commented on the music selection and how the volume was just perfect; every age group was up on the dance floor and our guests could still carry on a conversation without having to scream to be heard ( we've all been to one of "those" weddings). He added special lighting that was the perfect touch and even our even coordinator stated what a pleasure it was to work with him. We know we picked the best DJ in the state (just take a look at the other events he plays at!!!) We cannot say enough about how Jae made our wedding day even more special and our guests are still raving about our DJ selection. Thank you again Jae; I can still hear our wedding song play over and over in my head and I go right back to that moment-that's what a great DJ can accomplish such as yourself!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Debbie · Married on 09/27/2014

Jae was amazing! Not only was he the most affordable wedding DJ he made sure that everyone was on the dance floor all night long! He even found all of the polish music my mom requested. If you are trying to find a non cheesy wedding DJ he is the best! All of our guests commented on how great he was and two of my friends booked him right after for their wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I wanted our celebration to continue past the traditional end time, so we opted for an after party at our venue. Jason set the tone for our “after party” perfectly. Appropriately, we called the after party “Club L”, and a club it was! Lots of energy, a second grand entrance, and a dance floor that was packed for a second time, it might have been my favorite part of the wedding. Our guests didn’t want to leave! DJ Melee was the perfect match for our after party/club L vision. Thanks Jason!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kathleen · Married on 07/19/2014

Our other DJ canceled one day before our wedding. I live in Maryland and my maid of honor used DJ Melee for her wedding in Rhode Island, and he was AMAZING. Best DJ I had seen, and I have been in tons of weddings.

Out of desperation and on a whim we called him. He came down from Conneticut, 5 hours, to our wedding and literally saved the day because he just happened to have a cancelation (I understand his schedule books up quickly, popular guy!). He was 10x better than the other DJ would have ever been. Everyone danced all night. He did the mics and music for the ceremony and the reception. He even brought lighting for the receltuon which we didn't expect. His selection of music was perfect: relevant, upbeat, exactly what we asked for (not the typical cheesy wedding music). My friend requested a very off-beat song and he played it 2 songs later with a smile.

DJ Melee is amazing. He even took my favorite picture from our wedding from his phone (me walking with my 2 year old son down the isle from his position inside). We CAN NOT say enough good about him! What a lifesaver!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Jason · Married on 07/03/2014

My wife and I first heard of DJae from a friend who highly recommended him. We attended a wedding where he provided DJ services and were impressed with his services. Communication with DJae started with phone calls and emails, but he also made time for face-to-face meetings. DJae was able to bring his experience to the table and ease all of our anxiety of hiring a DJ for the first time. With all the anxieties of planning a wedding it was great to be able to check this one off the list. DJae provided an online portal for us to upload music lists, "do not play" lists and a lot of additional information to customize the event to our needs. We decided to opt for the additional "uplighting" package which really enhanced the look of our reception room with color lighting that matched our wedding colors. During the event DJae was a true professional, being flexible as event timing changed due to traffic. I was very impressed with his ability to play our favorite music tracks and also some of his own selections to get the party started and ramp up the energy in the room. From start to finish our experience with DJae was fantastic. We would highly recommend him to anyone needing DJ services. Thanks DJae!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Brooke · Married on 06/28/2014

I knew Jae was a DJ that did both clubs and weddings and I wasn't sure what to expect but the last thing we wanted was a cheesy wedding DJ. He was so professional and blew our wedding guests away with his musical skills. He took all of our requests from our planning form and found a way to mix a lot of different styles seamlessly from one song to the next. Our guests never left the dance floor and all I hear about to this day was how awesome our DJ was. I have a few other friends getting married now trying to get him to perform their weddings but he fills up quick so book right away.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Can't speak any more highly of DJae Melee than giving him 5 STARS! He was amazing, and we had a blast. If a particular genre of music wasn't working for our wedding guests, he knew to change the tempo of the music, which completely worked and got more people on the dancefloor. He had great insight, and definitely was fun to work with. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Everything you’ve read about Jae on these boards is 100% accurate. He is extremely busy with weddings and club work, as well as his family, and sometimes I did have trouble getting in contact with him. However when it came down to the month before the wedding he was very responsive, and honestly I had nothing to worry about because he knows exactly what he’s doing. He is worth more than he charges! He has an online planning form in which you complete everything...names of the bridal party, black list, must-play songs, timeline of events, etc...it is very user friendly and easy to use. I had no worries at all with Jae, he read the crowd and knew how to get the dance floor packed. If you are considering booking him, or have booked, be sure to follow him on facebook because he does post booking or balance pay discounts.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/14/2013

DJae Melee is by far the best DJ in the area. He is very professional, flexible, detail oriented and very hard working. We would recommend his services in a heartbeat. Our guests raved about his music selection and he pronounced everyone's name correctly during the introductions. Thanks for an awesome night DJ Melee! :)

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/01/2013

We used DJae Melee for our wedding September 1st and I am so glad we chose him!! He was awesome!! We used him for both our ceremony and reception and he did a great job. He has an online planning form that is super helpful and really easy to use. Jason is a really nice guy and such a great DJ! It was nice to be able to give him just a couple of songs that we liked and he just went off those and played songs similar! People were on the dance floor the whole night and everyone keeps raving about how much fun our wedding was and how awesome the DJ was!! I would recommend Melee to anyone!!

Sent on 10/13/2013
  • Dawn Poitras

Dawn · Married on 07/20/2013

We used DJae Melee (Jason Palermo) for our July 2013 and I was so happy we did! I was recommended to him through my photographer (who actually photographed Jae’s own wedding a few years back) and they frequently work together, so it was awesome! We used the online planning form throughout the months leading up to the wedding and it was easy and took a lot of stress away! It was nice to know that we could give him a couple songs and he played each part of the night perfectly! When we met with him to go over everything right before the wedding (this was the first time my husband met him) he “got” exactly what we wanted from our ceremony to our cocktail hour and reception. On the ride home, my husband said, “He’s a really cool guy, I’m so excited!” (this coming from someone who doesn’t really care too much about music, artists, songs, etc.) To say that Jae knows what he is doing is an extreme understatement. From the moment the dancing started until he played the last song our dance floor was packed. He even got my grandmother, grandfather and my mother-in-law (who is quiet and reserved) dancing all night long! Jae is HIGHLY recommended!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/21/2013

We would absolutely recommend DJ Melee! He was great to work with before the wedding and throughout the wedding day. The online music selection made music planning very easy and he knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding. His music kept all of our guests on the dance floor and the party going! (AND His cost is extremely reasonable for what he does.) We have recommended him to our family and friends and can't wait to go to the next wedding where he will be the DJ. Thanks so much for everything! - Justin & Brittany

Sent on 03/11/2014