DJ Your Way With Chris Reviews

196 | Trenton, NJ

196 Reviews for DJ Your Way With Chris

Jacqueline · Married on 05/22/2015

My husband and I got Married in May 2015 at the Pen Ryn Estate in Bensalem, PA. Chris welcomed us into his home to go over every detail of our day. During our final meeting before the wedding, Chris went over all the music selections and even editing a song I wanted for my ceremony. He made sure I was happy with everything that was planned before leaving. Throughout the wedding, I kept getting positive feedback from my guests regarding the music selection and everyone said they had a wonderful time! Thanks Chris!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kelsey · Married on 05/17/2015

Chris was incredible! Loved by my family and friends he really responded perfectly to the flow and feel of the evening, got everyone dancing, followed ALL of my suggestions, and made the process extremely smooth and stress free. Chris had the confidence and "swaggar" down pat without being showy or the Jersey flashy that you often find in DJs of the area. He truly made the wedding. It was the perfect party thanks to him!

Sent on 05/26/2015

theresa · Married on 05/09/2015

We went to a wedding two yrs ago and Chris was the DJ and we had the best time ever! So when we were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to book him. We did do a little research to see what other DJs in the area cost. He was on the lower spectrum and worth every penny!! Every time we spoke to Chris on the phone, we would get so excited! He is so energetic! He helped us in picking songs and guided us to the layout of how our wedding reception would start and the order of the dances. He was always very quick to respond to any email or call. We had the best time at our reception and every person we have seen said that the DJ was awesome! Our dance floor was packed the entire time!! We would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Kelly & Dennis · Married on 04/18/2015

Chris was an unbelievable DJ. It was a pleasure to work with him from start to finish. We booked him the first time we met him because we knew he was the right guy for our wedding. He incorporated everything we wanted for our playlist. Chris made sure that our wants and needs were his top priority, and we absolutely loved that. He kept the dance floor packed all night and we had nothing but compliments from everyone in attendance. Totally recommend him for any event you may have.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Tommy · Married on 04/17/2015

Awesome job Chris- very responsive, did everything we discussed and had awesome insight for the venue and our day. Very happy to refer Chris to anyone!

Tommy and Asheley

Sent on 05/18/2015

Denise · Married on 02/14/2015

Chris Mathews is fabulous! He had our guests on the dance floor from start to finish. He followed the crowd's lead and played different music all night long that was enjoyed by young and old alike. We had a NYE wedding and he led the count down and the midnight celebration to perfection. Chris is masterful in his craft and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 11/08/2014

From the moment we sat down with Chris, we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding. We got along great and he made the whole process easy. He had everyone on the dance floor dancing all night. His high energy keeps the party flowing. Everyone kept telling us how good the DJ was!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2014

Chris Matthews was our DJ for our wedding on October 3, 2014. He is absolutely amazing! My brother used him for his wedding in July 2012 and I booked him right after! When we met with Chris a month before our wedding, he went over every single detail possible. I knew nothing would go wrong because he had taken care of everything! We also used him for our ceremony where he played beautiful instrumentals. Between my wedding and my brother's, no one sat down at our reception! Our guests were always on the dance floor! One of our groomsmen just booked Chris for his wedding next year. Chris Matthews is incredible!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Linda · Married on 09/19/2014

We received a recommendation for DJ Chris through our reception hall, The Hamilton Manor. I had called a few different places to shop around but I felt that Chris seemed to be the most reputable, honest and flexible with his pricing. When we met with him you can just tell how passionate he was about his job which meant a lot to us. We definitely wanted someone who would have no problem getting any crowd on the dance floor which is exactly what he did. He would always respond to my questions right away and I tend to ask a lot of questions  I’m not exactly a music guru and had a diverse group of guests as far as age and Chris really just paid attention to what the crowd enjoyed and everyone up partying on the dance floor. He incorporated all of our family’s requests, some being very last minute which meant a lot to us. He made sure to go over all details a week before and then again right before he announced us made sure he had everyone’s name down (and pronunciation) correctly.
    Overall his professionalism, creativity, and flexibility were all key factors in making him a pleasure to work with and in contributing to the most perfect wedding day!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Charlie · Married on 08/29/2014

When my wife and I first began to plan our wedding there was one thing that was most important to her. The dance floor had to be packed all night!

Unlike many of the other DJ companies we reached out to, Chris offered us to meet at his office to go over our special day. At that meeting my wife and I were assured that we were making the right decision. Chris had so many great song ideas to help us make our Wedding perfect.

We did go over certain types of songs that we would like to hear, but left the choice to Chris on what to play. He assured us that he would read the crowd and keep everyone dancing.

Having a packed dance floor may be an easy job with a 200 person wedding. We only had 92 guests, but that did not matter. Chris absolutely killed it and kept everyone dancing all night long. The song choices and mixing were amazing. We could not be more happy that we chose DJ your way with Chris!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/23/2014

Chris was fantastic! Our dance floor was packed all night! Such a fun mix of music! He really listens to make your night exactly what you want! He has awesome suggestions and opinions if you need them! Very professional and so helpful! The music and fun people have at weddings is really what they remember, Chris helped make ours a very memorable one !! We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Cristina · Married on 06/27/2014

From the beginning Chris worked hard to make our wedding what we wanted. He was honest with his opinion when asked and was very supportive of all of our decisions. He seamlessly combined salsa music, with pop, with oldies and the reception was a blast. Everyone was dancing the whole time. Chris is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Monica · Married on 06/14/2014

Chris is an awesome DJ and kept the dance floor packed all night long! Everyone had an amazing time and the music was great! He is very professional and always gets back to you with a very timely matter. I never had to worry about anything. I would highly recommend him for any DJ services!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Kathleen · Married on 05/24/2014

Chris did a fantastic job at our wedding! He called me about two weeks prior to the event to go over all of the details that we had been emailing about. He wanted to make sure he had the correct versions of all of our "special" songs like our first dance, father-daughter dance, etc. We went over all of the details and he was able to offer some great suggestions having been to so many weddings. He was flexible with our unique beer tasting during the reception and had good insight on what works and what doesn't work. The night of the wedding he kept the dance floor packed and everyone loved the playlist. Chris was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Chris was so easy to work with and really made our wedding perfect. Our guests raved about how the music didn't over power their conversations during dinner and made them want to get up and dance all night. I really appreciated how he listed to all our our song choices and fit them in but also incorporating a variety to keep guests on the dance floor. He is definitely not a cheesy DJ. He is upbeat, presentable and made our wedding very special!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Dana · Married on 12/07/2013

Chris provided DJ services for our 12-7-13 wedding and he was fantastic! Chris is upbeat and high energy, but not in a fist-pumping Jersey Shore kind of way. He is professional and clearly loves what he does. He will give you recommendations on "run of show" and song list, but ultimately, his go-to phrase is "It's your day. I'll do whatever you want."

We gave Chris a very short "must play" list and a handful of "do not plays." In addition, we gave him a bunch of songs that we liked, but didn't necessarily have to hear, mostly just to give him an idea of the kind of music we were looking for. Other than that, we gave him full control of the playlist. This is most definitely the way to go. Chris knows what he is doing and he knows how to read the crowd. Just give him a few must haves and the creative license to run with it from there. He got people dancing who I never expected to see on the dance floor. You will not be disappointed!

We didn't have many difficult to pronounce names, but you can tell that Chris will take the time to be sure he gets the announcements right. He carefully went over each person's name for the introductions with us the week before the wedding.

I also wanted to add that we chose Mirrors by Justin Timberlake for our first dance. It was ambitious on our part, as we are not great dancers and this is a fast song! I mentioned this to Chris on our last phone call the week before the wedding. He used his DJ magic to slow down the song for us so that we could (mostly) manage dancing a rumba to it.

So, bottom line, don't waste your time. Just hire Chris. There are no cheesy DJ props or gimmicks or silly tricks. Chris knows his stuff. He is professional and his services are a great value. We were extremely satisfied with his services. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Chris was a great DJ! He kept the dance floor full all night and aside from that being the most important thing to us for the night, he was so organized! When it came time to review things before starting the reception, he was so thorough and orderly! He played for the crowd to keep them going and he even replayed a song for me that I missed while I was out taking pictures. I would absolutely recommend him! Chris is great!!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

David · Married on 10/13/2013

QUALITY
    My wife and I specifically took a hands-off approach. We figured we were paying Chris to be an expert in his field with expertise far beyond ours. We had a short list of "must (not) play" songs, but, other than that, we told him to use his judgment to get and keep people dancing. Nailed it! Excited, sweaty guests packed the floor all night. Afterward, we had literally dozens of people come up to us to compliment our DJ.

RESPONSIVENESS
    We never waited more than a couple hours for a response to an e-mail/voicemail. He made it a point to fulfill whatever music and MC requests we had.

PROFESSIONALISM
    Chris was mature and polished, both at our meetings and on the day itself, including wearing a black suit/tux. We were first drawn to his demeanor: he gets involved in the party as necessary (e.g., announcements) in a non-kitschy or "Jersey Shore" way, but keeps it to a minimum to allow his music to work its own natural magic. He also cared about the details, such as reviewing with us his announcement wording and pronunciations of names he'd introduce. He wrote the several foreign names phonetically on his notes and didn't flub a single one. I particularly appreciated that level of attention to detail.

Chris was friendly and polite to all the guests, including my very demanding mother, and did his best to accommodate their requests while still maintaining the vibe that was fun for the range of ages.

VALUE
    Awesome value. If he charged double, it would still have been a deal. He’s great at what he does and clearly enjoys it.

FLEXIBILITY
    Chris's mantra was, "it's your night, I'll do whatever you want." He offered his opinions but we never felt pressured to agree. We had a few unique requests and didn't get the slightest push-back at any point.

SUMMARY
    Stop wasting time on Google and call Chris. He couldn't be more approachable, polished, or talented, and all at a great price. I'm hoping for another excuse to book him for a party!

Sent on 10/22/2013

DJ Chris did an amazing job at our wedding! He played all of the songs we requested (and didn't play the songs on our "no play" list), and he did a great job feeling the crowd and sensing what songs to play next. He was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding, and was very self-sufficient on the wedding day, leaving us time to be with our guests. We would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2013

DJ Chris Matthews was an amazing DJ. He had the whole place dancing...with the perfect sound filtering throughout the room. He knew his crowd and certainly was able to please everyone. I'm still hearing from people a week later about how he played the perfect balance of music to appeal to everyone. I highly recommend DJ Chris Matthews for anyone's wedding, party, etc.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2013

Chris was an amazing DJ!! He was very attentive and open to making our wedding playlist exactly how we wanted it. We gave him certain songs and he built a playlist around those that was spot on!! I highly recommend him for your wedding!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Lori · Married on 09/07/2013

Was so happy Chris was recommended to us he is truly amazing very personal and definitely knows how to work a crowd.He had everyone on the dance floor all night.We didn't give him a list we just said work the crowd n he did a amazing job.Would definitely recommend him for any occasion you have.Thank you again Chris for making my daughters wedding a night we will never forget!Greeley/ Bernacki wedding!

Thank you again Lori (Aka) Seabass. Lol

Sent on 09/08/2013

Cristina · Married on 08/03/2013

Chris Matthews was nothing but the BEST at our wedding on 8-3-13! He had everyone on the dance floor all night, and our guests continue to talk about how great the music was all night. From the first time we met Chris, he was extremely attentive to our song requests and was very helpful! He definitely knows how to get the crowd going!! Our wedding reception was amazing because of his phenomenal entertainment!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Eric · Married on 07/27/2013

Chris was an amazing DJ. He brought a blend of energy, personality, and professionalism to the dance floor that allowed everyone (young and old) to have a great time! Not only did he impress my wife and I, but he also impressed our guests. We heard so many compliments from our guests about Chris. If you would tell me that you saw 147 guests out of 200 guests dancing on the dance floor at 11:10pm (20 minutes remaining of a 5 hour reception) and I would probably not believe you.... unless you told me that your DJ was Chris. Chris gets 5 starts for this one because he was flawless.....

Sent on 08/12/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/28/2013

Chris definitely made our wedding night such a fun time!! Our guests loved the party, and keep commenting on it! Chris kept us updated throughout the night and the result was a wedding bash that was fluid and fantastic. We definitely recommend Chris, and can vouch for his energy and expertise. We had an unforgettable wedding celebration!

Caitlin & Lester