DJ Your Way With Chris Reviews

196 Reviews for DJ Your Way With Chris

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 04/20/2019

He's your guy!

He’s your guy! We knew as soon as we spoke to DJ Chris on the phone that he was our guy. He was so genuine and down-to-earth. Some of the other DJs we spoke to sounded like car salesmen but Chris was honest and friendly. He had done over 50 weddings at our venue so before the wedding he had a lot of great advice on setup and what we’d actually need music or equipment for (and what we didn’t). He gave us suggestions on where to sit people and how to set up tables, what kind of music would work during each event (he even told us we wouldn’t need him for cocktail hour since the venue had good music already - helping us save money), and what worked best for formal/informal settings depending on what we wanted. I LOVED that he was able to guide us but ultimately he left everything up to us and didn’t pressure us into anything since it was our wedding. Based on the ideas he gave us, we knew we could trust him to read the crowd and play stuff we liked. He made sure we were the stars of the show and that we got everything we wanted.

My favorite part - and we had no idea he was going to do this - was when we were introduced at the reception and came down the stairs. He had the whole crowd twirling their white napkins like rally towels. We’re a crowd of big sports fans so this really brought the excitement to a whole new level!

Most importantly, he read the crowd right and played music that kept people on the dance floor all night! We had a weird mix of young and old guests and he was able to cater to both somehow and keep our friends, my parents friends, work friends of all ages, and grandparents out on the dance floor. As a bride, it made it SO much easier for me that he took one thing off my plate knowing that he would make sure the music would fit the crowd and I could see it as everyone was partying on the dance floor. There were lots of sore feet the day after!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Autumn

Autumn Ferrara · Married on 12/01/2018

Best Wedding DJ!!

Chris was the DJ for my wedding on 12/1/18 and he was absolutely perfect, and incredibly affordable budget wise. He provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and receptions. He helped us plan our timeline of the night, and his knowledge and experience was really helpful in making sure The entire night went smooth, & that all of the music had the perfect flow. He even provided a mic and stand for the ceremony! We gave him a list of songs to give him the vibe of what we were going for and he absolutely nailed it. Our dance floor was going the entire reception (including dinner). I could not be happier with my choice to use Chris for the best day of my life.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Adam Davis · Married on 11/16/2018

Best Wedding DJ

Chris was a fantastic DJ and we highly recommend him. He was easy going and quick to respond from the start. One of the main reasons we picked Chris was because we had a large song request list and we wanted someone who was willing to work them in. Chris was great about not only working our songs in, but flagging some that he was concerned may not go over as well as making recommendations on additions. His recommendations were spot on and he kept the dance floor packed the entire night. Chris also brought a great energy to the event and made it so easy for us. I am pretty sure my wife didn't leave the dance floor once. We can't recommend Chris enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Lorraine · Married on 10/06/2018

Made our reception perfect!

From our first meeting with Chris we were impressed. He understood our needs, made great suggestions and that continued throughout the planning process. He was excellent at the reception. Everyone of all ages from grandparents down to the teens thought the music was catered to them! We had the dance floor packed the whole time and everyone complimented us on our selection of music. Except we didn't select most of it - we let Chris feel the room and he did a great job!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris was amazing and if I could give him more than a 5 I would. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music on 9.29.18. We have gotten so many compliments on how the party was amazing, and the music was awesome he really kept the party alive. He arrived super early to make sure all went to plan, and you could hear crystal clear at the ceremony especially with a few passing cars. Chris knew when to switch songs, and organize the song choices in a way that kept the party going. Chris was very knowledge about music and about how the wedding should go. He helped me and my father plan a surprise dance, without anyone knowing. He even cut the music multiple times for us. He really felt the flow of the music. He helped in any way he could, and made sure we had the best time ever! We can't recommend Chris to enough people!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Chris was the DJ at our wedding earlier this month and I wish I could rate him higher than 5/5- he was the best! Through the whole process he was very professional and easy to work with. He made sure he had all the details in place prior to our big day and went above and beyond to cut down our first dance song for us since it was too long. Chris kept the whole reception flowing smoothly in a really fun and upbeat way. The cocktail hour music was exactly what we wanted and the reception music was awesome. Chris had the dance floor full even before the first course and people didn’t stop dancing until the last song. He had not only our friends, but our parents and their friends dancing the whole night. Family members I’ve never seen dance at weddings were dancing, and even some of our great aunts/uncles got out there. It was hard to leave the dance floor because Chris kept playing one great song after another. I can’t tell you how many compliments I got on the music and people saying they’ve never danced so much at a wedding. Chris did a great job and I can’t recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 06/25/2018
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding DJ

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Chris! He was our DJ for our wedding on 9/22/2018. From our initial meeting with Chris, we knew he was going to be our DJ. Chris exceeded all our expectations we had in a DJ. We initially met with Chris to discuss our wedding and even though it was a “business meeting,” it was so easy to talk with Chris. He made you feel like you knew him for a long time. He really tried to get to know my wife and myself. His personality made it so easy to chat with. While he was very personable and put our happiness above all else, he was not afraid to give us some guidance when he thought a particular song may fit better somewhere else in the night, or that something may not flow as well as we'd like it to. He worked with us to be sure that we had a reception that not only we loved, but everyone else did as well. On our wedding day, we utilized Chris for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He went above and beyond on all three. Choosing your wedding DJ is super important because they are the ones that keep the flow of the party going. Chris is 100% the best man for this job. For the entire night, he played the right songs. Trust me when I say this, if you put your trust in Chris, he does not disappoint. We only gave Chris a few no play songs and told him we trust him, he delivered with a spectacular night of dancing. He played all the right songs. We received so many compliments on our DJ from family members whose weddings we’ve been to who said they never danced so much at weddings. Chris was by far worth every penny. We cannot begin to thank Chris for what he did. Our wedding definitely would not have been the same without him and if I had to do this all over again, I'd pick Chris in a heartbeat. And if I ever need a DJ for a future event, I won't hesitate to give him a call! I highly recommend Chris for your weddings.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Kerri Fitzgerald · Married on 09/15/2018

The best DJ!

We hired Chris as our wedding DJ, and he did such an awesome job! From the first time we met him, we knew he was going to be very easy to work with and had an exciting energy that would clearly translates into his music. Chris is extremely responsive--literally emails you back within minutes--and he's all about what the client wants for their particular event. Our guests were up all night dancing, and multiple people told us how great the music and pace of the night were. I would recommend Chris for any wedding or other party event. He is fabulous to work with!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Mona · Married on 09/06/2018

Excellent DJ! Would recommend again and again!

Chris was my DJ for my 6/8/19 wedding in Hamilton, NJ, and he was absolutely terrific! He consistently responded to all my messages/questions within a few minutes throughout the many months we were in communication. He made it clear from the start that my happiness was a priority, and he would do anything he could to accommodate that. He worked with us to discuss playlists, wedding games (bouquet throw, shoe game), and he even worked very hard to coordinate a special "Happy Birthday" to be sung to my brother who has a developmental disability. Chris was at the venue several hours early setting up, and everything went as smoothly as imaginable. He is familiar with many wedding venues in and around Hamilton, NJ. His home office is beautiful, and he was always professional and respectful. He was kind to my guests making music requests throughout the night, and he kept it very classy and tasteful. Everyone was asking me for the playlist afterwards! I give Chris the highest recommendation, and I know he will make your wedding a musically wonderful occasion!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Chris is an AMAZING deejay. At our wedding on 8.18.18 we had almost 200 guests. The dance floor always had people on it! We gave DJ Chris the go ahead to feel out our crowd and play songs off of them. He nailed it! Sooo many people have told us he was the best deejay they’ve ever seen at an event. You will not be sorry if you choose DJ Chris for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Kurt · Married on 08/04/2018

Chris could not have been a more perfect DJ for us and for our wedding. While he was very personable and put our happiness above all else, he was not afraid to give us some guidance when he thought a particular song may fit better somewhere else in the night, or that something may not flow as well as we'd like it to. He worked with us to be sure that we had a reception that not only we loved, but everyone else did as well. When we got to the reception hall, Chris had already set up shop and was ready to play. While my wife and I were taking photos during cocktail hour, we got several messages from people complimenting us on the music (We asked for some nerdier music to be thrown in, and he ran with it very well). Directions for the introductions were very clear, and the whole process flowed very well. The remainder of the night was a series of perfect scene transitions. It was obvious that Chris knew our schedule very well, and chose the music to fit what the guests would likely be doing in any given moment. The highlight of the night was during and after a performance I gave for my wife. I asked Chris to set me up an area to perform a piece on the saxophone. In the process of setting up the logistics a few weeks before, my wife and I informed him of a song and "dance" that became infamous among my bandmates and I in college, many of whom were there that night. After the performance, Chris transitioned from my piece to said song. About 10 of my friends joined me on the dance floor and did a completely impromptu dance, bringing us all back to our college days. While we had requested the song to be played at some point during the night, Chris timed it perfectly because he knew everyone would be watching, and I'd have my saxophone. Everyone in the room was smiling and laughing. It was absolutely perfect. If I had to do this all over again, I'd pick Chris in a heartbeat. And if I ever need a DJ for a future event, I won't hesitate to give him a call!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Alison · Married on 07/06/2018

Chris was awesome from the very beginning of the night until the end! We were so glad that we chose him as our DJ! He goes over every single detail with you prior to your day so that everything goes exactly as you want it. He was was so detailed and helpful with song choices/questions that we had. We were really able to picture the day before it even happened. Chris exceeded our expectations- he was great!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Katy · Married on 07/05/2018

I was a bridesmaid in my college roommate’s wedding and their DJ was amazing. People did not leave the dance floor the whole night! So when I was planning my July 2018 wedding this was the easiest part. Chris was amazing to work with! He was extremely thorough and helped answer all our questions on the wedding timeline, we gave direction on our music taste and he took over from there. Our guests had an amazing time and are still raving about how much fun our wedding was. Everyone should hire Chris for every event!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/30/2018

Chris was AWESOME! Super high energy and listened to every request we had. Lots of guests complimented his music selection and it fit our crowd just right. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Valentina

Valentina · Married on 06/15/2018

CHRIS IS AWESOME!!! We haven't stopped hearing about our wedding esp. the music. Great mix of everything that my husband and I wanted. We met a few times with Chris and he made sure we were happy and all our questions were answered. VERY professional and just a great guy who knows his music!!! I hope I need a DJ for another event in the future I would go straight to Chris! Thank you so much for everything Chris, we (and all our guests) had a blast!!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie Hill · Married on 06/03/2018

Terrific DJ - 10/10 stars!

Chris was a terrific, high-energy DJ who took excellent care of us and our guests throughout the entire day. The music selection was fantastic and kept everyone on the dance floor and energized until the very last song. He was relaxed and fun to work with before the wedding and really listened to what we wanted. He was organized, communicative and professional and helped make our special day absolutely perfect. It was a pleasure getting to know him and we plan to stay in touch. We would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a great DJ for their wedding! If we could give him extra stars, we would!!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Shawn · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Chris made our wedding an absolutely amazing time. Our wedding guests were of all ages and the flow and variety music had everyone dancing until the very last minute. He was very accommodating to our requests and his feel good personality made the whole experience awesome. We first heard of DJ Chris at our friends wedding which was a great night of dancing and he definitely delivered for ours!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/05/2018

From the very beginning Chris was amazing to work with. He DJed our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception for an amazing price. He went over everything we wanted and needed. He downloaded songs to make sure we had everything EXACTLY the way we wanted. Chris was very professional about letting us know the best way to go about expediting our entire wedding. He ran through every last detail with us. He never downplayed any of our ideas. He did everything he promised. All night I was getting compliments about how amazing Chris was. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night long. We had people tell us that night that our wedding was the most fun they ever had dancing at a wedding. My cousin even used the hashtag on Instagram #djwaslit! We highly recommend Chris to DJ any event you are having and would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Noelle · Married on 04/21/2018

Chris is a down to earth easy going guy that listens to everything you want .But if he gives a suggestion about music or the night take his advice he knows what he is doing!! The night of our wedding we were asked a million times were we found our awesome DJ. He takes his job very serious and tries his best to make your night perfect. He doesn’t just show up and play music he gets the crowd pumped and makes sures you stay on schedule.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Elena · Married on 02/18/2018

Prior to the wedding, Chris made it clear we were in good hands! He was responsive, helpful, and made the planning process stress free. Most importantly, our guests were on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Tana · Married on 11/10/2017

We couldn't have asked for a more professional or accommodating DJ. Chris was fantastic to work with - very receptive, flexible and a great price. We were particular about our song list and volume level, and Chris paid attention to our every request. We would strongly recommend you book him - he was all we could ask for and more! Everyone had a great time and the music kept everyone dancing. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Mike · Married on 11/04/2017

We could not have selected a better DJ for our wedding than Chris! Chris had so much energy and excitement during our first meeting with him a couple months before. As we shared a couple ideas we had with him (First Dance, final song, etc.) you could tell the creative gears were in motion, and he figured out the perfect way to make everything work. We are both very big music fans, and therefore we were very particular about what music we wanted to hear. Chris took our (giant) list of selections and worked in most of the songs we wanted to hear, while still being honest about what he thought may not work or not fit. He communicated well with us leading up to the wedding, and was extremely organized heading into the big day. We wanted a packed dance floor all night, and Chris made that happen! We received a ton of compliments from our guests who loved the music: a good mix of older and newer stuff with the right balance and framing of each song. Chris perfectly executed various touches we wanted: from the father/daughter dance which featured a "polka cut-in" to the final song of the evening, karaoke style. Chris was professional whenever he was on the microphone, keeping his introductions, etc. short and sweet. His sound equipment was top of the line: perfect volume but not too loud for guests who wanted to chat instead of dance. All in all, Chris was a professional, excellent DJ who helped make our big day incredible. We wanted to have a "party atmosphere" at our reception, and he helped deliver that to us, our family, and our friends. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Steve · Married on 10/28/2017

Chris is the ultimate professional and hands down the best DJ in New Jersey. We had multiple conversations over my 15 month engagement and he made us feel at ease the whole time. We used him for our ceremony, cocktail hour, & Reception. We gave him a small list of songs/genere's we liked and he played to our taste. I had questions about whether or not certain songs would be "OK" for the dancefloor, and he will give you his honest opinion but leave it to you at the end of the day. While I never plan on getting married again, I would love to use Chris for future events. In closing, you'll be doing your wedding a disservice by not hiring DJ Chris Matthews to spin at your wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Chris was our favorite vendor to work with! We had been to several weddings of his and had a great time at each one, so we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding. From the first meeting we had with him to the very last dance of our wedding reception, Chris was awesome! He was easy to communicate with and was so enthusiastic, which made us even more excited for our big day. We gave him a handful of songs to show our taste in music and then gave him the freedom to do what he wanted, and he designed an absolutely perfect playlist. He played everything we requested on our "must play" list, and then chose the perfect songs to keep everyone on the dance floor. You know it's a fun wedding when people are on the dance floor before dinner! Chris catered to everything we wanted and created a fun, exciting, perfect night for us and for our guests!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Joseph · Married on 10/14/2017

Beyond amazing and so knowledgeable, professional, and just an overall pleasure to work with. He tailors your needs and ideas and makes them a reality as well as incorporates his innovative styles of entertainment. What a fabulous DJ. Reads the crowd and knows how to keep everyone engaged and having a great time. Chris knows how to time the event and leads the event seamlessly but on schedule. This is our second time experiencing Chris and would do it again and again and again....We have never come across a DJ with the skill that he displays at any other occasion. Thank you Chris for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 10/16/2017