DJ West Reviews

112 | Virginia Beach, VA

112 Reviews for DJ West

Erinn Barnes · Married on 11/17/2018

A DJ with outstanding support, suggestions, friendship, and respect.

Wes and his crew were **phenomenal** to work with. Wes is very flexible and determined to give you everything you ask for, with an extra friendly bonus that you may not have thought about during your wedding ceremony; such as games, contests, toasts, photography, and much more from his experience as an MC and DJ. From beginning to end, fantastic experience. I was blown away with the detail provided in his customer portal. Here, we listed endless song requests, a timeline with any and all details we wished for, and moments during our reception that we may have requested for a certain song to be played at a particular moment. He made the crowd really enjoy themselves by encouraging them to let loose and have fun, while respecting those who wished to sit and watch. We chose DJ Wes because we had 3 other couples recommend him to us. My sister is the next friend to have him in her wedding and we are so excited to celebrate with Wes again! Aside from being a wedding DJ, Wes gives back to the community by sharing his time with local schools to provide school systems with a trust worthy, responsible, respectable, and of course- fun DJ to host school sponsored events. Wes is not only the perfect fit as a DJ, but he is also a well rounded top notch kind of guy :). We love you Wes! :-D

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing job!!!

We had the best experience with DJ West. They made the entire experience so personable and made sure that the selection they had was centered around both my husband and my taste. He was even able to find a specific version of our first dance song!! DJ West and his wife made this experience such a dream, and I genuinely couldn’t have been happier with everything. 100% of the time I will be recommending him!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Mary Katherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing dj!

DJ West was absolutely PERFECT!!! WE could not have asked for a better DJ for our Wedding! He was so fun and easy to work with, and so professional! He helped us with music selections and made the whole process so nice and smooth. He and his team did an amazing job setting everything up for cocktail hour and the reception as well. He is SO INTERACTIVE and FUN and got everyone on the dance floor! We have received so many comments about DJ West and would absolutely recommend him to EVERYONE who needs a DJ! AMAZING JOB!!!! LOVE HIM!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Britney · Married on 10/12/2018

A night to remember!

It has been four weeks that my husband and I have been married!! The wedding wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without DJ West!
    We first saw and experienced how great he was at a friends wedding about two years before and after my husband prosposed, we knew we had to book him. This is how serious we were about it! With our venue, we could have got married either Friday or Saturday for the same price but West was already booked that Saturday and every Saturday after. So our wedding was that Friday lol.
    DJ West is really great at making you feel comfortable and really listens as you explain the vision you have for your wedding. He works with your coordinator and teams up with the photographer to make the event run smoothly. I didint have to worry about a thing. I had so much fun, I only left the dance floor once to get a drink of water LOL! So not like me. Thank you West for honoring our wishes and making our special day a day to remember!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Jason Paulmino · Married on 09/29/2018

Kept our wedding party going!

DJ West kept our wedding party going! He was not originally our DJ as our first choice had to back out but he did not disappoint! He made do with little notice and kept our wedding running smoothly. Highly recommended!

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

DJ West brings the party- rain or shine!

First off, this review is long overdue! DJ West brought the party to my outdoor wedding on September 8, 2018, the very best day of my life. Just after the ceremony took place, the bottom fell out from the sky and it poured the most rain I saw all year (and kept pouring the entire evening). Through it all, DJ West and his team consistently engaged our guests, and kept the party going strong. His assistant could even be seen escorting some guests with an umbrella when they left the covered area (seriously, we couldn't have asked for more!). He took time before the big day to get to know my husband and I and really understand our tastes in music, which really showed when the dance floor opened up! If we could do the whole day over again (including the rain!) we would hire DJ West in a heartbeat. Thank you for everything Wes!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Renee · Married on 08/18/2018

From the first moment we connected with DJ West, we were convinced he was the perfect guy for the job. It was as if we'd known him previously. He asked all the right questions to get to know us before our wedding. From the ease of the website portal to simply having a conversation about the flow of things, he had a way of making us feel comfortable about everything. We weren't worried at all knowing he was handling all of the details. He arranged the rehearsal and had everyone in place in no time. His expertise was definitely appreciated. Our wedding day was absolutely magical! He kept everyone entertained and the dance floor filled. We can't say enough about him. The best party ever!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Jackie Ayaya · Married on 07/21/2018

We are so thankful he was part of our special day!

DJ West was amazing ! We are so thankful he was part of our special day ! We are happy he knew how to keep the crowd dancing and the night was so much fun !💃 🕺highly recommend!

Carol Olsen · Married on 07/04/2018

Dj west is the best!

Thank you for your EXCELLENT DJ services. Everyone had a blast
    at our recent Run on the Wild Side 5K at The Virginia Zoo. You were so pleasant and easy to work with. And your selection of music was perfect...people didn't want to leave! You are awesome...so glad we have such a wonderful new friend! We are already looking forward to our next event together!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Marjorie · Married on 06/16/2018

DJ West was the very first and one of the best investments I made for my wedding. We met and went over everything that I wanted for my special day and discussed everything that he could do to make it perfect. He kept the crowd moving from beginning to end. I could barely eat my food because he had the dance floor calling my name! DJ West also did an amazing job coming from behind the turn table and interacting with my guests and I. To put the icing on the cake, he had amazing uplighting that set the perfect mood for the evening.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Bari · Married on 06/09/2018

DJ West was everything we wanted in a DJ. He had our guests dancing from the start and he designed a perfect playlist. Our family and friends are still raving about him 2 months later!
    One thing I really appreciated about Westley is that he took care of my husband and me. He became a new dad 2 weeks before our wedding and he STILL checked in to make sure we weren't stressed. He made the process so easy and I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Ashley Das · Married on 06/02/2018

Our Wedding MVP

DJ West

DJ West was an OUTSTANDING part of our wedding day. We had a very logistically complicated schedule with two different wedding ceremonies, multiple ceremony sites and a WIDE range of very specific music that we wanted to play for the Christian and Hindu ceremonies as well as the reception! Not only did DJ West handle multiple set-ups with ease and made all of the transitions absolutely smooth, he really made our reception a great party. Six months later, we still have friends and family commenting on how great our DJ was. For anyone getting married in Virginia, I cannot recommend DJ west highly enough! Westley and his wife had also JUST had a baby and he did everything perfectly having had practically no sleep. Thank you so much Westley for making our day so amazing!

Ashley and Pritom Das

Sent on 01/22/2019

Chelsea · Married on 05/19/2018

DJ west saved our wedding. Our previously scheduled DJ informed us five days before our wedding that he never had us on his schedule even after multiple discussions. Needless to say, Westley was extremely generous and always responded quickly to try and alleviate the obvious stress I had endured. This was a blessing in disquise because he was absolutely amazing! He was attentive, charismatic, respectful and even let me sing ice ice baby on the mic. The guests at our wedding were asking for his information to use for private parties, and other wedding events. I couldn’t ask for a better DJ. He cares about his clients, the guests, and is a pleasure to work with! If I could give him 10 stars I would!!

Sent on 08/12/2018
  • claudia

claudia · Married on 05/05/2018

Absolutely amazing and fun

Would I recommend DJ West? what a question, a thousand times YES! he is the best DJ in NOVA. He was amazing during our wedding, he got everyone laughing with the shoe game and the ice breaker. He also got everyone to dance, everyone loved him, my guest kept asking me if he was a close friend of mine because he was talking to all the guest and getting down on the floor. Look no more this is the DJ that you want!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Brian · Married on 04/25/2018

DJ West...from booking to reception was top notch. Very responsive but laid back when it came to deposit etc.

Reception..:wow! We had a smaller group of 30-40 people at a private house, but he was able to get us all out there in the dance floor. From cocktail hour, to dinner, to reception...he really was spot on knowing our crowd. I couldn’t recommend him more.

Sue and Brian - Outer Banks Wedding 2018

Sent on 08/13/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/22/2018

Best DJ ever!

My husband and I booked DJ West for our wedding that was held on November 3, 2018 and he was absolutely amazing! There are so many DJ choices out there and when starting to plan your wedding it gets overwhelming! DJ West was recommended to us and when my husband and I first met him we knew instantly he was who we wanted to run one of the most important parts of our wedding! DJ West is so down to earth and so full of life and energy. He is very easy going and easy to talk to. He made the whole process so easy for us!
    He even came to our rehearsal and made the last couple of days leading up to our big day so much easier.
    DJ West was a hit at our wedding. He kept the party going all night. He interacted with our guest and danced with us. Our guest loved every moment of it! I would most certainly use him again in the future for our events!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Mary · Married on 04/21/2018

Sent on 06/04/2018

Lee & Mary West · Married on 04/21/2018

Divinely Appointed Vendor for Our Wedding

DJ West was truly a divinely appointed vendor for our wedding. He did an amazing job and many people asked about his services even afterward and talked about how great he did! We loved the music portal he had for us to use to pick out our music, super easy to use. He also took the time to meet with us and go over the vision for our ceremony. Highly recommend DJ West!

Kayla · Married on 03/24/2018

If I could give DJ West 100 stars, I would! Our wedding was a blast and we got tons of comments from friends and family about how awesome the music was. The dance floor was never empty! He totally listened and understood exactly what we were looking for. He and his wife truly made us feel that we weren't just clients because of how personable they were. He made everything so completely easy and we couldn't have been happier. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2018

DJ West's reply:

Your wedding was so so much fun. I truly enjoy every single moment of it from the moment we met you guys. My favorite moment is when you and Parker were on the dance floor together and when your guests picked you guys up at the end of the night! That was such a priceless moment. :)

Heather · Married on 03/03/2018

DJ West was amazing at my mom’s surprise 50th birthday party! He played the perfect songs and kept everyone moving and having fun! He even played musical chairs which was a HUGE hit for the kids playing and the adults watching. He was awesome from the day I contacted him all way to the big day. I highly recommend!! Thanks, West!

Heather Shepherd

Sent on 03/04/2018

Amber · Married on 12/30/2017

DJ West MADE our wedding. We had a really hard time picking vendors for the wedding, but after meeting with DJ West we were so confident in our choice to go with him. He made us feel so at ease and excited about the big day. His online portal tool made it fun and super easy to pick songs and feel prepared before the wedding. However, I will say that my husband and I got caught up in all of the planning and hadn't picked some of the ceremony songs. DJ West stayed up very late two days before the wedding sending us suggestions for our ceremony. He really went above and beyond to help us find songs that were right for us During the reception he kept us on our timeline, moving us from one event to the next. And most importantly, our dance floor was PACKED full all night long. People are still talking about how much fun the wedding was and how wonderful the DJ was. I have never been to a wedding where more people were on the dance floor. He was the best DJ I have ever experienced and I will without reservation recommend him to others and book him if the need arises again!

Sent on 01/05/2018

DJ West's reply:

Hey Amber & CJ! You two are simply beautiful people. It is so amazing to call you my friends. Every step of the way it was pleasure being able to get to know you and your story and your love for each other. I absolutely loved your music choices. HAHAHA They were so perfect and YOU guys MADE your wedding because you requested some amazing songs and your family and friends were so excited to dance the night away with you. I mean seriously yall totally know how to party. Your ceremony was simply beautiful...the food was great and everything turned out so wonderful. Thank you for the honor to serve as your DJ! Love you guys! -West & Shina

Jeffrie · Married on 12/13/2017

DJ West hosted our Holiday party and he was absolutely awesome. His set up was great and he was very professional. He was the DJ, MC and even blessed the food. He pretty much did it all. I would highly recommended him to be your next DJ.

Sent on 12/22/2017

DJ West's reply:

Thank you Jeffrie, it was a blast being able to celebrate the holidays with your command! Thank you for choosing us to be your Dj for this year's Christmas Party and I look forward to partying again with you next year.

Greg · Married on 11/18/2017

We had DJ West play for our daughter's Bat MItzvah and he was awesome! He kept 50+ 12-13 years totally engaged and out on the dance floor with his music, games, etc.

Sent on 11/24/2017

DJ West's reply:

Greg, thank you so much for the wonderful review. What a blast it was to celebrate your daughter's Bat Mitzvah! Thank you for allowing me the honor to serve as your family's Dj for the evening. I hope Sarah enjoyed every second of the party!

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

From the very beginning, DJ West made us feel more like his friends than a client. From random texts just checking in, to meeting with us to go over the portal and help us pick our important songs. Fast forward to the wedding... DJ West was very professional, we didn’t have to worry about anything! He worked seamlessly with our coordinator and the caterers to make our night go smoothly! When the dance floor started, no one wanted it to end! He kept the dance floor full, felt out the crowd and kept it flowing! DJ West goes above and beyond, not only did he come out to the dance floor to help with the normal line dances, he would come out and just enjoy the music with us! (Hence, feeling like a friend more than just a client!) I would highly recommend DJ West for any wedding and we would hope to book him again for a future event of any kind!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Liana · Married on 10/21/2017

Westley was so helpful during the months leading up to the wedding, and on the day of was prompt and delivered exactly as planned. He is a phenomenal DJ and if you’re wondering if he is the one for your wedding/event—he is!!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

DJ West's reply:

Oh wow Liana, you and Wesley were so amazingly incredible from the time we met. It was sooooooooo awesome to see you two so happy and to be able to dance the night away. Your family & friends seemed like they had a blast. It was an honor serving you guys. Thank you.