DJ VALENTINA Reviews

58 | Cranston, RI

58 Reviews for DJ VALENTINA

Eleanor · Married on 09/25/2015

So glad we hired DJ Valentina. She was ready with a variety of music for the different nationalities that were at my daughter's wedding. She had people on the dance floor all night. It was a pleasure working with Valentina. She also provided great music for both the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Job nicely done. Would highly recommend DJ Valentina for your function.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Cassie · Married on 09/05/2015

One of my biggest fears when I was planning our wedding was that no one would dance. Let me tell you how ridiculous that fear was, especially since we were fortunate enough to hire Valentina. She had people out on the dance floor all night, including me and my husband! She was readily available during the planning process and had plenty of suggestions whenever I was unsure. She was also the emcee for the evening and kept the entire evening running smoothly. I really like that she took song requests from the guests and she checked in with me periodically throughout the night. To say that she is fantastic is an understatement.

I would highly recommend Valentina! And if you're looking for a photographer, you should check out her husband - James Anthony Photography. I'm so glad we hired both of them for our wedding - complete professionals and just really good people.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Vanessa · Married on 08/01/2015

My husband and I used Valentina as our DJ and we have nothing but excellent things to say about her. From our initial appointment to after the wedding she was absolutely wonderful. We loved all of her ideas and I appreciated that she listened to ours, not only because I can be a tad bit particular but it was important to us to have a good mix of spanish and english music. One of my favorite things to do is dance and I, along with many of my guest never left the dance floor, including my ninety year old grandmother. This was very important to us, we recongnized that even with extensive planning for our special day, the entertainment or the "party" is what guest usually remember. Our friends and family are still raving about it. You honestly can not get better than Valentina, she's courteous, professional, family oriented, great entertainer, and absolutely stunning (huge added bonus)!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Sabrina · Married on 07/26/2015

We had the privilege of having DJ Valentina for our wedding reception on July 26, 2015, and she did not disappoint us! She keep the beat going all night and she working flawlessly with our Italian band. They created the perfect mix of traditional Italian wedding music and hip hop and dance music for all of the young people at our wedding! She was such a pleasure to work with that day and during the time leading up to the wedding. She was so professional and did an amazing job for all our introductions, especially considering my whole family needed to be announced in and all of their names are very Italian! I have to admit, it didn't hurt that all my friends thought I got Rihanna to DJ our wedding too! I would highly recommend Valentina for any wedding or celebration you are thinking of hosting.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Trisha · Married on 07/04/2015

Sweet Sweet Valentina!

My brother recommended Valentina and her services at Hitched when I began my wedding planning. Valentina is hip and current (something new brides probably look for). She was excited to meet with my and my future husband to see how we were as a couple, to learn about us and get our "vibe". I really appreciated this. It showed me she was interested in making our wedding memorable and fit into our "us-ness" if that makes sense. She made sure to play songs we specifically wanted. She kept the crowd excited. Valentina paid close attention to detail when it came to announcing the wedding party. She made sure she could pronounce everyone's names correctly. Her attention to detail really showed her professionalism. She was prompt with her correspondence and I couldn't ask for a better DJ for my special day/night.

Thanks Val!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Valentina is awesome. She and her husband, James Anthony, are a great pair. They were laid-back, cool, and fun to work with.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Maegan · Married on 10/04/2014

DJ Valentina was absolutely incredible at my wedding. She kept everyone on the dance floor all night and everyone had a blast. She was extremely professional and followed all of my requests. My husband's family is Portuguese and she even made the announcements in English and Portuguese for our guests. Valentina was so sweet each time we met and made me feel very comfortable. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone and everyone for their events in the future!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Meghan · Married on 08/31/2014

Valentina is great--she really wants to keep everyone up and dancing. We had so much fun, and I definitely used her for suggestions on things like entrance music.

(And, yes, I lost count of the number of people who asked how I got Rihanna as my dj ;-))

Sent on 09/12/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2014

Dj Valentina was phenomenal, everyone at our wedding was dancing all night long! She did a great job of really reading the crowd and playing the music that they wanted to dance to. She made sure to play our requested songs from our "must play" list we provided her. I still have so many of our guests telling us how awesome the DJ was and that they had a blast dancing all night. She was easy to talk to and helped us with any of our concerns and was also affordable compared to many other DJ's that were not nearly as good! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Karen · Married on 05/17/2014

Words cannot express how grateful I am for the professional job DJ Valentina has done for our special day, from start to finish was perfect. When we first met with her she was very personable and instantly made us feel very comfortable. She took our suggestions and helped us with our music selection. From the start of our wedding day to the finish was both entertaining and professional, our guest were kept entertained and enjoyed every minute keeping them fully engaged at all times. Her music choices were right on point keeping our guests dancing until the very end. Every moment was perfect and flawless. We cannot thank her enough for keeping our day perfect not having to worry about our guests not being entertained. Perfect just perfect.
    Again thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts. Job Well done.
    Karen & Vinny Roberts

Sent on 06/08/2014

kendra · Married on 12/31/2013

When we first started looking into DJ's for our wedding we knew that we needed someone special. We had a diverse group of guests ranging in different ethnicities and age. It was a New Years Eve wedding so we needed to make sure that our guests were entertained until the countdown. As soon as we met Valentina we both agreed that she was exactly who we needed. Throughout the planning process she was always there for questions and advice. A last minute detail was forgotten by us, and hours before the wedding she accommodated us by arriving earlier than expected to allow our officiate to use an extra microphone. She blended our diverse choice of music perfectly and met all of our requests and expectations. We also purchased an up-lighting package from her which transformed the ballroom, we are so glad that we invested in it. Overall, we would definitely recommend DJ Valentina for her warm demeanor and her skills.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Julia · Married on 11/09/2013

My wife and I planned our wedding in two months from out of town. We were really fortunate in finding great people to work with, especially Valentina. We really wanted to have an awesome dance party and had very little mental space for thinking about how to make it happen. In looking around for DJs I found a number with good reviews,but as I looked through them, I realized that they were all men. As a female engineer, I'm sensitive to the challenges of being a woman in a male dominated field, so I changed my search and looked for a female DJ, and that's when I found DJ Valentina. I am so glad that I did. I can't tell you how grateful I am that she was available, especially given our short time frame. I really can't recommend her enough. She delivered on all accounts--she was professional and responsive, she listened to my idea for a different kind of "first dance" and made it happen, she took the wide-ranging list of songs we and our guests generated and created the Best Dance Party Ever. Every song she played made me want to dance. Even when I was tired and sort of wanted to rest, I couldn't help but stay on the dance floor because it was all just too perfect. My 65 year old parents were rocking out to everything she played. It was so much fun. We had a loosely 20's themed wedding--the reception was in a restored speakeasy and we, and many of our guests, took inspiration from the 20's and 30's in our outfits. I told Valentina about the theme because I wanted the music during the cocktail hour and dinner to mostly fit that theme. The music during that time was perfect, but she took it even further and showed up dressed to kill in awesome 20's flare. I think that's the difference between someone who is just doing their job and someone who loves what they do and treats each wedding (or other event) as its own unique thing. You will not regret hiring DJ Valentina for your event. She rocks, literally and figuratively.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2013

We booked DJ Valentina for our wedding at Plimoth Plantation and she was perfect. Upon meeting her I instantly knew she was the DJ for our wedding. She is very professional and easygoing at the same time. She was willing to help with any and all of the music details. I relied on her expertise on music selections for our ceremony and reception. My guests had so much fun dancing the night away. We also booked a photo booth and up lighting from her team. Everyone had a blast with the photo booth and the up lighting added a magical touch to the event. I highly recommend DJ Valentina and her team and I am so glad we booked her for our special day.

Sent on 11/06/2013

DJ VALENTINA's reply:

Wow! Thank you Kristen. Is it too soon to say I love you?? lol

Christine · Married on 09/21/2013

Dj Valentina did a great job with the music for our wedding! Our guests were on the dance floor all night long and were raving about her the next day! I'm so happy we went with her. She really knows how to keep the party going!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Valentina was excellent! She had everyone dancing all night long!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Valentina is a professional who gives you what you want . She plays the music you want played at your event . Couldn't of asked for any better. From the beginning to the end she is in contact with you . If I ever need a DJ for another event she is my pick .

Sent on 07/17/2013

Danya · Married on 06/08/2013

DJ Valentina made my wedding transform into the dance party I asked for. I recommended her to a friend who also had her as the DJ and all the guests from my wedding and my friends wedding had a great time!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Kelly · event on: 06/03/2013

Valentina did an excellent job for our corporate event. She arrived in plenty of time, was professional, played music appropriate for our event and also stayed late to accommodate late arrivals. We highly recommend her and would use her again for any event we hosted in Boston.

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • User3307539 · event on: 05/31/2013

The students at the prom loved the Music DJ Valentina played!

Sent on 06/07/2013

kristina · Married on 09/14/2012

DJ Valentina was fabulous! During the planning stage she was extremely flexible, knowledgeable and made the whole process of easy. DJ Valentina shares a trendy, modern office with two other professionals in the wedding industry. A Photographer and Videographer. & they also own a photolounge. How perfect. We immediately loved Valentina. She is energetic, friendly, very quick at communicating back and forth via email, and her passion and talent for music and the wedding industry shows. Not only did we book Valentina, we booked her whole team.

The night of the wedding, Valentina arrived looking her stylish self and did an amazing job keeping the music and the flow of the night going smoothly. Judging by the dance moves on the dance floor our friends and family loved her. Our guests, of all ages, were dancing machines thanks to Valentina! We couldn't have been happier with our decision. Lucky for me, my sister-in-law loved & booked her too and we will get to see her again at an event next month!

<3 Kristina

Sent on 09/25/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2012

My husband and I both highly recommend Valentina! She is soo nice and did an awesome job. Everyone was telling us how they loved the music and there were people up dancing that NEVER dance!! What more could you ask for?

Sent on 09/02/2012

DJ Valentina was awesome, all of our guest loved her and we did too!

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • Lynda

Lynda · Married on 05/21/2011

If you want a complete wedding dj, one that will listen to what your tastes and your guests tastes are, what vibe you are looking for on your special day, and someone who will seamlessly emcee your reception, look no further than DJ Valentina!

I heard of Valentina through another wedding planning site, and then found that I knew friends that have attended weddings and/or clubs that she's dj'd at. They all gave her great reviews, so we decided to give her a call.

Valentina sat down with us, asked us what our musical tastes were, and what our musical genres our guests like. She took the time to explain that she is very flexible with our wants and needs, and as the event goes on, will read the room to continue to keep guests on the dance floor.

She delivered on her words! After the introductions (which she phonetically spelled out for herself, to ensure that she would pronounce the names perfectly), our dinner service started with low-level quartet jazz selections, and progressed into more lively jazz and big band music towards mid-entree. After dinner, the dancing started, and our very first song that was requested was "Dancing Queen," by ABBA. Perfect, and right-on as far as the musical genre that we wanted to concentrate on! Everyone got up and started dancing, stopped briefly for the cake cutting (and cake eating), then resumed right up until the last dance!

Valentina's announcements were timed just when they needed to be announced, and we got nothing but great comments about her from our guests and the venue, who also wants to hire her for future events!

Book DJ Valentina sooner than later - her schedule fills up FAST! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/07/2011

So I'm about 3 years late but in my defense, I don't think this site was available then ;). DJ Valentina was wonderful! She played all the music I asked for! She was beautiful, professional and did a fabulous job. I could not have asked for a better DJ! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Emilee · Married on 05/30/2010

The best DJ I could have ever found! She even came the night before my wedding to help with the decorations! She knew exactly what type of music to play and everyone had a wonderful time. Want to make sure your guests are always entertained? Defintely hire DJ Valentina! Thanks for all your help!

Sent on 06/05/2010